AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2009-12-19, 22:32   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Kishimoto's interview at Jump Festa 2009

I haven't read anything concerning the 2009 interview (I am currently traveling), but someone pm'd me concerning it, and asked to start a thread. So, here you go.

All discussion concerning the 2009 interview will be confined to this thread. Please move all post from the 2008 thread here (I will leave it to others (for now at least), to find and post the Q & A).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 23:14   Link #2
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The Q & A From Kishimoto's Jump Festa Interview

Credit for translation goes to Sho from NF.
Spoiler for Part 1 (Summary with Kakashi info and Naruto vs Sasuke):

Spoiler for Part 2 (Sakura's current actions and future):

Spoiler for Part 3 (Shikamaru/Naruto bond, Shikamaru romance, Naruto's training, Kakashi future):

Spoiler for Part 4 (Danzou fight aftermath, Team Taka, Sasuke more evil?):

Spoiler for Part 5 (Full Interview Part 1):

Spoiler for Part 6 (Full Interview Part 2):

Last edited by DeDe; 2009-12-19 at 23:27.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 06:33   Link #3
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

So Naruto is training to get stronger, my guess is he might learn more wind jutsu or due to the revelation of who his father is he might learn some more of Minato's techniques and try to improve on it.

This however means that Sasuke will get stronger so be prepared for more "OMG!! SASUGAY IS HAX!! PLOT NO JUTSU LOL!!!!"

Also WOOHOO!!! KAKASHI IS FINALLY IN THE SPOTLIGHT! I HAVE WAITED YEARS FOR THIS!! KAKASHI WILL FINALLY BECOME USEFUL AGAIN!!!

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 06:51   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Naruto learning some fuuton would make him a proper ninja in the NARUTO world, can't tell if that would be development or taking away one of his traits though...Kakashi getting more attention is always good, since he is the impersonation of cool. Shikamaru being Naruto's right-hand man sounds kinda weird, I had expected him to be with all the rookies...as for Sakura, it's about time she actually did something.
Quote:
This however means that Sasuke will get stronger so be prepared for more "OMG!! SASUGAY IS HAX!! PLOT NO JUTSU LOL!!!!"
More like "feel the power of d4rkn3ss surging up in meeeee!", which totally fits classic shounen villains, so if Kishi decides to make a Naruto VS Sasuke the last event, Sasuke might as well be evil to the core. Can't tell what lameness that implies for the words after the fight though, because Naruto has to save Sasuke at the very end...can't end Naruto with a bad end :O
Old 2009-12-20, 07:34   Link #5
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I like what he says.
In my opinion, Shikamaru's job is exactly both: being with the others and being Naruto's right hand. Who else can talk sense into Naruto? He has done that before. It's his job to make Naruto a proper Hokage. He will likely be the catalyst for Naruto's personality development.
Old 2009-12-20, 07:46   Link #6
Deathscyther

I guess Naruto will finally learn to control the Kyuubi...especially since Killerbee survived and has been found. And Jiraiya told the 'key' to go to Ibuki as well. I guess it's finally time to use it.
Old 2009-12-20, 10:15   Link #7
Ero-Senn1n

So it seems that Sasuke will not be able to kill Danzou? If he kills Danzou he won't have so much hate any more i think. Danzou will probably use the Uchiha blood/eyes that he implanted in himself against Sasuke, and that will enrage Sasuke even more. Also Madara will think something like: "just as planned"
So that Sasuke becomes a Darth Vader in the end, in that case Madara will not fight himself but will use Sasuke to fight. And i was hoping to see some action from Madara, but it seems he wants to rely on Sasuke.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 13:50   Link #8
TyG3R

Nothing about Madara. Dissapointing.
TyG3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 13:58   Link #9
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
So it seems that Sasuke will not be able to kill Danzou?
so Chalk up another loss for sasuke?
It's kinda funny that we are supposed to take him seriously as a villain
Diedara? more or less a stalemate
Itachi? loss
Killer bee? failed capture
Kage summit? loss
Danzou? maybe loss
Destory Kohona? most likely a loss

add in some comic relief and he makes about as credible villain as team rocket
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:24   Link #10
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
I don't quite get these lines, They're especially vague and im hoping someone will clarify.

"The end, how should I say, since the next scene(s) of what I want to write is established, then that is what I'll go write"
終わりまでの展開が決定したというよりはラストに向けて描きたい場面を決めただけらしい
It would seem that rather than having made a decision on the developments until the finish, he settled on writing just the scenes he wants to write for the end

So what does that mean? Has he thought of the ending already or is he making things up as he goes along?
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 19:22   Link #11
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobocheez View Post
I think he's already set on an ending, but is just making stuff up as he goes to fill everything in between.
I think a lot of people set up stories like that

1. Main Character wins peoples heart
2. ????
3. Main character fulfills dream
4. Profit

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 20:40   Link #12
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobocheez View Post
I think he's already set on an ending, but is just making stuff up as he goes to fill everything in between.
He clearly stated that many things are not decided yet, i don't think it's bad, you can't just sit down and create the whole story in one day, the manga is going on for 10 years, there's no way to plan everything out for such a long period of time. Sub-plots like the Shikamaru-Temari relation can be used when necessary, the side characters were always used as plot devices (for example Hinata jumping in and saving Naruto from Pain).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 22:09   Link #13
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I actually don't care what he does and how he does it as long as he does it. If you ask me, in my opinion the story can go anywhere. I just like to think about what will happen, too.
I like the routine of reading the story regularly. There are other stories and I follow them as well.
Old 2009-12-21, 00:04   Link #14
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for naruto:
Old 2009-12-21, 04:31   Link #15
Haak
F**k my life...

Lol. Kishimoto just completely dismisses the idea of Sakura being a Hokage. And apparently he thinks a realistic female character is a deceptive one. Seriously?!?!?! So what's his view on Hinata then?
Old 2009-12-21, 05:12   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ To be fair, the enemy kunoichi fit that description better (for example the sound ninja at the preliminaries). They're supposed to pull scissors and needles out of their hair, mess with people's senses (hence the extensive use of genjutsu by Kurenai) and win through trickery.
However, this is Naruto we're talking about, and such characters don't really fit its battle-ready world...although stealth got some closure
Old 2009-12-21, 10:12   Link #17
gundamnu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Spoiler for naruto:
LOL at the thrid one, did you not read the interview buddy?
gundamnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 11:38   Link #18
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnu View Post
LOL at the thrid one, did you not read the interview buddy?
Nothing is certain for now.
Old 2009-12-21, 14:05   Link #19
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Well just because she is still loony for Sasuke doesn't mean jack. To become more heroine like she'll have to learn to stop being gaga for idiots who use kill all logic. And consdering the last fight thing I think he'll either never snap out of his idiocy (and die) or give up in the end (since he obviously can't win in such an end fight).
Old 2009-12-21, 14:16   Link #20
justavisitor

Yes, the manga will focus on Kakashi next year!! Hope it does not mean that Kakashi will die next year

The only surviving character that still fights like the ninja...all other characters are fighting like magicians these days XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote