AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-07, 00:26   Link #3441
Team Rocket Elite

Nice job taking down Fate Ui. Ui actually did slightly worse than what my stats called for. Although the idea has been thrown around, it seems unlikely that there was any significant anti-Fate push. If there was, it was counted by an equal or perhaps even larger pro-Fate push. It looks like it's down to Hitagi vs Rin for 16th place. Hitagi didn't look too great against Ryou but Rin looked even worse against Louise. Lets hope both Rin and Hitagi actually decide to show up in Diamond 7. Shana and Azusa both looked a bit weak on their blowouts. Not a huge deal and Shana is so far ahead of everyone else that she could stand to underperform a bit.
Old 2010-08-07, 00:31   Link #3442
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Ui beating Fate this makes me soo happy since I'm very happy with Rin or Hitagi making into DE , I'll have to consider heavily which I'll vote for now though , and also happy about it cause Ui is 3rd most moe K-ON girl to me[Azusa > Mio > Ui > Yui > Ritsu > Mugi for Moe level].

Aside only other note worth result to me was that C.C. got a lot closer to Saber than I thought she would.
Old 2010-08-07, 01:08   Link #3443
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Ahasuerus, you don't come see us anymore.
Adjustments to RL; nothing major
Old 2010-08-07, 03:28   Link #3444
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I'm just going to go right ahead and say it.

God, people suck so much, and are devoid of any taste what-so-ever.
Old 2010-08-07, 03:29   Link #3445
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
There's no problem hating the voters, but I think we should avoid transferring that hate to the characters...
Old 2010-08-07, 03:33   Link #3446
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I hate the character who the voters voted for. Hating them both is necessary.
Old 2010-08-07, 03:40   Link #3447
imbehindyou
turn around...

Quote:
There's no problem hating the voters, but I think we should avoid transferring that hate to the characters...
I always thought it was the other way around

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2010-08-07, 03:44   Link #3448
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

As did I, but just went with it.
Old 2010-08-07, 04:03   Link #3449
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah, most people would think the other way, but I won't. I refuse to hate a character/series because of the way its fans act (Shana, SHnY, etc...).
Old 2010-08-07, 07:48   Link #3450
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Fate lose = Many insulting at ISML forum.........
Old 2010-08-07, 10:06   Link #3451
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

I'm sorry you're going through this...

However, I was able to come to terms with my likely disappointment a period ago when I began to see that Holo likely wasn't gonna make it!
Old 2010-08-07, 10:15   Link #3452
Sphire

A bit late to the party, but still managed to check results. Not entirely surprised by results. Somewhat surprised by all the rage over at ISML forums, since it's a usually calm place, given other 'upsets' that have occured. Mostly surprised by the fact people think Rin and Hitagi fans (or even K-on! fans) could tactically vote and cause the upset. Neither Rin nor Hitagi have been faring great in the last couple of periods, their 'pure' fans can't even get their own character to win seemingly winnable matches, let alone bring down someone else..at least that's what I think.

I may be going a bit harsh on Shana and her fans, but to me, the only reason Ui won was because she's part of Shana's SDO this period. The same reason why Yami so narrowly beat Nanoha. My only thought is that you'd need a sizable fanbase to actually do anything significant. In essence, if Ui had been facing Rin or Hitagi, I'd expect Ui to still win.

I may be wrong in putting the blame on Shana rather than K-on! though, I admit. Perhaps K-on! has notched up a gear or 2, with heavy wins for Azusa and now Ui, even Mio's somewhat back to her pre-ruby strenght. I guess we'll see in the Mio vs Hina match if K-on!'s fanbase really has strenghtened. I expect Hina to win so that Shana gets the no. 1 slot though. If based on a pure head to head fight, I wouldn't be so confident as to pick a winner.

But this has made the Rin vs Hitagi match all the more interesting. Great way to settle who should get the remaining DE slot, a head to head battle, with 'probably' no tactical voting. As for the rest of the top matches, it's great to see there is still space to jossle for positions in terms of schedule for DE, perhaps there'll be tactical voting so that certain characters can avoid each other.

I just hope my internet allows to vote, and doesn't screw around with me...

Quote:
Yeah, most people would think the other way, but I won't. I refuse to hate a character/series because of the way its fans act (Shana, SHnY, etc...).
I hate characters/series based on the characters themselves....
Old 2010-08-07, 10:44   Link #3453
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
I may be going a bit harsh on Shana and her fans, but to me, the only reason Ui won was because she's part of Shana's SDO this period. The same reason why Yami so narrowly beat Nanoha. My only thought is that you'd need a sizable fanbase to actually do anything significant. In essence, if Ui had been facing Rin or Hitagi, I'd expect Ui to still win.
Its an interesting thought, first time I hear this one....Im not big on the whole SDO system so when u say this, are you saying Ui won to increase or lower Shana overall SDO? If its increase....I kinda see it as unnecessary seeing how far ahead she already is from everyone else
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-08-07, 10:47   Link #3454
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Wow, never thought I would be routing for Taiga. Go Mio, and Taiga
Old 2010-08-07, 11:59   Link #3455
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm glad my moe isn't based on a single show/character.
Old 2010-08-07, 13:24   Link #3456
Eater of All
NOM

Personally, I don't think tactical voting factored much, if any, into Ui beating Fate. Just as there can be anti-votes against Fate getting #16, there can also be pro-votes for Fate getting #16. Similarly, there are people who are supporting Rin/Hitagi, and there are people against them.

Captain Obvious yes, but sometimes people like to look at the anti part and disregard the pro part....

Quote:
Well yeah, [hate --> character/series] and [hate --> fans] are supposed to be mutually exclusive, but the human psyche works in fabulous ways.
Old 2010-08-07, 13:51   Link #3457
wontaek

I am very sorry to bother you all, but I have received an request for testimonial concerning Vietnam voters and Best Moe Tournament.

http://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%9C%...A8%BC%ED%8A%B8

Specifically, they are asking for any verifiable or public testimony concerning Vietnam Negima Supporters of 2007 Best Moe Tournament. If you have any recollection about them, please write them here or post it in a place where general public can view them and tell me where to find them. Since they are also the people behind Sakurazaki Setsuna's 2008 Topaz win, any recollection about it would also help. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by wontaek; 2010-08-07 at 22:37. Reason: Sorry, It was 2008, not 2007
Old 2010-08-07, 14:18   Link #3458
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to Crisu
Setsuna's win was for ISML 2008; there wasn't an ISML in 2007. Would that change anything?

I didn't join ISML until after Topaz 2008, I believe, and even then I only did statistics. Only Minty did the votechecking at the time as far as I recall, so he would have the voter information regarding those rounds.

I recall stumbling across a Vietnamese forum with KholdStare which had a decently sized ISML section, but that was eariler this year in 2010; I'm not sure if they were around as far back as 2007 or 2008.
Old 2010-08-07, 14:55   Link #3459
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I remember that first year there being a strong Negima presence for about a few rounds and then it just disappeared
Old 2010-08-07, 15:02   Link #3460
imbehindyou
turn around...

Well yea, I posted what I remember about Vietnam Negima supporters in BMT forum.

I kinda started voting in late Aqua/early Topaz. I saw Tomoyo beat Yuki and I got mad. real mad.

Well, I loved Topaz result so much (b/c Kotomi beat Tomoyo who beat Yuki!) so that I didn't even mind Negima characters pwning everyone. It was kinda sad by the end b/c all the Negima support left and only Evangeline was good enough to come back in 2009.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, moe, saimoe, tournament, voting