AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-12-01, 13:29   Link #1
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Favourite anime OP and ED of 2009

The end of year is approaching, and many of us gonna be busy with exams/works/ Christmas preparation/ vacations (depend where on Earth and which society you are sitting on). Anyway....... in short: let have a thread to list out your favourite OP and ED for 2009 (and have some civilized discussion) before we all get busy with more "real-life" stuffs. It's a good chance for some of us to start revising how many dozens of anime we watched this year as well (yes, i'm talking about you!!).

The rule is pretty simple:
List three of your favourite OP and three of your favourite ED, of series that either started or ended in 2009. Also please list all different OP or ED (OP2, OP3 and so on) of a same anime into one if they are all in your top list

No other restriction at all, but i recommend everyone to take the song, the animation, and their role within the anime into account (i plan to say lyrics as well but most of us and many singers don't understand what the heck are they singing anyway). It's also one of the reason why i keep this thread in general anime instead of music. A youtube link would also be recommended (we all want something for Christmas from our beloved anime community, right?)
I will post mine later (probably tomorrow), everyone just go ahead. Also I will list out the OP and ED with 10 or 20+ picks later if i am bored enough
Old 2009-12-01, 14:37   Link #2
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I will first start with Openings and maybe come back to endings at another time.

1. Spice and Wolf II - It is the song that makes this opening so great for me. At this point I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said that it has become one of my favorite songs of all time. I usually don't have anime songs categorized as being one of my all time favorites, but this song just had me indulged from the first note. Now as for the animation, it isn't the greatest, but I've never been picky about Spice and Wolf's animation and I've still found it to be very charming in it's own way.

The opening has some great imagery and I found it very enticing. This OP, dare I say it, has the best finish to any opening I've seen. That part with them holding hands with the snow falling all around them. Something about that just gives me shivers everytime I watch it. The music at that moment fits perfectly and really elevates that scene, and the colors an imagery compliment so well. Alright I've gone long enough on this, onto the next OP.

2. Bakemonogatari - This OP is just too unique not to ignore. The whole staple concept was great and the song just made it so much better. It is one of those openings that i don't mind watching over and over again. Not much else to say, great song, great animation, interesting concept, and all around enjoyable OP.

3. K-on - I had trouble picking a third one because I honestly didn't watch enough shows to notice anything else I truly liked. Now I didn't watch the entire series of K-on, but the OP stuck with me, with it's jumpy beat andslice of life imagery. The OP gave me a nostalgic feeling of when I was young, granted I'm not old, but the playful nature of the OP made me think of my younger years.

Old 2009-12-01, 17:10   Link #3
Echoes

I'll start with some openings as well, only because those tend to stay fresh in my mind longer.

Top 3 in no particular order.

1: Bakemonogatari 4th opening: Renai Circulation.

What can I say about this one? It's a pure joy to both watch and listen to. Its visual appeal is very unique, and well, it's cute beyond words. At the risk of sounding creepy; I could listen to this all day.

2:
Uminemo no Naku Koro ni 1st opening: Katayoku no Tori.

I love this opening. Sets the mood for the series perfectly, and the visuals go right along with that atmosphere.

3: Spice and Wolf 2 Opening. This one's a real toss-up. There are a lot of openings I would like to put here, but Spice and Wolf is just too genuinely classy and charming not to make the list. However.... since GuidoHunter_Toki already did us the favor of posting that opening; I'll post the next one in line.

Sora no Manimani Opening: Super Noisy Nova. Full of charm and energy, just like the series itself. I adore everything about this opening, especially the last ten seconds or so. It fills me with nostalgia and all sorts of cuddly emotions.

Very honorable mentions for openings include Pandora Hearts, Asura Cryin', K-On, Tears to Tiara, Guin Saga and anything from Bakemonogatari.

I haven't had time to watch any of the series from the fall season yet, so I unfortunately wasn't able to include any of the openings from that period. Regardless, a lot of great openings this year; we have much to be thankful for.

I'll be back with endings at another time.
Old 2009-12-01, 17:35   Link #4
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
OP:

1) School Days (Shugo Chara!! Doki)
2) Katayoku no Tori (Umineko)
3) Omakase Guardian (Shugo Chara!! Doki)
3) Only My Railgun (Railgun)
5) Cagayake! GIRLS (K-ON!)

ED:

1) Netsuretsu Kangei Wonderland (Saki)
2) Shikakui Uchuu de Matteru yo (Saki)
3) Honjitsu, Mankai Watashi iro! (Hayate no Gotoku!!)
4) Miracle Happy Day (The Sacred Blacksmith)
5) Tomare! (Haruhi S2)
6) Dear My Friend -Mada Minu Mirai he- (Railgun)
7) Kanpeki gu ~ no ne (Fairy Tail)
8) ko no mi chi (Shugo Chara!! Doki)
9) Take It Easy! (Shugo Chara!! Doki)
10) My Answer (Naruto Shippuuden)

Last edited by KholdStare; 2009-12-02 at 02:02.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:50   Link #5
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
In no particular order...

Openings
Oasis - Falling Down - Higashi no Eden
fripside - Only My Railgun - To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Aya Hirano - Super Driver - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2
Omokage Lucky Hole - Atashi dake ni kakete - Natsu no Arashi!
Abingdon Boys School - JAP - Sengoku Basara

Endings
CooRie - Hoshikuzu no Surround - Sora no Manimani
SUPERCELL - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - Bakemonogatari
Yoko Hikasa with Aki Toyosaki, Satomi Satou and Minako Kotobuki - Don't Say "Lazy" - K-ON!
Shizuka Itou - Honjitsu, Mankai Watashi iro! - Hayate no Gotoku!!
Old 2009-12-01, 18:47   Link #6
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

OP: Canaan, Umineko (first one, I guess, I don't think I have even seen the second one), Phantom Requiem (the first one)

ED: no vote

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 19:12   Link #7
Oppius
Banned

Kampfer OP and ED. The only reason why I watched that show.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 20:38   Link #8
Abyssinian

Opening: Naruto Shippuuden (the current one)

Ending: K-ON
Old 2009-12-01, 21:04   Link #9
patnam

Opening:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Queen's Blade 2nd Season
Phantom Requiem (1st OP)
Sengoku Basara
Kimi ni Todoke

Ending:
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
K-ON!
White Album (2nd ED)
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:15   Link #10
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hah, I am quite a big fan of OP/EDs. But for this year...
OP
1.) Clannad After Story-- Toki wo Kizamu Uta (technically 2008 but ended in 2009)
The song is very strong and heartfelt, and the scenes looked amazing. Hell, I'd just watch the series to watch the camera pan around Kyou again. The montage at the end just suits the series well.

2.) Umineko-- Katayoku no Tori
This song definitely has the "oh shit, who's gonna get killed horribly next?" The dramatic pointing at the end always gets to me. Just plain epic.
(already posted above)

3.) Shana S-- Prophecy
Hmm, not much to say here. But it's a Shana opening. How can it be bad? The catchy music in the previews already got me excited about the show.

Honorable mention goes to Railgun's "Only my Railgun"

ED
1.) Higurashi Rei-- Manazashi
Calm and peaceful; it almost sounds like a continuation of Higurashi Kai's ending song Taishou.a except more upbeat. It suits the mood and the associated scenes in the ED very well. It might be my favorite ed song of all time.

2.) K-On-- Don't Say Lazy Didn't care much for the show, but damn this song is amazing.

3.) Uhh... drawing a blank here. I guess Umineko-- La Divina Tragedia but it's quite below the other 2 and there just weren't that many memorable ones.

The song sounds insane and chaotic, which summarizes the series quite well. I absolutely love the part when it goes "next episode"
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2009-12-02 at 00:29.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 22:53   Link #11
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
OP:
1/2. Staple Stable OP 1, and Ambivalent World OP 3 - respect characters' seiyuus - Bakeomonogatari, though other 2 were really good too, all 4 had good animation for the song, and fitting for their arcs I liked these two the most. Staple Stable already has a link so here is Ambivalent World:

3. Silky Heart - Yui Horie - Toradora OP 2:

ED:
1. Don't Say Lazy - I think the 5 main girls all played it right? - K-ON was already linked to, so no need for me to.

2. Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - SUPERCELL - Bakeomonogatari, episode 13 ver. specifically for the animation, and relevance:

3. Sky Chord - Shion Tsuji - Bleach Ending 18, note this one is bit spoiler-ish if you haven't watched that far in bleach:

Others felt worth mentioning but not top 3 for it other 2 OPing for bakemonogatari, Haruhi Suzumiya OP/ED 2 Super Drive/Tomare, Nyan Koi OP Nyanderful, Needless ED 1 Aggressive Zone, K-ON OP, and Toradora's others OP/EDs.

Last edited by Konakaga; 2009-12-05 at 01:20.
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 00:44   Link #12
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

I have just realised that's three is just not enough, and i'm currently struggling with that number. But have to agree that there seems to be more good OP than ED in this year of 2009 through.
My OP list will be:

OP
1/ Bakemonogatari 2nd OP (Kaeri Michi) then 4th OP (Renai Circulation):
- 1st place for having two of my favourite OP of the year. The 4th OP is probably the cutest anime OP i have ever seen. The song and the animation fit perfectly, then the surge of the green hair girl's avatar in AS showed how popular it is. But 2nd OP still take the top spot in this case. Little Mayoi's energetic and lively journey seems to be a fun OP to watch, until you finish the arc, and realise how tragic that OP turn to be

2/ Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP2 (Apple Picking Beam) (ep 4)
- if i have just listened only the first 60 seconds, i will call myself crazy, picking this OP to be my favourite. The song sounds absolutely terrible and the animation is as crazy as it can get. But let myself finish the last 30 seconds, and it's here in the 2nd place of my favourite list. It's addictive.... and before i knows it, my "once more time" turned to be the 15th
PS: doesn't this OP make you wondering about how something so deadly can be so moe?

3/Umineko no Naku Koro ni - (Katayoku no Tori)
- the Italian(?) mix with Japanese song sounds so epic that it's the best thing about Umineko for the first few episodes (previous to ep 4).

Others: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OP (Super-scription of Data) and Darker Than Black 2 (Tsukiakari no Michishirube)
-Higurashi Rei fit the series so much that i can argue about how it contribute into the moods of the series more than the series itself. While Tsukiakari no Michishirube of DtB 2 just simply fit the whole theme
Spoiler for Space for youtube link of OPs:

Will mention ED later

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-12-02 at 01:06.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 01:19   Link #13
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

SUPERCELL - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - Bakemonogatari
Yoko Hikasa with Aki Toyosaki, Satomi Satou and Minako Kotobuki - Don't Say "Lazy" - K-ON!
fripside - Only My Railgun - To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 04:02   Link #14
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

OP:

1) Osaki ni S'il Vous Plait (GA - Geijutsuka Art Design Class)
2) Renai Circulation (Bakemonogatari OP4)
3) Omakase Guardians (Shugo Chara Doki)

---
(mentions)

4) only my railgun (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)
5) Ring My Bell (Sora no Otoshimono)

ED:

1) Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari (Bakemonogatari)
2) Koikogarete Mita Yume (Cross Game ED1)
3) Zettai Colorful Sengen (Minami-ke Okaeri)

---
(mentions)

4) Honjitsu, Mankai Watashi iro! (Hayate no Gotoku!!)
5) Dear My Friend -Mada Minu Mirai he- (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)
Old 2009-12-02, 04:40   Link #15
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
3.) Shana S-- Prophecy
Hmm, not much to say here. But it's a Shana opening. How can it be bad? The catchy music in the previews already got me excited about the show.
That's a great one; hadn't seen that yet. Shana's never had bad opening before, and this one sure didn't disappoint. Shana looks absolutely gorgeous here too, so that's definitely a plus. I had somehow almost forgotten how cute she was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
2/ Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP2 (Apple Picking Beam) (ep 4)
- if i have just listened only the first 60 seconds, i will call myself crazy, picking this OP to be my favourite.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei always produces quality ending and openings. They're so unique, and almost always extremely catchy. The ending of Zan was certainly no exception; I love it, but it doesn't quite make my top three. It's a close call, though.

Top 3 endings, again in no particular order.

1: K-On. "Don't say "Lazy." How could I not put this on here? It's catchy, pumped full of pure energy and deserves all the hype and then some. The visuals are stunning, they make the existence of hordes of Mio-lovers very understandable, and the rest of the cast look mesmerizing as well. All around awesome.

Already posted (as is the next), so I'll refrain from cluttering up the thread.

2: Bakemonogatari. "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari." Bakemonogatari is just amazing. The series would put King Midas to shame; everything it touches turns to sheer brilliance instantaneously. This song is one of the most beautiful I've heard all year, it's truly a work of art.

3: Guin Saga. "This is my road." Latin, English and Japanese? Sign me up. An enchanting and mesmerizing song; a perfect way to end an episode of an epic fantasy tale.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
3) Zettai Colorful Sengen (Minami-ke Okaeri)
Oh shoot, Okaeri was 09?

Big honorable mention for Zettai Colorful Sengen then!
Old 2009-12-02, 04:50   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In no particular order, and only those that started airing in 2009:

OPs:

Higashi no Eden
Cross Game
Aoi Hana
Umineko no Naku Koro ni

EDs:

K-On!
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Kimi ni Todoke
Cross Game (second ED the title which escapes me right now...)

And that's about it right now. I usually don't tend to follow the OPs and EDs all that much.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 06:26   Link #17
Azuma Denton
~AD~

OP
Long Shot Party - Ano Hi Time Machine (Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou)
Oasis - Falling Down (Higashi no Eden)
Tribal Chair - 909 (Souten Kouro)
Granrodeo - Modern Strange Cowboy (NEEDLESS)
Ootsuki Kenji with Zetsubou Girls - Ringo Mogire Beam (Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)
fripSide - Only my Railgun (To Aru Kagayaku no Railgun)
stereopony - Tsukiakari no Michishirube (Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini)

ED
Savage Genius feat Oomi Tomoe - Maze (Pandora Hearts)
Hisaka Youko - Don't Say Lazy (K-ON)
Ayaka - Koikogarete Mita Yume (Cross Game)
Supercell - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari (Bakemonogatari)
Abingdon Boys School - From Dusk till Dawn (Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini)
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 07:06   Link #18
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Top 3 endings, again in no particular order.

1: K-On. "Don't say "Lazy." How could I not put this on here? It's catchy, pumped full of pure energy and deserves all the hype and then some. The visuals are stunning, they make the existence of hordes of Mio-lovers very understandable, and the rest of the cast look mesmerizing as well. All around awesome.

Already posted (as is the next), so I'll refrain from cluttering up the thread.

2: Bakemonogatari. "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari." Bakemonogatari is just amazing. The series would put King Midas to shame; everything it touches turns to sheer brilliance instantaneously. This song is one of the most beautiful I've heard all year, it's truly a work of art.

3: Guin Saga. "This is my road." Latin, English and Japanese? Sign me up. An enchanting and mesmerizing song; a perfect way to end an episode of an epic fantasy tale.
Great mind think alike eh. We got similar 2 out of 3 for both favourite OP and ED(the other two, i haven't watched it yet, but like the Guin Saga ED very much through)

ED
1/ K-On (Don't say "Lazy")
The ED contribute like 50% to Mio's moe level and raise K-on musical expectation so high that even KyoAni with all their skills can't catch up in the actual series. It's simply just brilliant.

2/ Bakemonogatari (Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari)
It's epic. It's the forecast of the ultimate tsundra dere side from Senjougahara Hitagi and i knows we all love it ^^

3/ Ride Back (Kioku)
The main reason that i liked Rin Otaga and this series was due to this ED. Artistic and simply beautiful
Spoiler for Youtube links:
Old 2009-12-02, 08:00   Link #19
Razziell22

OP:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni~OP4- Katayoku no Tori
Spoiler for Katayoku no Tori:

Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom~OP1- Karma
Spoiler for Karma:

Higashi no Eden- Falling Down
Spoiler for Falling Down:

ED:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni- La Divina Tragedia
Spoiler for La Divina Tragedia:

Cross Game~ Koi Kogarete Mita Yume
Spoiler for Koi Kogarete Mita Yume:

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ ED2 - Transparent
Spoiler for Transparent:

Others:

Spice and Wolf 2~ OP- Mitsu no Yoake
Darker Than Black 2 ~OP- Tsukiakari no Michishirube
Spoiler for Tsukiakari no Michishirube:

Hanasakeru seishounen ~ED- One
Spoiler for One:

Guin Saga~ ED -This Is My Road
Bakeomonogatari~ ED- Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari

Last edited by Razziell22; 2010-11-29 at 21:00.
Razziell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 11:44   Link #20
Nosauz

Bakemonogatari: Renai Circulation (Nadeko's OP) It's just soooooo moe, I think I have a tooth ache. Why can't Nadeko have green hair.... GAAAAAAH!!!!! This is one damn thing that continues to make me cry... she's so moe with her green hair... Fu a fu a fu aru.
Cross Game OP: Summer Rain Holy shit this song fits perfectly with the animation

Asura Cryin' 2: ED is pretty awesome, although the animation is rough and could have been done better it's still great.
Cross Game ED2: Orange Days, is just awesome, it plays up the whole series, and of the cross game ED's I would say Koi Kagarate is a close second, but it is a bit over used in the show, still always makes me wanna cry. Wakaba+Koi Kagarate=Insta cry.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote