AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-02, 01:08   Link #321
Team Rocket Elite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Here's a list of the Top 49 nomination getters and how many nominations I've seen for them based on the data I've collected so far:

Spoiler for Top 49:


The data was collected from here and the ISML boards so there's a pretty clear country bias. The sample size (33) is also very small. Despite that, I thought it would be interesting data to look at.

It's nice to see that the fact that everybody knows Mio is a lock to get in hasn't stopped her from taking first place. Saten follows closely behind which is expected. I knew Seitokai No Ichizon characters would have a fair amount of support, but their performance exceeds my expectations. Although Hitagi ranks pretty high, her placement is a bit disappointing. It's not bad, but it doesn't really live up to her hype. Kirino and Yuuko are the highest ranking non-exhibition returners. I like them a lot, but considering how stronger they are, their support is a bit surprising.

There are a couple Umineko entires on the list. Hopefully, the Umineko fanbase doesn't end up spreading their nominations too thin by trying to get the entire female cast in and ending with nobody getting in. They should focus on Beatrice, Bernkastel and Ange to make sure at least those three get in before spreading to Lambdadelta, Maria and the 7 sisters of Purgatory.

I'll see if I can post another update to this later on. If you want your nominations to be counted, be sure to post them in this topic or on the ISML board.
__________________
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Team Rocket Elite is offline  
Old 2010-01-02, 01:36   Link #322
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
I agree. Out of the hundreds that will be nominated for 2010 preliminaries, it is pretty clear that Akiyama Mio got the shaft after the rest of the K-ON! band members (and popular ones at that) got put on "the list". I am really hoping for a good performance out of her this year.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2010-01-02, 01:38   Link #323
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
My last minute nominations:

1. Akiyama Mio - K-ON!
2. Senjougahara Hitagi - Bakemonogatari
3. Shihou Matsuri - sola
4. Saten Ruiko - To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
5. Minami Kana - Minami-ke Okaeri
6. Sakurano Kurimu - Seitokai no Ichizon
7. Shiina Mafuyu - Seitokai no Ichizon
8. Kusakabe Misuzu - 11eyes
9. Nogizaka Haruka - Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
10. Katagiri Yuhi - Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
11. Sheryl Nome - Macross Frontier
12. Lisa - Seiken no Blacksmith
__________________



CrowKenobi is offline  
Old 2010-01-02, 01:43   Link #324
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Yes, please don't nominate Mikoto.
__________________
Seishi is offline  
Old 2010-01-02, 01:51   Link #325
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
How about Makoto (Minami-ke)?

__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2010-01-02, 01:54   Link #326
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Here's a list of the Top 49 nomination getters and how many nominations I've seen for them based on the data I've collected so far:

Spoiler for Top 49:


The data was collected from here and the ISML boards so there's a pretty clear country bias. The sample size (33) is also very small. Despite that, I thought it would be interesting data to look at.

It's nice to see that the fact that everybody knows Mio is a lock to get in hasn't stopped her from taking first place. Saten follows closely behind which is expected. I knew Seitokai No Ichizon characters would have a fair amount of support, but their performance exceeds my expectations. Although Hitagi ranks pretty high, her placement is a bit disappointing. It's not bad, but it doesn't really live up to her hype. Kirino and Yuuko are the highest ranking non-exhibition returners. I like them a lot, but considering how stronger they are, their support is a bit surprising.

There are a couple Umineko entires on the list. Hopefully, the Umineko fanbase doesn't end up spreading their nominations too thin by trying to get the entire female cast in and ending with nobody getting in. They should focus on Beatrice, Bernkastel and Ange to make sure at least those three get in before spreading to Lambdadelta, Maria and the 7 sisters of Purgatory.

I'll see if I can post another update to this later on. If you want your nominations to be counted, be sure to post them in this topic or on the ISML board.
I hope I don't get the urge to do what you just did, like I did last year...
Sew time consuming.

I think if anything is a forgone conclusion in noms, it's that Mio takes the top spot with room to spare.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Old 2010-01-02, 01:54   Link #327
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
I like the majority of your list, Ithekro. Nice. You nominated what I didn't have space to nominate. What a champ.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline  
Old 2010-01-02, 02:03   Link #328
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
I'm not sure if I said this before, but cute C.C. avatar, Last Sinner.

And I've always wanted to ask you - Your siggy mentions "reviews" but all I see are lists. D:
Are you referring to your animenfo account?
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Old 2010-01-02, 14:50   Link #329
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fate's futon ofc
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
__________________



ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 12:12   Link #330
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Still, numbers count I suppose. While a girl might get nominated, there is no assurance she will be on the top enough for the next phase.

But that someone cared enough to nominate her is something as well.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 13:55   Link #331
hinakatbklyn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
2010 ISML nominations (Cross posted on ISML)

(1) Mio Akiyama (K-ON)
(2) Kurimu Sakurano (Seitokai no Ichizon)
(3) Minatsu Shiina (Seitokai no Ichizon)
(4) Cecily Campbell (Seiken no Blacksmith)
(5) Mayoi Hackikuji (Bakemonogatari)
(6) Tsubasa Hanekawa (Bakemonogatari)
(7) Yuuki Mikan (To Love Ru)
(8) Hime Makita (Sora no Manimani)
(9)Airi (Queen's Blade)
(10)Alice Carroll (Aria the Natural)
(11)Kirino Chiba (Bamboo Blade)
(12)Ruiko Saten (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun)
hinakatbklyn is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 16:10   Link #332
Eater of All
NOM
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Outside the Asylum
Done with my nominations. Surprisingly, it only took about 45 minutes; thought it'd take much longer.

Spoiler for Nominations:


I put the girls' prospects of entering the tournament on a pretty high priority, which is apparent from the fact that most of them are from relatively recent series. Some though I just nominated for the hell of it.
Eater of All is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 17:15   Link #333
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 62
A little of this 'n' a little of that

1. Yuuko Amamiya (ef - a tale of melodies)
2. Matsuri Shihou (sola)
3. Rakka (Haibane Renmei)
4. Sawako Kuronuma (Kimi ni Todoke)
5. Nyuu/Lucy (Elfen Lied)
6. Manami Amamiya (Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!)
7. Chii (Chobits)
8. Makoto Sawatari (Kanon)
9. Ame Ochibana (Denpa Teki na Kanojo)
10. Akari Mizunashi (ARIA)
11. Shinobu Oshino (Bakemonogatari)
12. Misuzu Kamio (AIR)

__________________
Ahasuerus is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 20:06   Link #334
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I haven't nominated yet. Does that make me a bad person?
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 20:19   Link #335
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I haven't nominated yet. Does that make me a bad person?
Yes. Just copy my list and you should be okay
__________________
Ahasuerus is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 20:25   Link #336
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
How about you get onto IRC!
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 21:36   Link #337
hinakatbklyn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I haven't nominated yet. Does that make me a bad person?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
Yes. Just copy my list and you should be okay
(1) If I didn't think there was a particular character that I would want to vote for, I wouldn't push myself to vote.

(2) If it was that easy to convince neutral voters to get nominations, I would of tried the same thing. But seriously, it should be up to the one doing the nomination.

Don't mind me. I'm just a fair and square kind of person.
hinakatbklyn is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 21:42   Link #338
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Screw patience.



Whoops, forgot to flip Matsuri there.
__________________
Seishi is offline  
Old 2010-01-03, 23:29   Link #339
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
(1) If I didn't think there was a particular character that I would want to vote for, I wouldn't push myself to vote.

(2) If it was that easy to convince neutral voters to get nominations, I would of tried the same thing. But seriously, it should be up to the one doing the nomination.

Don't mind me. I'm just a fair and square kind of person.
Umm... I was joking? It's not like I expected him (or anyone) to take me seriously; it's not like I'm one of those who expects everyone to vote MY WAY; it'a not like I RAGE over my girls losing or being spurned repeatedly (despair though is quite another thing)

And KS isn't exactly neutral
__________________
Ahasuerus is offline  
Old 2010-01-04, 01:45   Link #340
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
Umm... I was joking? It's not like I expected him (or anyone) to take me seriously; it's not like I'm one of those who expects everyone to vote MY WAY; it'a not like I RAGE over my girls losing or being spurned repeatedly (despair though is quite another thing)

And KS isn't exactly neutral
I'd have given you 5 of my slots if you mentioned it sooner, but alas, Chaosprophet and Aleri took them all without remorse.

Minhtam was giving free slots too. (lol @ being able to only think up three characters to nominate.)
Compared to that, my 7 nominations is a work of art.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, moe, saimoe, tournament, voting

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.