AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 17:17   Link #981
Guido

New Page 22: Hint and Best

This is the episode that turns around the events for Ashirogi Muto where we witness them rising from the abyss.

Unintended serious humor to deliver catharsis to the readers is very important in story where the setting allows it to, and this was a lesson that Hattori imparted on Miura, Takagi, and Mashiro.

But, I can't help to feel that Hattori manipulated from pairing Iwase with Niizuma at the beginning so as for the boys to make the wake-up call by themselves just for this moment.

However, Takagi's serious humor experiments with trailing Hattori undetected all the day were just damn hilarious, particularly watching Hattoris' awkward reactions to Iwase attempting a flirt on him.

So, I cross my fingers and bet that "Perfect Crime Party" will pass the serialization meeting on the next episode.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:53   Link #982
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next for them. So we know that the new manga script is supposed to be extremely good, but can it beat Eiji? However, I wouldn't put it past the editor in chief to turn it down and kick them out of Jack. At that point, I really believe someone should kick out the editor in chief and replace him with the second in command, who seems more reasonable.
And I quote myself here for emphasis. Just as I thought. The editor in chief is someone who really does not deserve to be in the position he is in. Truth be told, it is his ego that is creating the problems in Jack right now. He believes he is right, and that is all that matters to him.

Well, we'll see next week if he follows through on his threats. Either way, it is a lose, lose situation for him. If he does not follow through, then he is a liar and loses credibility. If does follow through, then he is an prideful idiot. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 2012-03-16, 23:10   Link #983
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is Sasaki’s M.O. – he tries to apply some kind of twisted personal vision of the samurai code to the comics business, and ends up screwing the authors who work for him and the magazine that pays him. It’s the stupidity of the hospitalization fiasco repeated all over again – Sasaki backs himself into a corner with his stick-up-the-ass rigidity, and leaves no way to do the right thing without sacrificing a little of his pride (and he’d sooner die). It was only because Mashiro is equally as strong-willed – and because Ashirogi have a great set of friends – that Sasaki was forced to compromise back then. But I don’t see an easy way out now.

My suspicion is that PCC is too damn intriguing and has been given too much exposition in the story to be tossed aside, and one way or another it’s going to get published by “Jack”. Jack Square, maybe – would that satisfy Sasaki’s idiot pride?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 00:18   Link #984
TheEroKing
On a Break

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
"The manga will be published as long as it is interesting". Sasaki is such a hypocrite.
Old 2012-03-17, 00:36   Link #985
bumbayker

How did season 2 go? I kinda stopped watching at around episode 10 and focused on the manga. Does it look like a season 3 will be produced?
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 00:59   Link #986
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Season 3 is already confirmed for fall.
Old 2012-03-17, 02:49   Link #987
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

The Chief Editor is such a dick. You can't compare manga of different genres like that. It's bullshit, and I think all the editors knew it. Their reaction to taking a vote was indication enough.

I personally hope Ashirogi Muto move on to another magazine and then proceed to kick Jack's sorry butt. But that probably won't happen. I just hope I get to see Sasaki renege on something. His stubborn pride is just too much to bear. Makes me want to break fragile objects.
Old 2012-03-17, 03:54   Link #988
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well considering all the focus given to it, have to think this is going to be the manga that Ashirogi goes with, besides they are out of time. Somehow Sasaki is going to have to be overturned on this one. He has truly been a pain to deal with all season and now we've reached the peak of it. He's definitely setting himself up to create a great deal of resentment. Niizuma won't appreciate that Ashirogi will have to go to a different magazine. One of their best author's motivation will go into the ground and they will lose authors who are now hitting their stride.

Wonder if Fukuda will be able to affect things. Has been feeling pretty out of it and his manga seems to be at a point where it could end soon.

This whole vote was ridiculous to begin with. If their options decided which manga beats which then they wouldn't need the surveys to begin with. The whole basis of rankings comes from the audience and yet they are going to decide whether or not PCC like this? If they can't make the call then give PCC the one-shot and put it head to head against Niizuma.
Old 2012-03-17, 04:27   Link #989
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Playing devil's advocate there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
"The manga will be published as long as it is interesting". Sasaki is such a hypocrite.
He did say that, but he didn't mean you could take a shit on his desk and hope to have a professional relationship with him.

Of course, what Ashirogi did wasn't that bad, and he's partly at fault too - it all could have been resolved more peaceably and, more importantly, more privately. But all the same, that was the deal: they abandoned a somewhat interesting manga, but promised to come back with one that would rival Niizuma's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
The Chief Editor is such a dick. You can't compare manga of different genres like that. It's bullshit, and I think all the editors knew it. Their reaction to taking a vote was indication enough.
They compare every manga in Jack every week, regardless of genres. You can question their methodology, but no one (none of the characters, anyway) is arguing against the fact they should have surveys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This whole vote was ridiculous to begin with. If their options decided which manga beats which then they wouldn't need the surveys to begin with. The whole basis of rankings comes from the audience and yet they are going to decide whether or not PCC like this? If they can't make the call then give PCC the one-shot and put it head to head against Niizuma.
The serialization committee is the gate keeper to those surveys for every series published in Jack. The only differences is that they usually work by consensus, and they've set the bar higher this time.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 04:33   Link #990
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I personally hope Ashirogi Muto move on to another magazine and then proceed to kick Jack's sorry butt. But that probably won't happen. I just hope I get to see Sasaki renege on something. His stubborn pride is just too much to bear. Makes me want to break fragile objects.
You do realize that Bakuman is a manga from Shounen Jump which Shounen Jack was derived from. So it won't happen ever. If you follow the manga a lot things happens in Jump/Jack that may or may not be to your liking. If Im' not mistaken season 2 ends somewhere around chapters 80 - 90 of the manga which about halfway to where the current chapter of the manga. The anime has a long way to go.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 13:28   Link #991
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Damn you Sasaki! What will happen now.
Old 2012-03-17, 14:53   Link #992
ookamigirl

I liked that they showed us their manga so that we could see what's it about.
So far I really liked it and I would read something like that.
Niizuma is unique, that's a fact and whatever he takes on he makes a success.
Competing against that is... hard.
I agree with the committee, it was not on Niizuma's level, but than who is? No one.
Wonder if they go to a different manga magazine now..

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:53   Link #993
Kallen4life

How can anything win just like that against already popular on-going ? Impossible rule

On the other hand - don't good 1-st chapters always get 1-st/2-nd place in the polls ? What's the fucking logic ?

So did they serialize nothing then ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 23:20   Link #994
maplehurry

on a side note, are takagi and kaya still virgins ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 00:15   Link #995
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
on a side note, are takagi and kaya still virgins ?
Um - they're married and living together. Why on Earth would they be?
Old 2012-03-18, 03:00   Link #996
spidey
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to spidey
Man. Guess I'll stick to the manga. Can't stand to wait for the next episode...
spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 09:10   Link #997
tempest3991

Assuming this is a popular manga and anime, and will get a third season...anyone else notice the quality of animation seems to be dropping to rock bottom?

I love the show, but I'd like to think they could at least throw a few more dollars into the production.....especially since its about creating anime/manga
tempest3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 10:10   Link #998
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest3991 View Post
Assuming this is a popular manga and anime, and will get a third season...anyone else notice the quality of animation seems to be dropping to rock bottom?

I love the show, but I'd like to think they could at least throw a few more dollars into the production.....especially since its about creating anime/manga
NHK is pretty much notorious for often underfunding anime projects, especially ones like Bakuman which are meant to run for longer time than most series. I can hardly recall watching a NHK sponsored anime that wasn't underfunded.

Super Hero Legends OP was pretty much the height of Bakuman's animation quality. As long as they don't turn into literal Powerpoint presentations (voiced manga segments aside) I'm not gonna let myself be bothered by it.
Old 2012-03-18, 12:06   Link #999
totoum
Gamer

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I can hardly recall watching a NHK sponsored anime that wasn't underfunded.
I know NHK underfunds (except dennou Coil?) but still stuff like Kobato,Kemono no Sou-ja Erin or even phi brain also airing right now look better.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:10   Link #1000
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I know NHK underfunds (except dennou Coil?) but still stuff like Kobato,Kemono no Sou-ja Erin or even phi brain also airing right now look better.
Kobato was only 24 episodes and had it's ending planned from the very start so you can't really compare the budget that got to Bakuman which will be on it's third 25 episode season this year. I'm not sure whether NHK is currently approving it for further seasons based on reception or if it was planned for a three 2 cour season run like Tsubasa Chronicle originally was. Whatever's getting Bakuman it's sequels it's certainly not the home media sales.

Phi Brain looks plenty underfunded to me, though still above Bakuman. It's only finishing it's first season now so it remains to be seen if the second season will experience a further dip in budget or not. I haven't seen Erin so no comment, which is why I said often and not always. Looking it up, it ran for 50 episodes and the character designs are fairly simple, which could have helped with their budget allocation.

Anyway budget talks aside, episode 24 is out!
Spoiler for episode 24:
One more episode to go before the saddening lack of Bakuman every week until the third season comes around. :<

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen