AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 12:12   Link #1
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Starry Sky (Bishounen Personalfication of Zodiac)

(image taken from official site)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The monthly anime magazines are announced this week that an anime adaptation of honeybee's popular planetarium drama CD and game series Starry Sky has been green-lit. Vampire Knight's Kiyoko Sayama is directing the project. Similar to Hetalia - Axis Powers, Starry Sky's anime will be distributed through the Animate.tv website and other means. The anime's official website will open at http://sta-ska.com, a domain registered by FrontierWorks.

In Starry Sky, the 12 constellations of the Zodiac are turned into handsome young characters.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-green-lit

Official Site: http://www.honeybee-cd.com/starry_sky.html

Director: Kiyoko Sayama (Vampire Knight)

What can I say? I was the one who started the miracle train thread. And now I'm starting this one too.

I know Hetalia is a cash cow and I'm a big fan of it. But seriously? Zodiacs now? Train stations was more meh then this I guess. It's interesting that Animate is going to air this, just the same as Hetalia. I'm guessing they're trying to grab the same fanbase. The promotional video was the random one I found on youtube before. I liked the art but I wasn't really into otome games, so I didn't looked it up.

I guess zodiacs can be pretty fun, but I'm not sure how the anime is going to turn out. Miracle Train was based train stations, even with a pretty good darn good director, he only managed to make something watchable. I seen 2 episodes of Vampire Knight and fell asleep (actually I only read 3 chapters of it too, and I dropped it after that, so I guess it's not the director's fault). From the game openings, it looks like a reverse visual novel like game. So I guess the anime would be similar to Kin'iro no Corda.

The CD/game seiyuu looks drool worthy, at least for a fujoshi/female audience.

[To mod, can you change my spelling of 'Personalfication' to Personification? ;~;]

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2009-12-07 at 12:13. Reason: For my crappy spelling
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:07   Link #2
FireChick

Wowzers! First countries, then trains, then holidays, and now stars??? What are they gonna do next? Organs? Disabilities? Dead famous people?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:21   Link #3
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Oh my delicious. But why web tho, not TV.
Old 2009-12-07, 19:27   Link #4
CHRONICLE_KEY

I don't think it can be compared to Miracle Train or Hetalia unlike those two this is more like your average shojo reverse harem manga/anime since there is a heroine and it has a school setting.

As far as I know they have been releasing one drama cd each month for this year and four planetarium cds which focuses on three guys and comes with an otome game.

Here's the seiyuu cast for drama cd/game
Touzuki Suzuya CV: Ono Daisuke
Nanami Kanata CV: Sugita Tomokazu
Tomoe You CV: Midorikawa Hikaru
Kanakubo Homare CV: Hoshi Souichirou
Miyaji Ryuunosuke CV: Kamiya Hiroshi
Kinose Azusa CV: Fukuyama Jun
Hoshizuki Kotarou CV: Ishida Akira
Haruki Naoshi CV: Kishio Daisuke
Mizushima Iku CV: Yusa Kouji
Shiranui Kazuki CV: Nakamura Yuuichi
Oozora Hayato CV: Hirakawa Daisuke
Amaha Tsubasa CV: Suzumura Kenichi
There's also a special guy called Kagurazaka Shiki voiced by Miyano Mamoru.

I wonder how they'll handle this like are they making a short anime for each planetarium cd (in other word focus on three guys each) or one anime with all 12(13?) guys

Btw heroine's name is Tsukiko and she's the only female student in the school
CHRONICLE_KEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 20:54   Link #5
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
WHAAAAAT?! STARRY SKY IS GETTING AN ANIME ADAPTATION?! asdfgdhjkl; (and announced just after I sleep moreover orz)

GOD EXISTS.

Also to people who really think it's personification of Zodiacs, actually it isn't so much Sure the concept is like that but for those who has been following this, it turns out that it's just the guys have quite exact personality described by the Zodiac he is in. The characters are unique enough to follow (oh along with cheesie lines indeed) which is why this series pretty much dominate Amazon.jp's sales chart in "Sound CDs", and the... Well, game part actually also get lots of attention. The original is that good for girls anyway.

