AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-27, 21:44   Link #141
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I'm super pumped to see episode nine with the change in strategy. And the innings are really flying by aren't they, makes me think that Nishura still has a chance to win and get to the next game.

Me too after the episode is was like no don't end there I want to see how their change in strategy works.
Old 2010-05-27, 22:24   Link #142
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Fantastic episode. I was glued to the screen, and frustrated when it ended. Can't wait to see Nishiura's comeback.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 23:09   Link #143
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Ep. 9: good as usual. However, is it my imagination or is the pace going much faster than last season?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 02:22   Link #144
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Ep. 9: good as usual. However, is it my imagination or is the pace going much faster than last season?
Yeah, I said a similar thing around episode three. The dialogue seems faster then usual, they're skipping minor things from the manga (that didn't happen in the first season IIRC) and overall everything seems faster.
Old 2010-05-28, 09:14   Link #145
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess this will only be a 13 episode series? That would explain them wanting to finish this match and wrap up everything.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 09:46   Link #146
XiaNaphryz

Quote:
I guess this will only be a 13 episode series? That would explain them wanting to finish this match and wrap up everything.
I don't think there's enough manga material for them to go beyond that many eps.
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 20:08   Link #147
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

There isn't? The manga's like 70-80 chapters long already right? That's enough material for at least 50 episodes (since it's a monthly manga). Anyway can't wait for more OoFuri. Hope Central will release soon.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 20:47   Link #148
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
There isn't? The manga's like 70-80 chapters long already right? That's enough material for at least 50 episodes (since it's a monthly manga). Anyway can't wait for more OoFuri. Hope Central will release soon.
You're forgetting there was already a season 1. I think the anime's around chapter 46/47/48 somewhere. I think at best the could pull off 26 episodes for season 2, defiantly no more than that. They may even be opting to keep it short so a third season (if they make one) doesn't have to wait forever for the manga to move forward.
Old 2010-06-03, 04:01   Link #149
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Actually there are only 29 chapters so far, but each chapter is somewhat around 60-70 pages long.
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure this is the case and the problem is that there is not enough material for a two cours show but too much material for an one cours show hence the rushed feeling.
Old 2010-06-03, 08:30   Link #150
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Actually there are only 29 chapters so far, but each chapter is somewhat around 60-70 pages long.Yeah, I'm sure this is the case and the problem is that there is not enough material for a two cours show but too much material for an one cours show hence the rushed feeling.
Is that the volumized numbering scheme or the monthly publication numbering scheme? I'm under the impression that they have two separate numbering formats for their chapters.

But I agree that 26 episodes would probably be pushing it. And then there's the fact that if the series remains popular and they wanted to do a season 3, if they animated right up to where the manga is for season 2, they'd probably be waiting years just to get enough material to go forward. But by stopping short like this, they can go ahead much sooner so that people don't forget about the anime in the shuffle of other shows.
Old 2010-06-03, 09:41   Link #151
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Is that the volumized numbering scheme or the monthly publication numbering scheme? I'm under the impression that they have two separate numbering formats for their chapters.
The manga volumes have different numbering of chapters. The monthly serialisation should have reached the 80th monthly chapter/instalment (January 2010 was the 76th serialisation chapter). Each monthly instalment is about 30-40 pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
But I agree that 26 episodes would probably be pushing it. And then there's the fact that if the series remains popular and they wanted to do a season 3, if they animated right up to where the manga is for season 2, they'd probably be waiting years just to get enough material to go forward. But by stopping short like this, they can go ahead much sooner so that people don't forget about the anime in the shuffle of other shows.
There's enough material available for the 2nd season to have 26 episodes but it would be an awkward location to stop if they did so.

Last edited by leongsh; 2010-06-03 at 11:24.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 21:39   Link #152
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
The manga volumes have different numbering of chapters. The monthly serialisation should have reached the 80th monthly chapter/instalment (January 2010 was the 76th serialisation chapter). Each monthly instalment is about 30-40 pages.

There's enough material available for the 2nd season to have 26 episodes but it would be an awkward location to stop if they did so.
damn episode 10 was exciting what a cliffhanger. I wonder how mihashi will do.

their is not enough material for a 26 episodes or even 50 episodes. Unless they do a bunch of fillers and anime only stuff. Episode 10 has nearly caught up to the manga. My guess this anime will be 13 episodes.
Take a break and let the manga get farther along and then possibly make a 3rd season.

Now back to episode 10 man wow
Spoiler for spoiler for 10:
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 02:14   Link #153
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

what a very embarrassing high-five. all for the good laughs though.
Quote:
damn episode 10 was exciting what a cliffhanger. I wonder how mihashi will do.

their is not enough material for a 26 episodes or even 50 episodes. Unless they do a bunch of fillers and anime only stuff. Episode 10 has nearly caught up to the manga. My guess this anime will be 13 episodes.
Take a break and let the manga get farther along and then possibly make a 3rd season.
Isn't this match against Bijou already over in the manga? or not. But anyway, a 13 episode season would be fine instead of fillers.
Old 2010-06-04, 19:04   Link #154
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
their is not enough material for a 26 episodes or even 50 episodes. Unless they do a bunch of fillers and anime only stuff. Episode 10 has nearly caught up to the manga.
You are wrong that there is not enough material for 26 episodes in the 2nd season. Definitely not 50 episodes but 26 episodes is very doable. Episode 10 of the 2nd season has only reached Chapter 49 of the monthly serialisation. They are behind the monthly serialisation by at least 28 chapters (March 2010 - Chapter 77 of monthly serialisation - that's what I have in hand). Each anime episode uses up about an average of 1.5 chapters of the monthly serialisation.

The manga tankouban release is far behind the monthly serialisation. Unless you are up to date with the monthly serialisation and know where the anime has reached with respect to the monthly serialisation, it is best that you do not comment on the sufficiency of material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
My guess this anime will be 13 episodes.
The 2nd season episode count will likely be 12 or 13 episodes due to the fact that there is a natural break-off point.

Last edited by leongsh; 2010-06-04 at 21:04.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 00:27   Link #155
gonzo562

well i still believe their is not enough material for 26 episodes unless they do some fillers

13 episode 2nd season and another 13 episode 3rd season down the line maybe im completely wrong and they will do a 26 episode 2nd season

now back to episode 10 wow they might lose now
Spoiler for spoils:
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 02:18   Link #156
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
It's me who made that mistake, so thanks for the correction.
Old 2010-06-05, 22:37   Link #157
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Is it me, or does Ren seem to have regressed further into deep neurosis-land this season? My memory may be faulty but I remember him getting just a bit less insane by the end of the first series. In season two he seems nuttier than ever, if anything.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 09:19   Link #158
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I was thinking the same thing actually, it seemed that by the end of the first season he was opening up more and able to take a joke but ran back to the starting point here. I suppose you could blame part of it on stress from the tournament? And maybe the writers just forgot since they're trying to flesh out all the other characters this go around too.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 09:20   Link #159
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Is it me, or does Ren seem to have regressed further into deep neurosis-land this season? My memory may be faulty but I remember him getting just a bit less insane by the end of the first series. In season two he seems nuttier than ever, if anything.
I think it's you.

While Ren did become more stable by the end of season1, it was very clear he was still rather neurotic and odd. But the other boys had started to get used to him a little, and that combined with their first victory was really helping him out.

Remember though that this was a fragile stability based on 2 things. First, that he's now "a true ace" because he won games for the team. Second, the idea that he could depend on Abe's pitch calling.

Recent events have placed both of those ideas under a lot of stress, so it's no wonder Ren is backsliding a little.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 11:22   Link #160
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I think it's you.

While Ren did become more stable by the end of season1, it was very clear he was still rather neurotic and odd. But the other boys had started to get used to him a little, and that combined with their first victory was really helping him out.

Remember though that this was a fragile stability based on 2 things. First, that he's now "a true ace" because he won games for the team. Second, the idea that he could depend on Abe's pitch calling.

Recent events have placed both of those ideas under a lot of stress, so it's no wonder Ren is backsliding a little.
Well, it sounds like you're saying it's not just me - rather offering an explanation for why Ren has regressed. All valid points, as were Wandering Dreamer's. And I'm not disagreeing than Ren is under a lot more stress now, it just seemed to me that he'd already regressed by the first act of episode 1, which was odd considering there was no time skip, really.

I like Ren actually, and I've defended him in the past. And I think some of the fault - a lot, actually - lies with Abe, who hasn't done a very good job tailoring his approach to his audience, IMO, largely due to his own insecurity. I guess it just feels to me that there wasn't much continuity in Ren's character progression between seasons.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, seinen, sports