AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 28.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 20.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-13, 05:12   Link #121
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Yes, it's weird and just changes specifications to give him a plot win. Unfortunately that is something that I do not enjoy thus my dislike to Touma. Kiyama being careless in order for Misaka to win that I can accept but giving Touma suddenly having weird specs on his power to win that I cannot accept.

And don't get me wrong. I enjoyed this episode but I just don't agree to the claims that Misaka, a middle school girl, has any significant battle experience at this point of the story.
Actually why change any specifications - it's always the same since the first episode. The only thing tht changes is his understanding of his power.
And Kiyama was careless because all she wanted was to escape from there and she didn't want to kill anyone. If she wanted that wouldn't be a problem since if she uses more than 3 abilities aa a time like she didn when she was defending Misaka wouldn't stand a chance even if they weren't level 5 abilities. And Kiyama could have used way more than 3. Her whole plan was based on not hurting anyone and just getting the info.
And I aslso believe she doesn't have any significant battle experience but it again depends ot what you consider actual bttale expirience in the To Aru universe.

As I said my only concer was that Misaka wasn't scared, she didn't actually think about any of Kiyama abilities and how to counter them thus I got the impression she was confident she was going to win when she should have been in a really though situation in reallity. With and with all the fights in Railgun up till now plus cutting the scene with Touma where she was actually scared make it look like she'll always win and she feels confidence that she can take down her oponent no matter hwo obviously stronger they are and that's just inconsistent with her character.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 05:27   Link #122
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
With and with all the fights in Railgun up till now plus cutting the scene with Touma where she was actually scared make it look like she'll always win and she feels confidence that she can take down her oponent no matter hwo obviously stronger they are and that's just inconsistent with her character.
Which particular scene with Touma are you referring to?
Old 2009-12-13, 06:31   Link #123
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Previous ep with Touma where she thought he was going to hit her. Touma stopped. In the manga they met again after that. The day after the bridge incident was an extention of their conversation. Touma bluffed his way and Mikoto was scared that if he was serious he can permanently take away her ability. Mikoto does not understand the specifics of Touma's power.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 07:11   Link #124
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
btw, does anyone notice that the girl who looks almost like Ritsu Tainaka from K-ON!
Edasaki Anri, also has the SAME seiyuu of Ritsu (Satomi Satou) from K-ON! ? lol
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 07:43   Link #125
tsunade666

The little girl? Now that you mention it it does look like one. Poor ritsu got scramble brains by the computer.

And about the time that index blow the tree diagram away probably few days after this incident. Because I think it should be still the time touma meets kanzaki after that a week or days for it before the dead line on index brain to explode or so the higher ups of the necesarius says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
As I said my only concer was that Misaka wasn't scared, she didn't actually think about any of Kiyama abilities and how to counter them thus I got the impression she was confident she was going to win when she should have been in a really though situation in reallity. With and with all the fights in Railgun up till now plus cutting the scene with Touma where she was actually scared make it look like she'll always win and she feels confidence that she can take down her oponent no matter hwo obviously stronger they are and that's just inconsistent with her character.
Any of the level 5 are always confident wit their ability. Remember that. They are LEVEL 5 OF GAKENTOSHI! They are only 7 of them in the entire city. So its understandable that they are confident with their mastery of skills. Well their confident seems to be always break when they meet up with IB.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 08:35   Link #126
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Any of the level 5 are always confident wit their ability. Remember that. They are LEVEL 5 OF GAKENTOSHI! They are only 7 of them in the entire city. So its understandable that they are confident with their mastery of skills. Well their confident seems to be always break when they meet up with IB.
Well they have to be out of touch with reality to do the stuff they do.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 08:36   Link #127
Joe_fh

Quote:
Their third encounter in the Reilgun manga. You can check it for yourslef sicne I don't want to spoil it. No that someone didn't already answer this above^^
On it's own that scene wouldn't change anything but when you add it to how they handeled the fight this episode I just get that feeling.

Quote:
Well wasn't it already covered that she knows how hard one needs to work and power is not everything. She even hit the bomber guy instead of zaping him to proove a point.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 09:24   Link #128
tsunade666

but the way she fights shows her confidence even if she clearly says that.

