AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-12-25, 07:54   Link #61
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman. I have no doubt he can at least hold his own against an Admiral.
Yeah, right.
Old 2009-12-25, 10:04   Link #62
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Calling people like Marco and Jozu second rate is a bit insulting to say the least. Sure, they may have been a bit careless, but they are on the same level as the Admirals and that is saying something. Its pretty obvious that the WB pirates aren't done for yet. Ever heard of a turnaround?

I'll give you an example in real life. Liverpool VS Ac Milan 2005 Champions League Final at Istanbul, Liverpool was losing 3-0 at half time. Go google what happened after.
Marco's chained with seastone, if he cuts his hand or somehow takes the cuffs off then he'll be back in action. As for Joz, that guy is long dead; not only is he missing an arm(or 2), if he's frozen to death and almost crashing into the ground, the best he can do is live his life as a handicap if he can survive in this war plus defrosting.
Old 2009-12-25, 12:06   Link #63
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

I loved the fact that Coby got his ass handed to him. No time for hesitation on either Coby or Luffy's side. Things are all open again now that The king's disposition has been shown. In a way it's a bad thing for Luffy. It makes him even more dangrous for the Marines then he already was. Sengokou is not looking pleased.

Oh jolly.
Old 2009-12-25, 12:17   Link #64
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Marco's chained with seastone, if he cuts his hand or somehow takes the cuffs off then he'll be back in action. As for Joz, that guy is long dead; not only is he missing an arm(or 2), if he's frozen to death and almost crashing into the ground, the best he can do is live his life as a handicap if he can survive in this war plus defrosting.
His other arm is not broken, it can't be. His left arm was in full diamond form when he attacked Ao Kiji the 1st time. That same part was frozen again. Even if it were frozen, there is no way a diamond arm can just break off. Buggy was frozen for sometime until the boiling water defrosted him...Joz will survive this. I'm sure it can't be the end of those 2 already. It;'d be a huge waste of 2 fantastic DF powers if they were just killed off in that manner.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 13:45   Link #65
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Remember, people like Crocodile couldn't even make it in the New World.
It's not that he couldn't make it in the New World. He just happened to run into Whitebeard and lost against him in a duel. There's nothing shameful about that, since anyone would lose to Whitebeard given that he's the strongest man in the world.

From that point on, if we piece together what Crocodile said about his past, Crocodile most likely gave up on his dream of being the pirate king after his loss against Whitebeard. He constantly told Luffy something along the lines of "Once you realize how harsh the sea really is, you will stop having such foolish dreams."

With that being said, Crocodile is essentially a silver medalist and I'd say that doesn't qualify him as being unable to compete in the New World.
Old 2009-12-25, 15:03   Link #66
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
So glad i held out and didn't read spoilers. New chapter is epic.

It seemed kinda on the short side though with double pages though.

I think Luffy is actively using haki in his attacks now as demonstrated when he punched Coby after he had used Soru. In the next panel when you see him unconscious and foaming at the mouth, Something Oda has used to demonstrate the use of Haki.

Gotta love how Jango fell victim to Luffy's Haki, Kinda ironic considering how they met.

The absence of Buggy in this chapter felt lacking, We just need him to show up in the next chapter or so.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 15:08   Link #67
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Haha nice, Luffy was able to stop those two marines from beheading Ace.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 15:39   Link #68
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I'm sure it can't be the end of those 2 already. It;'d be a huge waste of 2 fantastic DF powers if they were just killed off in that manner.
you know, i do find it oddly fitting... i mean they seemed like two pretty damn hax fruits... Diamond body makes Jozu all but indestructible, while Phoenix zoan makes marco practically immortal. But jozu's diamond body doesn't protect him from Ao kiji's freezing touch, and even Marco can fall victim to seastone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Haha nice, Luffy was able to stop those two marines from beheading Ace.
Ya, SenGoku's gonna have to get the message that if he wants to take Ace's head he's gonna have to do it himself... these underlings just keep dropping like flies the moment they wind up and start
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 15:51   Link #69
Vree

Quote:
Don;t worry about Coby. This'll be a painful learning experience for him. It'll really help him grow as a fighter. He ran like a coward, he got pwned by Luffy in 1 hit, he'll wake up once the fight is done...dust himself off...feel ashamed cry and be more determined than ever before to never let that happen again to him.
You guys seriously have no problem with the Adventures of Mr. "every character above him will gladly lick his ass" "boringly invincible even-admirals-can't -kill him" Luffy? This has been a crap chapter, as has been this whole war from the beginning. All these childlish fantasies do not even amuse (much less entertain) me anymore. Probably time to drop this manga, it's only been enjoyable for dumbasses who only care about comparing power levels for some time now.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 16:01   Link #70
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
You guys seriously have no problem with the Adventures of Mr. "every character above him will gladly lick his ass" "boringly invincible even-admirals-can't -kill him" Luffy? This has been a crap chapter, as has been this whole war from the beginning. All these childlish fantasies do not even amuse (much less entertain) me anymore. Probably time to drop this manga, it's only been enjoyable for dumbasses who only care about comparing power levels for some time now.
Wow, Meltdown much?
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 16:13   Link #71
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
you know, i do find it oddly fitting... i mean they seemed like two pretty damn hax fruits... Diamond body makes Jozu all but indestructible, while Phoenix zoan makes marco practically immortal. But jozu's diamond body doesn't protect him from Ao kiji's freezing touch, and even Marco can fall victim to seastone
Everyone falls victim to seastone, so it's not really that surprising . . . I think those two are relatively simple to take down. Simple in that there's no need for fancy tricks. You just have to be stronger than them. Strong enough to punch through diamond for Joz. For Marco, you'd need more stamina. Even if he recovers it still takes energy, so you'd have to be able to wear him out I think. He's a Zoan though, so that's probably easier said than done. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Wow, Meltdown much?
More like he's in the wrong thread. Sounds like he's mistaking this for the DBZ thread . . .

I was thinking about who'd actually be able to stand up to Aokiji as a natural enemy. Since he's and iceman then Ace should be able to beat him. Sanji has his Diablo attack, so once he gets (a lot) stronger I'd love to see him kick Aokiji's ass too.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 16:52   Link #72
PrototypeX2

Quote:
I would say equals.

Remember, people like Crocodile couldn't even make it in the New World.

And teh Shichibukai is falling apart. Jimbei has deserted, Hancock is on the verge of doing so. Crocs fighting Doflamingo and BBs at Impel.
Croc's fighting against Whitebeard, Doflamingo is just chasing him around at his free will.That doesnt make croc a WB ally.
World Government still has Kuma,Moria,Dofalmingo and Mihawk loyal to them.Not even counting Vice admirals like Momongo and Dog-guy that managed to take Luffy down easily.Isnt it a bit too much for Captains to handle? As far as I saw, they were busy slaying cannon fodder guys around.

Quote:
Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman. I have no doubt he can at least hold his own against an Admiral. That would imply that Vista could probably do so too.
Mihawk may hold his ground but I dont think he can actually take one down, neither his new-age version Vista.That would be too much overkill for story.

Quote:
I don't know how you can be so sure of yourself.

Calling people like Marco and Jozu second rate is a bit insulting to say the least. Sure, they may have been a bit careless, but they are on the same level as the Admirals and that is saying something. Its pretty obvious that the WB pirates aren't done for yet. Ever heard of a turnaround?

I'll give you an example in real life. Liverpool VS Ac Milan 2005 Champions League Final at Istanbul, Liverpool was losing 3-0 at half time. Go google what happened after.
Im not looking down on Marco and Joz but to be honest, you know that they are just side-bosses before getting to Whitebeard.Marco already looks terrible enough from that shot even with phoenix form active and now he got fried all over without his devil fruit.My only worry right now is Jozu since he went down maybe a bit "too easy" in offscreen without any clue at all.I dont think that Aokiji completely overpowered one of Whitebeards strongest commanders in a rage.

Also

Whitebeard owned World Goverment with his tsunamis.
World Goverment owned Whitebeard by Squado trick.
Whitebeard went berserk and owned World Goverment.
World Goverment pulled the walls and Akainu destroyed their main ship.
Whitebeard owned World Goverment by jumping over the walls and turning it against them.
World Goverment owned their commanders and the big guy is about to fall.

These "turns" has happened numerous times already and since this is not bleach I cant see it happening once again.There is an end to this battle that should come soon
PrototypeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 17:02   Link #73
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

This is madness!

NO
THIS
IS
WHITEBEARD!
Old 2009-12-25, 17:31   Link #74
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
Croc's fighting against Whitebeard, Doflamingo is just chasing him around at his free will.That doesnt make croc a WB ally.
World Government still has Kuma,Moria,Dofalmingo and Mihawk loyal to them.Not even counting Vice admirals like Momongo and Dog-guy that managed to take Luffy down easily.Isnt it a bit too much for Captains to handle? As far as I saw, they were busy slaying cannon fodder guys around.

Mihawk may hold his ground but I dont think he can actually take one down, neither his new-age version Vista.That would be too much overkill for story.

Im not looking down on Marco and Joz but to be honest, you know that they are just side-bosses before getting to Whitebeard.Marco already looks terrible enough from that shot even with phoenix form active and now he got fried all over without his devil fruit.My only worry right now is Jozu since he went down maybe a bit "too easy" in offscreen without any clue at all.I dont think that Aokiji completely overpowered one of Whitebeards strongest commanders in a rage.

Also

Whitebeard owned World Goverment with his tsunamis.
World Goverment owned Whitebeard by Squado trick.
Whitebeard went berserk and owned World Goverment.
World Goverment pulled the walls and Akainu destroyed their main ship.
Whitebeard owned World Goverment by jumping over the walls and turning it against them.
World Goverment owned their commanders and the big guy is about to fall.

These "turns" has happened numerous times already and since this is not bleach I cant see it happening once again.There is an end to this battle that should come soon

Thats just it with Joz & Ao Kiji. All he has to do is freeze them and they're screwed. None of these fights made any sense at all. What kind of fighter would go into a fight with a person who can turn you completely to Ice, without going in fully protected? In full diamond mode, the worst case scenario for Joz is that he'd be completely frozen and probably wouldn't be able to do much until he defrosts ( assuming being Frozen actually affects him).

This is has just been massively disapointing for me. Oars Jr went down, WB is badly injured and is going to die, Marco & Joz have both gone down. All the Marines have lost are a crap load of fodder & a Few Giant Vice-Admirals. It annoys me so much. Pirates have been on the backfoot from the start. Marco, for a person with a ultra-rare ability like the Phoenix infact has done fuck all in this war. I'm such a huge fan of Marco, even before this war...however I'm so frustrated that we've not seen much of him. No sooner does he revive in this chapter does he go down.

So far this has been far too easy for the Marines.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 17:33   Link #75
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
part of the reason he's still fighting is because there are so many other fighters that the marines have to deal with... Hell, Luffy has been taken down several times, you could almost say he's died twice since he started his campaign to save ace.The ONLY reason he is still fighting is because Iva is able to trick his body into thinking it's 100% fine... Oda's explanation for him still fighting works out. One thing we have not seen is how badly the after effects of all this fighting is gonna be on Luffy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Everyone falls victim to seastone, so it's not really that surprising . . . I think those two are relatively simple to take down. Simple in that there's no need for fancy tricks. You just have to be stronger than them. Strong enough to punch through diamond for Joz. For Marco, you'd need more stamina. Even if he recovers it still takes energy, so you'd have to be able to wear him out I think. He's a Zoan though, so that's probably easier said than done. xD
not even Mihawk could lay a scratch on jozu using a slash he had intended for Whitebeard... you really think you are gonna find someone who can punch through diamond? As for Marco, we have not seen that recovering from damage takes up stamina. A Phoenix is able to essentially reincarnate itself; even if you kill him, he should be coming back
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 17:47   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
This is has just been massively disapointing for me. Oars Jr went down, WB is badly injured and is going to die, Marco & Joz have both gone down. All the Marines have lost are a crap load of fodder & a Few Giant Vice-Admirals. It annoys me so much. Pirates have been on the backfoot from the start. Marco, for a person with a ultra-rare ability like the Phoenix infact has done fuck all in this war. I'm such a huge fan of Marco, even before this war...however I'm so frustrated that we've not seen much of him. No sooner does he revive in this chapter does he go down.

So far this has been far too easy for the Marines.
Why is it disappointing? Because the "good guys" are losing? The marines deserve this victory considering how many times they've gotten screwed over in the story so far. Not only that, but you should have expected this result. What we have here is 1/4 of a world power (Whitebeard and his crew) vs. 2 world powers (marines and shichibukai). It was clear from the start that the Whitebeard pirates were going to get destroyed, and their NW pirate allies are not enough to balance things out. Everything we're seeing right now makes perfect sense.

Quote:
not even Mihawk could lay a scratch on jozu using a slash he had intended for Whitebeard...
The way I saw it was that Mihawk had intended for that slash to cut flesh and bones, not diamond. I would expect that Mihawk would be capable of cutting diamond if he had the intent/will to do so. He is the world's greatest swordsman, after all.
Old 2009-12-25, 18:02   Link #77
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Why is it disappointing? Because the "good guys" are losing? The marines deserve this victory considering how many times they've gotten screwed over in the story so far. Not only that, but you should have expected this result. What we have here is 1/4 of a world power (Whitebeard and his crew) vs. 2 world powers (marines and shichibukai). It was clear from the start that the Whitebeard pirates were going to get destroyed, and their NW pirate allies are not enough to balance things out. Everything we're seeing right now makes perfect sense.
Its been disappointing because WB was supposed to be a strategist of the highest caliber. Perhaps not on the level of Sengoku or Tsuru, but you don't get to the top by being a retard. You would expect WB to know what was facing him and bring adequate forces to counter that, but it doesn't seem like the NW captains have been doing anything at all, nor have the WB commanders (Aside from Jozu and Marco, and even those two havn't taken anyone down).
Old 2009-12-25, 18:22   Link #78
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Its been disappointing because WB was supposed to be a strategist of the highest caliber. Perhaps not on the level of Sengoku or Tsuru, but you don't get to the top by being a retard.
I agree that Whitebeard is a good strategist, but the fact of the matter is that Sengoku was always one step ahead of him from the very beginning. Consequently, the Whitbeard pirates were fighting a losing battle to begin with.

Quote:
You would expect WB to know what was facing him and bring adequate forces to counter that, but it doesn't seem like the NW captains have been doing anything at all, nor have the WB commanders (Aside from Jozu and Marco, and even those two havn't taken anyone down).
Up until the point where Whitebeard got stabbed by Squado, the Whitebeard pirates were doing very well. No one could have foreseen Sengoku and Akainu deceiving Squado like that, and it was that trickery that really turned the tides in the marines' favor.

Regarding Jozu and Marco, the only reason why they are out of commission is because they got distracted. Up until now, they were pretty much untouchable. The rest of the commanders appear to be in very good condition still. That being said, I wouldn't count out the pirates side just yet.
Old 2009-12-25, 18:33   Link #79
james0246

No matter how good a strategist Shirohige may be, and the great force he may have, the fact that he is invading immediately lowered his strategic and tactical capabilities, and the fact that he was invading a greater strategists land made Shirohige's chances even worse, and when you add the 100,000 troops that Sengoku has...well why would any of us be surprised by the outcome?. The marines, as the defending force, quite literally had the ocean stacked in their favour. So, it is not surprising in the slightest that the battle has turned out this way.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 19:01   Link #80
Vree

Quote:
part of the reason he's still fighting is because there are so many other fighters that the marines have to deal with... Hell, Luffy has been taken down several times, you could almost say he's died twice since he started his campaign to save ace.The ONLY reason he is still fighting is because Iva is able to trick his body into thinking it's 100% fine... Oda's explanation for him still fighting works out. One thing we have not seen is how badly the after effects of all this fighting is gonna be on Luffy...
My complaint here is why Iva, one of the major fighters, is wasting her attention on him instead of the lead warriors who could clearly use her. That's Whitebeard bleeding all over over there, "Miracle Healer".

(Those informed side effects are just for showing off. He will never suffer any serious consequences because of them on-screen.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Wow, Meltdown much?
Yeah, I guess.

I'm always grateful when people don't respond with a flame backslash after a breakdown rant (even if it's justified) so coolness points go out to you guys there.

(...I'm still dropping the story tho. )
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote