AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-19, 02:25   Link #1
Utsuro no Hako

Mahou Shoujo Site

From the author of Mahou Shoujo of the End

Mangaka: Kentarou Satou

Genre: Drama, Horror, Psychological, Shounen, Supernatural, Tragedy

Serialized in: Champion Tap

Plot: Aya Asagiri has a miserable life. She spends every day at school getting bullied, and every evening at home getting the crap kicked out of her by her brother. One day she stumbles upon a website that offers to send her a genuine, 100% real magical girl wand. She clicks yes and the next morning she finds a gun in her locker ....

Unlike Mahou Shoujo of the End where the magical girls are essentially deranged monsters, this is a genuine mahou shoujo title, albeit a highly deranged one. Even Urobutcher would balk at some of the stuff these girls do.

Spoiler for First four chapters:
Utsuro no Hako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 17:09   Link #2
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Cool a thread about this series got made. I'm enjoying this and I hope it doesn't grow stale than its "predecessor". Not many people like where it's going, but... Oh yes, chapter 5 had been scanlated and released. Looks like things are continously picking up.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-07, 22:44   Link #3
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

It sucks that this thread and series doesn't get enough attention... but since I'm here might as well spread some news.

Ahem:

Chapters 6-7 and 6.5 have been scanlated and released (6-7 a long while ago, and 6.5 a day ago.)

Spoiler for Chapter 6.5:
Old 2014-04-27, 12:40   Link #4
Utsuro no Hako

Chapters 8 and 9 are out, and man the end of 9 is creepy ... until you read the scanlator's gag page.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a spinoff of Mahou Shoujo of the end -- the black-and-white girl sure seems like she came from the other series.
Utsuro no Hako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 19:01   Link #5
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

I still keep forgetting about this series and it's nice that there's at least someone besides me who's watching and commenting on this.

I think we still need a bit more chapters to see if this is connected to Mahou Shoujo of the End in someway. I think the only hint is the Tempest and that creepy moderator, but we can't really say much.

Anyways...poor Aya it looks like her hell and suffering will not be ending anytime soon now that the female bully will most likely become a Mahou Shoujo purely for revenge. Such despair that it's magical...

Tags
grimdark, magical girl, murder, psychotic