AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-29, 16:54   Link #21
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
It is licensed, but that does not mean it is available.

It does mean that it will eventually be, and probably not long from now. I suggest you keep an eye on things at www.animeondvd.com since they regularly announce release dates.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 18:09   Link #22
liquidxnites

ooo ok. If it was recently licensed, I was unaware of that. Thanks for the info!
liquidxnites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 13:26   Link #23
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm... maybe this should be moved to the licensed section? Anyway anyone understand episode 9? I think I understood all the previous episodes but ep9 is really confusing now... I though Misaki created a new universe with her memories? And now somehow it's the old universe with Ghouls trying to start an invasion? And there's alien ruins on the quantum core? I think I'm somehow lost somewhere...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 13:52   Link #24
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
jesus, what's so wrong about huge breasts? seriously, do you prefer like a mans body? I mean no offense or anything but I don't get it.

All these people keep complaining about "it has ecchi, ick, i don't want fan service."

what? I mean if the echi in turn makes the show shallow.

To this day, i do not get it, maybe I never will understand.
NarutoHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 14:24   Link #25
dreamless

sure the over-sized breasts doesn't make the show shallow, they just look bad... I mean, I like some good fan-service like in the old BGC and maybe EVA style, but when they are this over-sized, they just don't look good and interfere with the show.
Old 2004-09-10, 18:54   Link #26
dreamless

Hmm... just finished the whole series... but have no idea what the heck happened in the last few episodes... anyone can shed some light on it? lots of questions... and questions..
Spoiler:
Anyone understand what happened towards the end of this series?
Old 2006-09-02, 12:07   Link #27
Madlax26

Divergence Eve Misaki's Chronicles

Hey What do you guy's think of the show I thought it was very good and very helpful in understanding the first series.
Madlax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 09:25   Link #28
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

It was certainly necessary since the first series ended on a cliffhanger. It was also interesting how they changed genres. The first series seemed to have been conceived as an Evangelion In Space (with big breasts), whilst the second series is more like Air in the way it injects whole episodes of historical drama into the plot. The first series also copied the device found in Crest of the Stars of using the prologue of each episode to fill in the background history of the society that the story is about. It also broadcast the 12th episode first as a teaser/mystification device, years before The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya became famous for broadcasting the 11th ep first for the same reasons.

The Eva inspiration of the first series was probably the biggest problem with it. The force-fitting of whole chunks of the Evangelion mythos into the plot garbled everything I thought, whilst the parts of the story that were original were much more interesting. Really the plot needed another rewrite to expunge all traces of the original Eva inspiration, in my view this would have made for a classic and original series.

The sequel managed to clear up some of the mess by jettisoning the Eva stuff in favour of an openly mystical approach via which it managed to complete the plot of the original series, with an otaku's guide to Japanese history thrown in largely for the hell of it.

It ends up a rather strange beast, one story told in two parts, each half almost overrun with different types of incongruous material. I liked both halves, but in the end I have to create the new categroy of "fatally flawed masterpiece" for the Divergence Eve/Misaki Chronicles combo; in other words it's begging for a remake.

As for the breasts, well I don't think we should discriminate against people with large breasts, they're entitled to have adventures too. In fact given modern society's obsession with breasts I think it could be a reasonable extrapolation of how the human race may end up in 300 years time, a cautionary tale if you like.
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 06:18   Link #29
ipernorris

Hello guys... I write here to talk about the last episode of the first season of this anime and about the second season.
The first season had a very linear plotline, even if some questions were unanswered like "what are the ghouls?". I hoped they would have been answered in episode 13, but I was deadly wrong: I didn't understand almost anything in the last episode!!!
It appeared to me the authors were on crack when they made it...
Anyway I watched the second season hoping to find the answers I was looking for but with parallel universes, multiple Misaki I wanted to shoot myself... the authors came back from a rave party and then they made the second season of course.
I'm a simple linear guy so can anyone give me a link and/or explain me what the fuck happened from episode 13 till the end of second season?

Thanks!
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 10:01   Link #30
Scarecrow*
Neneko Shinjitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Hello guys... I write here to talk about the last episode of the first season of this anime and about the second season.
The first season had a very linear plotline, even if some questions were unanswered like "what are the ghouls?". I hoped they would have been answered in episode 13, but I was deadly wrong: I didn't understand almost anything in the last episode!!!
It appeared to me the authors were on crack when they made it...
Anyway I watched the second season hoping to find the answers I was looking for but with parallel universes, multiple Misaki I wanted to shoot myself... the authors came back from a rave party and then they made the second season of course.
I'm a simple linear guy so can anyone give me a link and/or explain me what the fuck happened from episode 13 till the end of second season?

Thanks!
lol as much as I love the animation/art style of this anime and as hot as Misaki is.....the plot and story is so ugh! It just gets wierder and wierder....

Anyway don't think you'll find much...
Scarecrow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 16:05   Link #31
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

Getting Confused >.<

HI all

Ok so iv just registered here mainly becouse of this one series, im usualy very good at figuring out whats going on in films and games which have time travel and parallel universes etc however.... This one is giving me a headach

To start one of the main characters dies half way through the first series ( luxandra ) which sucked, i felt sad about that tbh, then suzanna looses here memory which sucked aswell but atleast she gets it back, then Misaki disapers.

So now i get Misaki Chronicles and hope somthing pans out where they all eventualy get back together but oh no, it gets worse... Kiri dies... then suzanna looses some of here memory again perminantly about Misaki and then Lyar is left to get old with all her memories whalst Suzanna ( as far as i can tell ) doesnt age due to being in cryogenic stasis. By the time they get back to watchers nest Lyar seems to be about 60 and somhow the base has survived, to me it seems diserted apart from Misaki being there in some form ??

Ok so now my confusion begins...
Misaki says shes been with the others ..seems more like she is living in memories to me? or has she traveled from the other universe ?

.. then you see clips of people entering watchers nest as if getting of the ship Lyar just came on ..is this in the same universe as lyar is/was in on the ship ?

and then you see kiri and luxandra there ?! aint they dead ? they couldnt have been reincarnated/resurrected cuz how would people explain that to there parents or relitives and Suzanna who you see there working (who seems to remember them just not Misaki,)

..then it gets even more confusing when u see Lyar appear young behind Prim ( again isnt Prim dead ?) how can there be 2 Lyars ?

so to me this seems like it must be showing this other universe ..so wheres Misaki .oh yea the little girl you see running ..but wait, if Misaki wants to be happy with her friends why is she like 10 yrs old whalst the others are the same age as they were orginaly? and how can she be there seemingly innocent and unaware of whats happend and be talking to Lyar ( old Lyar ) as the Misaki we all knew in DE & 'most' of Misaki Chronicles

another possibility is that little girl is the baby that Lyar named Misaki.. is this misaki reincarnate or just some girl who bares a slight resemblance and has the same name ?

couldnt be Misaki cuz misaki is still in her room at watchers nest with Lyar ( Old Lyar ) and if it was the baby that Lyar named then these clips must the same univerese as Lyar was in on the ship. but that would then mean all the above (2x Lyars ..kiri and luxandra resurrected.) is happening .. ??Wtf??

if you can undertsand anything iv writen here i give you my respects ..this kinda thing is hard to explain. Can anyone straighten things out for me.. i have never finished watching a film or playing a game and then wonder wtf has hapend before, and its getting on my nerves

HELP PLEASE !!

My respects
SolarNova
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 00:18   Link #32
Geosondaman

Yea man, I am confused...apart from the confusion. I would give this series an 80/100 at least. I don't mind the large breasts...they are still a ways off from Rusyuna in Grenadier...lol.
Geosondaman is offline   Reply With Quote