AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-29, 08:10   Link #1
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-Updates
Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou is a mystery series where Shinokawa Shioriko, a young owner of a bookstore in Kamakura, unravel mysteries of ancient books that are taken there.

The story begins with a young man named Daisuke, who grew up practically without reading books due to a "phobia", brings the complete (and autographed) works of Natsume Soseki, Japanese writer of the Meiji era, inherited from his grandmother in the mysterious bookstore. Will the shy and introvert Shioriko solve the mystery of the books?
Alright, I managed to finish a draft of the first volume out there, and since the manga is translated by Japanzai up till Chapter 4, I think it would be appropriate to begin a thread here. (Chuffed at the fact that volume 1 is done, but I do not think I will begin work on volume 2 until next year)

Of course, I would say it is an absolute delight to read this series, and also to work on this. It is certainly a refreshing change from the usual stuff, for once.

Also to wit, the main genre of this story is 'mystery'.
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:13   Link #2
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

A very great LN(although MW Bunko is not considered as light novel label). If you like mystery with hint of romance, this is a must read IMO. The case is never been about murder or complicated trick, but somehow Mikami-sensei still manage to make an entertaining read from a mundane case.

Also, Shioriko is so hngghhh inducing, and Goura is a strong and good male watson character.
Old 2013-09-29, 11:16   Link #3
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
A very great LN(although MW Bunko is not considered as light novel label). If you like mystery with hint of romance, this is a must read IMO. The case is never been about murder or complicated trick, but somehow Mikami-sensei still manage to make an entertaining read from a mundane case.

Also, Shioriko is so hngghhh inducing, and Goura is a strong and good male watson character.
Seriously?!

You mean to tell me this is a manga mystery series that doesn't involve murder or some weird ass event that leaves me thinking "just wtf is going on here?!"?!

Well now you have my full attention, off to read me thinks!
Old 2014-04-29, 22:09   Link #4
itisjustme

Great LN, I haven't read tons of LNs but it's the first one that reads like a novel instead of a manga script. Great mood, great characterization, mysteries were fine, it doesn't take the reader for an idiot but explains everything clearly at the same time. And Shinokawa is <3 <3. I can understand why this is so popular in Japan.

The translation/edition is great too it almost read like an english book with few mistakes so thank you Ping!
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote