AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-06, 18:26   Link #761
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Azuki and Mashio's 'romance' is probably the worst part of this series.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 18:50   Link #762
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Realistically, Sasaki is the only one with the emotional distance and experience to make this decision
Sasaki was the editor of Mashiro's uncle remember...
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 20:29   Link #763
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
And what kind of choice was that, anyway? It's one thing to discuss things when some compromises or sacrifices have to be made (like, say, one half of the couple has a great job opportunity halfway across the country). It's another to use emotional blackmail to get your way.
Dude, get off your high horse... if ur on one...

Because mashiro was not perceiving it as "Azuki's emotional blackmailing me to get her way ! what a terrible woman !"

This is irrelevant.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2011-11-06 at 21:21.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 22:00   Link #764
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Dude, get off your high horse... if ur on one...

Because mashiro was not perceiving it as "Azuki's emotional blackmailing me to get her way ! what a terrible woman !"

This is irrelevant.
Don't put words in someone's mouth,nowhere in the post you quoted was Azuki called a terrible woman.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 22:08   Link #765
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
that's why I said "if" in the 1st sentence.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 02:33   Link #766
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Dude, get off your high horse... if ur on one...

Because mashiro was not perceiving it as "Azuki's emotional blackmailing me to get her way ! what a terrible woman !"

This is irrelevant.
He did point out that what she did (emotional blackmail) was worse than what he did (calling her bluff). They understand and love each other, so they also forgive each other. It doesn't mean Azuki should get a free pass if Mashiro doesn't. (See the post I was replying to.)
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 03:48   Link #767
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Aight. it's all cool. I think we shouldn't be so harsh on either of them, in terms of their relationships.

Mashiro did postpone his drawing several episodes ago just so that he can cheer azuki up.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 09:59   Link #768
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I just watched episode 5 and 6 and wow did time fly. Episode 5 was all over the place, but episode 6 slowed down a little. I'm surprised that Azuki held Mashiro's hand for him to continue drawing.
__________________
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 11:15   Link #769
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Mashiro sure has balls and that's admirable but his desire has turned in obsession and it never leads to anything good. Just look at his insane eyes! I understand that if they take a break, they might lose a lot but if Mashiro will die, they'll lose even more! Looks like his uncle's death didn't teach him a thing, I'm syrprised that no one has even mentioned it. I hope that chief will come up with something because if Mashiro will keep it up like that he:
a) will lose quality, drawing when your whole body is shaking is no good
b) he will die, there are so many people who had died because of over working

I really won't be able accept if everything goes smoothly for Mashiro, life is not that fair.

And wow! Azuki and Mashiro finally had the first body contact!

P.S. I also think that Mashiro is losing his main purpose/goal... wasn't it all about Azuki? Now he says that manag is more important than her?
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 11:27   Link #770
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Mashiro sure has balls and that's admirable but his desire has turned in obsession and it never leads to anything good. Just look at his insane eyes! I understand that if they take a break, they might lose a lot but if Mashiro will die, they'll lose even more! Looks like his uncle's death didn't teach him a thing, I'm syrprised that no one has even mentioned it. I hope that chief will come up with something because if Mashiro will keep it up like that he:
a) will lose quality, drawing when your whole body is shaking is no good
b) he will die, there are so many people who had died because of over working

I really won't be able accept if everything goes smoothly for Mashiro, life is not that fair.

And wow! Azuki and Mashiro finally had the first body contact!

P.S. I also think that Mashiro is losing his main purpose/goal... wasn't it all about Azuki? Now he says that manag is more important than her?
I wonder if this is the same way his uncle died, overworking and not resting.

I don't think Mashiro is losing his main purpose/goal. In fact he is looking in the long run and not short. Unlike his uncle I think Mashiro will be alright he is young and can get the job done. Mashiro goal is for Azuki to be the voice actor of his anime, so they can get married. Just like his uncle, who wanted to reach his goal to become famous before asking Azuki's mom out. Mashiro's goal right now is to get as fast as possible in releasing the anime, so it doesn't end up like his uncle. The only difference is that Azuki actually supports Mashiro and it is both their goal unlike his uncle which was one sided.
__________________
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 12:21   Link #771
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
^The way you've put it makes him one hell of a bastard actually =/

And just because you are young, doesn't mean you are on safe zone. Heath Ledger was also young but he died from over working and taking medicine's and stuff.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 20:15   Link #772
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze what an episode. Though might be simpler to just tell him he's been put on hiatus by the Editor. Though suppose with Mashiro this crazed he probably wouldn't stop. They are going to need someone with a whole lot more force and presence to do something here. Takagi is stuck in the position of not wanting his friend to self-destruct, but also the personal position of wanting him to keep going so their manga can succeed. The Azuki gambit has failed and now she'll be more of a hindrance to anyone trying to stop him.

Maybe the only one in a position to do something here in the Chief Editor. I'd like to say his mother could do something but not too convinced for some reason. Would agree that just because he's young doesn't mean it's fine for him to keep going like this. If he dies then that's it. But suppose if he wants to join his uncle in the grave then that's his call. Clear that no one in the room in the end of the episode can stop him.

Do wonder if the quality will fall though. Mashiro is hardly working in ideal circumstances and there will be stress on Takagi as well. The decision might be made for them if Trap rapidly falls. If the health of the author is the chief concern then they might not fight too hard to save Trap from being cancelled.

On a certain level I really want to just hit Mashrio despite the whole hospitalized thing. I get where his head is, but it's just frustrating to watch this guy right now.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 20:36   Link #773
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
I can understand where Mashiro is coming from, I myself am in similar situation. I really like the sport I do but I constantly keep getting seriously injured for the last like 7 years, it is beyond frustrating and depressing. I can't reach the top like that.

But the difference between us is that I'm not paranoid and mentally obsessed despite really liking what I do and my life is not in death/life situation. Though scars will probably hurt a lot in my old age =/
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 21:18   Link #774
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
New Page 4: Support and Patience

Both the tension and friction between Ashirogi and Miura-san was portrayed very naturally, that I could relate with the characters by putting on their shoes.

It's understandable the boys worrying over the rankings for Trap falling, while getting confused learning about Miura's too optimistic outlook on their current approach.

Miura's yet to build-on experience as a seasoned editor for Jack with barely two years at the post, but he was losing his grip to keep the authors calm.

And what an adult person trapped in a tense situation is to first panic in order to regain his or her cool and reflect about the recent course of actions to make the mind upon setting a solution.

Trap's a mystery-genre manga running in a shounen magazine, and such style has yet to garner fans, unlike battle mangas which made impact right from the start of their serializations.

Mashiro understood that patience bears fruit, and they have to let Trap to grow on its own by exposing that world to the readers interested to pick their title.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 02:43   Link #775
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
I wonder if this is the same way his uncle died, overworking and not resting.

I don't think Mashiro is losing his main purpose/goal. In fact he is looking in the long run and not short.
No he's not. Manga's an endurance battle: he can afford a hiatus, or even the loss of his series, a lot more easily than he can afford permanent damage to his body.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 03:26   Link #776
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No he's not. Manga's an endurance battle: he can afford a hiatus, or even the loss of his series, a lot more easily than he can afford permanent damage to his body.
Yeah it does seem like he's much more focused on the short term battles than thinking about what he said about making a series that can stay at the top for a long time consistently. It's about the colour pages of today and not down the road, beating Eiji right here, and of course getting that anime quickly. The short term losses if they go on hiatus are too much for him to accept. Unfortunately no one that finished that episode with him can put that into words. Either being overwhelmed by his focus and determination or having personal value in him continuing to draw for the short term.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 04:59   Link #777
kniteowl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Wow the 2nd season caught me by surprise, the first season was mostly cliff hanger ending and lots and lots of suspense.

The 2nd season had a little suspense in the beginning then come the Guy who draws in the Park and then Mashiro Drawing to death, I agree with the editor, watching Azuki help him with the pen, even I couldn't at that very moment ( I blame the background music) it was a very good scene.

I do agree Mashiro is stupid for making the decision to continue drawing but yeah... apart from that the episode was very good, favourite so far.
__________________
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 10:05   Link #778
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Exactly, Mashiro is stuck on present and doesn't give a damn about future. Even if he recovers it doesn't mean that danger is left behind. Eventually he will end up as his uncle and will die or in worse case he will become disabled in some way, the worst case would be hands.

A break for recovery is needed! What he is doing right now is not show of his courage but show of his short seeing.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 22:06   Link #779
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
New Page 5: Comedy and News

For this fifth episode it was evident from the beginning that Mashiro would inevitably collapsed from overwork and due to neglecting healthy rest.

As with any other stressful environment, serializing as a professional manga-ka puts pressure, and if something doesn't go as planned the inner instincts tell anyone to freak out or feeling they're trapped; Hiramaru-san intruding at other manga-kas' home and slipping his complaints about dreading those stress situations is a clear example from what a determined manga-ka must not follow.

But, anyways, the point is that Mashiro got too obsessed with TRAP performance in the survey results that he went too great lengths with the sketching, pencilling, inking, and drawing. He doubled his pace to make room for art improvement learning that TRAP gradually began to rise in the rankings.

So, Ashirogi have come to the reach of another milestone in their path of becoming true manga-ka.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 14:52   Link #780
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Spoiler for 7:
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.