AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-02, 18:26   Link #41
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
By the way, since the Buster Call VAs didn't get taken out by Whitebeard's shockwave, I hope this means we get to see more of their abilities. We already know that Onigumo is a spider Zoan, but I'm really interested in finding out if guys like Doberman and Momonga have DF powers, as well. I'm also hoping we get to see more of Tsuru's laundry DF, too.



*Sigh*, Buggy's still not defrosted yet.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 19:12   Link #42
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, since the Buster Call VAs didn't get taken out by Whitebeard's shockwave, I hope this means we get to see more of their abilities. We already know that Onigumo is a spider Zoan, but I'm really interested in finding out if guys like Doberman and Momonga have DF powers, as well. I'm also hoping we get to see more of Tsuru's laundry DF, too.



*Sigh*, Buggy's still not defrosted yet.....
Thank God Buggy isn't defrosted. I don't Buggy getting some major bounty because of some misunderstanding. Yeah sure he's funny and stuff at times but if Oda does make Buggy some almighty thing after this.....sad to say I would definitely lose some respect for him.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 19:29   Link #43
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Bah, being frozen won't stop Buggy from becoming a Pirate God by the time this series ends. BELIEVE IT!


Y'know, even though that one spoiler summary was fake, I'm wondering if Luffy WILL ultimately face Garp in this war. I know that he's been put through a good few impossible matchups already, but I guess it would make the most sense for Luffy's granddad to be the final obstacle between himself and Ace. I was kinda opposed to the idea before, but considering the situation now, I think it's quite a possibility......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 21:35   Link #44
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
It seems there is no one among the marine ranks that can match Sengoku and Garp. Until now we haven't seen a lot from Garp to emphasize his strength. Hopefully we will get to see up close why he was respected by all the high-level guys.
And the mystery box known as Sengoku will be opened as well.

In any case, Whitebeard's preparation was extremely well thought, to bring that ship from under the sea was a great move combined with Oar's strength.
And at this point, with everyone in the arena, it does not make much difference whether Ace is captured or not, though I don't mind him being freed and put in a position to fight his grandpa together with Luffy in the next chapter...And then Sengoku can face Whitebeard with the 3 other admirals...
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 22:20   Link #45
SMASHERJACKSON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
anyone else wondering what happened to mags in all of this?
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 23:02   Link #46
game2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
This chapter proves Akainu is Logia. End of argument.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 23:58   Link #47
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I'm not underestimating the shichibukai. I'm just stating what I think the strength of an admiral is. If they are so called the strongest attack force of the the whole marine. And they are just 3. And also knowing that their level are legendary or near legendary. Seeing rayleigh and kizaru's battle a little. Do you think a single shichibukai can be near a legendary level?
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 00:02   Link #48
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Maybe Mihawk...but does it really matter? I doubt we will see any Shichibukai fight an Admiral anytime soon (no, not even Crocodile or Jinbei, nor Blackbeard), so it is kind of a non-discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By the way, since the Buster Call VAs didn't get taken out by Whitebeard's shockwave, I hope this means we get to see more of their abilities. We already know that Onigumo is a spider Zoan, but I'm really interested in finding out if guys like Doberman and Momonga have DF powers, as well. I'm also hoping we get to see more of Tsuru's laundry DF, too.
Agreed. I'm salivating for some panels of other non-Whitebeard centric fights (I guess technically everything is centered on Whitebeard...). Show me what Komir is doing; give me some more Tsuru; I could stand to see what Yamakaji is up to; even Strawberry would be a welcome addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
*Sigh*, Buggy's still not defrosted yet.....
I feel your pain. Buggy still needs to perform at least one more stupid deed in this arc that will be seen by the world as a supremely powerful move, but in fact will be caused by him accidentally sneezing or accidentally lighting fire to something. Go, Buggy-taicho!
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 01:06   Link #49
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I feel your pain. Buggy still needs to perform at least one more stupid deed in this arc that will be seen by the world as a supremely powerful move, but in fact will be caused by him accidentally sneezing or accidentally lighting fire to something. Go, Buggy-taicho!
This is what I'm waiting on, he does something completely by accident and it brings about the biggest increase of a bounty ever known and places him on the big stage
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 01:53   Link #50
Lightmgl
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Finding it interesting that this is now the second time (albeit in only a week) that we've seen Sengoku and Garp pairing up in combat. I'm hoping there is an actual reason for this based on their powers and not that they just enjoy fighting together.

It'd make perfect sense if Sengoku's powers complemented Garp's super strength by creating stuff for him to throw or even perhaps by Garp throwing Sengoku for one reason or another.
Lightmgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 04:44   Link #51
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Even More Edit: Okay, so apparently, the second spoiler summary (the one with Jozu breaking the siege wall, Crocoboy giving the justice speech, Garp talking about retirement and his and Sengoku's matchups) turned out to be fake. So I have to further edit the summary now.....
Those parts definatly came off as not the work of Oda.

Crocodile hates Whitebeard so having Crocodile give a big justice speech seemed off. Crocodile is no one's ally in this war.

Though the thing that was most off was Garp retiring, Garp is a firm believer in the safety that the marines bring to the people To have Garp abandon the people in their greatest time of need completely goes against everything Garp has done. If Garp hated the corruption in the marines enough to quit he would have done so decades ago.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 04:52   Link #52
JokerD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
And as usual for Luffy in this arc, he does a whole lot of... nothing
Unless you count distracting the admirals as something good, he really needs to learn Boa's trick of hitting Logia fruit users before he can become useful

The way Sengoku rolls up his sleeves me think that his power is similar to Garps, as in super power muscles or something like that. A double rain of cannon ball meteor shower anyone?

Anyone notice that the 'old guard' from Roger's time seem to be super muscle guys? WB, Garp , Rayleigh to a certain extent, but these are legends I guess.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 05:55   Link #53
Tenryuken
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In My Own World.
Age: 28
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Maybe Mihawk...
Nope, he can't touch them.
Even people like Croc or Buggy(if he use his brain) can kick Mihawk's arse.

Quote:
Show me what Komir is doing
He's drinking some bitter coffee, hahaha.
Seriously, I think Komir may be doing something in Ace favor during this war.

Quote:
I feel your pain. Buggy still needs to perform at least one more stupid deed in this arc that will be seen by the world as a supremely powerful move, but in fact will be caused by him accidentally sneezing or accidentally lighting fire to something. Go, Buggy-taicho!
Guerilla TV needs to get back on-line so that the world can see what's going on.
__________________
Tenryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 06:41   Link #54
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I dont really see Buggy taking down Mihawk, even if he were extremely smart. Admittedly Buggy has a DF that makes him near invincible (I guess you can still stab his eyes or something) but I still believe he is far from the level of any shichibukai.

As for the chapter, Oars throwing the new Moby Dick through the wall was so.goddamn.epic And Im still in awe from WB wiping a ton of marines with one slash.

By the way, CHAIN CHOMPS GUY IS THERE, I LOVE THIS GUY. He is standing right to Vista, I hope he gets a few more panels.

Oh and Robin with glasses looks pretty hot on the first coloured page.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 08:06   Link #55
Tenryuken
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In My Own World.
Age: 28
Cool

I was wondering, the Pirates didn't have any foothold and were swimming until they reached the plaza on the Black Moby Dick, so where was WB?
Can he fly or something cuz the Ice melted but he didn't sink to the bottom of the sea.
He was on the otherside of the Siege Wall until Black Moby Dick rised up.
So what did he do to stay above the Water? Can he fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I guess you can still stab his eyes or something.
I am pretty sure he can split his eyes.
Luufy and Jozu, there eyes must be in Diamond and Rubber.
__________________
Tenryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 08:40   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Nope, he can't touch them.
Even people like Croc or Buggy(if he use his brain) can kick Mihawk's arse.
How do you know Mihawk can't touch the admirals? We have no confirmation on what his limits are. However, apparently it was stated in one of the databooks that he can cut the elements, so that is something important to note.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 08:52   Link #57
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Man, this chapter is just Epic. I loove the end with WB shouting " Men rescue Ace !! Destroy the Marine !!! " and Sengoku who said to Garp that's time to go
__________________
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 09:09   Link #58
Tenryuken
Pirate God
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In My Own World.
Age: 28
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
How do you know Mihawk can't touch the admirals? We have no confirmation on what his limits are. However, apparently it was stated in one of the databooks that he can cut the elements, so that is something important to note.
He will cut the Admirals just like he cut Buggy, it didn't hurt Buggy did it?
The Admirals will reform them selves just like Buggy did.
Of course Mihawk can cut elements, wich swordsman can't?
What Oda ment was that Mihawk can cut any element(eventrough he couldn't even scratch Diamond) but in wich way is it relevent to Logia users?
Even a 3 year old kid can cut Light or Sand, that doesn't mean that this kid can hurt Kizaru or Croc.
They will just reform, that's it.
Mihawk can't bypass Logia Intangibility.
__________________
Tenryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 10:48   Link #59
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Mihawk can't bypass Logia Intangibility.
While I disagree with the generally accepted maxim everyone has that Mihawk is unconditionally the most powerful of the Shichibukai, I think he can probably bypass Logia Intangibility. It seems like anybody who's anybody can use Haki and do so...... I doubt he'd be a big deal if he couldn't hurt anyone he wants, Logias included. It's my guess that most people who've seen/been to the New World know how to fight Logias, since there's no way around having to do so at some point in time.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 10:56   Link #60
trafalgarcito
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
He will cut the Admirals just like he cut Buggy, it didn't hurt Buggy did it?
The Admirals will reform them selves just like Buggy did.
Of course Mihawk can cut elements, wich swordsman can't?
What Oda ment was that Mihawk can cut any element(eventrough he couldn't even scratch Diamond) but in wich way is it relevent to Logia users?
Even a 3 year old kid can cut Light or Sand, that doesn't mean that this kid can hurt Kizaru or Croc.
They will just reform, that's it.
Mihawk can't bypass Logia Intangibility.
(OFFTOPIC but replying to your post)

so, does this mean that mihawk doesnt have haki because he could not bypass buggys DF???? because i think buggys df is the NATURAL opposite of everyting blade-based.....it would require a really huge ambition to force buggy not to be a chop chop man if a blade in involved..........maybe thats paramecia's biggest strenght compared to logia, minimum haki solidifies any logia, but if you want to hit luffy with a blunt attack, even the biggest haki would have trouble because that inmunity is gomu gomus very essecence...
trafalgarcito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.