AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 19:56   Link #21
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^And now the set-up is complete for Luffy to unleash his full "ambition" . No one else is backing him up now, and his strength is almost gone, so all that is left is his indomitable will. If this spoiler is true, I expect a fully fledged Haki "blast" from Luffy sometime in the next 3 chapters (or at least before the break).
a haki blast + punch on some one prominent like he did with bellamy and the tenryotobi would be a nice cliffhanger b4 the break.
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 20:20   Link #22
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

Its nice to see Momonga in action since he is my fav VA, but Buggy is still not defrosted yet, and Im looking forward to Croc vs Flamingo....

Yeah the VA's are roku users...
Old 2009-12-07, 22:55   Link #23
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Only a matter of time before Whitebeard dies. He's looking worse each chapter.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:52   Link #24
tsunade666

So its no chance for the old man to survive this battle all along. I wonder what kind of dramatic scene will end the life of old man.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 02:25   Link #25
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
There's a difference in not interfering with the execution and actually stopping someone who tries to free Ace. The first is remaining on the sidelines and the second is not remaining on the sidelines. That's what surprises me, the fact that he actually is going to help the marines execute Ace and not stay neutral and just watch the outcome.
He didn't mind Ace's death so to me it's only normal that he would prevent anyone from saving Ace.
Old 2009-12-08, 02:51   Link #26
andy

Quote:
^And now the set-up is complete for Luffy to unleash his full "ambition" . No one else is backing him up now, and his strength is almost gone, so all that is left is his indomitable will. If this spoiler is true, I expect a fully fledged Haki "blast" from Luffy sometime in the next 3 chapters (or at least before the break).

Well he still has ace keys so i don't think he out for good, well not yet anyway . If he is KO that would be okay by me.

Last edited by andy; 2009-12-08 at 06:43.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 04:51   Link #27
Tenryuken
Pirate God

If Luffy's smart, he could play it "stealth".
Playing death guy while using one of his arms(like a snake) to go free Ace without anybody noticing.
Old 2009-12-08, 06:18   Link #28
noktown

But Luffy's not :/
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 07:23   Link #29
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I dunno.... I think Dofla running a slave-trading operation at Sabaody is already proof enough of his "pimpness". I mean, he's been making a fortune off literally selling bodies for years.....
True. Point well made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lynx. View Post
To tell the truth, I just want to see the Buddah showing why he is worthy of his SUPA Afro...

And without Garp focusing on Ace (and assuming Sengoku went on rage and isn't in the plataform anymore either), I wonder if someone couldn't sneak over there? Too bad Luffy's out for this chapter...
I guess I don't like the match-up because I wanted to see Garp face off against another Legendary character.

Quote:
That being said, Shirohige vs. Akainu sounds the most interesting so far (sorry Garp), if for no other reason than Akainu is the one who tricked Squado. Then again, I think it would be cool if Squado and the other NW Captains were the ones to battle Akainu (for the same reasons that Shirohige would want to kick Aka-kun's ass).
Whitebeard Vs. Akainu is interesting simply because I want to see Akainu get his ass kicked, I'm not feeling that ruthless attitude. But Whitebeard's end is nigh, the World Government is overwhelming Whitebeard and his Army thus far.

Prediction as to what the cliffhanger will be, its going be new arrivals. Either Red-Haired Shanks and his crew along with Rayleigh (and possibly the other Strawhats). Or Blackbeard shows up to deal a devastating blow that ends it.

'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 11:36   Link #30
seiji_kun

@ biggest pimp, if I have to choose I'd go with Crocodile to like AddiKtioNn-BlaCk. Do Flamingo's coat is pimping to and he's been in the slave bussiness but Croc's coat just screams more pimp +he smokes likes every good pimp should.

Still Luffy should join cause he's the king of pimps in OP. Though WB with his nurses is a contender to.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
He didn't mind Ace's death so to me it's only normal that he would prevent anyone from saving Ace.
Chapter 556 didn't gave me that impression at all, rather the opposite and that he minds it a lot.

The line in that chapter "if I could've I would've" made me believe that if he could've saved Ace he would've but it seems that he still needs some pushing (Luffy) to do it.
Old 2009-12-08, 14:26   Link #31
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
If Luffy's smart, he could play it "stealth".
Playing death guy while using one of his arms(like a snake) to go free Ace without anybody noticing.
Luffy is rubber, not liquid...He has to use great forces to stretch/expand his body.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 17:45   Link #32
tetsuo69

sounds like a really good chapter i also cant wait for luffy to wake up and burst his haki ^^
Old 2009-12-08, 20:13   Link #33
marvelB

Heh, I see that I'm not the only one who had the idea that Luffy would unleash another Haki burst soon enough. After all, he was near death when he blasted those wolves at Impel Down with his "ambition", so I can definitely see it happening again at Marineford, amongst all these overwhelming forces who outnumber (and more importantly, outclass) him in every was imaginable.....

By the way, if Momonga and his partner (still hoping that it's Doberman, although Onigumo would be great too) use Rokushiki against Luffy, I also kinda hope that we see them utilize Life Returns, as well. While I never really cared much for Lucci's fighting style, I thought it was pretty neat how he altered his bulky leopardman body into a more slimmer form in order to enhance his speed and agility. I think it would be really awesome if we see the marine VAs use Life Returns in such creative ways, as well (like adding extra bulk to their arms and legs to enhance their attack/defensive power, manipulating their hair like Kumadori did, etc.). I just want Oda to really make the level of the higher echelon marines clear to Luffy (and us fans), you know?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:08   Link #34
Blackbeard D. Kuma

From the buster call VA's, my favorite would probably be Onigumo. His articulate helmet and crazy long hair make his design look damn sweet, and to top it all off he is the possessor of the spider zoan ability. I'm looking forward to seeing some lethal attacks and traps from this ruthless man.
Old 2009-12-08, 23:14   Link #35
Rainbowman

My review:

Aokiji freezes Whitebeard but manages to get free. Aokiji takes damage but Whitebeard is in worse shape. Luffy foolishly takes on two Buster Call VAs. Kizaru sends Luffy flying towards Whitebeard and Kizaru gets knocked out. Whitebeard faces against Akainu and Marco faces against Garp. Interesting chapter, unfortunately I have to put up with the holiday breaks once again and even though the Whitebeard War is close to an end we're no closer to getting the Strawhat crew reunited. I can assure you I'll have a lot to say about the story plot when One Piece is completed.

BTW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Spoiler:
With that picture on Luffy's "harem", I could identify the following: Nami, Robin, Vivi, Camie, Marguerite, and Boa Hancock. Who's the female near Robin and Marguerite?

Edit: Nevermind that female must be Alvida.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 23:55   Link #36
james0246

Damn, I love the new colour splash:

It looks like the intial spoiler (Aokiji vs. Shirohige, at least) has been confirmed (at least judging by the 2 pics released so far).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 00:01   Link #37
marvelB

^Yeah, that color spread is neat.

By the way, aohige confirmed that Whitebeard used Haki against Aokiji, but as was pointed out in the earlier summary, it somehow didn't effect the admiral. If it turns out that Logias have a method of guarding themselves against Haki strikes, this will make future battles very interesting.....
Old 2009-12-09, 00:04   Link #38
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Hot Dog Aokiji got hurt... He's the coolest admiral and he got hurt...

Thank the stars that the VA's aren't weaklings, i was sort of expecting them all to be steamrolled.

Looking forward to Akainu vs Whitebeared. The Red fog has a lot to answer for, but i don't really see that happening.
Old 2009-12-09, 00:09   Link #39
marvelB

Well, we have confirmation of Luffy vs. Momonga now (don't see a second VA, though). Damn, he's really smacking around Luffy good. Well, I'm glad to see that the Buster Call VAs are living up to my expectations, so far. Now we just need confirmation of Garp vs. Marco.....

Edit: Ah, just now I noticed that Momonga's teamed up with that dalmation Zoan VA. Geez, it's always the Zoans who turn out to be Rokushiki masters, huh?
Old 2009-12-09, 00:16   Link #40
james0246

^The other Vice-Admiral appears to be the unnamed VA behind Onigumo in the 2-page spread in Chapter 553.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote