AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-03, 15:02   Link #1981
faiz blaster
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
goro you rather be reading this cause if do not get my idea for geass next project to be restart/reboot geass series make events of r1 & r2 being non-canon or new season involve TIME TRAVEL to prevent all those "events" yea that means

1.stop evil parents plans
2.give suzaku his "girl" back
3.no more lies, betrayal, backstab, evil, etc
4.give everyone a goody two shoes happy ending

etc etc etc overall make sure all of r1 & r2 not true & fix the geass timeline for that it's "SAVED".


so that i can my GOODY HAPPY HAPPY ENDING & if you're still not you will be this happen to you & those who worked on your abominationhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA-271GIsZU
First of all, you're as difficult to understand as usual. Please, try to be a little more clearer and improve your grammar.

Secondly, how many times do you intend to repeat the same thing? Nobody likes a troll!
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 15:57   Link #1982
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
goro you rather be reading this cause if do not get my idea for geass next project to be restart/reboot geass series make events of r1 & r2 being non-canon or new season involve TIME TRAVEL to prevent all those "events" yea that means

1.stop evil parents plans
2.give suzaku his "girl" back
3.no more lies, betrayal, backstab, evil, etc
4.give everyone a goody two shoes happy ending

etc etc etc overall make sure all of r1 & r2 not true & fix the geass timeline for that it's "SAVED".


so that i can my GOODY HAPPY HAPPY ENDING & if you're still not you will be this happen to you & those who worked on your abomination http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA-271GIsZU
It isn't happening dude
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 16:26   Link #1983
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I would just like a story that follows C.C. really. There's so much about her that we don't really get to see, and we could really get some good insight if they made a few ovas or something on her. Maybe even throw in Mao (lawl).

The other thing I'm curious about is the whole "race" of people with the code. There should be a lot more, how come we only see 2 people? C.C. and V.V.? What about all the others who probably have geass too?
Well, isnt there going to be that Renya manga series that follows C.C. in the Edo period. That's being handled as canon manga. I'm not sure C.C. will be covered in this Gaiden anime. Maybe if it's a prequel.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 17:44   Link #1984
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Well, isnt there going to be that Renya manga series that follows C.C. in the Edo period. That's being handled as canon manga. I'm not sure C.C. will be covered in this Gaiden anime. Maybe if it's a prequel.
But Gaiden isn't a prequel it is a side story
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:06   Link #1985
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
It isn't happening dude
it MUST HAPPEN really not everyone is still darn ok with that "trainwrecK" really you're just blind & not really know the REAL TRUTH.

cause really r1- & r-2 must be non-canon or be altered & the GOODY HAPPY HAPPY TWO ENDING MUST HAPPEN.

really do i have goes NEXUS on this to happen.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 16:14   Link #1986
ImmortalFire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
it MUST HAPPEN really not everyone is still darn ok with that "trainwrecK" really you're just blind & not really know the REAL TRUTH.

cause really r1- & r-2 must be non-canon or be altered & the GOODY HAPPY HAPPY TWO ENDING MUST HAPPEN.

really do i have goes NEXUS on this to happen.
Happy ending? You must elaborate on this.
Because to me, the ending, though tragic, couldn't have been more epic. At least...put into the perspective it deserves
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 18:41   Link #1987
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
You should really ignore D-KLAC.

Hopefully there'll be an actually decent update for Akito gaiden.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 20:54   Link #1988
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalFire View Post
Happy ending? You must elaborate on this.
Because to me, the ending, though tragic, couldn't have been more epic. At least...put into the perspective it deserves
It was all too contrived to be given the kind of spin they aimed for. They were only aiming for the epic part. There was too much wrong with it aside from that. It was a huge pile of narm.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 22:42   Link #1989
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
@Arbitres:

It would be relatively reasonable for next month's Newtype to bring us an update, considering this would be about one year after the original announcement was made. I'm not going to bet on it though, since we really have no idea about the production and advertising schedules involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
It was all too contrived to be given the kind of spin they aimed for. They were only aiming for the epic part. There was too much wrong with it aside from that. It was a huge pile of narm.
First, so-called "narm" is one of the most variable and subjective things in this world.

Second, D-KLAC himself has...his own issues and concerns, for lack of a better description. Honestly, I'd rather not elaborate on any of that myself and instead let him do so if he actually wishes to talk about the ending.

And third, while there are certain more or less commonly agreed upon flaws in the ending...I would say some of us have a slightly to moderately different interpretation, to say the least, than the one you've presented above.

Still, I'd think there are more appropriate discussion topics for this thread than going over all of that once again.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 18:54   Link #1990
KazePT
Witch Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Portugal, in the middle of nowhere :D
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to KazePT
Hum, talking about this new project:

This new story, happens in the "same" world as the first one.
At what extend do you guys think that the power of Geass is "out there"?
We never really had any explanation of "where" or "when" the Geass power was born right?
I'm guessing that we will see some characters that we know, like V.V. (because he seems to have some importance when it comes to the power of the geass)
Or people from that "village" where the Geass studies where held.

I can't wait for it to come out!
__________________
KazePT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 20:17   Link #1991
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
I'm hoping for some more explanations about the origins of Geass and VV's story as well.
This Gaiden takes place sometime between S1 and R2 and is set in the European Theater (Euro-Universe I believe it's called).

I hope it's not just another Gundam 0080 A War in the Pocket, even though I liked that OVA in the Gundam world I'm not so sure how it would work out in Geass.

If the internet is any indication, then many (if not most) of the CG fans want a sequel from what I've experienced.
Maybe I'm wrong, but you sure wouldn't know judging by the sheer number of fanfiction sequels, and bulliten board forums where people are demanding an R3.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 21:21   Link #1992
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Changes along the lines of something something Zero Requiem fails, fan favored characters unfairly stuffed into fridge come back (believably, too), problems not solved through some half-baked fake dictator world peace scheme as veiled suicide?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 21:54   Link #1993
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'm hoping for some more explanations about the origins of Geass and VV's story as well.
In all honesty, I'd rather see them avoid dealing with the origins of Geass at all unless the story has a very specific reason to go into those details. It's better to keep things simple. In some ways, the original series could have gotten away with explaining even less if that had contributed to making the central narrative stronger and more focused than what it was (maybe this is, curiously, what Okouchi meant when he said they had "overdone" the explanations?).

For example, I could see that in a hypothetical prequel about how Charles rose to the throne (V.V. should play a major role there) or even in the ongoing Renya of the Darkness, further down the line, but a side story set in Europe that may or may not bring any existing characters back into the fold...doesn't seem like the most natural place to do so. If they somehow manage to pull it off though, I certainly won't complain.

Quote:
This Gaiden takes place sometime between S1 and R2 and is set in the European Theater (Euro-Universe I believe it's called).
Gaiden is supposed to take place in the year a.t.b. 2017 but there's no information on whether it's intended to take place between seasons, or, say, simply earlier in the year. Strictly speaking, everything could happen without going beyond the time frame of the first season. We don't really know that much, so neither possibility can be dismissed.

Quote:
I hope it's not just another Gundam 0080 A War in the Pocket, even though I liked that OVA in the Gundam world I'm not so sure how it would work out in Geass.
Who knows...I don't see why that approach -or a similar one- wouldn't work. It keeps things relatively self-contained and doesn't interfere with what actually happened during the main story. The same thing goes for Gundam: 08th Mobile Suit Team, which would be more along the lines of what I'd personally want to watch.

Quote:
If the internet is any indication, then many (if not most) of the CG fans want a sequel from what I've experienced.
Maybe I'm wrong, but you sure wouldn't know judging by the sheer number of fanfiction sequels, and bulliten board forums where people are demanding an R3.
You're correct, but I'm glad that sometimes companies don't necessarily do exactly what the fans want...and yet still end up making a profit in spite of this.

Listening a bit too much to the fans and pandering to them, at least in certain areas, was one of R2's biggest issues in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Changes along the lines of something something Zero Requiem fails, fan favored characters unfairly stuffed into fridge come back (believably, too), problems not solved through some half-baked fake dictator world peace scheme as veiled suicide?
For what it's worth, even if there are unresolved problems that need to be addressed this doesn't necessarily mean Zero Requiem "failed" as long as the world is still marginally to moderately better off than what it was before. A state of permanent peace and harmony isn't required nor should it be automatically assumed.

They could come up with a new conflict or crisis that puts everything in jeopardy, years or decades after the fact, and still tell a decent enough tale without making the preceding conclusion pointless. At the very least, that's what I see on a conceptual level. Whether it would work out or not in practice is another matter.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 23:15   Link #1994
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
In all honesty, I'd rather see them avoid dealing with the origins of Geass at all unless the story has a very specific reason to go into those details. It's better to keep things simple. In some ways, the original series could have gotten away with explaining even less if that had contributed to making the central narrative stronger and more focused than what it was (maybe this is, curiously, what Okouchi meant when he said they had "overdone" the explanations?).

For example, I could see that in a hypothetical prequel about how Charles rose to the throne (V.V. should play a major role there) or even in the ongoing Renya of the Darkness, further down the line, but a side story set in Europe that may or may not bring any existing characters back into the fold...doesn't seem like the most natural place to do so. If they somehow manage to pull it off though, I certainly won't complain.



Gaiden is supposed to take place in the year a.t.b. 2017 but there's no information on whether it's intended to take place between seasons, or, say, simply earlier in the year. Strictly speaking, everything could happen without going beyond the time frame of the first season. We don't really know that much, so neither possibility can be dismissed.



Who knows...I don't see why that approach -or a similar one- wouldn't work. It keeps things relatively self-contained and doesn't interfere with what actually happened during the main story. The same thing goes for Gundam: 08th Mobile Suit Team, which would be more along the lines of what I'd personally want to watch.



You're correct, but I'm glad that sometimes companies don't necessarily do exactly what the fans want...and yet still end up making a profit in spite of this.

Listening a bit too much to the fans and pandering to them, at least in certain areas, was one of R2's biggest issues in my opinion.



For what it's worth, even if there are unresolved problems that need to be addressed this doesn't necessarily mean Zero Requiem "failed" as long as the world is still marginally to moderately better off than what it was before. A state of permanent peace and harmony isn't required nor should it be automatically assumed.

They could come up with a new conflict or crisis that puts everything in jeopardy, years or decades after the fact, and still tell a decent enough tale without making the preceding conclusion pointless. At the very least, that's what I see on a conceptual level. Whether it would work out or not in practice is another matter.
Basically in the opinions of many, including my own, the Zero Requiem was just a veiled excuse for Lelouch to bail out of his problems and come up with a solution without having to be part of the accompanying process. And quite a messy solution it was, not to mention that he would have been a bigger asset to the world living than dead as one of the rebuilders.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 14:33   Link #1995
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Basically in the opinions of many, including my own, the Zero Requiem was just a veiled excuse for Lelouch to bail out of his problems and come up with a solution without having to be part of the accompanying process. And quite a messy solution it was, not to mention that he would have been a bigger asset to the world living than dead as one of the rebuilders.
And if so, so what? There were better, different options...that Lelouch certainly didn't feel like taking. His priorities (and, by extension, those of the writers) remained elsewhere on both an emotional and intellectual level. The plan is a reflection of both his overall personality and his state of mind at the time. I doubt Lelouch felt he deserved to go on living as an "asset to the world" by virtue of the literal mountain of accumulated guilt and pain he had to deal with.

I think that should be clear enough for many of us here. I don't substantially disagree with the underlying facts but, rather, with their ultimate interpretation. Just as well, I think most of the nuances of this discussion have been properly addressed before.

Despite my personal lack of enthusiasm about any potential sequel...as I've previously tried to communicate, that messy state of affairs could still be used as the starting point to tell another story if Sunrise ever wanted to do so. Which, once again, doesn't necessarily make Lelouch's plan senseless or meaningless.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 01:07   Link #1996
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Well, all that's true is that his young age and resulting lack of wisdom made him unable to cope.

But it's not only that. It's also the timing of the last couple traumas, which averted, could have spared him from taking that final dive, especially given that one of those things he thought happened didn't happen at all, made it a perfect Shakespearean tragedy.

And if they were to avoid making the end result senseless (meaning that the peace wouldn't be shattered), that would be utterly nonsensical. The best thing that could be taken away is that, as GundamFan0083's post-canon fanfic series lampshades, nature abhors a vacuum, and what humans really desire is liberty.

I know that if Charred Knight was here, he'd be explaining why the end result of Zero Requiem is a major case of Did Not Do The Research.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 15:07   Link #1997
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
EDITED:

Nothing to see here other than my reply and more redundant discussion. Move along.

Spoiler for See above:


The argument is effectively over though and I will not continue it here.

Last edited by Xander; 2010-12-04 at 01:10. Reason: Did anyone else really want to read this? I doubt it.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:10   Link #1998
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I really do suggest not to get back into this, you two. This has been stated numerously, not just on this thread but also on other threads. This is just same old same with a heightened value of redundancy.

Besides this isn't the thread for this sort of discussion. It's for the New Code Geass stuff, If you can't help yourselves bring it back to the Generic Discussion Thread.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:14   Link #1999
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Virginia, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I really do suggest not to get back into this, you two. This has been stated numerously, not just on this thread but also on other threads. This is just same old same with a heightened value of redundancy.

Besides this isn't the thread for this sort of discussion. It's for the New Code Geass stuff, If you can't help yourselves bring it back to the Generic Discussion Thread.
I agree with Ar guys this is getting old its the same argument over and over again its getting kind of annoying for the rest of us to hear the same exact thing everyday, but at least do it in the appropriate thread.
__________________



Last edited by Roloko vi Britannia; 2010-12-03 at 20:38.
Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:43   Link #2000
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Sorry, didn't mean to derail. Just stating why Lelouch's story wouldn't necessarily have to be over, in response to what was said earlier.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.