AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 13 17.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 35.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 23.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 13.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-05, 03:08   Link #21
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I would have never guessed the stripper scientist was the one behind all this. That was quite a shock. So I'm guessing the scientist now have enormous esper power from utilizing the 'brain network' formed by the level upper? Next episode seems to have some Misaka action, so I'm looking forward to that.

And, what do you know, I do feel a bit sad for Saten's collapse after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Spoiler for Saten:
I lol'ed.
Old 2009-12-05, 05:55   Link #22
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
Wind control?? It'll be perfect for FLIPPING SKIRTS!!
kinda IRONIC, for a person who likes to lift her friend's skirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
so Shirai binds her breast? that's new..I'm pretty big on bound breast look, so I'm happy...
Spoiler for bound:
the title is kinda misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I lol'ed.
another IRONY is that Saten from NEEDLESS also has the ability to control wind & something bad has happened to him too, currently

speaking of Saten & NEEDLESS, there's also the term "Testament" in the To Aru series!?

btw, this ep also gave us a hint on the Biri-Biri Stormtrooper project?
the network between espers & stuff?
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 06:15   Link #23
Roardel

It’s pretty understandable why Saten used Level-Upper. Desire for power, desire to become like Mikoto or Kuroko. Year, nice episode, I think.

Also I was moved by Uiharu’s words to Saten. Not power, but Saten-san herself is worth to be Uiharu’s best friend.

Really want to see next episode.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 06:39   Link #24
Primary Consult

The things that made this episode:
-"Real Gekota!"
-The way Kuroko's phone slides out was freaking awesome, a rare example of near-futuristic tech that actually looks useful instead of just flashy
-Kuroko teleporting Uiharu on top of Mikoto upside down
-Kuroko ass kicking montage... With that much taunting and bragging from weaklings before every fight, no wonder she never waits for backup. Having to hear those same lines every time would drive anyone to look for the quickest way to shut them up.

I thought stripper lady was up to no good from her seemingly obvious "shifty-eyes" look in the opening, but the whole urban legend thing (combined with the bgm for her scenes) made me lose that suspicion. Really well done, I think.

After reading the discussions in the previous threads about whether the level upper is cheating, or if Mikoto / Uiharu were overlooking Saten's insecurity... it was funny seeing both of those things addressed.

And another +1 for Uiharu's flower mention.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 07:23   Link #25
tsunade666

just an average one........... to average for me. 8/10. 8 for the frog face showing up making mikoto's day the day to remember and kuroko teleporting uihara on biribiri's head.

Well the whole trust on your onesama for once is also good. Being my kouhai
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 07:52   Link #26
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

so i guess we have to nickname Touma's regular doctor Dr. Frog/ Frog Face or even better, Dr. Gekota?

why Misaka? why?
so i guess the doctor makes a GOOD actor for the live-action adaptation of Gekota
GYROZETTER
Old 2009-12-05, 08:11   Link #27
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, doctor Gekota certainly beats 'the doctor' 'that doctor' or 'the doc' that we've been calling him so far, now he at least has a name.
Old 2009-12-05, 09:34   Link #28
Joe_fh

Well I must say Saten got what was coming for her especially after the first scene that showed that she wanted an ability for the sake of having an ability which I must say is plain stupid if you consider all the pros and cons in the situation. Later while she was talking to Uiharu she again said it was all about the ability and she said nothing about helping people. I can't understand her reasoning at all. After all that I really started to dislike her character mainly because she doen't seem to care how her action will reflect on her friends and that's amlost like not caring about them at all.
It would be great now if one of her friends died to teach her a lesson. You talk with your friends first and think about everything and than you do the things you think you need to do. Of course that isn't going to happen since this is more of a comedy than a serious anime.
Uiharu on the other hand is a great character - that's what you'd call a friend.

After all the events in this episode I could honestly say I feel colser to and more concerned about Uiharu rather than Saten.

Well enough of that. We got one third of the plot development for the series so far in this one episode. Good or bad only time will tell since there's no way to know what they'll do with the series once they finish up with this case. After all we have the villain and all that's left is for Misaka to catch him (her in this case). I doubt that will take long. Either way I think they are really rushing the plot this last few episodes.

As for the villain - couldn't they really make her eyes a bit more normal. I mean it was quite obvious she had something to do with all this. If she wasn't in the OP I'd say it would have been much more of a surprise at least until episode 7.

We got to see Misaka "growing up" moment which was nice. There were also some nice funny moments here and there.
I believe the part where Kuroko didn't want Misaka to be worrried about her so she teleported Uiharu on BiriBiri's head could have been a bit better and more touching if you will but they decided to use more of a comedy approach. Well we did get that last scene to compansate for it.

From the preview I believe we could say "Bye bye Anti-skill "
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 09:57   Link #29
MartianMage

No pity for Saten from me. She knew for a fact that there's a side-effect in using the lvlupper but she still used it and for what? To gain a little bit of ability and she even dragged others into intentionally with the excuse of "I used it cause they wanted to use it too." =/
MartianMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 10:12   Link #30
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

makes me wonder why the Anti-Skills seems to lack a very powerful esper team in their units?
seriously? i blame them if they suck at their job for lacking such espers
hmmmmm....
GYROZETTER
Old 2009-12-05, 10:22   Link #31
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
makes me wonder why the Anti-Skills seems to lack a very powerful esper team in their units?
seriously? i blame them if they suck at their job for lacking such espers
hmmmmm....
Oh cut them some slack, the bulk of their forces are school teachers who are also Anti-Skill volunteers, and thus never went through the Power Curriculum Program extensively like the students. I'd reckon they might have a few school graduates or drop-outs who joined them, but I'd say those are far and between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
No pity for Saten from me. She knew for a fact that there's a side-effect in using the lvlupper but she still used it and for what? To gain a little bit of ability and she even dragged others into intentionally with the excuse of "I used it cause they wanted to use it too." =/
First thing: She left her home and lived in a shut-in city in hopes of attaining those "amazing ESP abilities", and found out to her great disappointment that she had no potential. That when she was pretty young. What a way for a young girl's dreams to be crushed.

Second: With the disappointment of being a "worthless" Level 0, she sucks it up and continues studying in a city that has people with powers running all over. How would anyone else feel if others had want they want but it's something that they'll never be able to attain? That's like rubbing their wounds with salt and slashing it even deeper.

True, what Ruiko did was undeniably selfish, but when you've got nothing and a scary option was offered, you can't choose. You're scared, and you'd want someone to hold your hand, and let their company give you strength.

Desperate? Yes. Despairing? Probably. Selfish? YES. Undeniably human? Definitely.

[Edit]
P.S: I think my credibility just went down a few notches with Ruiko in my avvy. A Saten fan defending her? Yea, sure, they believe me... >.>
Old 2009-12-05, 10:34   Link #32
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I found the scene between Saten & Uiharu very touching which cause a TearJerker moment for me.

To be fair to Saten, while she did heard from Kuroko that there were side effects of using Level Upper, she didn't know those side effects were falling into a coma. At least she admits it's her fault for trying it in the first place.

I love the serious moments Mikoto had with Kuroko about the current situation without Kuroko acting perverted.
Old 2009-12-05, 11:37   Link #33
MaxMaximilianMaximus

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxMaximilianMaximus
Good episode. Can't wait for the next one.

I lol'd so hard at "outtel outside" on the computer.
MaxMaximilianMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 11:41   Link #34
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I love the serious moments Mikoto had with Kuroko about the current situation without Kuroko acting perverted.
For some reason she is a Judgment member =3=;

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 12:19   Link #35
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Truly an abomination worthy of The End of Days.

The people who ended up with "esis" for a power/field sure got shafted, huh. Odd place for a linebreak.

Yay for filler English.

Finally, someone says it. Too bad Uiharu isn't talking.

Saten deserves more sympathy. Anyway, this was a good episode. I enjoyed the interaction between Uiharu and Saten.

One small thing that bugged me was Kuroko(and crew) and Uiharu independently discovering the culprit at the same time, but that's a common enough plot device. Another is Saten and friends seeming to share the same power, as has already been mentioned. The last is just my leftover dissatisfaction at the overly-done foreshadowing from earlier (like the synesthesia scene from earlier).

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2009-12-05 at 12:35.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 12:38   Link #36
SnowSong

Another thing that bothered me is ... On the monitoring for unconscious Saten, the systolic blood pressure was 149 but the mean arterial pressure (MAP) was 179. Since MAP is calculated from (systolic +3*diastolic)/4, and diastolic pressure by definition is less than systolic, MAP has to be less than systolic. Also... 149? Saten-san, congratulation you might have hypertension! And respiration of 105 is surprising... normally, adult have 10-20/minute. Infants, who have extremely high respiration, have 30-60. 105... you would probably see her room swarming with people since it is a medical emergency.
[/rant]
SnowSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 13:37   Link #37
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I found the scene between Saten & Uiharu very touching which cause a TearJerker moment for me.

To be fair to Saten, while she did heard from Kuroko that there were side effects of using Level Upper, she didn't know those side effects were falling into a coma. At least she admits it's her fault for trying it in the first place.

This, this and this. I don't know how anyone can not feel sympathy for Saten-san. I totally felt sorry for her.
Old 2009-12-05, 14:54   Link #38
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

From this episode we can see that Kuroko wants to look her best in front of Biribiri. But I would have preferred her teleporting away the latter's clothes as punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Truly an abomination worthy of The End of Days.
I have to agree. Definitely.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 15:57   Link #39
king12354

What a beautiful friendship between Uiharu and Saten. It brought tears to my eyes.

Not...
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 20:12   Link #40
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This, this and this. I don't know how anyone can not feel sympathy for Saten-san. I totally felt sorry for her.
Meh, Joe addressed the clarification about Saten's dream, and I don't feel like using many of my own words about it this week after giving a far-more-than-adequate-and-lengthy explanation of my reasoning last week, so I'll just borrow Aroduc's wording again (note that my personal feelings aren't this harsh, though ):

"I’d have a lot more sympathy for Saten… or any sympathy at all… if she wasn’t such a little bitch. 'I wish I was stronger… I know, I’ll take a dangerous illegal experimental drug. Wait, no… that’s no good. I’ll have my friends take it with me! That’s much better!'"

She gave the Level Upper to her friends even after hearing that it had side effects. You don't just assume that these side effects won't be bad and ignore them, then pass it around. Not knowing the exact side effects doesn't exonerate you. That's pretty much criminal negligence, and it only makes me less sympathetic towards her.