AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-22, 18:39   Link #1361
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
I hope the new guy is voiced by the actor that voiced Neil/Lyle Dylandy in 00 ( I forget his name =/ ).

It's gonna be nice seeing Lulu and Suzaku's plan crumble and the Black Knights get obliterated by this new "threat". Although the name seems Japanese, which is kinda odd... Why would a Japanese want to destroy it all as well as the BKs? O_o

Here's to hoping is someone from the EU...
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 18:48   Link #1362
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Area 11
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
So let me get this straight, the latest images posted (drill gurren, new loli, etc) ARE from the PD correct?
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 18:52   Link #1363
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Wow. Was there some point where I insulted you to prompt that kind of response or did you just feel like snarking?
You called people who see Zero Requiem in a certain way "dumb", while implying that the whole thing was a complete failure and that Lelouch sees himself as some kind of selfless hero. That's not how the whole thing was portrayed, and I disagree with you. Does that make me dumb?
Even if I believed Lelouch had been completely selfless there - which I don't, but I think that this interpretation works better than claiming he was completely deluding himself -, I don't see how that would give you the right to insult me.

Quote:
Is anything I said untrue? Most of the people in this fandom accept Zero Requiem as a selfless act of martyrdom that made the world a magically peaceful place to live. (Note: 'most' referring to a large number of individuals, ie not necessarily yourself, unless you see yourself that way.) Yes in fact, this fandom on the whole is largely dense.
Dense, dumb,... anything else? I don't believe the stance that Lelouch created long-lasting peace and was completely selfless is any more ridiculous than saying Zero Requiem lasted half a year or so before chaos broke out, and that Lelouch had turned into S1!Suzaku, telling himself he was on the side of justice while trying the impossible.

You are entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else. Insulting a large group of people of whom most are not even present to defend themselves because you disagree with them was uncalled for.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 18:53   Link #1364
Betteroffer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post


Guess the EU felt left out and wanted their own cute little head of state.
Maybe they'll adopt the Sky Girls idea and make her into a female loli Rommel expy.

Other thoughts I had from the picture were noticing that Guilford's eyes seem to be better, Kannon (is that Kannon?) seems fine with his prince being a man-slave, and Cornelia either seems to be taking up tobacco smoking from Rakshata, or she is instructing her in the proper use of a riding crop...

Cornelia: "No, no. You have to put exertion in your voice the moment the blow connects. Let him know it isn't the fact that he's in pain that excites you, but simply that a person who happens to be him is in pain. It is in order to remind him of his expendibility. You must take steps to dehumanize your man-slave at all available opportunities. Now, as for wardrobe, note the thigh-high boots I have..."

It looks like Lloyd is trying to congratulate Gino on his successful vacation in Mexico by pawning of one of Cecile's sandwiches on him.

Can't say much else on my thoughts for the new work. R2 left me disappointed and disillusioned, but by the same token it set the bar rather low, so chances are if I'm surprised it'll be pleasantly.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 18:59   Link #1365
Meatrose
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Area 11
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
So let me get this straight, the latest images posted (drill gurren, new loli, etc) ARE from the PD correct?
We can't know with 100% certainty but the fact that the Guren had gotten the radiation arm replaced with a drill and that Kallen was still the pilot showed up in the summaries that were posted right after the live event so it's probably safe to assume that they're all related to that. Besides, the only thing we've heard about the story of this OVA (it seems to be an OVA at least) is this: "a.t.b 2017. A KnightMare unit of 11 youths embark on an operation to save their comrades stranded on the European front, their odds of success only 5%" which means that it takes place before R2. Whether it's set during season 1 or during the one year break is impossible to tell at the moment.
__________________

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-04-22 at 19:09.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 18:59   Link #1366
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
So let me get this straight, the latest images posted (drill gurren, new loli, etc) ARE from the PD correct?
Apparently, which means that Code Geass Gaiden: Bōkoku no Akito won't take place after Code Geass R2. I see some are still confused about it though.

The Picture Drama is just a Picture Drama. Like all of those, we'll just get a short glimpse into the further lives of the surviving cast and nothing else.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 19:15   Link #1367
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Area 11
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
You called people who see Zero Requiem in a certain way "dumb", while implying that the whole thing was a complete failure and that Lelouch sees himself as some kind of selfless hero. That's not how the whole thing was portrayed, and I disagree with you. Does that make me dumb?
Even if I believed Lelouch had been completely selfless there - which I don't, but I think that this interpretation works better than claiming he was completely deluding himself -, I don't see how that would give you the right to insult me.



Dense, dumb,... anything else? I don't believe the stance that Lelouch created long-lasting peace and was completely selfless is any more ridiculous than saying Zero Requiem lasted half a year or so before chaos broke out, and that Lelouch had turned into S1!Suzaku, telling himself he was on the side of justice while trying the impossible.

You are entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else. Insulting a large group of people of whom most are not even present to defend themselves because you disagree with them was uncalled for.
Have to disagree with you. Unless anyone has the exact same ideologies/ moral depravity/ psychological flaws that Lelouch has and literally sees eye-to-eye with him (which would be scary, though not entirely unexpected), accepting ZR as a selfless act that will be successful in the long term is --yes-- dumb.

Better words?

Mindless?

Sheepish?

Lack of one's own reasoning?

Is it possible for me to be gentler while still getting the same idea across?

In any case those people suffer from POV detachment, as they blindly accept the protagonist's POV as their own. Which, yes, is foolish. Especially when we're talking about an antihero like Lelouch. Although it is fine, since CG was partly a big experiment in perspective ayway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Apparently, which means that Code Geass Gaiden: Bōkoku no Akito won't take place after Code Geass R2. I see some are still confused about it though.

B'aww, I was hoping they'd do something to shut people up about some issues. Oh well, maybe next time. I get the sense that this may be something akin to a trial run to see how much attention an alternate cast CG would or wouldn't draw.

Last edited by Zetsubou Bunny; 2010-04-22 at 19:25.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 19:18   Link #1368
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
Finally!

They finally announced the new Code Geass run! WOOHOO!! Be it OVA or a series doesn't matter to me. Just that there IS gonna be more of it is good enough!
I'll let y'all cuss it 'n discuss it! I'm just happy there's gonna be more!
__________________

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 19:30   Link #1369
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Have to disagree with you. Unless anyone has the exact same ideologies/ moral depravity/ psychological flaws that Lelouch has and literally see eye-to-eye with him (which would be scary, though not entirely unexpected), accepting ZR as a selfless long-term successful act is dumb.
I believe it depends entirely on one's definition of selflessness.
Did Lelouch think about the world as a whole when he made his plans? Yes, I quite think so.
Did he insist on dying for the same reason? No, that was his sense of pride and responsibility (as well as guilt), purely selfish from my point of view.
Did he have other options? Seems that way. Better ones? Not necessarily.

Okouchi said the ending was a happy one in his opinion, and that he believes that a better future awaits everyone. He even called Lelouch a "modern hero", who changes the world and then leaves without making a big deal out of it - and if I remember correctly, creating such a protagonist was the goal of the whole staff.

Quote:
Better words?

Mindless?

Lack of one's own reasoning?

Is it possible for me to be gentler while still getting the same idea across?
Yes, it is. Usually, insults are the worst choice - people will know what you mean if you tone it down a bit, and that's really all I ask for. How about, "those people are claiming something I don't think can possibly be backed up once facts come in", or something else that does not make it sound like everyone with a certain opinion, no matter what that opinion might be based on, is completely stupid.

Quote:
In any case, those people suffer from POV detachment, as they blindly accept the protagonist's POV as their own. Which, yes, is foolish.
Actually, where did Lelouch say he was being the good guy? As Okouchi said, he left without making a big deal about his "heroism". Never once did he call himself anything short of a demon - in fact, right from the start he seems to see himself as someone who could never be selfless, pure or innocent like Nunnally in any way, which is why he uses her as an excuse for his own sense of justice.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 19:50   Link #1370
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Area 11
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post


Yes, it is. Usually, insults are the worst choice - people will know what you mean if you tone it down a bit, and that's really all I ask for. How about, "those people are claiming something I don't think can possibly be backed up once facts come in", or something else that does not make it sound like everyone with a certain opinion, no matter what that opinion might be based on, is completely stupid.
Again unless thier opinion in this case is based off of their own POV instead of just accepting Lelouch's, they are not thinking for themselves. Which is stupid. I personally think that people who don't have enough mind to think for themselves don't deserve the respect to be treated gently, thus begs the solution of deeming them for simplicity's sake 'stupid'.



Quote:
Actually, where did Lelouch say he was being the good guy? As Okouchi said, he left without making a big deal about his "heroism". Never once did he call himself anything short of a demon - in fact, right from the start he seems to see himself as someone who could never be selfless, pure or innocent like Nunnally, which is why he uses her as an excuse for his own sense of justice.
Anyone who does anything for any purpose ever --regardless of whether or not they know it is fundamentally wrong-- does it because they feel it will bring about a better outcome. Psych 101. No one sets out to just be a comic book 'supervillian' and set things on fire for the sake of being evil. With a few odd exceptions of course, though this certainly was not the case with Lelouch. Lelouch knew exactly what he was doing, and he did it because he'd deluded himself into thinking it would be the best option for the world.

Though this is all terribly off-topic.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 20:04   Link #1371
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Again unless thier opinion in this case is based off of their own POV instead of just accepting Lelouch's, they are not thinking for themselves. Which is stupid. I personally think that people who don't have enough mind to think for themselves don't deserve the respect to be treated gently, thus begs the solution of deeming them for simplicity's sake 'stupid'.
That's not what you said, though.
What you said was that everyone who believes Lelouch to have acted selflessly and/or without deluding himself is "dumb", regardless of the reasons for that belief. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way, but that's how you worded it. And that's why your post kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Quote:
Anyone who does anything for any purpose ever --regardless of whether or not they know it is fundamentally wrong-- does it because they feel it will bring about a better outcome. Psych 101. No one sets out to just be a comic book 'supervillian' and set things on fire for the sake of being evil. With a few odd exceptions of course, though this certainly was not the case with Lelouch. Lelouch knew exactly what he was doing, and he did it because he'd deluded himself into thinking it would be the best option for the world.
I don't think it's that simple.

Lelouch believed that the end justifies the means, but that the means are still important, and this can easily end in a moral dilemma. In Lelouch's case, I think it at least led to a clear contradiction - Lelouch thought the world needed to be changed, but also that the one causing this change would need to "sin".
Lelouch obviously believed Britannia was wrong, but not that this automatically made him the good guy. He claimed to do it all for Nunnally for the longest time, and while he indeed openly did what he thought was right in the end, he at the same time believed that the acts he committed were wrong.

Lelouch never thought of himself as a terribly good person. Just a better one than his father, and that really doesn't mean much.

Quote:
Though this is all terribly off-topic.
Hm, might be. To the Lelouch thread? Though I'll go to bed first. xD
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 20:09   Link #1372
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I hope the new guy is voiced by the actor that voiced Neil/Lyle Dylandy in 00 ( I forget his name =/ ).

It's gonna be nice seeing Lulu and Suzaku's plan crumble and the Black Knights get obliterated by this new "threat". Although the name seems Japanese, which is kinda odd... Why would a Japanese want to destroy it all as well as the BKs? O_o

Here's to hoping is someone from the EU...
Why would you pick Shinchiro Miki? Not that I am saying he is a bad choice. But I think it's good if we actually had an ADULT soldier/main protagonist instead of always relying on the emo teens.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 20:22   Link #1373
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
lol, Neil didn't come off as an angsty teen... did he? I'd like him because he is a good actor and he played that tragic hero type of character very good with Lockon, and he'd be perfect for this role if the character turns out to be similarly motivated to Lockon.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 20:30   Link #1374
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
Holy cow! I've been gone for a day or two, and look what happens! Seriously, HOW did you all manage to get FIVE pages worth of discussion done in one day, without even me noticing! Man, looks like I'll have to keep better track of things here from now on!

So we're getting an OVA next, huh? (or is that still unconfirmed?) Well, even if that's the case, I'm glad we're getting SOMETHING here; I personally don't mind it being made by different directors (though I also suspect that it won't be as good as LotR). I'll try it out and decide afterwards whether I'll add it to my list of favorites or deem it as trash that should just BURN. (Metaphorically, of course.) I just hope it doesn't take too long before videos of the KnB contents finally appear over the Internet; I HATE it how long it sometimes takes just to get ahold of the RAWs sometimes.

Also, does anyone think I should give a crack at translating some of the ext in the images? For the most part, I think everyone here has got the basic gist of it, but if anyone wants a more detailed translation, I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 20:32   Link #1375
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
If your Japanese is good then go for it, even if it isn't we can only benefit from another pov
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 20:49   Link #1376
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Again unless thier opinion in this case is based off of their own POV instead of just accepting Lelouch's, they are not thinking for themselves. Which is stupid. I personally think that people who don't have enough mind to think for themselves don't deserve the respect to be treated gently, thus begs the solution of deeming them for simplicity's sake 'stupid'.





Anyone who does anything for any purpose ever --regardless of whether or not they know it is fundamentally wrong-- does it because they feel it will bring about a better outcome. Psych 101. No one sets out to just be a comic book 'supervillian' and set things on fire for the sake of being evil. With a few odd exceptions of course, though this certainly was not the case with Lelouch. Lelouch knew exactly what he was doing, and he did it because he'd deluded himself into thinking it would be the best option for the world.

Though this is all terribly off-topic.
He did Zero Requiem because he had lost all hope for happiness in his life.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 21:08   Link #1377
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Area 11
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
That's not what you said, though.
What you said was that everyone who believes Lelouch to have acted selflessly and/or without deluding himself is "dumb", regardless of the reasons for that belief. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way, but that's how you worded it. And that's why your post kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
So this entire thing has been about your defending the two people who may exist in the fandom somewhere that have the exact same logic pattern as Lelouch? x3 My deepest apologies to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
He did Zero Requiem because he had lost all hope for happiness in his life.
No.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 21:09   Link #1378
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Holy cow! I've been gone for a day or two, and look what happens! Seriously, HOW did you all manage to get FIVE pages worth of discussion done in one day, without even me noticing! Man, looks like I'll have to keep better track of things here from now on!

So we're getting an OVA next, huh? (or is that still unconfirmed?) Well, even if that's the case, I'm glad we're getting SOMETHING here; I personally don't mind it being made by different directors (though I also suspect that it won't be as good as LotR). I'll try it out and decide afterwards whether I'll add it to my list of favorites or deem it as trash that should just BURN. (Metaphorically, of course.) I just hope it doesn't take too long before videos of the KnB contents finally appear over the Internet; I HATE it how long it sometimes takes just to get ahold of the RAWs sometimes.

Also, does anyone think I should give a crack at translating some of the ext in the images? For the most part, I think everyone here has got the basic gist of it, but if anyone wants a more detailed translation, I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Elementary my dear Eternal Dreamer - give us tangible evidence about the new CG projects and this is what happens. Simple really, since we are like a stampede of ravenous wolves since we love Code Geass so much.

It's still unconfirmed I think, I pretty much lost track of it myself, and I'm the one that moved the stuff from over image thread to here. (Credit goes to Aurelia for the images though.)

I'm glad we are on the same page, I'll decide whether or not it's good once I watch it -- though if it's just an OVA then it probably won't be dubbed.

This Akito might actually be an Honorary Britannian judging from his name. But that is groundless, I'm still laughing at the De Weisser-Devicer thing me and Nogitsune brought up.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 21:27   Link #1379
lighto13
Zero Knight
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Age: 21
im pretty sure
it means
Eleven youths, as in youths from area 11, as in japanese youths.
not 11 member-group.
that would also explain the name, akito, which is japanese and not european.
lighto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 21:59   Link #1380
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
No.
Yes, he did.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.