AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-31, 15:40   Link #341
littlegal100
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
no no no no! How come Lady Maria and Saku were defeated by some fu...fu..furniture?! And also Rosa who pwned hundred goats?

geez i so dont like these four right now...
I know -_-

I lost some respect for all 4 of them, especially George and Shanon (I for no doubt dislike them now)
littlegal100 is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 15:41   Link #342
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Quote:
Besides, how easily DID Kanon kill her? Did she even put up ANY form of resistence?
Kanon surprised her. They were talking and then slice. He was gentle adn respectful..Shannon on the other hand....

Quote:
no no no no! How come Lady Maria and Saku were defeated by some fu...fu..furniture?! And also Rosa who pwned hundred goats?
Resolve is everything. The fought for the ones they loved...Maria fought for pure revenge.

I like george even more since this episode because he was honest etc. telling SHannon how he looked down on everyone etc. He is now a real adult I guess^^ I first was angry at them for doing that just for their love... but I kinda can understand them. Kyrie dug her own grave. If she hadn't told jessica about the hell through which she lived without Rudolph Jessica might had not the resolve to kill her.
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 15:52   Link #343
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I think she got inspired because of Kyrie, actually

after all, Kyrie did say that she would kill Ayumu herself had Ayumu survived her ordeals

Jessica's counter attack was brutal and true, though (from my memory) "What you have is merely jealousy, aunt Kyrie. You do no possess love"
Key Board is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 15:57   Link #344
~Ayane~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Resolve is everything. The fought for the ones they loved...Maria fought for pure revenge.
lol what? so you say Maria is more guilty because she started fighting with her moms murderer? if she didnt love her she wouldnt even want to get revenge in the first place.

this is facked up, oh yeah, lets start killing people because some trap demons told us we can then be happy lovey dovey 4ever...this is sooo beautiful way to show love...

oh and yeah, its Kyries fault too, because telling your niece something about you isnt the wisest thing. because there always is a probability that she is lovestrucked possessed by demon crazy bi...girl...

and yeah George is very adult murdering her mom instead of saying "i love her, im marrying her. period" and then stopping conversation. o_O


and it doesnt matter if these are fantasy scenes or not, they have to "behave according to their own nature" after all...
~Ayane~ is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 16:09   Link #345
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
... Are the thread guidelines all that cryptic to be ignored like that?

I already warned people regarding the purpose of this thread, but I think a blatant copy paste of the guidelines again, with emphasis, might be better

Quote:
Considering the rapid change of discussion in Episode 4 and 5 thread, the guidelines will change accordingly.
All Episode Threads serve only as a place to leave reviews, opinions, comments regarding the episode in order to leave everything solely centred on how the game is (sub-discussion like summaries etc are fine as well).

If any of you would like to weave theories and the like, please post in the [Game] Umineko - Spoilers and speculations thread instead.

Consequently, please do not start jumping on a single detail and already make a theory if you didn't read Episode 6 yet: rather use the aforementioned thread if it is really needed.
Again, this thread doesn't serve as a place to have multiple and countless queries about "what happened" and the like.
The only "appropriate" thread for that is the spoiler one, and even this one would be totally overloaded.

I will simply ask all of those who can't be patient enough to simply contact players and/or spoiled people with different means (PM, visitor message, messengers, IRC, livejournal spoiler site, etc).
Again, I will not allow any kind of reactions that were numerous lately. This isn't a thread to get spoilers people, it is a discussion thread.

I will keep this thread closed while I'm cleaning up (hopefully done before my connection time out).
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 16:41   Link #346
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
As I think answering this counts as discussion I'll post..if it doesn't I'm sorry.

I think Ayana misunderstood me
Quote:
lol what? so you say Maria is more guilty because she started fighting with her moms murderer? if she didnt love her she wouldnt even want to get revenge in the first place.
I don't know how you come from "How was Shannon able" to guilty. I said that Shannon was able to defeat Maria was simply because her resolve was a lot stronger than Maria's desire for revenge, ALso is Shannon's magic on the level of a middle class magican (as stated in the episode 2 TIPS) and Maria is an apprentice

Quote:
Quote:
this is facked up, oh yeah, lets start killing people because some trap demons told us we can then be happy lovey dovey 4ever...this is sooo beautiful way to show love...
Like I said I first was angry at them but then...I understood. The trial had the setup "Win or loose your loved one forever" Loosing somneone forever is like dead to me. Imagine it..you have to possiblity to save that person..how far would you be ready to go? I can understand them somehow. Of ocurse it's wrong but I'm able to relate to that.

Quote:
Quote:
oh and yeah, its Kyries fault too, because telling your niece something about you isnt the wisest thing. because there always is a probability that she is lovestrucked possessed by demon crazy bi...girl...
I never stated that it was Kyrie's fault but that in the end she dug her own grave. Without that talk she might have survived because Jessica's resolve was to weak in the beginning, she hestitated and even missed a chance to kill her. It's not her fault she oculdn't have known (maybe she could...cause Jessica wasn't looking that..ehm happy during that scene she had her melancholic face on) Kyrie wanted to be nice and help jessica with her problem but with that she dug her own grave.

Quote:
Quote:
and yeah George is very adult murdering her mom instead of saying "i love her, im marrying her. period" and then stopping conversation. o_O
First I didn't mean that scene please read properly. I menat the scne of George's proposal to Shannon in which he admited the worst things about himself. On how he arrogantly looked down to his "stupid" cousins and even wooed Shannon just for the heck of itand cuz it made him feel great.

Did you actually read Epsiode 6 ?
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-12-31 at 16:52.
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 16:49   Link #347
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I personally think it is totally silly to judge a character in this kind of situation because:

1) even if a character isn't bend completely, a character controlled by the "witch side" might do something they "wouldn't", but still "could". This is exactly the same fact regarding Episode 5 gameboard.
Because of this, even if you consider their actions not as "out of character", it isn't something they would do, unless <great> circumstances and factors are at stake, which can happen to any human being alike.
I really have no bloody damn idea why it should have an impact to the overal personality, thus, appreciation of said character.

2) the lack of information, mood and exact words used really don't help.

I really think this point should not be discussed if one didn't even read the damn Episode.
That's like people complaining about Erika being a mary sue before even reading Episode 5, since her presence is nowhere close to the conventional "everything is fixed".
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 17:16   Link #348
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I thought Erika was a mary sue because she pretty much:

-Comes to the island and solves the epitaph with Battler
-Goes on and on and on and on about how wonderful a detective she is
-Every human but Battler seems to be more than okay with her prancing around and doing as she pleases.


But going away from that. George only attacked Eva mostly because she attacked first. She (or rather Evatrice) was saying that she was going to put George back into her womb and that her red web was the womb. I mean just wow. Is it me or is Eva one of those yandere mothers who loves her a son a bit too much

I liked Kyrie's battle though. Being able to summon Leviathan to help her out was pretty kickass. It's really a shame she died though - it's not like she intentionally tried to get Jessica angry at her.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 17:22   Link #349
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 24
I don't think Mary Sues don't usually brag about themselves... it's the other characters and author who do the bragging for her. The fact that she was so full of herself was an obvious character flaw of her's, which makes her seem like less of a Mary Sue to me.

Wow, I really want to read the George and Jessica battles in this episode even more now.
__________________

momobunny is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 17:33   Link #350
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I thought Erika was a mary sue because she pretty much:

-Comes to the island and solves the epitaph with Battler
-Goes on and on and on and on about how wonderful a detective she is
-Every human but Battler seems to be more than okay with her prancing around and doing as she pleases.


But going away from that. George only attacked Eva mostly because she attacked first. She (or rather Evatrice) was saying that she was going to put George back into her womb and that her red web was the womb. I mean just wow. Is it me or is Eva one of those yandere mothers who loves her a son a bit too much

I liked Kyrie's battle though. Being able to summon Leviathan to help her out was pretty kickass. It's really a shame she died though - it's not like she intentionally tried to get Jessica angry at her.
How DO Jessica and George fight in this scene specifically? I heard that Jessica uses the powers of the demon possessing her, but does she? And is that also the case with George?

And I get how Kanon can off Rosa, but how the bloody hell does SHANNON off MARIA?
immblueversion is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 17:33   Link #351
Isekaijin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I liked Kyrie's battle though. Being able to summon Leviathan to help her out was pretty kickass. It's really a shame she died though - it's not like she intentionally tried to get Jessica angry at her.
¿WHAT? SO NOW EVERYONE IN THE FREAKING ISLAND CAN USE MAGIC?

I could hardly digest Jessica and George... Now Kyrie has become a summoner? What now? Gohda can make appear goats with chef hats? Rudolph can revive Elvis Presley?

Jezz... Rate this is going, even the mackarels will be able to use magic...
Isekaijin is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 17:35   Link #352
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Kyrie can't use magic. I should reword it: Kyrie didn't summon Leviathan. Leviathan came to her rescue rather than that. On the flip side Jessica gets help from Ronove.

Maria begins fighting Kanon, but then Shannon comes in to help. The two of them kill her.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 17:37   Link #353
~Ayane~
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
First I didn't mean that scene please read properly
i know i was talking about overall him...whatever

Quote:
Like I said I first was angry at them but then...I understood. The trial had the setup "Win or loose your loved one forever" Loosing somneone forever is like dead to me. Imagine it..you have to possiblity to save that person..how far would you be ready to go? I can understand them somehow. Of ocurse it's wrong but I'm able to relate to that.
yes...i think losing someone forever is the worst thing in the world...but still im not sure if i would kill little girl's mom and little girl just out of my pure egoism...putting George aside because at least Eva had something to do with his feeling, but Kanon? Jessica? How did Rosa or Kyrie block their way to happiness. This whole trial is just stupid, it would be better if the four of them was just trying to kill each other instead

Quote:
don't know how you come from "How was Shannon able" to guilty. I said that Shannon was able to defeat Maria was simply because her resolve was a lot stronger than Maria's desire for revenge,
Quote:
Resolve is everything. The fought for the ones they loved...Maria fought for pure revenge.
maybe i misinterpret but you made it sound like such pretty emotion like love couldnt lose to mere desire to get revenge

Quote:
ALso is Shannon's magic on the level of a middle class magican (as stated in the episode 2 TIPS) and Maria is an apprentice
but Maria has a lot more potential than Shannon and is a witch and from what i know Shannon is not...(?)...so i would expect Maria to snap and release hidden powers in situations like that...but maybe shonen'ish rules doesnt apply here (anymore xD) whatever...

Quote:
Did you actually read Epsiode 6 ?
ehehe xD not really, but i read first scene and the fights at least.
~Ayane~ is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 17:37   Link #354
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Kyrie can't use magic. I should reword it: Kyrie didn't summon Leviathan. Leviathan came to her rescue rather than that. On the flip side Jessica gets help from Ronove.

Maria begins fighting Kanon, but then Shannon comes in to help. The two of them kill her.
I figured as much from Kyrie.
immblueversion is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 18:00   Link #355
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Hey, check this out:

Spoiler for Kyrie:


Yes, this is in EP6.
immblueversion is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 18:13   Link #356
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Golden Land
Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I don't think people should judge Jessica, Kanon, Shannon, and George, because really, they didn't have a choice. I'm sure they didn't want to kill anyone, but they're in love, they want to be with the person they love forever, and when you love someone, you'll go to the farthest depths in the world to just be with that person. So, of course they'd kill to be with the one they love, if they didn't have any other choice.
Midnight Bliss is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 18:20   Link #357
Forsaken_Infinity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United States of America
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneleth View Post
The stakes are Kinzo's stakes.
The siestas are Kinzo's guns.

Gaap is Nanjo.
Hmm...so then:

Butler Ronove = Genji

Hoohohing wise old witch Virgilia = Kumasawa

Guest who opens up holes and the like aka Ga(a)p = Nanjo

Freaky trapkid twins Zepar and Furfur = The "On"s

Then then, Milady Princess golden witch Beatrice = Ugh...Jessica? I mean, she is "Milady" and "Princess" and is freakishly close to Kumasawa (Episode 1, scene in Nijima harbor). But she loves Kanon lol. Hmm, any hint as to if Beatrice also had anything for the trapkid?

Btw guys, how do I use that Atlas thing? All I did was go through the game in Japanese, trying to make stuff out in my head based on music and the illustrations T_T.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 18:24   Link #358
KnightOfTwo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Well Beato seems to have always held a particular sense of joy from tormenting Kanon, maybe Jessica is a closet S ? Come to think of it that would explain the brass knuckles.
KnightOfTwo is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 18:27   Link #359
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I don't think you can fit the two Beatos that appear to a character. But that's just me.

Replaying right now. And wow is this depressing. Battler actually becomes so upset he pretty much plays pretend. Poor guy.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-12-31, 18:34   Link #360
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
I don't think people should judge Jessica, Kanon, Shannon, and George, because really, they didn't have a choice. I'm sure they didn't want to kill anyone, but they're in love, they want to be with the person they love forever, and when you love someone, you'll go to the farthest depths in the world to just be with that person. So, of course they'd kill to be with the one they love, if they didn't have any other choice.
Did people really forget the tests in EP4 so quickly?
immblueversion is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.