AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 49 49.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 24.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-06, 22:12   Link #121
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

AHHHH!

I don't know what to think now. What happened 8 years anyway? Was it anything remotely related to contractors and the gates? It could have nothing to do at all.

AHHHH!

That ended earned this episode an instant 10/10.
Old 2009-12-06, 22:22   Link #122
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I'm more curious about what's up with Hei, since Amber seemed to be worried about him in the message she sent to Kirihara.

And since Amber popped up in this season, I honestly would not be surprised if Pai showed up as well. I'm guessing that when Hei lost his powers, Pai's conscience went into Suou's necklace (hence why Suou loses control of herself and doesn't have a blue glow when she uses her power), and when Hei finds out about this, he's going to go crazy. Crazy!
Old 2009-12-06, 22:45   Link #123
Kuroshinobu

I wonder how many years Amber actually peered into the future, wouldn't it be annoyingly confusing to look into so many different outcomes?
Old 2009-12-06, 22:49   Link #124
Aryu
Rest... yet not

Pretty good episode even Kiko and Gai did something for plot.

I love to watch how Gai suffers. Mao staring him down, he still couldn't forget that he was put in cage. And if i remember correctly, Gai even wondered about throwing Mao into the river.

WoW and i didn't wait Amber to appear, it was bit creapy, and message waht she left to Misaki "At the end of that path, Hei will..."die ?
As for Izanami/Izanagi thing, it seems Shion is planning evil mass destruction or at least nothin good for mankind.
"From the Gate will come forth one, a being unknown" I wonder what the forth one means?
Genma and Hazuki got some character development. I hope they won't be killed in next episode. No one died in this episode that means more death in next episodes.
Is Hazuki's family behind section 3 ?

Madam Oreille is mystery, she appears from nowhere and disappears in next moment. She knows too much. Me thinks she is ploting not good thing. I only hope it won't be connected with killing all contractor, as was said in other thread.

Spoiler for Hover car:
Old 2009-12-06, 23:33   Link #125
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryu View Post
"From the Gate will come forth one, a being unknown" I wonder what the forth one means?
The phrase "come forth" is an old English phrase that basically means to come forward (literal interpretation) or to become known (metaphorical interpretation). The best way to think of the phrase "From the Gate will come forth one, a being unknown" would be "someone that no one knows about will come from the Gate."

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
Old 2009-12-07, 00:08   Link #126
Aryu
Rest... yet not

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The phrase "come forth" is an old English phrase that basically means to come forward (literal interpretation) or to become known (metaphorical interpretation). The best way to think of the phrase "From the Gate will come forth one, a being unknown" would be "someone that no one knows about will come from the Gate."
Thanks for explaining for me this. Cookies for you
What Izanagi and Izanami will summon or create, me wonder
Old 2009-12-07, 16:28   Link #127
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Gozer the Destructor
Old 2009-12-07, 21:46   Link #128
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Gozer the Destructor
No....Yin and Suou merge to form a contractor killing loli contractor with a massive Hei crush. First up, the newborn Suou finds all traces of Amber and kills her off for causing so much trouble.

If it wasn't for that Mitaka document, would people really be going after Yin and Suou?
Old 2009-12-07, 22:08   Link #129
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Decided to give this episode a Perfect 10.
Why you ask? 5 Reasons:
1. Hei decided to shave and because he did he was able to infiltrate the airport and kidnap that person from section 3

2. when misaki saw him she creamed her pants

3. he started to use his awsome knives again and showed section three that even though he doesnt have his powers he is no push over and he can still destroy transformer contractor and Yakuza contractor.

4. Heavy plot development with Suou.

5. Hover cars really do exist in the future.

cant wait for the next ep.
Old 2009-12-08, 14:55   Link #130
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I had totally forgotten Amber's ability to see into the future. How far did she see and what exactly did she see? the plot thinkins.

Some heavy drama with Suou. I was happy when she actually got a chance to see her mom. But when she made a mistake the name i knew something was up and sure enough her mom says 8 years Suou died. That look in her eye was scary all i could think was what the hell is going on.

It was nice to see Hei get back to using those bad ass daggers, you dont always need powers to take out a contractor just good planning she got completely owned by Hei. I am pretty sure misaki thought she was going to die when she saw Hei
Old 2009-12-09, 04:08   Link #131
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Don't forget Hei was pwning contractors long before he gained his powers. Thats what makes him such a bad ass.

pretty funning see Mao staring at Gai

totally loving the OST for this series, just rocks!!
Old 2009-12-09, 13:07   Link #132
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
No....Yin and Suou merge to form a contractor killing loli contractor with a massive Hei crush. First up, the newborn Suou finds all traces of Amber and kills her off for causing so much trouble.

If it wasn't for that Mitaka document, would people really be going after Yin and Suou?
Shion, perhaps not so much. He were not famous without the documents. But Yin had been sticking with the Black Reaper, and supposedly caused a mysterious massacre in the two year time.

So, what is fake? Suou's last eight year memory (if she were made 2 year ago), or her last 2 year memory (she were made 8 year ago, and it's true that Shion gained his power that day), or Suou's memory that is fake?
Old 2009-12-09, 13:55   Link #133
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
...So, what is fake? Suou's last eight year memory (if she were made 2 year ago), or her last 2 year memory (she were made 8 year ago, and it's true that Shion gained his power that day), or Suou's memory that is fake?
I'm not sure they can implant fake memories. I think they can just reimplant memories from one person to another. So I'm going on the hypothesis that Suou's memories are real, but that they have been reimplanted from the original Suou into a new one created 7-8 years before. Or perhaps Suou was revived and her mother wasn't told. I can picture mother leaving father because he was involved in contractor research that killed Suou. Or maybe even Suou became a doll then -- not that I really think she's a doll, just speculating.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Old 2009-12-09, 20:35   Link #134
Joe_fh

Whatever the reason I think it was connected with the disappearance of the gate in South America which took place at the same time. Also Suou was born the same year the gates appeared and her father seems to have been involved with Pandora in some way. We also have the wierd red star and the "end has begun" part so I do think Suou is indeed very special and it's not simply a case of implanting her memories to a doll s1 style
Old 2009-12-11, 12:12   Link #135
orion

If any one still uses bittorent. FUNi sent a C&D to a streaming site for this ep.
Old 2009-12-11, 23:02   Link #136
ssfsx17

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
If any one still uses bittorent. FUNi sent a C&D to a streaming site for this ep.
Do you know if they do that for every single series that's popular to have its own board on AnimeSuki?
Old 2009-12-12, 00:07   Link #137
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssfsx17 View Post
Do you know if they do that for every single series that's popular to have its own board on AnimeSuki?
No just the titles that they eventually distribute in Region 1.
Old 2009-12-12, 01:50   Link #138
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
No just the titles that they eventually distribute in Region 1.
Or the titles that the Japanese companies have asked them to send C+Ds for on their behalf.
Old 2009-12-13, 03:11   Link #139
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Or the titles that the Japanese companies have asked them to send C+Ds for on their behalf.
And those become FUNi's region 1 releases. That "on the Japanese companies behalf" is a smokescreen for "the contract hasn't completely dried and we can't announce it yet" imo. FUNi has first pick of the Japanese releases most of the time now so if there is a FUNi C&D then they have the title imo.
Old 2009-12-13, 04:21   Link #140
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
And those become FUNi's region 1 releases. That "on the Japanese companies behalf" is a smokescreen for "the contract hasn't completely dried and we can't announce it yet" imo. FUNi has first pick of the Japanese releases most of the time now so if there is a FUNi C&D then they have the title imo.
Not true, FUNi sent C&Ds for Mushi-Uta but that is not licensed to them nor does it seem that it ever will be licensed.