AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-12-23, 21:58   Link #41
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Mr. 3 can easily remove the handcuffs (he had done a similar thing before with no problem), and even if he cannot do it, jozu can try his strength on the handcuffs (then the question would be how fast his ability will disappear the moment his diamond body touches the handcuffs). Of course, there should be other alternatives too, considering the variety of powers currently partying there...

Well, in any case, the Admirals do not fight alone, so expect help from the pirates too.

Now, I am wondering, regarding Luffy's power, why it is so important that even Sengoku had to feel its impact. It is not like he is the only one there with that type of haki. And him being a rookie might be used to not pay that much attention to him, even if he has. Hopefully, we will be either shown or told the reason in the next chapter, to learn its importance. Roger might be one reason, but I wonder what else?
Old 2009-12-23, 22:59   Link #42
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Now, I am wondering, regarding Luffy's power, why it is so important that even Sengoku had to feel its impact. It is not like he is the only one there with that type of haki. And him being a rookie might be used to not pay that much attention to him, even if he has. Hopefully, we will be either shown or told the reason in the next chapter, to learn its importance. Roger might be one reason, but I wonder what else?
Isn't Boa Hancock the only other person there with the King's Haki or whatever it's called? They've got the best and the strongest completely unlearnable DF power neutralizing force to use however they want. Sengoku mentioned that Hancock was a very powerful force. Learning that Luffy has the same type of Haki she does, I'm sure anyone would think the same about him. Haki itself is probably annoying for the Marines, because even if you have a DF, seastone handcuffs can still be broken with Haki. And having it being the strongest type only means more trouble. Add the fact that Luffy's a rookie, which means he's still actively looking for trouble, and that he's been known on multiple occasions to piss all over the government when it's served his interests, it only gets worse.

Hmhm, I just psyched myself up for Luffy's new bounty. xD
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 00:17   Link #43
Rainbowman

Well, I never expected to know about this chapter for this week but I guess I'll review this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Marco recovers from the assault from Kizaru, but gets seastone handcuffs slapped on him. Meanwhile, Jozu is completely frozen by Aokiji, putting two of the strongest commanders out of the game, for now.....
I bet that didn't go well.

Quote:
-Luffy is making his way towards Ace, but gets stopped by the PX army. However, Hancock steps in to take on the clones (apparently, they won't attack her since she's a Shichibukai). Meanwhile, it looks like Iva is kicking some VA behind, and the executioners are once again ready to lop off Ace's head....
Somewhat good to know that the Pacifistas were programmed not to harm neither Marines nor Shichibukai. And speaking of Ivankov, I just hope he keeps Boa Hancock under control as well.

Quote:
-Coby is now the next one to face Luffy. However, the young marine gets KO'ed by one attack from the supernova. Meanwhile, the marines are unloading everything that have onto Whitebeard, but the emperor isn't ready to fall just yet. It looks like he gives another of his epic "I am Whitebeard" speeches, knocking the group of marines aside. His remaining commanders and Jinbei gather around him as the executioners are once again about to kill Ace. However, Luffy yells at them to stop, once again unleashing a burst of his kingly Haki. The executioners pass out, and everyone at the scene is shocked......
By "supernova", do you mean one of the 9 supernovas or is it a supernova attack? Also it's about time Luffy unleashed his Kingly Haki to end this war. However, the last factor (namely Sengoku) still remains.

If anyone has thoughts on this, let me know. I'll go back to the holiday hibernation until the next chapter come out.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 00:43   Link #44
james0246

^No, MarvelB was reffering to Luffy when he said "supernova" (Luffy is one of the Supernova afterall).

Quote:
The "Kingly Ambition" is highly unique with Hancock only mentioning herself as one of the few individuals to posses this level of Haki (presumably, and I wholly admit this is an assumption, Hancock should have some knowledge of at least the other Shichibukai and some of the high ranking marines, so if she goes out of her way to explain just how unique their power is, then the power must be very rare).

As for even Sengoku being shocked, well that is easy. Luffy's "ambition" was just that great. Luffy, in the closing scene, quite literally forces/wills the battlefield to not hurt Ace (I say battlefield due to the fact that more than just the executioners were affected). To have such power is truly great.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 08:03   Link #45
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
His payed his actions at Shabondy with his life and he is now just another PX-unit but with devil fruit powers.
Pretty sure thats not true.

He didn't break any rules at Shabondy afterall, its not like there are laws governing the behavior of the Shichibukai. As long as the Shichibukai do not disobey direct orders from the WG then its fine. Its not like Kuma did that. There is a difference between a direct order fromt eh WG higher ups and the Navy.
Old 2009-12-24, 10:19   Link #46
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Pretty sure thats not true.

He didn't break any rules at Shabondy afterall, its not like there are laws governing the behavior of the Shichibukai. As long as the Shichibukai do not disobey direct orders from the WG then its fine. Its not like Kuma did that. There is a difference between a direct order fromt eh WG higher ups and the Navy.
Well he was slowly converted towards Pacifista, he supposed to had connections to Revolution and being labelled as Tyrant and 'Violent-Kuma'. Everything we have been shown to him about manga is him being very docile and working for Goverment by the letter.

I guess he was prepared to become fully automaton eventually and was not supposed to be as intependent at Shabondy at this late stages so process was completed to avoid anymore suprises from him.

I really dont think hes current state has much to share with his actions at Shabondy and TB.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 13:39   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Why wouldn't he be able to command them? He is the prototype, he is the perfect complete human weapon & the rest of them were modeled on him.
Just because Kuma can command the pacifistas doesn't mean he's their leader. Sentoumaru is also able to give them orders, so going by your definition that would make him their leader also? There can only be one leader, and as of now we don't know who the true mastermind is. But, like I said before, it's a reasonable assumption to believe that Dr. Vegapunk would be the one.

Quote:
He'll be the first major character to die, but plenty have already died already, albiet complete unknowns and fodder pirates & marines ( the guy Akainu killed for deserting)
No one has died in the present time until Oda gives us full confirmation of their deaths. He always leaves things ambiguous, making us readers wonder if characters are really dead or not, and that's not good enough.
Old 2009-12-24, 15:12   Link #48
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Just because Kuma can command the pacifistas doesn't mean he's their leader. Sentoumaru is also able to give them orders, so going by your definition that would make him their leader also? There can only be one leader, and as of now we don't know who the true mastermind is. But, like I said before, it's a reasonable assumption to believe that Dr. Vegapunk would be the one.

No one has died in the present time until Oda gives us full confirmation of their deaths. He always leaves things ambiguous, making us readers wonder if characters are really dead or not, and that's not good enough.

Mr 11 die i think unless your not talking about name chars. Allot of fodder has been taken out in OP, Oda just don't care to show it . Which is the right way no one cares about fodder.

But once oda using you to show something or saying something chances are your not going to die.
People say oda should kill off people but why bother if serves no purpose for the story .
If he killed off bird guy no one would be talking about him up to this day that for certain lolol.

Last edited by andy; 2009-12-24 at 15:23.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 15:36   Link #49
Casshern

I'm clinging to the hope that Kuma still has some part of his human brain intact, and that Iva will use her DF abilities to somehow restore Kuma to his old self.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 17:03   Link #50
Slayerx

Chapter is out and it's a doozy as usually
Marco's been seaston cuffed, Jose's completely frozen, and Whitebeard is seriously hurting but hanging in there... but both Garp and Sengoku have no made much moves, and the admirals are all still going strong... yep looks REAL bad for the pirates

And if i'm not mistaken, but does it look like Jose's arm broke off?
Yup it does, if he's not dead then he's atleast lost an arm

Quote:
I think he can. We see in the spoilers that the PX's are capable of talking, as it did tell Hancock to move outta the way.
If i recall, we also saw the PX's talk when they fought the supernovas, though not saying much more than the names of pirates
Quote:
Mr. 3 can easily remove the handcuffs (he had done a similar thing before with no problem), and even if he cannot do it, jozu can try his strength on the handcuffs (then the question would be how fast his ability will disappear the moment his diamond body touches the handcuffs). Of course, there should be other alternatives too, considering the variety of powers currently partying there...
Actually, isn't seastone basically as hard as diamond or something... cause if its then they are not coming off by force. Gonna need a key, or something to pick the lock on those things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
By "supernova", do you mean one of the 9 supernovas or is it a supernova attack? Also it's about time Luffy unleashed his Kingly Haki to end this war. However, the last factor (namely Sengoku) still remains.
He's means supernova as in Luffy...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 17:06   Link #51
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Does it look like to anyone else that Joz's arm has been cut off or something? His visible arm looks a bit off or something.....

I really have mixed views on this entire chapter. I so desperately wanna see more of Marco & Joz...the 2 Big guns of the WB Pirates and they go down in such fashion...
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 17:59   Link #52
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Does it look like to anyone else that Joz's arm has been cut off or something? His visible arm looks a bit off or something.....

I really have mixed views on this entire chapter. I so desperately wanna see more of Marco & Joz...the 2 Big guns of the WB Pirates and they go down in such fashion...
Yeah it seems that his right arm has been cut off. This is exciting with the top commanders of WB out and WB seems likely to die anytime soon, thinking how they would get out of this will be fun. What a great cliffhanger to end the year with.
Old 2009-12-24, 18:04   Link #53
DSDSSDWE
Blah

Did anyone else notice Hancock basically 1 hit KOing/destroying a PX? It looks like she turned the head into stone and then broke it with a kick. That should put all the "Hancock can't be that strong, even for a Shichibukai" stories to rest. And don't get me started on the "Hancock is probably as strong as Smoker" stories. Hancock would smoke (pun intended) Smoker easily. He has nothing on her.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 19:19   Link #54
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
Did anyone else notice Hancock basically 1 hit KOing/destroying a PX? It looks like she turned the head into stone and then broke it with a kick. That should put all the "Hancock can't be that strong, even for a Shichibukai" stories to rest. And don't get me started on the "Hancock is probably as strong as Smoker" stories. Hancock would smoke (pun intended) Smoker easily. He has nothing on her.
Yeah I noticed that panel aswell.

I am vouching Boa Hancock joining for Strawhats but if she goes one-shotting Pacifistas with impunity it seems she would be slightly too unstoppable being as member of Strawhats.

Also when she shatters peoples skulls and limbs to dust and debris she is pretty unforgiving enemy.

Though I guess when Strawhats eventually unite they will be powered up aswell. Robin felt quite unbeatable during Arabasta arc aswell.

Great super-intense chapter with some ferocity on it.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 19:42   Link #55
Battler-kun

Well this chapter was what most people would have expected.
WB getting more injuries and surely will die, as he mentioned it himself.
Therefore Ace will live on as some kind of trade.
But i wonder his role in the future.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 21:35   Link #56
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
A great Christmas present from Oda for releasing a final 2009 chapter for us :]
It looks like it's inevitable for the WB crew to fall, Marco's in a hopeless situation, Joz is considered dead(Losing two arms and frozen? If he's not dead, Oda has yet again pulled another Disney death) and with such a bad condition, WB will die too but with glory. Hopefully, Luffy is the one who turns the tides but WB will be the one who will end the war with his objectives(saving Ace/allowing the crew to escape).
Old 2009-12-25, 02:06   Link #57
Tommy
Mr. Prince

With this chapter leading to the demise of the whitebeard pirates, the only real question left is how can Luffy save Ace AND ESCAPE. I figure the only way this is would be possible (Assuming Luffy can free Ace) is that either Kuma regains consciousness and sends them flying, outside interference by Blackbeard, Shanks, Dragon, or other like Garp, or possibly Whitebeard acting as a shield.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 03:33   Link #58
paradox13
zzz

I don't think the WB pirates are done for. Vistas still there, pretty sure Marco and Jozus still got some left in the tank, and everyones discounting the New World pirates. Remmeber these are monsters who are supposed to be way more powerful then Luffy or any of the Supernovas.
Old 2009-12-25, 07:04   Link #59
PrototypeX2

Quote:
I don't think the WB pirates are done for.pretty sure Marco and Jozus still got some left in the tank
Yes they are done for.Seems like Oda's preparing the stage for a final Whitebeard epic fight&speech scene that will be remembered by eliminating second rate guys like Marco and Jozu.Which means we are coming to an end unless something extraordinary happens...Like another Yonkou or Blackbeard.

Quote:
Vistas still there
Vista can barely hold himself against Mihawk.What can he do against an admiral? He is just slightly better than all of those new world captain fodders around.

Quote:
and everyones discounting the New World pirates. Remmeber these are monsters who are supposed to be way more powerful then Luffy or any of the Supernovas.
Well WG still has the Shichibukai.Which are all equals or better than them.
PrototypeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 07:19   Link #60
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Well WG still has the Shichibukai.Which are all equals or better than them.
I would say equals.

Remember, people like Crocodile couldn't even make it in the New World.

And teh Shichibukai is falling apart. Jimbei has deserted, Hancock is on the verge of doing so. Crocs fighting Doflamingo and BBs at Impel.

Quote:
Vista can barely hold himself against Mihawk.What can he do against an admiral? He is just slightly better than all of those new world captain fodders around.
Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman. I have no doubt he can at least hold his own against an Admiral. That would imply that Vista could probably do so too.

Quote:
Yes they are done for.Seems like Oda's preparing the stage for a final Whitebeard epic fight&speech scene that will be remembered by eliminating second rate guys like Marco and Jozu.Which means we are coming to an end unless something extraordinary happens...Like another Yonkou or Blackbeard.
I don't know how you can be so sure of yourself.

Calling people like Marco and Jozu second rate is a bit insulting to say the least. Sure, they may have been a bit careless, but they are on the same level as the Admirals and that is saying something. Its pretty obvious that the WB pirates aren't done for yet. Ever heard of a turnaround?

I'll give you an example in real life. Liverpool VS Ac Milan 2005 Champions League Final at Istanbul, Liverpool was losing 3-0 at half time. Go google what happened after.