AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-27, 00:14   Link #1601
Laurcus
The black angel
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In Dalaran making laps around the city.
Death note anyone? The hate is strong with this one... Anyways, maybe we should all just simmer down a bit, and enjoy the new manga. I mean, that's what we're all here for right; to enjoy Code Geass and socialize with others who have the same interests?
__________________
I will show you the justice of the grave, and the true meaning of fear!
Laurcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 00:17   Link #1602
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Normally I would agree with you if this were most other anime series, but Code Geass has an effect on people.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 01:19   Link #1603
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If he can murder someone's soul through the internet with pure hatred, he deserves to get away with it.
Betcha Tristan from YGO Abridged could pull it off.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 01:24   Link #1604
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Area 11
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
And in social situations in the real world, bouncers are hired to kick the tar out of trouble makers so everyone else can continue having a good time.



And if Sunrise ever decided to conform to fan theory, I'd commit zero requiem. That is all.

Last edited by Zetsubou Bunny; 2010-05-27 at 02:19.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 04:18   Link #1605
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
You've gone and done it now!
You've got ZB all "RrrrrrrrrrrrrreowW! FffffffffffffffffffT!"



As evidenced by her reaction to your suggestion.



I pity Sunrise if they ever do actually try to rewrite the events of R2 and have Charles force his code on Lelouch...there will be hell to pay!!

In regards to the new manga.
It looks very interesting, and if I find the time I'll check it out for a read.
Methinks that the Lelouch-alike is probably an ancestor of Lelouch just like the Gino-alike/clone most certainly is.
Unless there's some kind of "Otogi Zoshi" thingy going on in CG that we don't yet know about?
Perhaps it's best that we keep the anime and the manga as two separate entities to themselves. What I see, regarding the Gino/Lelouch clone is perhaps the storyline setting that Tanigushi originally envisioned before he had to make changes to it, as far as the anime goes. As a manga, he has a fresh start because he doesn't have to deal with the BS that was associated with the anime production. For Tanigushi, this is a whole new beginning to create his vision the way he wants it to be.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 04:23   Link #1606
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Perhaps it's best that we keep the anime and the manga as two separate entities to themselves. What I see, regarding the Gino/Lelouch clone is perhaps the storyline setting that Tanigushi originally envisioned before he had to make changes to it, as far as the anime goes. As a manga, he has a fresh start because he doesn't have to deal with the BS that was associated with the anime production. For Tanigushi, this is a whole new beginning to create his vision the way he wants it to be.
And yet that'll never happen because Taniguchi already said that its part of the Code Geass timeline, which means the anime since it came first. So... oh well. Best to accept it and move on.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 04:39   Link #1607
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
They already mentioned that the anime -- Lelouch of the Rebellion (R1, R2) is the sequel to Jet Black Renya.

Manga other then Jet Black Renya are in a different verse all together, thus the split between 'animeverse' and 'mangaverse' as it's been called. As such that includes Nightmare of Nunnally, Suzaku of the Counterattack, and so on. Even the manga adaption of Lelouch of the Rebellion is considered less canon due to it's differentiated content.

So we can put Renya and Lelouch in the same timeline/universe.

Black jet Renya IS part of canon Code Geass history - that has been determined by Taniguchi.

Or from what I've seen anyways. Did I get anything wrong?
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 04:47   Link #1608
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Nope, got it all correct.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 09:44   Link #1609
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
They already mentioned that the anime -- Lelouch of the Rebellion (R1, R2) is the sequel to Jet Black Renya.

Manga other then Jet Black Renya are in a different verse all together, thus the split between 'animeverse' and 'mangaverse' as it's been called. As such that includes Nightmare of Nunnally, Suzaku of the Counterattack, and so on. Even the manga adaption of Lelouch of the Rebellion is considered less canon due to it's differentiated content.

So we can put Renya and Lelouch in the same timeline/universe.

Black jet Renya IS part of canon Code Geass history - that has been determined by Taniguchi.

Or from what I've seen anyways. Did I get anything wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And yet that'll never happen because Taniguchi already said that its part of the Code Geass timeline, which means the anime since it came first. So... oh well. Best to accept it and move on.

Let me be VERY clear: A manga allows Taniguchi the opportunity to explain his story with GREATER depth than what he was allowed to do with the anime. When I state that the manga and anime should be separate, I meant to say that the story[manga] would not have the same problems going forward as it was done to the anime the first time around. This is why I would love to see Okouchi remake Lelouch of the Rebellion as a manga because it would give him the freedom of laying out the story better than what the anime production schedule allowed. Therefore, I would love to see the story of Code Geass told as a manga first because it provides an outline for the animation to follow.

Manga first. Anime second.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2010-05-27 at 09:56.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 10:07   Link #1610
ShinobiMuramasa
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
That thing I mentioned about personally murdering anyone who mentioned the 'code' trollshit again?

I meant it.



What you really meant to say was that it would seem likely if only it weren't for the fact that all the 'code' logic is just troll crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
And in social situations in the real world, bouncers are hired to kick the tar out of trouble makers so everyone else can continue having a good time.


And if Sunrise ever decided to conform to fan theory, I'd commit zero requiem. That is all.
Oh? So because someone has an opinion that differs from yours, it's "troll crap"? This is a message board and you may not like it, but people can write just about whatever they want here. You should embrace that fact rather than trying to condemn it; it's thanks to this being a place to share public opinion that you're allowed to spout ignorant and intolerant nonsense.

And if you think your posts have "kicked the tar out of me", then you can add delusional to your list of qualities, along with ignorant and intolerant. If someone having a different opinion from you is an obstacle to your fun, you shouldn't venture outside of your little box.

I didn't come to this topic to have a discussion with a troll, nor did I come here to discuss the ending of R2. Discussion of the new manga and anime is what this topic is for, so that's what I'm here to discuss. If that somehow ties into Lelouch possibly being in the new manga, then so be it. But until there's a concrete canon explanation, your opinion is just as good as mine.

I won't entertain further exchanges with you since having a sensible, open-minded conversation with you is impossible. I will not just go away though, so if that dampens your "good time", you'll just have to bear with it.

Back on topic, does anyone know if a group has already committed to scanlating the new manga? Since this manga is actually canon, I would think there would be quite a few people eager to scanlate it.
ShinobiMuramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 10:29   Link #1611
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiMuramasa View Post
Oh? So because someone has an opinion that differs from yours, it's "troll crap"? This is a message board and you may not like it, but people can write just about whatever they want here. You should embrace that fact rather than trying to condemn it; it's thanks to this being a place to share public opinion that you're allowed to spout ignorant and intolerant nonsense.
actually, its NOT because you have different opinions
we actually like different opinions around here (mostly)
its because your theory
namely that Lelouch is anything other then dead meat, has been REPEATEDLY refuted by everyone involved in the project
which makes your continued insistence of arguing this theory pointlessly redundant
or as you put it, "troll crap"

championing a theory only works when the theory is a VALID option
if the theory has already been disproved by the forces that be, then its just blowing smoke
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 11:35   Link #1612
ShinobiMuramasa
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
actually, its NOT because you have different opinions
we actually like different opinions around here (mostly)
its because your theory
namely that Lelouch is anything other then dead meat, has been REPEATEDLY refuted by everyone involved in the project
which makes your continued insistence of arguing this theory pointlessly redundant
or as you put it, "troll crap"

championing a theory only works when the theory is a VALID option
if the theory has already been disproved by the forces that be, then its just blowing smoke
Can you show me an interview from Taniguchi that says Lelouch did not get the Code? I am well aware of the interviews saying that he "died", but as they made clear, the Code does not activate until one's death. So since you say that official word has already disproved this theory, then it should not be hard to provide something showing that they said he did not get the Code.

They can say he died any number of times, but because of the way the Code works, if they find it helpful for the franchise they can always bring him back using this explanation. But if there is something that specifically says that he did not get the Code, then I would be interested in seeing it.
ShinobiMuramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 11:52   Link #1613
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiMuramasa View Post
Can you show me an interview from Taniguchi that says Lelouch did not get the Code? I am well aware of the interviews saying that he "died", but as they made clear, the Code does not activate until one's death. So since you say that official word has already disproved this theory, then it should not be hard to provide something showing that they said he did not get the Code.

They can say he died any number of times, but because of the way the Code works, if they find it helpful for the franchise they can always bring him back using this explanation. But if there is something that specifically says that he did not get the Code, then I would be interested in seeing it.
no, they repeatedly said that Lelouch is DEAD
not "died", DEAD
as in, he did NOT come back to life.

Zetsubou Bunny's sig actually contains a link in it to an entire GROUP concerning it
but i'll give you a link
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.ph...scussionid=974
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:02   Link #1614
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Is this necessary? I fail to understand why we can't get along with each other's theories so long we remain civil and open up to the logistics of the theory.

It's as Blade says, the theory needs to have several validly conclusive evidence in order to be anymore more then inductive.

Arguing which theory has sovereign over all others... Well, that is a waste of time. The answer is very simple: Our theories are worthless because we aren't the one doing the manga. So being malicious and spiteful won't get you anywhere on something so trivial.

Yes I understand the anticipation, I readily feel it. But what I can't feel is the overall desire to make something meant to be taken in stride so overwhelmingly serious.

I personally think this is childish, it's a superb fandom. We shouldn't represent it by being like this.

Again I won't name my theory because it's currently lacking substance. I'll need more confirmation and or adjustment to see whether or not it'll hold water.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:15   Link #1615
ShinobiMuramasa
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Yes I've seen that before. But those materials do not address any information about the Code nor does it state that Lelouch did not gain it; since it does not say that specifically, it does not address the theory. Although it may appear more likely that Lelouch is just dead, those material do not rule out the possibility that he obtained the Code from Charles during their encounter.

I am not trying to argue that I am right and everyone else is wrong, I am merely saying that the possibility exists. A few pages back someone mentioned that if the "mysterious figure " that bears a striking resemblance to Lelouch in the new manga is indeed Lelouch, that should provide evidence that he did not obtain the Code since the person possesses the Geass in both eyes. My post regarding Lelouch gaining the Code from Charles, rather than C.C., could make it possible for him to have both the Code (from Charles) and the Geass (from C.C.).

Since we know that the Code activates upon death, unless the writers state specifically that Lelouch did not gain the Code and is therefore dead with no chance of return, the possibility that he does have it still exists until they say otherwise. The information supporting his death is not information ruling out the possibility that he obtained the Code. Since it is not, an ambiguity will continue to exist until we have concrete proof that can rule out the possibility of him getting the Code.

As long as the possibility exists, it is still a viable option for the writers to take. If their ventures with Code Geass without Lelouch are not as successful as they hope, you can rest assured that they will find some way to bring him back into the story so the series can ride on his popularity. Since they have yet to rule out the possibility of him having the Code, they have that as an option they could use at any point.
ShinobiMuramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:21   Link #1616
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 35
In the end, no matter what any of the creators of the show said at any given time, it's not like they can't retcon it if it's convenient. Mind you, generally, retconning purely to bring a character back without any logical reason other than he was popular almost always ends in disappointment (ala Mu La Flaga).

Still, since it's no way confirmed that Lelouch is alive, let alone that he has a Code AND that Code can apparently let him travel through time for some reason, I'm not going jump to any conclusions.

youngde, signing off
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:24   Link #1617
ShinobiMuramasa
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Is this necessary? I fail to understand why we can't get along with each other's theories so long we remain civil and open up to the logistics of the theory.

It's as Blade says, the theory needs to have several validly conclusive evidence in order to be anymore more then inductive.

Arguing which theory has sovereign over all others... Well, that is a waste of time. The answer is very simple: Our theories are worthless because we aren't the one doing the manga. So being malicious and spiteful won't get you anywhere on something so trivial.

Yes I understand the anticipation, I readily feel it. But what I can't feel is the overall desire to make something meant to be taken in stride so overwhelmingly serious.

I personally think this is childish, it's a superb fandom. We shouldn't represent it by being like this.

Again I won't name my theory because it's currently lacking substance. I'll need more confirmation and or adjustment to see whether or not it'll hold water.
I agree with you completely. At no point did I say my theory had sovereignty over any other or that the other people were just wrong. It was never my intention to come and argue over whose theory is right. As can be shown from my posts, my talk about Lelouch resulted as a response to someone else talking about the new manga and his possible role in it; I have made every attempt to remain on topic. This is not a topic to discuss theories about the end of R2, which is why I have avoided delving into my evidence for thinking what I think. I've only responded to these people that refer to my post as trolling simply because they don't like my opinion.

If this where the appropriate topic, then arguing over theories would be acceptable. But this is not the place for it, and as I said before I'm not going to keep arguing with people that can't accept the opinions of others. That being said, I would be interested in reading your theory Arbitres. Because as you said, we should appreciate the fandom and the different ideas everyone has to offer.
ShinobiMuramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:25   Link #1618
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
So about that new Code Geass anime.

We are getting new info in the next NewType, right? When is that?
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:39   Link #1619
konart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moscow, RU
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post
So about that new Code Geass anime.

We are getting new info in the next NewType, right? When is that?
In two weeks
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 12:40   Link #1620
Arbitres
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Moderators Note: Purpose of this thread is to discuss about your expectation, speculation, and to add to any new information the fans come to find out. Everyone also needs to keep in mind that at no point can anyone cross the personal territories in any manner where another poster will be made uncomfortable by a comment.
You are free to theorize and speculate accordingly. If something requires explanation, explain it. However for now on I think you should spoiler tag it. That way it is a compromise - you may theorize and speculate as you so desire, and people won't necessary have to 'put up with' the speculative nature of the spoiler tags you present.

It's the best way to maintain civility, or in my point of view anyways. Feel entirely free to oppose it.

Edit: Excellent Konart. Thank you.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.