And don't compare it with Miracle Train (which imo, is, admitedly, not so much attractive to me), this one doesn't really went *sparkles* and *sparkles* with no absolute meat/story-the characters' relationships are quite highlighted and this doesn't mean Male-Female/pairing relationship only (which I hope is implemented in the anime too )

And this goes into my definite list of following indeed. :333 Though I do have problems in seeing how it would be made into anime, I really want it to go original, since uhh... Well, there are problem if they follow the games exactly. Also, good anime illustrator please~~ Kazuaki's art shall not be reduced to smithereens!

(Now to finally replay all of the games <33333)

P.S: And exactly one month after I thought MoneyHoneyBee will try to sought anime fans. Maybe I shouldn't jinx any of games again

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-12-08 at 00:23. Reason: added small details bfr sued >_>
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 01:30   Link #6
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

I still haven't jumped onto the Hetalia bandwagon yet & Miracle Train...I just couldn't take it serious (I watched it for the LULZ)

But the character designs for this one intrigues me, so I might keep an eye on it.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 16:31   Link #7
Coruja

DO WANT.

Ah, I didn't even watch/like Hetalia that much, but the bishounen and the fandom kind of made it for me... It's fun, and it makes my yaoi fantasies come true.

They are pretty indeed. I am excited. *fangirls*
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:31   Link #8
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Ah... This is an adaption of an Otome game~. So! It's not a rip-off of Hetalia, actually. The guys' personalities are based on their signs (and the game's split up through the seasons those signs are in) but even so... Could you edit your post with that? Just to keep it accurate, since I doubt people will look beyond the first post for info on it.

That said, I'm interested in how they adapt this one. I'm hoping for an open ending. Although... how does one adapt Tsukiko? She's like the typical H-Game protaganist: no face! Plus, I don't think she has a seiyuu. Or I'm mind-blanking. Again.

This will be fun to see, just to see how it differs from the game. 8)b

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Kyanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 22:39   Link #9
CHRONICLE_KEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
That said, I'm interested in how they adapt this one. I'm hoping for an open ending. Although... how does one adapt Tsukiko? She's like the typical H-Game protaganist: no face! Plus, I don't think she has a seiyuu. Or I'm mind-blanking. Again.

This will be fun to see, just to see how it differs from the game. 8)b
This won't be hard after all many Bishojo games main characters'
don't any faces nor seiyuus

and yeah should be interesting how they'll adapt this
CHRONICLE_KEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 23:33   Link #10
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
what is the plot of this XD I have to know
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 01:34   Link #11
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
what is the plot of this XD I have to know
Well, the thing is, uhh... Some of us are not really sure how and what they would adapt Considering the game is practically cluttered into 4 different games, it would rather be a suicide to practically adapt it. Seriously, I can't really think of how to connect them all together without going original, especially with how Spring ends...

Then if they are taking the Date CDs concept, can't say I got any idea how to make that LOL

Anyway, the background of the game itself (or rather the heroine's reason why she is a lone girl in the school):

Spoiler for Probably Spoiler for those who can't read Japanese and don't know a thing about the game portion:

Also, new announcements from the official site:

Series Organizer: Fujisaki Ayuna
Character Designer: Fujii Maki
Animation Studio: Studio Deen

They also provide character's sketches for Spring Characters. I admit they tried their best to stay original. LMAO @ how the eyes received details though haha.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-12-10 at 02:02. Reason: Typed Maki to Kimi due to brain dead ;; FIX'D
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 05:06   Link #12
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRONICLE_KEY View Post
This won't be hard after all many Bishojo games main characters'
don't any faces nor seiyuus

and yeah should be interesting how they'll adapt this
Hmm, good point. I guess what I should say is I'm interested in how they adapt Tsukiko~. That'll be fun to see. I just hope her face isn't too generic, though that's a weird nitpick of mine. Part of me is expecting a Yuki Cross look-alike, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Oh, geez. Animation/Artwork can really make or break a series for me, sometimes, but ...I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for the info and link to the site though!

Old 2009-12-10, 08:31   Link #13
Tempester
is making a new theme.

I'm very open (and even desiring) new bishounen anime, but not has only Studio Deen has grabbed this (why do they just have to get everything good?), the director is that of Vampire Knight, which I found terribly executed and boring. I'll give this a chance, since I'm a fan of bishounen in anime.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 11:30   Link #14
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Also, new announcements from the official site:

Series Organizer: Fujisaki Ayuna
Character Designer: Fujii Maki

They also provide character's sketches for Spring Characters. I admit they tried their best to stay original. LMAO @ how the eyes received details though haha.
I will be guessing Studio DEEN might work on it, because they worked with Animate for Hetalia. The character designs looks great on paper, who knows whether it'll work in animated form.

I remember reading on some blog of personification of animation studios, and Studio DEEN is a bishie (while KyoAni was a moe blob). Studio DEEN and Yumeta together pretty much do all the new works on all new bishonen/fujoshi anime.

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2009-12-10 at 14:29. Reason: lack of proof reading skills
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 13:46   Link #15
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

lol I see I'm not the only one bothered by Studio Deen.

I personally don't like them (one because of Vampire Knight) and their animation....isn't that great.

If the series is good enough, I'll forgive that aspect.
Hope they pull it off.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 20:12   Link #16
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

I AM SO DAMN HAPPEHHH. *tears of joy*

When I heard of Starry Sky getting an anime adaptation not so long ago, I certainly felt like jumping up and down. It's sad how it's only a web-anime but as long as there is one and they keep it near the original, I'm fine ^^

Though I am just wondering, who will she end up with? I doubt that she'll end up with one guy only so the best way they could do it would be in 12 different unrelated arcs with her ending up with each guy in each arcs. *shrugs*

Love me, Hate me, I don't care as long as you're with me
kirapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 04:11   Link #17
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirapika View Post
I AM SO DAMN HAPPEHHH. *tears of joy*

When I heard of Starry Sky getting an anime adaptation not so long ago, I certainly felt like jumping up and down. It's sad how it's only a web-anime but as long as there is one and they keep it near the original, I'm fine ^^

Though I am just wondering, who will she end up with? I doubt that she'll end up with one guy only so the best way they could do it would be in 12 different unrelated arcs with her ending up with each guy in each arcs. *shrugs*
I like that idea. XD Tohzuki is my fave, so I was hoping he'd get the girl, but it would be awesome if they could do that! All the guys deserve some spotlight like that.

But like you said, this is a web-anime... Has there ever been a series that aired on the internet that was longer than five minutes? Seeing as this is HONEY BEE, it's more likely this will end up being more of a promotion for the CDs and games. Booo...

I really hope not though. While I'm not opposed to just a 4koma-y thing with the boys, I love shoujo and I thought Starry*Sky was brilliant for how it treated the heroine respectfully. So yeah... I would like to see more of that in anime. You can never have too much well-treated males and females in anime.

Old 2009-12-12, 04:51   Link #18
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'm very open (and even desiring) new bishounen anime, but not has only Studio Deen has grabbed this (why do they just have to get everything good?)
It's always a matter of past success. When a show is popular, the industry decides that the creative combination (anime studio, director, etc.) is a winner, regardless of whether it's really true. The sponsors then pitch similar projects to the same people again.

Think of how much work Chiaki Kon gets these days. People complain about her work a lot on the Internet. But so long as shows like Junjou Romantica, Nodame, and Higurashi bring home the money, she's considered an A-List pick for similar series.

That said, things may be catching up, with Umineko bombing, and with Kon dismissed from the Hanasakeru Seishounen production.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 07:37   Link #19
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Fruits Basket married Ouran High School and this is their child.
And with the director of Vampire Knight as its tutor...

FAIL!
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 08:20   Link #20
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
It's always a matter of past success. When a show is popular, the industry decides that the creative combination (anime studio, director, etc.) is a winner, regardless of whether it's really true. The sponsors then pitch similar projects to the same people again.

Think of how much work Chiaki Kon gets these days. People complain about her work a lot on the Internet. But so long as shows like Junjou Romantica, Nodame, and Higurashi bring home the money, she's considered an A-List pick for similar series.

That said, things may be catching up, with Umineko bombing, and with Kon dismissed from the Hanasakeru Seishounen production.
Chiaki Kon just have good material to work with. I only seen Junjou Romantica and Nodame, I don't feel her influence in the show made the show better, anyone could have directed and still been a good show. A good director given crap to work with, such as Kasai and Miracle Train, the show isn't going to end up great. The most a good director can do to a crap series is to make it medicore.

I'm not the biggest fan of bishounen shows, but I'm okay with them. Studio DEEN isn't going to put alot of effort into this. Look at Hetalia, it's a cash cow for them now. They don't seem to put alot of effort into this even after it earned money.