AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 41 18.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 13.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 11.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 10.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 10.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 29 13.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 12 5.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 12.11%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-25, 00:27   Link #221
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
I beleive I heard Dreamenddischarger around when Kinzo's dragon shows up.
Actually, Goldenslaughterer was still playing at that point. The mix-up is understandable as Dreamdischarger has a few parts which are remixed from Goldenslaughterer.

The remixed version of Dreamenddischarger on the show's soundtrack (which never appeared in the show itself) can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneH19EzkxE

Thanks to Tjaard!
Old 2009-12-25, 00:31   Link #222
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
What is the significance behind discovering George and Maria's corpse? I realize that the four cousins, after the incident, went missing but I can't connect the dots. If it's spoilerific, spoiler tag it or PM it to me, por favor.
It's not what I would call spoilerific at this point, since nothing is a spoiler except EP5 by now. Just in case, tags:

Spoiler for EP4 VN:

Thanks to Tjaard!
Old 2009-12-25, 01:07   Link #223
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
It's not what I would call spoilerific at this point, since nothing is a spoiler except EP5 by now. Just in case, tags:

Spoiler for EP4 VN:
Don't forget:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-25, 01:15   Link #224
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler for Review time!:
Since I forgot to put an arc review

Spoiler for EP 4 arc review:

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-12-25, 01:28   Link #225
Excorsism

Quote:

Spoiler for EP4 VN:
And here I thought, at the end of the series, everything would be flowers and the family would live happily ever after, including the servants. On another note, is it okay to assume that Battler, more or less, has feelings of affection for Beato? It's the impression I'm getting based on that hug scene that everybody seems to be clamoring about.
Old 2009-12-25, 01:29   Link #226
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
And here I thought, at the end of the series, everything would be flowers and the family would live happily ever after, including the servants. On another note, is it okay to assume that Battler, more or less, has feelings of affection for Beato? It's the impression I'm getting based on that hug scene that everybody seems to be clamoring about.
Depends on how you see it at the end point of EP 4. My opinion is that he definietly has some feelings of affection and does care about Beato to some extent.

That extent however is a spoiler

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-12-25, 01:31   Link #227
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
It's more of a sympathetic gesture than a romantic one. But BeaBattler shippers are yelling, "No it's romance!" If this were true, I would rage at Battler.

No, I don't think Battler has any affection for Beato. He respects her as an opponent, nothing more nothing less.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-12-25, 01:39   Link #228
Marion
The Great Dine

Because people who fight to destroy each other and are hated enemies always hug at the end of a fight!

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-12-25, 01:43   Link #229
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
It's more of a sympathetic gesture than a romantic one.
You should be asking yourself why he's so sympathetic to someone that was using his sister's brutal death to goad him just a short time ago. Also, you don't generally get possessive of someone you "pity."
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2009-12-25, 01:45   Link #230
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
You should be asking yourself why he's so sympathetic to someone that was using his sister's brutal death to goad him just a short time ago. Also, you don't generally get possessive of someone you "pity."
Perhaps Battler was starting to get an idea (or perhaps already realized) the 'truth' about Beatrice's precarious situation and felt that she really was pitiable. I mean, she basically asked him "Please kill me...!" many times with utmost sincerity (God preserve us from a second Beatroll).

Thanks to Tjaard!
Old 2009-12-25, 01:53   Link #231
musouka

Quote:
Perhaps Battler was starting to get an idea (or perhaps already realized) the 'truth' about Beatrice's precarious situation and felt that she really was pitiable. I mean, she basically asked him "Please kill me...!" many times with utmost sincerity (God preserve us from a second Beatroll).
At this point, it doesn't matter whether it's a troll or not to Battler, since the anime cut another one of his lines about how, when he saw the tracks of blood on her tearstained face, he decided to believe in her words because her tears had the "red truth" mixed in with them.

Or, as Twelve Kingdoms so beautifully put it: "My choice to trust someone and them betraying me have nothing to do with one another."

Being able to trust in Beato to that extent, even after what the two of them have been through, is something beautiful. Trying to downplay it as pity or sympathy for a rival doesn't cut it for me.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2009-12-25, 02:08   Link #232
bereal31

I think I see an apparent contradiction here. Toward the end, Beato says everyone is dead except you Battler, no one is alive except you Battler. Then she says she is going to kill Battler and I guess pretty much implies that she is a person. But it cannot be a person if only Battler is alive. So she has to be something non-human.

If I was Battler I would say:

"You are a TRAP!!"

OR...

"You are KILLER ROBOT!!"
Old 2009-12-25, 02:21   Link #233
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Actually, even if he's dead, the culprit can kill Battler. A timed bomb left behind by the culprit would work perfectly, for example.
Old 2009-12-25, 02:36   Link #234
Used Can

I wonder if anyone has posted this video in this thread already (if anyone has already posted it, I apologise). This is basically a video done by Japanese fans for the scene with the final mystery in EP4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo

For an amateur project, it's quite a terrific job and it delivered the scene really well in my opinion.

(If that video shouldn't have been posted here, then I'd be glad if a mod deletes this post.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereal31 View Post
But it cannot be a person if only Battler is alive. So she has to be something non-human.
Well, Beatrice asked "Who am I?" not "What am I?" So, she should be human. Also, 34 confirmed her to be human.

Spoiler for Human Beato:

So, basically, the question is how could a person that is no longer alive could have killed Battler. What D0rYn said is actually quite a good theory, that has been there for quite some time. So, I think that's out best bet for now. Unless there's some odd meaning for what it means to be alive or dead, but I doubt it.
Old 2009-12-25, 02:38   Link #235
Rei-Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bereal31 View Post
I think I see an apparent contradiction here. Toward the end, Beato says everyone is dead except you Battler, no one is alive except you Battler. Then she says she is going to kill Battler and I guess pretty much implies that she is a person. But it cannot be a person if only Battler is alive. So she has to be something non-human.

There is a theory that Beatrice is actually

Spoiler for Beatrice:
Old 2009-12-25, 04:19   Link #236
michirusan

We're still stuck at speculation for just about ALL of the deaths, anyway. Heck, we haven't even ruled out the STORM as a cause, even. Hurricane Beatrice, maybe?
Old 2009-12-25, 04:36   Link #237
Luxa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Higurashi S1 didn't stand on its own at all.

Nothing was answered. It just ended with the power of friendship saving Rena in one world.
I didn't mean it stood on its own mystery-wise, I meant it had the dynamics of a proper series and the ending gave a kind of satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdri View Post
There wasn't much characterization for both in the VN at this point as well. This part was more of a mocking of all the final confrontation with many cruel (red) facts, some yuri subtext and both of them being surprisingly evil trolls. The characterization should have been in the tea parties of the earlier arcs, so the problem lies elsewhere.

Well actually both had the fun of their life mocking Anges cruel death (the much cited Angeburgers joke) and Beatos fate as are both kind of opposed to Beatos victory. Lambda also made fun of Battler ridiculous claims (especially the small bombs ) and the VN scene ended with both of them showing big troll faces. So they obviously only set this up for the lulz.

But what really sparked the "ZOMG Bern is eviiiil" talk were the misinterpretations of her character as an expy of Rika by the fans with knowledge of Higurashi. It was a cleverly placed trap by the author for those who enjoyed applying "Higurashi concepts" to the Umineko story.
The fact that all but this last VN scene showed her with a variation of her expressionless face also contributed to the effect that many never saw it coming even if she described herself as cruel and merciless from the very beginning.
Thanks, I get it now. I've always seen Bernkastel as someone extremely creepy because of her complete lack of emotions. But I'm surprised about the two of them working together for fun part, in that sense I was trapped by Higurashi.
Old 2009-12-25, 04:55   Link #238
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxa View Post
But I'm surprised about the two of them working together for fun part, in that sense I was trapped by Higurashi.
Who? Bern and 34? They aren't exactly working together. Bern does want to win the game, whereas 34 wants to keep it running as long as possible (this is why she tends to help both sides, since her objective is to keep the status quo). This was shown throughout the first 4 episodes of the SN, and I'd say the anime did somewhat hint that much.
Old 2009-12-25, 05:52   Link #239
frenze12

The lack of red truth was killing me especially during the Gretel-Ange scene, where is the "I can't trust anything that isn't red" line? Seriously Ange can say whatever she want, no red = no truth.

And god I mis the scene where Beato was
Spoiler for ep4:

Finding the truth is simple, all you have to do is believe 'that' it is the the truth. (persona 4)
__
Old 2009-12-25, 07:25   Link #240
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

I was kinda dissapointed by the Red vs. Blue T^T
Closed Thread