Well then I will ask you what do you think of her bold ways on attacking? and she even says that she's holding back. She like high and mighty for me. Just some psycho before. She's even confident that she knows well on how to handle low level espers. Its just show how strong she is and her control over her power is great. Well to me its just plain confidence on their own skill. And it just happens to be her skill is the product of her daily hard work to level her up. But she's not the only one their is still much worse than her.

Even if one's works hard to attain what they currently have doesn't really mean that they didn't change from with in.

AND DON'T GET ME WRONG HERE I LIKE BIRIBRI! I'M NOT A BIRIBIRI HATER!!!!!!!!!
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 13:11   Link #129
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
I'd have to disagree with that. Seeing the strength of the skills Kiyama is doing I'd say she's doing at least lvl4 strength on all skills. The level of the skill depends on the brain and with her network it's not so far fetched if she even reaches lvl5 strength on all the skills she's doing.

The network isn't about the individual level of the LU users. The network helps people perform their skills better.
Yeah but a lvl.4 has many restrictions like the weight and teleport radio. Ah! in the original material Kiyama used telekinesis to toss the can behind Mikoto....again exclusive anime thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
those kids, how about their parents!? their family!? are they going to hide that aswell!?
They are orphans

Quote:
And kiyama hasn't really met the number 1 and 2 yet. So his practically looking down on level 5 if she think that that's all misaka can do. When she look back.
Totally agree, I'm sure Kiyama can't survive ehh....15 seconds? against the number 2.

Quote:
Dispelling the magical force that created Ellis does not equate to negating the force behind the punch. It's the same reason why Touma has to dodge the things Accelerator throws at him cause catching it is supposed to be lethal. I'm calling it a plot win because wow just for some weird reason his ability nulling hand suddenly applied weird science in order for Touma to win.
Ellis= one, things(I-beams)=many, thats why Touma has to dodge them, he only has one Imagine breaker...the materials used to create Ellis are non magical but all the movement was supported by magic, so the effects of them are also nullified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Otherwise, the author could've just let Touma push Hyouka away like you suggested, and make him touch the golem later.
It's the fault of the author rather than the character being full of himself.
Hey.... Index was behind Hyouka.. Touma pushing Hyouka= Index crushed

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
One question,hope someone anwser please, when the Tree diagram was destroyed?I forgot when that happened.
The night of the same day when Mikoto fought Kiyama, when Index used the Dragon Breath in the first arc of the series.
In the morning Touma was still KO because Kanzaki kicked his ass three days ago.
Old 2009-12-13, 13:49   Link #130
velvet nightmare

so what i'm getting out of reading some posts is that actual experience in using abilities is not a factor. it was pointed out that kiyama was so reckless with her abilities that even if she got herself into trouble with it, she'd just cover it up with another ability. so this would show improvisation similar to misaka magnetizing her feet.

im terms of actually getting into fights, it's a little fuzzy here. from previous and future fights, it would seem that misaka gets the edge and wins by either improvisation of ability to surprise the other person or just raw power. im inclined to think kiyama can think of more ways to use her multi abilities to outwit misaka. as for power vs power, it's hard to say, is there anything in kiyama's repetoire that can block a rail gun shot? i think there probably is

so even with all that, humor me this, even if she does get hugged by mikoto i can still think of many ways for kiyama to get out of that hug or detecting it, so again i'm inclined to think that this is a plot win

even still looking at it on paper, a multi user who hasnt fought a lvl 5, and a lvl 5 who hasn't fought a multi user before, then it would fall to kiyama to be careless to lose, and hence the plot. i mentioned before, if she built herself a little hut made of concrete, she could have just ranged mikoto to death using god knows what abilities, fire ice wind gravity anything.
Old 2009-12-13, 13:58   Link #131
Haak
F**k my life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
btw, does anyone notice that the girl who looks almost like Ritsu Tainaka from K-ON!
OMG! I was TOTALLY thinking that too.

Another brilliant episode. You really have to feel for sensei. Her backstory was just so well done. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect score was because it was very convenient. That weird fetus thing at the end was scary though.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:04   Link #132
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
if she built herself a little hut made of concrete, she could have just ranged mikoto to death using god knows what abilities, fire ice wind gravity anything.
We are not talking about some kind of super-soldier who calmly analyzes the situation while bullets are whizzing by his head. You are talking about a woman who is disturbed and neurotic at baseline ... and now she is hysterical and freaking out because being intelligent she must have realized that by now she is screwed big time.

In any case, in a work of fiction any outcome is "plot win" or "plot lose". Sure, you can classify that as "plot win" but I don't think it was particularly egregious. By the same token Kiyama's win against Anti-Skills is "plot win" as well (not a single one of them tried a head shot? Really?).
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 17:15   Link #133
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
We are not talking about some kind of super-soldier who calmly analyzes the situation while bullets are whizzing by his head. You are talking about a woman who is disturbed and neurotic at baseline ... and now she is hysterical and freaking out because being intelligent she must have realized that by now she is screwed big time.

In any case, in a work of fiction any outcome is "plot win" or "plot lose". Sure, you can classify that as "plot win" but I don't think it was particularly egregious. By the same token Kiyama's win against Anti-Skills is "plot win" as well (not a single one of them tried a head shot? Really?).
i don't know if we're watching the same show, but she shows extreme calmness during her fight. christ she even falls off the bridge with her hands in her pocket and gently lands. she only loses control after mikoto screws up the network with her shock

or read the manga for the fight, she CLEARLY analyzes the exploding can strategy

you're talking about anitskill trying to make headshots when she has a plethora of abilities that can negate bullets. telekinesis, terrakinesis, hydrokinesis hell even dummy check would do the trick, take your pick
Old 2009-12-13, 17:23   Link #134
WildArms
Come on, become a legend

Nice episode wish touma would appear in next one to help in the fight somehow but it doesnt feels like it will happen.
Anyway this ep was ok
WildArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 17:26   Link #135
karuroso

Quote:
Spoiler for Index show:
Thanks, I forgot that satelite was the Tree Diagram
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 20:35   Link #136
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Looks like I wasnt the only one thinking of Ritsu when I saw/heard that girl.

Creepy fetus, I wont sleep well tonight.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 20:45   Link #137
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
You are talking about a woman who is disturbed and neurotic at baseline.
I don't think I would have ever even thought to describe Kiyama this way. This is a woman who when hot in a building with no air conditioning will simply undress because it's the next best way to cool off. She seems like the very definition of cool, calm, and collected . . . and shameless.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 21:34   Link #138
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I don't think I would have ever even thought to describe Kiyama this way. This is a woman who when hot in a building with no air conditioning will simply undress because it's the next best way to cool off. She seems like the very definition of cool, calm, and collected . . . and shameless.
OK, perhaps I am injecting too much "real world" interpretations into "anime world".

If I were to run into someone like that in real life, my first thought would have been "wow, someone forgot to take their meds today".
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 00:42   Link #139
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Mikoto: "She's using powers without a second thought of being caught in them!"

Capt. Price: "Since when did Kiyama-sensei care about danger close..."

I can't wait for the next episode. ANIMATED TENTACLE RAEP YESH!!!

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 00:45   Link #140
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

Not my favorite episode... 7/10, even 6/10.

I have one big complaint to the authors, first of all to director and animation director of this episode. Wtf? It was supposed to become a climax, one of the best episodes of the series if not the best - cause it was featuring the best and cutest character of Railgun / Index universe. It was Mikoto's eppie! What I was expecting were a lot of Mikoto's cuteness and lots of action scenes where Mikoto would shine with her beauity and her natural charm (as well as her bravery and her prowess). At least two previous episodes allowed me to hope for this.

But, to my frustration, they changed animation team again. The animation for this episode is a freaking joke! Technically, all is okay. But girls aren't cute! Uiharu isn't cute. And what is the most awful - Mikoto isn't cute, at least not as cute as in previous episode, by far. The problem isn't only the animation of faces, and total absence of Mikoto/Uiharu close-ups, they, the animators, lacked something fundamentally important in their work, as though they over-concentrated on all the action and on plot events and forgot about the thing which is the core of the whole series - about characters cuteness / attractiveness.

Well at least seiyu work was as perfect as ever.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote