AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-26, 23:10   Link #441
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
You may say that, but it's getting harder to be "just right" since the attention span of a modern viewer is pretty short.

To me, Bakuman as an anime is meant for someone with a patience, and my consensus by looking at anti-Bakuman rants from gg is that most of them have the attention span of a squirrel.
Hi. I'm from gg.

I've been following the Bakuman manga since it first came out. This was 2 or so years ago. I take it that squirrel's in fact have very long attention spans and see your comment as complimentary. Thanks!
__________________
aka koda aka miasmacloud
schneizel.com
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 10:22   Link #442
trolldetector
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Hi. I'm from gg.

I've been following the Bakuman manga since it first came out. This was 2 or so years ago. I take it that squirrel's in fact have very long attention spans and see your comment as complimentary. Thanks!
gg troll detected!

trolldetector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 14:12   Link #443
Horse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolldetector View Post
gg troll detected!

Registing another username just for that, huh? Where is xris when you need him?!
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 17:28   Link #444
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
nice ep, because it was ABOUT MANGA

quite nice actually

don't like that Eiji's 'handler' much


Mashiro annoyed me a bit during the ep, but by the end it was ok


next one seems to have Miyoshi action
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 17:43   Link #445
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
I sometimes wonder how Shujin is dealing with Mashiro... really wish that he would lose his cool on him at least once...

I must be dumb but I don't understand Mashiro AT ALL! 3rd place for beginers is REALY good! It means that people did enjoy the idea and realization of their work. All they need is to find what was lacking and just improve it and make better, it wasn't a complete lose! Hattori could tell them what to make better in order to get first place.

Correct me if I'm wrong but jumping around like that and getting high scores seems a bit unrealistic for me. By Hattori's reaction in preview looks like they created something great again... there is no way they will get 1st place by randomly running around.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 18:00   Link #446
Kallen4life
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
I must be dumb but I don't understand Mashiro AT ALL! 3rd place for beginers is REALY good! It means that people did enjoy the idea and realization of their work. All they need is to find what was lacking and just improve it and make better, it wasn't a complete lose! Hattori could tell them what to make better in order to get first place.
I hear ya .. but Mashiro wants some tail as soon as possible, that means realizing their dreams (because he can't get any before that), which means he needs serialization and Azuki needs an anime from that to be a seiyuu in .. and by 18 they're legal, so that pesky serialization would be the only thing between him and some lovin


:O
__________________
When we hunt, we kill
No one is safe
Nothing is sacred
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 21:18   Link #447
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
Page 11. Chocolate and NEXT

For a change of pace, this eleventh episode featured more relationship content than just focusing on manga.

Miyoshi's a funny character, and she adds a delicious spice to the dynamics of her rising relationship with Takagi.

Now, they discussed about how come Azuki and Mashiro are refraining from letting their feelings be known to each other. The depth in that relationship symbolizes that those feelings bloom while being nurtured with their dreams.

For sake of those dreams, they have to postpone confessing to each other in person, but in no way means their love is strained.

They promised, after all, to marry once achieving their separate dreams.

And, while Mashiro and Takagi got aboard to get serialized in NEXT issue, that's only to pave the way for Niizuma Eiji's manga, since the vice-editor and the captain viewed as best to promote the future manga talent's work along with other works of people the same age as him.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 22:12   Link #448
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
I hear ya .. but Mashiro wants some tail as soon as possible, that means realizing their dreams (because he can't get any before that), which means he needs serialization and Azuki needs an anime from that to be a seiyuu in .. and by 18 they're legal, so that pesky serialization would be the only thing between him and some lovin


:O
That makes things even dumber, but you know my opinion on that.

But where is garantee that Azuki will get a chance to become a seiyu for their series? Producers won't take in some random girl unless she is really talanted.

And nor we, nor Mashiro himself, know how good she is.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 00:42   Link #449
larethian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I sometimes wonder how Shujin is dealing with Mashiro... really wish that he would lose his cool on him at least once...

I must be dumb but I don't understand Mashiro AT ALL! 3rd place for beginers is REALY good! It means that people did enjoy the idea and realization of their work. All they need is to find what was lacking and just improve it and make better, it wasn't a complete lose! Hattori could tell them what to make better in order to get first place.

Correct me if I'm wrong but jumping around like that and getting high scores seems a bit unrealistic for me. By Hattori's reaction in preview looks like they created something great again... there is no way they will get 1st place by randomly running around.
it's mainly because Hattori told them he thought they could beat Niizuma, and the fact that they were first in the early results. So dropping to third in the real deal was a shock.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 01:21   Link #450
totoum
Backstop
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I sometimes wonder how Shujin is dealing with Mashiro... really wish that he would lose his cool on him at least once...

I must be dumb but I don't understand Mashiro AT ALL! 3rd place for beginers is REALY good! It means that people did enjoy the idea and realization of their work.
Yeah but they got a taste of what it felt like to be first,that's why he's so disapointed,if they hadn't been first in the early results they wouldn't have been so disapointed,he let himself get carried away and acted like 1st place was in the bag so it was a chock when he found out it wasn't.
Not to mention that because of they only got 3rd the name they've been working on became useless,so that's pretty fustrating too.


Liked the episode,special mention to the OST which I actualy quite liked in this episode,and the episode adapted 2 chapters instead of just one,if the episode next week does the same thing then I'm looking forward to one of my favorite part of the manga getting animated
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 09:43   Link #451
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Why useless? They are not last, that name they had produced could be re-done and improved.

I know how it feels when you get hyped and then loss, happened to me as well but in sports. But Mashirio still is over reacting in my eyes.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 10:13   Link #452
totoum
Backstop
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why useless? They are not last, that name they had produced could be re-done and improved.

The name was made to be a "chapter 1" of a manga,but even if you rework it and improve it , it has no chance of getting published since the manga it was supposed to be the first chapter of will never get published because they didn't come first.
Might as well work on something else.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 10:59   Link #453
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
That was harsh, the way Masahiro ripped up those names they'd slaved over. I get it, but still a mistake.

I look forward to seeing how this develops, because it seems as if the lads (with Hattori's help) had decided to pursue their own style rather than consciously try to go mainstream. But I think Hattori's obsession with beating Niizuma's editor is spilling over onto the boys, and not in a good way. Hattori is a good guy and a good editor, but he's losing sight of the big picture and risks using the boys the same way Niizuma's editor is using him. It is generating a pretty interesting dilemma around the nature of artistic integrity and commercialism, though.

Hopefully we see the complaint posts die down just a little, now that we had some actual relationship development this week.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 16:26   Link #454
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The name was made to be a "chapter 1" of a manga,but even if you rework it and improve it , it has no chance of getting published since the manga it was supposed to be the first chapter of will never get published because they didn't come first.
Might as well work on something else.
Is it that harsh?

Cinsidering how many manga are out there, it is hard to believe that 3rd place would not get published =/
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 17:17   Link #455
totoum
Backstop
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Is it that harsh?

Cinsidering how many manga are out there, it is hard to believe that 3rd place would not get published =/
You're right , 3rd place would normaly be enough to be considered,but remember,they're high schoolers,so their editor basicly told them initialy he wouldn't let them be published until they're out of highschool no matter what,even if they got first place,then after the boys insisted a bit he told them he's consider it if they got first place,but was still very much against the idea (remember he's against the genius Eiji being serialised as well!If he was Eiji's editor Eiji might not have had his manga serialised)

Their plan was to get first place and say "Remember you said you'd consider our manga for serialisation,well we got 1st place,and you know the name we brought,it isn't for another one shot,but for the 1st chapter of "money and inteligence"" and hope Hatori would be wowed enough to talk to his superiors about their manga being serialised.
This backfired on them badly,they got 3rd place so they didn't fill the condition they'd agreed on with Hatori so there's no way he'd consider looking at the name of a first chapter.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 17:40   Link #456
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I look forward to seeing how this develops, because it seems as if the lads (with Hattori's help) had decided to pursue their own style rather than consciously try to go mainstream. But I think Hattori's obsession with beating Niizuma's editor is spilling over onto the boys, and not in a good way. Hattori is a good guy and a good editor, but he's losing sight of the big picture and risks using the boys the same way Niizuma's editor is using him. It is generating a pretty interesting dilemma around the nature of artistic integrity and commercialism, though.
Hattori has Mashiro and Shujin's best interests at heart. He doesn't even want them to be serialized until they finish high school. Another editor would have miked them like cows. Furthermore, he's always been straightforward with them, even going as far as to revealing they were getting used as a foil for Eiji by the editing staff. I don't think we have to worry about him using them.

Right now, Mashiro is the one losing sight of the big picture. He's hell-bent on getting his anime as soon as possible and doesn't mind using short cuts for that. This will surely come back to bite him in the ass sooner or later.

Anyone like Azuki a bit more after this episode? That was when I started liking her in the manga. She's a lot more fun when she's not around (loved how she made of fun of Mashiro's wall of text).
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 18:04   Link #457
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I don't think Hattori is doing it on purpose, and he does want to do right by the kids. But every other word out of his mouth seems to be "Niizuma" and I think it would generally be healthier if they didn't hear anything about him. He's obviously consumed with Niizuma and I think he's inadvertently made them - especially Masahiro - consumed with him too. The best thing he could do now, I think, would be to strongly advise the boys not to consciously try and write a mainstream manga just for the sake of trying to win a readers poll...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 19:26   Link #458
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You're right , 3rd place would normaly be enough to be considered,but remember,they're high schoolers,so their editor basicly told them initialy he wouldn't let them be published until they're out of highschool no matter what,even if they got first place,then after the boys insisted a bit he told them he's consider it if they got first place,but was still very much against the idea (remember he's against the genius Eiji being serialised as well!If he was Eiji's editor Eiji might not have had his manga serialised)

Their plan was to get first place and say "Remember you said you'd consider our manga for serialisation,well we got 1st place,and you know the name we brought,it isn't for another one shot,but for the 1st chapter of "money and inteligence"" and hope Hatori would be wowed enough to talk to his superiors about their manga being serialised.
This backfired on them badly,they got 3rd place so they didn't fill the condition they'd agreed on with Hatori so there's no way he'd consider looking at the name of a first chapter.
Well that does make sence more now... still Mashiro's reaction was quiet harsh, he could at least talk to Suijin first. Instead he is making all desicions himself and Suijin always follows them without speaking out his mind.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 12:08   Link #459
demonkevy666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: the bowls of hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrelol View Post
Spoiler for should said that wasn't photochoped lol:


You should read the manga.
LOL I though that was photochoped to look like that but no. LOL!
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 13:08   Link #460
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't think Hattori is doing it on purpose, and he does want to do right by the kids. But every other word out of his mouth seems to be "Niizuma" and I think it would generally be healthier if they didn't hear anything about him. He's obviously consumed with Niizuma and I think he's inadvertently made them - especially Masahiro - consumed with him too. The best thing he could do now, I think, would be to strongly advise the boys not to consciously try and write a mainstream manga just for the sake of trying to win a readers poll...
Consumed? That's a little strong. I don't think Hattori cares all that much about Niizuma. He acknowledges him as a genius like pretty much everyone else, but that's it. He's only using Niizuma to motivate Mashiro and Shujin, and it's working. Rivalry is good... as long as he doesn't turn into obsession, which I agree is what is starting to happen to Mashiro. I don't think it's necessarily Hattori's fault though. Mashiro is getting obsessed with Eiji because he's around the same age as him and keeps beating them.

I'm sure Hattori will do exactly what you want him to and strongly advise them against doing mainstream.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.