AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-06, 04:38   Link #21
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
I guess Toei really wants this new Precure series to be successful. Nana Mizuki is in my opinion one of the best seiyus in Japan, not to mention she is a great singer (she became the first voice actor or actress with a no. 1 album on Oricon's weekly album chart with her CD album "Ultimate Diamond"). I really hope Nana Mizuki will sing some insert songs in this Precure anime (like in Shugo Chara).

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tcatch-precure So this is a very good news for Precure or every Mahou shoujo fans!
WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF I'M WATCHING THIS FOR NANA-CHAN .

How the heck does she have time for a long running series, not to mention it's a Pretty Cure series and could get another season later. And I thought the pay isn't very high for a weekly series too...I was already surprised she did Utau from Shugo Chara (she didn't appear alot in the end, so I guess it worked out well for her time table). I'm guessing that she probably accepted this job to help her break into mainstream. Also Toei probably can gain alot of otaku (the periphery demographic).

Too bad the ending and opening have already been decided. I don't really expect Nana to surprise me with her voice acting anymore, it's boring but practical. She's okay at voicing pretty much any female character (fails at boys). I think here she'll be using her moe-moe voice. I'm expecting a character single then?

I'm definitely watching this. This is turning out to be much much much better then Fresh already.
Old 2010-01-06, 09:29   Link #22
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Tsubomi Hanasaki/Cure Blossom - Nana Mizuki
Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine - Fumie Mizusawa
Ah, I like the sound of this. Note I was planning to watch the series before I even learned this, but this makes me even more motivated.
Old 2010-01-06, 19:42   Link #23
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Nana Mizuki?

Ok, EPIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
How the heck does she have time for a long running series, not to mention it's a Pretty Cure series and could get another season later.
http://tasunke.otakugeeksquad.org/bl...y-cure-seiyuu/
Read this, you may have some surprise expected from Nana Mizuki.
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 10:59   Link #24
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
http://tasunke.otakugeeksquad.org/bl...y-cure-seiyuu/
Read this, you may have some surprise expected from Nana Mizuki.
I found that quote by Nana on the official website, google translation...wasn't very useful. Thanks for the proper human translation .

From the translation, it looks like it took Nana barely no effort to get the role while Mizusawa (looking on Wikipedia, she barely had any roles this year too) probably had to go through auditions and so on. Nana just sounds...so typical like always. Just a nice rounded answer.

Like I said on the Fairy Tail thread, long running mainstream series usually do not hire seiyuu idols. They are more expensive and probably their time table wouldn't work as well. They usually hire experienced seiyuus, such as Yukana for Honoka and Yūko Sanpei for Nozomi. I have to admit, hiring Hirano Aya for Fairy Tail made alot more sense then Mizuki Nana for Pretty Cure (who ever posted that news on the thread, I thought he/she was trolling ). It's great that Nana gets the role, but I might have prefered hearing lesser known seiyuu. There's alot of other seiyuus who needs a break out role and to pay their bills.

But I can see this being a two way promotion. Nana would be more well known by normal people. Some Nanatards may actually watch Pretty Cure now. Usually they never had 'New Pretty Cure's seiyuu message for the fans'.

Looping Live Fever for the nth time now
Old 2010-01-07, 21:05   Link #25
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

YES! A Pretty Cure thread!

It's official: Fate is now part of the Pretty Cure legacy.

Is Nanoha next?
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 22:13   Link #26
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
I'm expecting a character single then?.
The Precure franchise doesn't really do character singles, but they always release two vocal albums a year with character songs. Her voice (as Tsubomi's voice) will be heard on those.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 15:47   Link #27
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

15 sec CM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeh2aB-pLR4&fmt=18

What can I say? It looks...very Pretty Cure. Animation probably came from the transformation sequence. I knew Nana-chan was going to use this voice, the 'moe/cute' voice. Right now, I'm quiet glad they used a simpler design, hopefully the frame rate would be better and QUALITY would be gone.

If I found some Pretty Cute Heartcatch toy in Hong Kong with Nana's voice recorded on to it...I have a feeling I would buy it...

Quote:
The Precure franchise doesn't really do character singles, but they always release two vocal albums a year with character songs. Her voice (as Tsubomi's voice) will be heard on those.
Song Communication from Phantom Minds scared me. I'm not very fond of her moe-moe voice. But but I would LOVE to hear a Mizuki Nana version of any Pretty Cure opening except Fresh's one.

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2010-01-17 at 07:49.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 01:50   Link #28
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
LOL that Fresh opening was terrible >.> Despite my not like for this franchise I like some of the music. Wishing for new doremi someday....
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 03:51   Link #29
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Better yet, who will voice the villains? You know it is an ongoing tradition for GUNDAM to destroy precure with its angsty pilots. Though the spirit of Kamen Rider Redeems Soular and Wester
Old 2010-01-20, 10:49   Link #30
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
LOL that Fresh opening was terrible >.> Despite my not like for this franchise I like some of the music. Wishing for new doremi someday....
The singer for Fresh's opening did a live for anipara. I was very dissapointed that she wasn't pretty, because the vocals were so bad that I believed the singer must have been cute (Koharu in Kirarin Revolution anyone?).

Yes, new Doremi would be nice. But that's not going to happen, it's like asking for more Sailor Moon...
Old 2010-01-20, 11:56   Link #31
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Whats it about?
Old 2010-01-21, 00:01   Link #32
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Better yet, who will voice the villains? You know it is an ongoing tradition for GUNDAM to destroy precure with its angsty pilots. Though the spirit of Kamen Rider Redeems Soular and Wester
Oh yes. I mean I wanna see Souler transforms into Kamen Rider X.

I heard that Nanoha's VA will voice Sasorina. Is that true???
Old 2010-01-21, 00:03   Link #33
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
Oh yes. I mean I wanna see Souler transforms into Kamen Rider X.
It's that or Den-O Gun Form. Civilians, duck and cover.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 00:11   Link #34
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's that or Den-O Gun Form. Civilians, duck and cover.
Or bring Minami Kotaro's apprentice to do the asskicking.

Maybe we should have an official Pretty Cure thread, shall we?
Old 2010-01-21, 23:45   Link #35
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

We should.
Old 2010-01-25, 09:30   Link #36
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
I'm not very fond of her moe-moe voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6EvZnMdZwY
No?
Old 2010-01-25, 11:12   Link #37
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
As much as I love Nana-chan, I'm not that fond of her voice acting. Her voice acting is perfectly fine for a seiyuu, but it's very paint by number. Luckily, her voice also never goes wrong (unlike this certain seiyuu which I will not name). To name a trope, boring but practical. From that clip, I'm more impressed by Mizusawa's voice...

I like Nana's normal speaking voice...

It's obvious that Nana-chan is using Pretty Cure as promotion as well as Toei using her as promotion too. I don't think earlier Pretty Cure seiyuus had TV promotions...

Currently looping Hime Murasaki
Old 2010-01-25, 11:32   Link #38
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm looking forward to this. Cure Blossom looks like she's going to be my favorite Pretty Cure, and she's being voiced by one of my favorite seiyuu. *w*

Though from the clip given, I'm going to have to agree with musume on "boring but practical". I too was more wowed by Mizusawa's voice... but I still really look forward to hearing Nana's Cure Blossom. :3

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:49   Link #39
Steve the Tribble

Despite some critical postings I'm still looking forward to this series. I have a feeling it will be once again a better Precure series then its precursor.
Makes me curious... *_*
Old 2010-01-29, 19:07   Link #40
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn_Kabuto View Post
Is Nanoha next?
For the moment, Yukari Tamura will voice a villain called Sasorina.
Oh and yes this woman is the first enemy of Tsubomi.

Tags
fantasy, mahou-shoujo