AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Old 2010-01-08, 16:09   Link #221
Warlord90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
It really feels that this arc is moving a lot slower then others. Which is surprising when you consider how much is going on. I think what is partly to blame is that there have been so many full page panels.
Maybe it's because it's a very important arc in the series and full of action.
So Oda might just slow the things down to increase the suspense. It's quite cool though. The worst thing is that every chapter now has 10-13 pages. That sucks!!

The Royal Shichibukai !!!
Warlord90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 17:27   Link #222
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord90 View Post
Maybe it's because it's a very important arc in the series and full of action.
So Oda might just slow the things down to increase the suspense. It's quite cool though. The worst thing is that every chapter now has 10-13 pages. That sucks!!
Not only that, but there seems to be a lot more breaks then normal.
Old 2010-01-08, 17:29   Link #223
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki

Indeed, also Iv got a feeling that we will be saying good bye too Whitebeard after this arc or next arc. Why? its mostly a hint but believe it or not Whitebeard design and character is of a person that Oda knew.

Whitebeard's character design is based on the owner of the pub Oda liked going to. The owner often sat down in the store with medical equipment hooked up to his nose and drank calling sake "medicine" while telling war stories. Whitebeard's own line in his first appearance, "I'm not talking to any snot-nosed airheads." was in fact an exact phrase the owner often said to customers. Unfortunately the pub owner passed away by the time Oda revealed this fact.

Which is why I suspect he will die
Old 2010-01-09, 14:28   Link #224
marvelB

^Yeah, Oda's story about Whitebeard's design origins is one of the reasons why I really like the character. However, I'm not entirely certain that the passing of the pub owner will also inspire Whitebeard's passing in the manga. I have the feeling that upcoming event may be something that Oda planned far in advance, probably even before his friend the pub owner died.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:44   Link #225
Prestige

We seem to have some uncormfimed spolers... 90% certainty they are fake.

You know the usual ''Dragon arrives, Supernovas arrive, Strawhats arrive''

I wish those fake spoilers would be bit more creative...they have been making fake spoilers with Dragon's arrival over 10 chapters now.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:18   Link #226
PrototypeX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post

I wish those fake spoilers would be bit more creative...they have been making fake spoilers with Dragon's arrival over 10 chapters now.
Dont forget my favourite fake spoiler of all times : Blackbeard finds Pluton & Posedion in Impel Down.
PrototypeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:19   Link #227
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
Dont forget my favourite fake spoiler of all times : Blackbeard finds Pluton & Posedion in Impel Down.
I admit I falled for it... but I really want to see what Blackbeard is actually looking from depths of Impel Down.

It could be just recruiting run but I think there is something below level 6...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:20   Link #228
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post

Any evidence that those spoilers are fake? I hope the "Strawhats arrive" bit isn't fake. I don't want the One Piece story to have a saga that has Luffy looking for his crew one member at a time especially if Nami has to be the last member to be found.

< "I can't take anymore of the separation anxiety in this story."
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:33   Link #229
james0246

Quote:
I remember that one...I loved it .

The 2 most legit sounding spoilers are still pending, but one of them supposedly comes to us from the spoiler provider Apprentice, and he or she has been getting us early spoilers for the past few months now. So, one of these pending could very well be true (and we will probably find out by tomorrow morning).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 20:46   Link #230
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
If one of those weapons are indeed in impel down, then I expect his to take it and destroy both whitebeard and the marines in one shot while they are gathered there. You won't get a much better chance than that.

Actually that would be a pretty cool thing to happen
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 19:38   Link #231
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
If one of those weapons are indeed in impel down, then I expect his to take it and destroy both whitebeard and the marines in one shot while they are gathered there. You won't get a much better chance than that.

Actually that would be a pretty cool thing to happen
HAHAHAHAHA I don't post comments that much anymore, but the image that creates in my head is hilarious

What is... One Piece?

NOW NO ONE WILL FIND OUT
Old 2010-01-13, 01:37   Link #232
seiji_kun

Pics are out, aohige seems online and with such a long break I can see him translating them like he usually does. Chapter seems to good again for words. Finally the Luffy vs Garp is starting which was one of the things I was looking most forward to, I wonder if it'll go like I expect. Let your grandson do his thing Garp.
Old 2010-01-13, 01:43   Link #233
james0246

So Apprentice's spoilers seem to be true (at least the title is...kind of)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 01:54   Link #234
andy

yeah james saw that , still not much to go on lol
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 02:03   Link #235
seiji_kun

not much to go on? Probably refering to only the title but almost the whole chap is out and it just seems to good. That last page is just to awesome. And yeah, read those spoilers a little earlier to though they mixed up fake spoilers amongst them though I thougth the fake parts were obvious like the supernovas showing up or the strawhats or even the revolutionaries.
Old 2010-01-13, 02:09   Link #236
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
not much to go on? Probably refering to only the title but almost the whole chap is out and it just seems to good. That last page is just to awesome. And yeah, read those spoilers a little earlier to though they mixed up fake spoilers amongst them though I thougth the fake parts were obvious like the supernovas showing up or the strawhats or even the revolutionaries.
yeah i just saw the pics, only saw the spoilers before . Allot of new fights going on and pirates make another rush.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 02:15   Link #237
marvelB

Uh, so yeah, I made the thread for the new chapter and all, so.... uh, go nuts, I guess?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote