AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-12-04, 17:06   Link #1
kokokiki

a program to retrieve data from linux formatted drive

when i wanted to change from windows to linux i accidentally deleted all partitions and was left with one big partition and i cant get back to windows but anyway what i want is a program to recover the data that i had when i had windows so is there such a program that would run on linux??

thanx and i appreciate any help anybody gives me
kokokiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 19:52   Link #2
Sides

Most LiveCDs, like SystemRescueCD or Parted Magic, have TestDisk and PhotoRec which can help you restore data. Not 100% sure what you're after, do you want to restore the old partition with the data or do you what to restore some files?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 23:05   Link #3
kokokiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Most LiveCDs, like SystemRescueCD or Parted Magic, have TestDisk and PhotoRec which can help you restore data. Not 100% sure what you're after, do you want to restore the old partition with the data or do you what to restore some files?

thanx for your reply sides
i'm looking to restore some cdr files , so i should download parted magic burn it to a cd and i will find test desk which will restore them thanks again for your help
kokokiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 05:27   Link #4
Sides

I suggest you to read the guides on Testdisk and Photorec over on http://www.cgsecurity.org/ . But yeah, burn it on CD and boot from it, it should be pretty straight forword.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote