AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-20, 01:45   Link #181
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I hope that there will be a OST CD coming out for this second season of Oofuri. I would definitely buy it just like I did for the 1st OST CD (and all the R2J DVDs as well).
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 13:54   Link #182
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
I hope that there will be a OST CD coming out for this second season of Oofuri. I would definitely buy it just like I did for the 1st OST CD (and all the R2J DVDs as well).
You'll be pleased to know they already released the S2 OST last month.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7693
Old 2010-06-21, 11:37   Link #183
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Well, technically there's enough material to make another series of 13 episodes at the end of this one. They decided to split because... well, you'll understand it. Personally I think it is the correct choice to do so.
Definitely need a 3rd season! And a 4th, and so on til the end of the manga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
As for the gender popularity. There are quite a lot fujioshis that like this title, but they were upset in the past chapters by some inner declaration of heterosexuality from all the team members and also because Asa-sensei continues to draw the hairs on the players' legs. Fujioshis would prefer them hairless. They complained a lot about these two issues ....
Interesting. But since when does something like declaration of heterosexuality from the characters become a matter to fujoshis? As for the other issue, I can quite understand but hey, that's more reasons for more anime episodes to be made because from what I've seen (from last episode), Abe's leg is hairless in the anime.
Old 2010-06-22, 09:01   Link #184
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
You'll be pleased to know they already released the S2 OST last month.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7693
Actually, this month (tomorrow, technically) =P Anyway, thanks for the CD code. I ordered it from Amazon Japan
Old 2010-06-22, 19:20   Link #185
jpwong

Oh lol, I kept wondering why they didn't have a picture on it. It's cause the other CDs I want from other series come out next month, I keep thinking I'm a month ahead.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 21:43   Link #186
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Wow, you're right, leongsh. The music especially as the game finished was very well done, very emotional. The entire episode was fantastic, one of Oofuri's best. So great to see Mihashi's development. Even though the odds were so low, I was still hoping Nishiura could pull through somehow right up until the last second.

Pretty sad that I won't have any show that I look forward to quite as much as this one (and Tatami Galaxy) next season....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 01:15   Link #187
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Wow, you're right, leongsh. The music especially as the game finished was very well done, very emotional.
The OST #2 CD is playing in my player. Just received it from DHL a couple of hours ago. Loving it a lot. For me, the CD is worth it.

They have tunes from the 1st season which was missing from the 1st OST here. For example, the tune used at start and the end of Episode 25 in Season 1 when at the beginning of the episode, Mihashi recalls what Kanou spoke to him about, and at the end, when he dozes off after sending a message to Kanou.

Quote:
The entire episode was fantastic, one of Oofuri's best. So great to see Mihashi's development. Even though the odds were so low, I was still hoping Nishiura could pull through somehow right up until the last second.
I think most of us following the show and have watched Episode 12 was willing Nishihiro on. The tune playing when he was at bat in Episode 12 is Track 8 in the CD.

Quote:
Pretty sad that I won't have any show that I look forward to quite as much as this one (and Tatami Galaxy) next season....
At least, I have the monthly serialisation of Oofuri to follow.
Old 2010-06-24, 19:19   Link #188
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Subs are out for 12!

Spoiler for just in case:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 21:11   Link #189
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 12:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 02:14   Link #190
firehawk12

So next week is the finale then? Oh well... another long wait I guess.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 06:50   Link #191
Connavar

What is confirmed its only 13 eps ? I dont watch previews.

I have watched baseball anime before but i must wonder is the national championship,the holy Koshien once a year ? Is it the summer tournament ? What is the fall tournament ? I try to wiki up this info but it doesnt say much.
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 11:15   Link #192
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Wow, you're right, leongsh. The music especially as the game finished was very well done, very emotional. The entire episode was fantastic, one of Oofuri's best. So great to see Mihashi's development. Even though the odds were so low, I was still hoping Nishiura could pull through somehow right up until the last second.
Well, it's small consolation for the fans who may never get to see the next two years in these players' lives play out, but it's kind of a welcome dose of realism not to see Nishiura make a miracle run to Koshien. After all, this is a team of all first-years - basically 15 year-olds and a few 16 competing against mostly 17 year-olds and a few 18. In addition to the obvious emotional maturity issues, for boys the difference in physical strength and coordination between 15 and 17 can be huge. It's something of a miracle that they made it as far as they did.

The fun would be seeing them mature over the next two years (a la Cross Game) and continue to pursue the Koshien dream. Whether anime viewers will ever get that chance is a matter of considerable doubt.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 14:38   Link #193
tsunade666

Is it confirmed that the episode 13 is the last? because I don't see previews.... but it's too short.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 16:44   Link #194
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is it confirmed that the episode 13 is the last? because I don't see previews.... but it's too short.
Episode 13 is the last broadcast episode of Season 2, which is entitled, "Ookiku Fruikabutte - The Summer Tournament".
Old 2010-06-26, 16:59   Link #195
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, it's small consolation for the fans who may never get to see the next two years in these players' lives play out, but it's kind of a welcome dose of realism not to see Nishiura make a miracle run to Koshien.
Oofuri has been playing the realism angle in respect of the baseball games. It's not going to throw it all away by giving us a miracle run.

Quote:
After all, this is a team of all first-years - basically 15 year-olds and a few 16 competing against mostly 17 year-olds and a few 18. In addition to the obvious emotional maturity issues, for boys the difference in physical strength and coordination between 15 and 17 can be huge. It's something of a miracle that they made it as far as they did.
Actually, that's what the manga does in having Shiga-sensei point out the differences and that they would be working on building up muscle mass, etc in planning for the next tournament/year. The Nishiura team of only 1st years are still within their growing stages.

Quote:
The fun would be seeing them mature over the next two years (a la Cross Game) and continue to pursue the Koshien dream. Whether anime viewers will ever get that chance is a matter of considerable doubt.
For the anime viewers to ever get the that chance, they have to contribute to make the show a success so that the argument for making sequels is compelling. In other words, buy the original Japanese DVDs/BDs so that they have a high enough number to make a strong financial case of making another season. Those that sit and pout/moan/grumble/demand for another season but don't buy the DVDs/BDs to make it happen should either put up by buying the DVDs/BDs or just keep their silence.
Old 2010-06-26, 19:10   Link #196
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
What is confirmed its only 13 eps ? I dont watch previews.

I have watched baseball anime before but i must wonder is the national championship,the holy Koshien once a year ? Is it the summer tournament ? What is the fall tournament ? I try to wiki up this info but it doesnt say much.
There are two tournaments at Koshien Stadium each year, once in spring and once in summer. Most baseball anime/manga focus the summer Koshien tournament.

The summer one is the national championship. You qualify for winning your prefectural tournament - which is no easy feat. Just qualifying for the summer Koshien tournament is a huge accomplishment - if you recall in the first season, there's an episode where they show the draw for the prefectural tournament. The board showing all the teams is huge. In one episode this season, it was mentioned that the 5th round is the final 16 teams, which indicates how big the prefectural tournament is.

There's also a spring Koshien tournament, which is an invitational - the tournament organizers invite teams to compete. You can get an invitation by doing well in various regional tournaments held the previous fall.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 10:21   Link #197
Connavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
There are two tournaments at Koshien Stadium each year, once in spring and once in summer. Most baseball anime/manga focus the summer Koshien tournament.

The summer one is the national championship. You qualify for winning your prefectural tournament - which is no easy feat. Just qualifying for the summer Koshien tournament is a huge accomplishment - if you recall in the first season, there's an episode where they show the draw for the prefectural tournament. The board showing all the teams is huge. In one episode this season, it was mentioned that the 5th round is the final 16 teams, which indicates how big the prefectural tournament is.

There's also a spring Koshien tournament, which is an invitational - the tournament organizers invite teams to compete. You can get an invitation by doing well in various regional tournaments held the previous fall.
Wow so they have to win prefectural tournament that is huge too.

Good to know its summer tournament that is important and the spring is different.

Thanks alot i understand better know. In most anime like this they tend to assume you know every difference.

In the latest ep the coach was talking about there is something else for them this summer. I wonder what she means if they lost in qualifications.
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 17:18   Link #198
DarciisFyer

Anyone know what chapters in the manga this anime season covers up to?
DarciisFyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 14:32   Link #199
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but apparently the DVD will carry an additional 12.5 OVA episode because they couldn't fit some material into the television series.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 19:22   Link #200
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

I hang my head in shame for not watching this when it started to air since I'm a huge fan of the series but due to certain circumstances I couldn't till now and I just catching up.
It's weird, baseball as a sport is something I actually think is quite boring to watch and don't think much of at all really altho good fun to play yet as a manga and anime it's real joy to read and watch.
and oddly it's actually my favorite sports series, how that came about I'll never know

All I'll say right now is I've totally enjoyed this as much as I did the 1st season and can't wait till I'm caught up.

oh and this series has some pretty awesome OP and ED for both seasons

Tags
baseball, seinen, sports