AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-07, 20:33   Link #1
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Misaki Chronicle - Divergence Eve

Among the new files, I found "Misaki Chronicle - Divergence Eve", so I checked out the description for it here: AniDB info page (which is btw much better than the linked ANN description).
The cover looked very nice, and the description sounded interesting as well - but then I read something that really made me cringe: "...created by the same director and character designer as Amazing Nurse Nanako, who is famous for enormeous breasts..." Holy sh*t!
The screenshots provided (here and here) really looked awful as well
Now you can't judge it by two screenshoots only... so I wanted to ask, is it really as bad as in AN Nanako and as you could assume from the screenshots? Humongous breasts really aren't my cup of tea.

In case it's not as bad as it looks at the first glance - I saw that there are two groups fansubbing it, IY4Ever and AF-F&T. Which of them is better?
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 20:46   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

If you can look past those huge... things... hanging around the chest area of the female character, Divergence EVE is actually quite a good show... however if you want to watch Misaki Chronicles, I highly recommend watching Divergence EVE first, since MC is practically a straight sequel to DE.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 20:48   Link #3
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
Among the new files, I found "Misaki Chronicle - Divergence Eve", so I checked out the description for it here: AniDB info page (which is btw much better than the linked ANN description).
The cover looked very nice, and the description sounded interesting as well - but then I read something that really made me cringe: "...created by the same director and character designer as Amazing Nurse Nanako, who is famous for enormeous breasts..." Holy sh*t!
The screenshots provided (here and here) really looked awful as well
Now you can't judge it by two screenshoots only... so I wanted to ask, is it really as bad as in AN Nanako and as you could assume from the screenshots? Humongous breasts really aren't my cup of tea.

In case it's not as bad as it looks at the first glance - I saw that there are two groups fansubbing it, IY4Ever and AF-F&T. Which of them is better?
Yes the breast are that large and if you can't look past that you probably won't like it. But if you can look past the large breast the story is actually pretty good. And comapre to Green Green and ikkotesen(sp?) th ebreast in Divergence Eve isn't that big at all.
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 20:52   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
If you can look past those huge... things... hanging around the chest area of the female character, Divergence EVE is actually quite a good show... however if you want to watch Misaki Chronicles, I highly recommend watching Divergence EVE first, since MC is practically a straight sequel to DE.
MC is the second season of Divergence Eve or what I like to call Cleavage Eve. It pickes right after teh event of the last ep in DE.
Old 2004-03-07, 20:56   Link #5
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
You're quite right. A lot of people ditched the show because they showed one of the last episodes as the first episode, the lame CG, and of course, the breasts. However, there was actually a very deep and involved story behind all of that that made the watch worth it.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 22:09   Link #6
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If you ask me, they've improved the art and the CG tremendously since the first one. As has already been said, if you could get over the breast factor and the crappy CG, the storyline was pretty gripping.

Any comments/remarks about AF-F&T's release? We couldn't resist the 1024 version with high-quality raws available in that format, but because it's been compressed on a massive scale (the final product has been compressed by ~50% from the raw version filesize) people with slower systems have difficulty playing it. I'm running a 1.2 GHz Athlon, and the OP/ED were completely desynchronized for me, only being able to acheieve maybe 22 FPS at best. During the actual episode, I only had minor desynchronization. The 704 version is made for the people with slower systems; it uses a different raw (could've resized but it was more convenient in a manner of speaking, here, as ultra-high quality 704 raws were also available). Both make use of XviD RC3; if you're having trouble playing either, make sure you're using the latest XviD.
Old 2004-03-07, 22:29   Link #7
KoroshiyaX
X

I got a question about this series.

I'm confused whether it is a direct continuation or a pre-quel to the original series.

If you watch the first ep of the 2nd season, around the end I think they show a scene on December 17th or something, and they were still on Earth.

But in the first series, on Dec 17th, they were already all out fighting with those aliens light years away.

So I'm guessing in the first one, Misaki kinda pulled a RahXephon? :P
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 01:50   Link #8
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
I got a question about this series.

I'm confused whether it is a direct continuation or a pre-quel to the original series.

If you watch the first ep of the 2nd season, around the end I think they show a scene on December 17th or something, and they were still on Earth.

But in the first series, on Dec 17th, they were already all out fighting with those aliens light years away.

So I'm guessing in the first one, Misaki kinda pulled a RahXephon? :P
it is a direct sequel. After the event in Ep13, Watchers nest and all it is ppl have been caught in time warp. And Misaki or at least a part of her is trying to rewrite history and recreate a new future.
Old 2004-03-08, 03:34   Link #9
KoroshiyaX
X

I figured as much, a future where not so many ppl died.

But those aliens will be back :P
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 05:16   Link #10
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
I figured as much, a future where not so many ppl died.

But those aliens will be back :P
watch the second episode, and you'll see more familiar faces... and the plot keeps thickening... hmmm... personally I'm a bit pissed about the ending of ep 3, I mean, they use such a cliche and hentai-esque scene... which is completely out of place for the show... oh well...
Old 2004-03-15, 10:30   Link #11
Mitchell

Send a message via ICQ to Mitchell
Misaki Chronicle divergence eve

Is this one licensed?
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 11:05   Link #12
cheez
duh?

Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
It's available for download, and two of the torrent links are recent enough that they show up on the front page. Doesn't that answer your question? Maybe you could at least make SOME effort to find out for yourself before you come to the forum
cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 11:14   Link #13
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell
Is this one licensed?
divergence eve is licensed by ADV but

Misaki Chronicle divergence eve is not licensed yet.

Becareful what you watch because there is a chance that ADV licensed by the fifth or sixth ep.Like they did to divergence eve.can't complain though since it might give the us a faster release.
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 17:05   Link #14
Tellu54
Banned

Actually ye show's final episode airs friday...

Man, I'm all excited. 11 ended with a decent cliffhanger, so 12 should be awesome!
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 17:13   Link #15
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
Actually ye show's final episode airs friday...

Man, I'm all excited. 11 ended with a decent cliffhanger, so 12 should be awesome!
really?

I thought I just saw ep two on animesuki.So noone is really subbing the series huh?

sad.....

Last edited by BanditKing; 2004-03-15 at 17:26.
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 17:22   Link #16
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

There's people subbing it....
They're just make snails look like drag racers.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 03:29   Link #17
Tellu54
Banned

Just to clarify, this is an actual sequel. You need to have seen the first 13 episodes or you will not get it at ALL.

The reason the first episode is a prequel is somewhat... difficult to understand. I won't spoil anything by saying this, I hope:
What the first episode is trying to show you is that Misaki's attempt to avert the tragedies at Watcher's Nest at the end of D-Eve Series 1 is an utter failure. That sets up the rest of the series.
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 03:39   Link #18
dreamless

about the end of D-Eve 1

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-17, 23:24   Link #19
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
what was the purpose of those huge breasts i wonder !!!?
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 15:40   Link #20
liquidxnites

hey new here....since Divergence Eve is licensed already, is the DVD available for purchase? I ask because I can't seem to locate the DVD at all from the sites mentioned in the sticky where to buy thread.

I just watched the first three episodes of Misaki Chronicles from animesuki.com hehe...so far I like it. ahh I wish the subbers would try to get the other episodes out soon....
liquidxnites is offline   Reply With Quote