AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 13 17.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 35.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 23.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 13.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-08, 16:11   Link #121
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There's nothing really here, i can argue with...
Haha I'm glad someone actually agrees with me on something here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Touma doesn't count. He's the freaking Messiah.
Indeed but his point of view is still valid and I believe other people in AC share his view (or not...who knows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
You haven't said anything new except that's she's stupid.
well if you say so....
And I din't just call her plain stupid but stupid enough. There's difference between the two but I don't think I should bother explaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I did not say something random that doesn't make sense. You compared it to being drugs. I said it's not, it's unique. You said that being unique makes it potentially more dangerous than if it were drugs. Nothing in this situation would make someone think that being its own substance creates an inherent danger, especially one greater than drugs.
Aaan here is where I said why being unique would make it potentionally more dangerous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I have covered your explanations. You stopped arguing to posts ago and have just been saying I'm too dumb to get your point or I'm spouting nonsense.
Yes I stopped because you said "That is where the logic disconnect is" and I replied I don't see a problem with that. But you never actually said why and where that happens you just listed the points we covered before that. And I never said you are too dumb nor did I imply that at any point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Sigh, if you aren't defended that it's criminal negligence, why are you still arguing this point? Ignorance does indeed not mean your actions are right. If you are ignorant of a law and break it, you are still breaking it. In this case, Saten did not break any laws. However, from her actions, she and her friends have gone into comas. I think there is nothing that would make a person think that a coma could result from using level uppers. You think there is. There's nothing further to argue on this point.
I'm not actuall arguing "this" point but what a reasonable person would expect in this situation and what kind of potential dangers are involved in this. I again never said a person woul expect a coma but a potential danger to health that is connected with the brain thus it can be really severe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
What question? We were talking about criminal negligence and that's NOT what that means. I also like how you add dangerous every time you use the word side effects.
I stopped talking about this 2 post ago and shifted the focus to the "reasonable person" one.
The question is the one of what a reasoble perosn migh expect in this situation.
And I like how every time you ignore the tamepring with the brain part just before that.

[QUOTE=Ansalem;2809614]
For the love of god, you say she deserves to be in a coma! How can you say that a girl Saten's age deserves that from what she did? Obviously she must be horrible to deserve that fate. You have called her stupid, ignorant, inconsiderate, dangerous, deserves no sympathy, and deserves to be in a coma. You can paint a picture without naming it.
I actually said the got what was coming for her and it happened to be a coma. Not my idea of the best consequence but what can you do?
I never said she was horrbile nor stupid in the sense you are implying. Also I called her selfish which you missed but you skipped the "for her actions" part of deserves no sypathy and added deserves to be in a coma which I never actually said (even if I said something very similar). And when I said her actions were ignorant I meant "lacking knowledge or information" about what she's doing.
Oh and lets not forget I said I sypathize with her character in general which you sort of skipped here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Does not compute. In fact, you're saying I'm saying the opposite of what I am saying. I do think Saten made a mistake. I don't think it was a good idea. I still don't really know what these obvious "dangers" you think she is ignoring, because you haven't shown any.
That was just an example really. It is the same with the thing you said earlier when I said I didn't mean it as such and you say I did.
I can't really help you "see" something you don't want. I'm sure you're well aware of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
But I do think that she's a young girl. We don't judge children as adults. She did not do something outrageous, she did something that is a very normal outcome for a young person in her situation. Her actions are understandable and sympathy is a natural reaction to a person in her current plight.
The way you put it sounds like you justify what she did and you see it as normal.
So again using something you know next to nothing about that tampers with your brain to give you super powers and alter god knows what else in your brain is very normal for a young person? Oh and she even shared it with her friends because that way if something goes wrong they'll all go down.
And if the 3 girls she gave it to ended up dead because of her actions you would still feel sympathy towars her and say it's normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
No, you said "she is a fictional character and I don't like to see fictional characters which in a sense promote acting like an idiot adn saying it's ok." How do those mean the same thing?
And when did I say they are the same thing again? Actually the second thing I said is a result of the first.
The "I never said that" part was in response to you saying "we should all learn our life lessons from anime, so it should portray all people as model citizens." which I really didn't say nor meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
No. It is not "obviously potentially dangerous and will hurt the people around her." If it were, she wouldn't have used it. Come on! Hearing something has side effects does not imply that! You make it sound like to gain powers, she deliberately set off a bomb while her friends are standing around it or something ridiculous to that extent.
Yes you made it quite clear that if some random person gives you something that alters your brain in some way you'll just use it and won't see any potential danger because the person said something very good will happen when you use it.
And the "hurt her friends" part here wasn't adressing the 3 girls she gave the LU to but towards Uiharu, Misaka, Kurko and her mother. I believe I don't need to tell you the reasons why they would be emotionally hurt especially her mother and Uiharu. (but if you want I can add them)
And I never said it was deliberate - I said if she carefully though about everything and talked with her closest frinds about it (optional) she shouldn't have done it because it's quite clear it has potential risks that are not worth the pros gained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Two logic and math points:

First, correlation does not equal causation. There is a connection between the LU and crime, which Kuroko has mentioned aloud, but that doesn't mean it's the reason, particularly by itself, that these people are committing crime.
That's true. Yet from what Saten actually heard which was "users of LU need protection" "probably has side effects" "users have a tendency to commit crime". From only hearing those 3 thing for me it implies they might need protection because there are side effects that might lead to the useers commiting crimes.
I believe that's not really a strech if you consider only these 3 things and ignore all the coma info and the it depends on the people using the LU part.
Sure some might see it as far fetched thus I base more of the things I say on the potetila health dangers of messing with your brain and this only adds up to the reasons not to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Plus, a 'tendency' only implies that the group of those who have used the LU are more likely (by some amount) to commit crime than those who haven't. This could be 4% to 20%, a significant difference (Five times more likely!) but still not MOST of the LU users. It also could be 10% to 90%, or 8% to 33% or even 4% to 6% (This is where we start getting to the point that knowing Japanese would be extremely helpful, as knowing precisely what Kuroko is implying seems to matter here). As Kuroko only knows the people who have the LU who have comitted crimes her sample's biased.
Well since there are only two points, people commiting crimes and people no commiting crimes, I believe tendecy would imply MOST.
And yes her sample might be biased even though the people have no connection with each other, come from different areas, are differen age but they all commited crimes after using the LU. Even if they are limited samples there are no evidence of other people using the LU at that point. Also having nothing in common except using the LU and commiting crimes makes this a higly probable theory at the time.

Last edited by Joe_fh; 2009-12-08 at 16:27.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 17:18   Link #122
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Touma doesn't count. He's the freaking Messiah.
Use the tags when you talk about him it can be a spoiler.
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 17:37   Link #123
Ansalem
Speaker
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
well if you say so....
And I din't just call her plain stupid but stupid enough. There's difference between the two but I don't think I should bother explaining.
Okay, you're not calling her stupid as a rock, just stupid in her actions here. Fine.

Quote:
Aaan here is where I said why being unique would make it potentionally more dangerous.
Yes I stopped because you said "That is where the logic disconnect is" and I replied I don't see a problem with that. But you never actually said why and where that happens you just listed the points we covered before that. And I never said you are too dumb nor did I imply that at any point.
I explained where I think the logical disconnect, and the list was in response to you saying that I just skipped your arguments.
It is not logical to think that because something is unique is dangerous. That there is nothing similar to it doesn't mean that it has a high risk of being dangerous. You mention that it's a unique thing that messes with your head, which you imply is dangerous, but the psychic training from school also affects the brain, and it is (as far as we know) not dangerous. I don't think that either of those implicitly show danger.

As to calling me dumb, I exaggerate. You implied either I cannot understand or do not want to understand what you are saying. I understand what you are saying, but I disagree.

Quote:
I stopped talking about this 2 post ago and shifted the focus to the "reasonable person" one.
The question is the one of what a reasoble perosn migh expect in this situation.
And I like how every time you ignore the tamepring with the brain part just before that.
They live in a world that revolves around the idea of people messing with brains. It's not weird and it doesn't seem dangerous. I have no interest in arguing about whether a smart, educated, sensible, straight-laced adult would do this action. I do think it's a fairly normal outcome for a teenage girl, in a world where induction of psychic powers is the norm.

Quote:
I actually said the got what was coming for her and it happened to be a coma. Not my idea of the best consequence but what can you do?
"She got what was coming to her,' is an idiom with the meaning a person deserves the outcome from their actions. She was put into a coma from her actions, so that idiom in this case means she deserves to be in a coma. What one can do is sympathize.
Quote:
I never said she was horrbile nor stupid in the sense you are implying. Also I called her selfish which you missed but you skipped the "for her actions" part of deserves no sypathy and added deserves to be in a coma which I never actually said (even if I said something very similar). And when I said her actions were ignorant I meant "lacking knowledge or information" about what she's doing.
Oh and lets not forget I said I sypathize with her character in general which you sort of skipped here.
But you're saying she was a sympathetic character in general before this. Okay. But now we're after the LU. Is she still a sympathetic character? Or is she not?

Quote:
The way you put it sounds like you justify what she did and you see it as normal.
So again using something you know next to nothing about that tampers with your brain to give you super powers and alter god knows what else in your brain is very normal for a young person? Oh and she even shared it with her friends because that way if something goes wrong they'll all go down.
And if the 3 girls she gave it to ended up dead because of her actions you would still feel sympathy towars her and say it's normal?
I am not justifying her actions; that is to say, I am not saying that her lack power and situation in general make this the correct course of action. I have explicitly stated that. I do think that it is an action that I think is something to be expected from Saten in her situation, and it is something that I can sympathize with. Even if all of her friend died, that wouldn't change the fact that I can understand why she did what she did, and can sympathize with her character. It would simply be more tragic.


Quote:
And when did I say they are the same thing again? Actually the second thing I said is a result of the first.
The "I never said that" part was in response to you saying "we should all learn our life lessons from anime, so it should portray all people as model citizens." which I really didn't say nor meant.
Okay. Obviously you didn't say the model citizen thing, I did. You said "she is a fictional character and I don't like to see fictional characters which in a sense promote acting like an idiot adn saying it's ok." and that was my ever so tarty response. But then you say that "I meant that since it's an anime I'll be ok with more extreme consequences for doing the wrong thing instead of thinking it through." I don't see how you can imply the meaning of the second sentence from the first sentence, and that's what I am talking about when I am saying the meanings don't match. If you mean both things, okay. I just think that:
A: the anime isn't promoting "acting like an idiot," and
B: that even if it were, fiction is not required to give a moral compass.

Quote:
Yes you made it quite clear that if some random person gives you something that alters your brain in some way you'll just use it and won't see any potential danger because the person said something very good will happen when you use it.
Oh, come on, stop with this. How many times do I have to say I wouldn't have done that and I don't think it was a good idea?
Quote:
And the "hurt her friends" part here wasn't adressing the 3 girls she gave the LU to but towards Uiharu, Misaka, Kurko and her mother. I believe I don't need to tell you the reasons why they would be emotionally hurt especially her mother and Uiharu. (but if you want I can add them)
And I never said it was deliberate - I said if she carefully though about everything and talked with her closest frinds about it (optional) she shouldn't have done it because it's quite clear it has potential risks that are not worth the pros gained.
It's your opinion that it's not worth taking LU. I wouldn't have used it either. I'm not sure why you've moved to the emotional health of her friends and relatives. She did carefully think about it. Didn't we see her deciding what to do in the show for a long time? I'll admit maybe she thought her friends would be disappointed in her using a "shortcut" to powers as it were. But she didn't see kind of obvious danger from it that you are saying exists. That she used it is evidence enough of that. However many times you mention side effects, that doesn't imply drastic health problems implicit with using for her to know about.

I'll restate my core beliefs on the matter here, because we seem to be getting very jumbled:
1. I don't think Saten made a wise choice; I think it was a mistake.
2. I don't think it was blatantly obvious from Saten's information that something would occur as drastic as it turned out. That in turn, does not change what I am saying in point one.
3. I think the criticism of Saten was harsh on the first few pages of the thread, considering her age and circumstances, to the extent that she was portrayed in a very negative light.
4. I think she is a sympathetic character. That is to say, I find Saten's actions to be completely understandable for a girl in her situation. I am not saying that she was justified (that her actions were right), but that I can understand why she acted as she did, and that make me sympathize with her.

Joe_fh, this'll probably be my last post on it, since we have fundamental disagreements on the subject, don't agree with each others interpretations of what we're saying, and aren't really progressing anywhere with our discussion. Hopefully we'll see more eye-to-eye on future happenings in the world of Railgun.
__________________

Last edited by Ansalem; 2009-12-08 at 19:07.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:28   Link #124
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
Yeah, I flipped through the rambling pages of discussion against Satan, and all I can say is mehhh. Oh and I agree with the below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
3. I think the criticism of Saten was harsh on the first few pages of the thread, considering her age and circumstances, to the extent that she was portrayed in a very negative light.
4. I think she is a sympathetic character. That is to say, I find Saten's actions to be completely understandable for a girl in her situation. I am not saying that she was justified (that her actions were right), but that I can understand why she acted as she did, and that make me sympathize with her.
Is how it was protrayed. Though why some people don't agree with her actions although it was directed, and protrayed for the audience to sympathize with her?

??

Also.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Joe_fh, this'll probably be my last post on it, since we have fundamental disagreements on the subject, don't agree with each others interpretations of what we're saying, and aren't really progressing anywhere with our discussion. Hopefully we'll see more eye-to-eye on future happenings in the world of Railgun.
This is how debates always end up. A simple nay, or yay is fine too dood. Easy on my eyes for text shifting purposes. x_x

Lastly, how old are the girls suppose to be again? Because they're all so thin. Or am I just looking at them in a lolicon way. owo
__________________
Get going... Badass will cover you!

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:35   Link #125
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Lastly, how old are the girls suppose to be again? Because they're all so thin. Or am I just looking at them in a lolicon way. owo
They're all in middle school.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:41   Link #126
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom.
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
So what's that? 12?

EDIT: Ok nevermind, my friend google got me some references. My memory of my "middle school" is very jaded. =(

If there's anything I'd have to nitpick at, is why is it middle school girls of all the people in the city that's seemly investigating and doing anything about this? Where's the government or secret agents? I just have a hard time relating to 11 year old girls saving the world; doing this crap than say manly Touma and the epic forces of magic! So much for academy city's ultra security that tour bus girl was rambling on about in episode 1, if they rely on loli's for protection.

Sidenote ramble: This is why i'm put off by RPGs nowadays, it's all about 9 year olds who happen to be master warriors they clearly can't be for their age bullcrap, streamrolling monsters the size of godzilla that's acid blood itself disintergates the floor in seconds! (coughstaroceancough)
*Sigh*


There's only SO much crap for storyline that you can go along with right. Is anyone else like this or am I on my lonesome?
;-;
At least the team is gonna get backed up next episode by the super awesome Anti-skills and win. (Sarcasm)
Someone before said (I think) they're made up of school teacher volunteers and they don't have an actual police force or military or anything more appropiate for this stuff? I can't believe the city isn't burning already.
__________________
Get going... Badass will cover you!

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2009-12-08 at 22:03.
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:42   Link #127
Ansalem
Speaker
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
So what's that? 12?
Japanese middle schools are 7-9th grades, so between 12 and 15. I don't think they specifically mention ages in the show. Maybe in the novels/manga?
__________________
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 22:20   Link #128
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
I know that Kuroko, Saten and Uiharu are 13 and Mikoto 14 and Touma is 16-17.
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 02:45   Link #129
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
IIRC, Mikoto's a second year. The other three are one year younger.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 04:59   Link #130
Joe_fh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Well ok I'll cover most points for the sake of it. Just to have a proper response after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Okay, you're not calling her stupid as a rock, just stupid in her actions here. Fine.
Yes, stupid for her actions. Everyone does stupid things at times even if they're not stupid in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I explained where I think the logical disconnect, and the list was in response to you saying that I just skipped your arguments.
It is not logical to think that because something is unique is dangerous. That there is nothing similar to it doesn't mean that it has a high risk of being dangerous. You mention that it's a unique thing that messes with your head, which you imply is dangerous, but the psychic training from school also affects the brain, and it is (as far as we know) not dangerous. I don't think that either of those implicitly show danger.
Yes as I said in general it doesn't imply that but in this case for me it does.
And since the psychic training from school is official and has been tested prior to being applied to the milions of students it can't be compared to the LU which is an unkown unique substance. At lest I see it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
As to calling me dumb, I exaggerate. You implied either I cannot understand or do not want to understand what you are saying. I understand what you are saying, but I disagree.
Yes I implied you cannot understand because to tell you the truth I often make spelling mistakes and sometimes use a structure of my native language to say something in english which I'm not really sure is correct and it sometimes caused missunderstanding. And not understanding something doesn't mean you're dumb.

And that was a real exaggeration because to call someone you don't know dumb based on actually almost nothing is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
They live in a world that revolves around the idea of people messing with brains. It's not weird and it doesn't seem dangerous. I have no interest in arguing about whether a smart, educated, sensible, straight-laced adult would do this action. I do think it's a fairly normal outcome for a teenage girl, in a world where induction of psychic powers is the norm.
Well that's why we don't see eye to eye here because I think that if something alters your mind/body in some way and you're not aware of how id does it and what it can cause it is potentionally very dangerous even if there are official tested ways that make changes to the same parts of your mind/body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
"She got what was coming to her,' is an idiom with the meaning a person deserves the outcome from their actions. She was put into a coma from her actions, so that idiom in this case means she deserves to be in a coma. What one can do is sympathize.
Yes and the outcome in this case was a coma. As I said it wasn't my idea to actually be a coma but that's how it is. I simply imply that a person who (again for me) ignored the dangers when doing something deserves the outcome.
You're saying the dangers I see are not obvious to a young girl like her but since I consider her to be a reasonable person I think she should have thought about them more since they are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
But you're saying she was a sympathetic character in general before this. Okay. But now we're after the LU. Is she still a sympathetic character? Or is she not?
I believe I already said this somewhere - Yes I do feel sympathy towards her character. After she used the LU I want her to get better and I still feel sympathy towards her charactrer in general. But I can't say what she did and why she did it is something that I can sympathize with. And yes that might get really confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I am not justifying her actions; that is to say, I am not saying that her lack power and situation in general make this the correct course of action. I have explicitly stated that. I do think that it is an action that I think is something to be expected from Saten in her situation, and it is something that I can sympathize with. Even if all of her friend died, that wouldn't change the fact that I can understand why she did what she did, and can sympathize with her character. It would simply be more tragic.
Well I can't really say anything here since that's your point of view and I can't change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Okay. Obviously you didn't say the model citizen thing, I did. You said "she is a fictional character and I don't like to see fictional characters which in a sense promote acting like an idiot adn saying it's ok." and that was my ever so tarty response. But then you say that "I meant that since it's an anime I'll be ok with more extreme consequences for doing the wrong thing instead of thinking it through." I don't see how you can imply the meaning of the second sentence from the first sentence, and that's what I am talking about when I am saying the meanings don't match. If you mean both things, okay. I just think that:
A: the anime isn't promoting "acting like an idiot," and
B: that even if it were, fiction is not required to give a moral compass.
She is a fictional character and I don't like to see fictional characters which in a sense promote acting like an idiot and saying it's ok and since it's an anime I'll be ok with more extreme consequences for "acting like and idiot" (doing the wrong thing instead of thinking it through.)
So yes I mean both things.

I didn't mean the anime but the character. And yes it doesn't promote "acting like an idiot" as a moral to follow - it shows someone acting like an idiot ang getting away with almost nothing in general. This is not Saten's case thus me saying "She got what was coming for her". It doesn't have anything do with morals - it just annoys me and with a more extreme outcome the characters that acted "like an idiot" will understand better how stupid their action was.

And yes fiction is not required to give a moral compass but I didn't have this in mind when I said that. I'm jsut annoyed by these sort of characters in general since in most cases they don't understand what they really did.
And actually morals and fiction almost never go hand in hand and they never will. Or so I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Oh, come on, stop with this. How many times do I have to say I wouldn't have done that and I don't think it was a good idea?
My point was that you still don't see the potential dangers of it that I see as obvious at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
It's your opinion that it's not worth taking LU. I wouldn't have used it either. I'm not sure why you've moved to the emotional health of her friends and relatives. She did carefully think about it. Didn't we see her deciding what to do in the show for a long time? I'll admit maybe she thought her friends would be disappointed in her using a "shortcut" to powers as it were. But she didn't see kind of obvious danger from it that you are saying exists. That she used it is evidence enough of that. However many times you mention side effects, that doesn't imply drastic health problems implicit with using for her to know about.
I moved to the emotional health because that's another point she didn't really consider including the other 2. And actually her decision was made in one episode which took place in one day. So yes making such a decison in one day and not considering all the things I listed makes it a stupid one in my oppinion.
And again the side effects that are "potetnionally dangerous" to the health come from tampering with the brain part and can also be reinforced by what Kuroko said (not by much but when you add these up I believe they become quite obvious). Also I always use potentionally in front of dangerous. That doesn't mean they are there for sure, however she didn't consider them as even a remote possibility which I am actually trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I'll restate my core beliefs on the matter here, because we seem to be getting very jumbled:
1. I don't think Saten made a wise choice; I think it was a mistake.
2. I don't think it was blatantly obvious from Saten's information that something would occur as drastic as it turned out. That in turn, does not change what I am saying in point one.
3. I think the criticism of Saten was harsh on the first few pages of the thread, considering her age and circumstances, to the extent that she was portrayed in a very negative light.
4. I think she is a sympathetic character. That is to say, I find Saten's actions to be completely understandable for a girl in her situation. I am not saying that she was justified (that her actions were right), but that I can understand why she acted as she did, and that make me sympathize with her.
1. I think sate made a wrong choice that was obviously potentionally dangerous.
2. I think it was obviou from Saten's information that using the LU might be potentionally very dangerous and she ignored all that. She also didn't consider what kind of emotional impact that would inflict on her friends.
3. I never meant to portray her in a "very negative light" but say that her actions were selfsih, potentionally really dangerous and inconsiderate thus they (her actions) are something that I can't sympathize with nor do I justify them at all.
4. I think she is a sympathetic character as well but to a lesser extent. That is to say, I could sypathize with her as a fellow human due to the hardships in her life but that doesn't go against with what I'm saying in point 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Joe_fh, this'll probably be my last post on it, since we have fundamental disagreements on the subject, don't agree with each others interpretations of what we're saying, and aren't really progressing anywhere with our discussion. Hopefully we'll see more eye-to-eye on future happenings in the world of Railgun.
Yes that's indeed true but most deiscussions on forums are like that.
Either way it was nice talking to you on those points^^
And our opinions are that different on some points so I'm sure we'll agree on future things
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 06:45   Link #131
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
If there's anything I'd have to nitpick at, is why is it middle school girls of all the people in the city that's seemly investigating and doing anything about this? Where's the government or secret agents? I just have a hard time relating to 11 year old girls saving the world; doing this crap than say manly Touma and the epic forces of magic! So much for academy city's ultra security that tour bus girl was rambling on about in episode 1, if they rely on loli's for protection.

Sidenote ramble: This is why i'm put off by RPGs nowadays, it's all about 9 year olds who happen to be master warriors they clearly can't be for their age bullcrap, streamrolling monsters the size of godzilla that's acid blood itself disintergates the floor in seconds! (coughstaroceancough)
*Sigh*
Here is your answer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief

*********
Totally forgot about all the nice quotes from this episode. Here:

Third place goes to unnamed level upper girl:
You're ten years too young to take me...

Mikoto is on the second place:
Let me participate in the investigation.

And of course the first is Kiyama Harumi:
How about I strip for the preview...

__________________
Oversized signature, meet underfed bunnies.
Natsuru:
- This cake is great. But I don't think I could eat the rest of it by myself.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 09:01   Link #132
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
So what's that? 12?

EDIT: Ok nevermind, my friend google got me some references. My memory of my "middle school" is very jaded. =(

If there's anything I'd have to nitpick at, is why is it middle school girls of all the people in the city that's seemly investigating and doing anything about this? Where's the government or secret agents? I just have a hard time relating to 11 year old girls saving the world; doing this crap than say manly Touma and the epic forces of magic! So much for academy city's ultra security that tour bus girl was rambling on about in episode 1, if they rely on loli's for protection.
Meh, Academy City is a dystopian technocracy run by a supercomputer and a mad wizard. Students outnumber adults 4 to 1. If things don't seem quite right it's because they aren't. Don't be fooled by the carefree "normal" atmosphere they have going, this place is quite messed up, socially and politically. So judging it by normal standards isn't always appropriate.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 10:09   Link #133
Avegaille
Konori is kinky. =x
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manila, Philippines
Age: 24
Lol, skipping all whatever debate that happened here, episode 10 was well... I wouldn't say amazing neither too... horrible, when it isn't. In fact, it presented all the things I wanted to see... plus I can feel with Mikoto... and even Saten and Uiharu. Yes, those emotions, I see J.C.STAFF is drawing through this... well if they added Kuroko's obsessiveness over Mikoto, it might have ruined the moment, good thing they didn't... XD

Lmao @ Harumi wanting to strip for the preview, lolz, it'd be amusing if she actually did it... XD

(pics for ep 11 are already out in Project Railgun in case anyone wants to see them?)
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 11:06   Link #134
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I think something important haven't been addressed in this thread so far, maybe because people were too entranced in the Saten argument, - namely introduction of a new cute face in this episode!!!11

Here:





It's Konori Mii from Judgement.

Well she's already appeared in some of the previous episodes, but never has she been shown so close. Now she's got a little more attention at last, and it turned out that she's beautiful! (And she has charming voice too!)

I'm totally in love with Mii-chan after this episode

And I demand more Mii from now on!
__________________
Oversized signature, meet underfed bunnies.
Natsuru:
- This cake is great. But I don't think I could eat the rest of it by myself.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 13:33   Link #135
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Eh, I thought Konori was cute from the beginning (lol, agree with the sentiment though).
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 28/5 :: Locodol 50/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Sabagebu 28/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
Fall: Sora no Method 21/5 :: Karen Senki 6/5 :: Cross Ange 1/5 :: Shirobako 22/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 23/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 13:46   Link #136
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Indeed but his point of view is still valid and I believe other people in AC share his view (or not...who knows)
Just so you know, in actual fact gender is one of the factors in conformity aswell. studies have shown that girls have a tendancy to conform more than guys do.

Plus girls tend to internalize their problems ,ie, self hate, whilst guys tend to externalize it ,ie, open anger or aggression.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:05   Link #137
Avegaille
Konori is kinky. =x
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manila, Philippines
Age: 24
Konori Mii... yes, she's that kinky sempai of Kuroko with the glasses that makes her hotter... 8D I agree with your post Cyrus17! >D /don't mind me I'm obsessed with girls wearing glasses.

The fact that the anime gave her a name and that she was switched with the Judgment girl Mikoto meets in the manga gives her that attention indeed... *bricked*

And that conversation with Mikoto and Kuroko... whoops, I totally forgot to mention that in my last post...
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 05:23   Link #138
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
I haven't exactly followed this thread since it got taken over by the whole Saten argument, so forgive me if this has been said before.

I think I realized why they added all those random filler enemies in previous episodes (eyebrow girl, asphalt girl replacing Touma, etc). It's to
Spoiler for pretty obvious, but not technically revealed yet:
I think this sort of gives a reason for these changes, and while I don't particularly like them anyway I think it's better than having no reason.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:20   Link #139
Avegaille
Konori is kinky. =x
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manila, Philippines
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I haven't exactly followed this thread since it got taken over by the whole Saten argument, so forgive me if this has been said before.

I think I realized why they added all those random filler enemies in previous episodes (eyebrow girl, asphalt girl replacing Touma, etc). It's to
Spoiler for pretty obvious, but not technically revealed yet:
I think this sort of gives a reason for these changes, and while I don't particularly like them anyway I think it's better than having no reason.
Don't worry, I don't think anyone has mentioned that before, since they're all too distracted with the Saten argument along with thinking that those filler characters are fillers. XD

Spoiler for hmm, good point:
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 14:37   Link #140
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
^ I'd hate to rain on your parade but someone already figured out the invisibility girl a long time ago
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...89#post2738389
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.