AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-02, 11:21   Link #481
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator

Shkanon isnt necessary it is the same as this: In this room there is 18 apples , Even if we include your apples there is 17 apples it dosent say that it cant be more than 17 people/apples
Old 2010-01-02, 11:22   Link #482
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
If she used those same words. She is the 18 what? She never said 18th person on rokkenjima.Even if she said it she doesnt specify what 18 person.

If dead people dont count then the number of people in rokkenjima must go down.Everytime a twilight is performed.
She said: I am the 18th guest coming to Rokkenjima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
Shkanon isnt necessary it is the same as this: In this room there is 18 apples , Even if we include your apples there is 17 apples it dosent say that it cant be more than 17 people/apples
It's not "There are ..." but "It (the number) is 17".
Old 2010-01-02, 11:25   Link #483
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator

okay I'm not fluent in english so I dont really understand the difference.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:28   Link #484
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

If "it is 17" then it can't be anything else except 17.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:32   Link #485
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator

Thanks for the information ^^ ''There is and ''It is'' is translated the same way into swedish so I didnt know that.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:53   Link #486
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Is it definitely stated in such a way that someone other than Erika must be the fake? Or is it just another way of saying she doesn't exist, i.e. if I have 17 apples and add an imaginary apple...I still have 17 apples. 17+0 is still just 17. And just because Erika is the 18th person doesn't mean she's real, or on Rokkenjima.

Edit: That said, Shkanon is seeming more and more likely, and I'd even probably put some money on it being real. Glad that I personally don't care their pairings ^^;
Old 2010-01-02, 12:10   Link #487
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

About Erika, she must be real. There are some red texts in the game that said Battler, Erika and Kanon are 3 people, and 3 bodies.
And the red texts also mention about Erika go through a door in Rokkenjima, so she must be in Rokkenjima.
Old 2010-01-02, 12:14   Link #488
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
There are some red texts in the game that said Battler, Erika and Kanon are 3 people, and 3 bodies.
Doesn't that even kinda deny Shkannon? Think about it... Kanon is one person and body right? Theerfore he can't be SHannon/Beato etc. And yes I'm trying to deny Shkannon
Old 2010-01-02, 12:14   Link #489
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
About Erika, she must be real. There are some red texts in the game that said Battler, Erika and Kanon are 3 people, and 3 bodies.
And the red texts also mention about Erika go through a door in Rokkenjima, so she must be in Rokkenjima.
Ugh. I'm sort of getting confused on people's interpertation of Erika.

Here's mine:

Based on the red text: Erika does not influence the game, Erika is merely a metaphor of the detective. Her existence is merely those of the "demons" we see.

So Erika's work in Ep. 5 is a confirmation of where everyone is; it's merely a confirmation for many people and evidence.

Hence even if Erika wasn't there, everything would still go as planned.
(I hope my red wasnt' a mistake)
Old 2010-01-02, 12:17   Link #490
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Doesn't that even kinda deny Shkannon? Think about it... Kanon is one person and body right? Theerfore he can't be SHannon/Beato etc. And yes I'm trying to deny Shkannon
Unless it mentioned Shannon in that text, then it doesn't deny Shkanon.

If it was "Battler, Erika, Kanon, and Shannon are 4 people, 4 bodies" then that would deny it.
Old 2010-01-02, 12:17   Link #491
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Yes, Kanon is one person with one body. But it doesn't mean that he can't have another name as Shanon.

And btw, the red texts in the end of EP4 just deny that others disguise as Kanon, there is no problem if Kanon disguise others.
Old 2010-01-02, 12:19   Link #492
Kitsu
The unlucky one

What I meant was..that since Kanon is one person and one body. If he were SHannon as well wouldn't that be 2 persons and one body? ... *sigh* What am I talking about? I'm risking my neck with careless talk again.
Old 2010-01-02, 12:21   Link #493
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Ah, I guess that makes sense... Didn't think about it that way, but I would count Shannon and Kanon being in one body as "2 persons and one body"
Old 2010-01-02, 12:30   Link #494
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
And who the fuck was that dark room person? I never got a grasp on that.
That was simply Battler, when he was tortured to death by the Logic Error. It is basically big foreshadowing and creepy scenes, a bit like the wedding spoiler scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Ugh. I'm sort of getting confused on people's interpertation of Erika.

Here's mine:

Based on the red text: Erika does not influence the game, Erika is merely a metaphor of the detective. Her existence is merely those of the "demons" we see.
That red is effective only about Erika for Episode 1-4.
"Furudo Erika had no influence on any of Beato's games before now."

Quote:
So Erika's work in Ep. 5 is a confirmation of where everyone is; it's merely a confirmation for many people and evidence.
No, that is wrong. Proof of it:
"Furudo Erika only increases it by one person."

You can't have a metaphor, if the said person count is increased. Otherwise, that mean all the other 17 can be considered as metaphors, which is totally far fetched.

Erika does exist in Episode 5, and her last red proves she did exist in Ep6 as well.
Old 2010-01-02, 12:38   Link #495
Megaolix

Someone answer this: No one asked anything or said anything at the first twilight of Episode 3? The fact that both Shannon and Kanon die in it and the adults found everyone?

I know Battler wasn't there, but one of them would have said something if there was a missing body, don't you think?
Old 2010-01-02, 12:43   Link #496
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
What I meant was..that since Kanon is one person and one body. If he were SHannon as well wouldn't that be 2 persons and one body? ... *sigh* What am I talking about? I'm risking my neck with careless talk again.
Actually it happens like this:
- Beato said in red that Battler, Erika and Kanon are 3 people.
- Erika ask Beato whether the number of people is the same as the number of bodies.
- Then Beato said: Of course. 3 people, so there are 3 bodies.
Old 2010-01-02, 13:15   Link #497
ijriims

Okay, let me say this:

If we are counting the order of people who have been on or arrived at Rokkenjima on Oct 4-5, disregarding people who had died before this date (Kinzo), then Erika was the 18th people. (disregarding the number of people who had died BETWEEN Oct4 and 5, because if doing so, the five mothers would have to be not counted as well)

However, if we are counting the number of living people at the time when Erika arrived at Rokkenjima, then she was the 17th.

The meaning of Erika and Battler's red texts were not the same, so they could be true at the same time.
Old 2010-01-02, 13:30   Link #498
Augustus

But cant Shkanon be one person 2 bodies?
Old 2010-01-02, 13:31   Link #499
Leinne
Who... am I?

Did anyone actually read the end, it isn't taht difficult
Erika, for the last time before dying presents herself as the 18th peson, because she believes she's the 18th
BeaBato correct her and say she's the 17th
there are just 16 people in Rokkenjima+erika being the 17th, that's definite, Erika is the 17th person, that's all, by this Shkanon is true because there's no other way around
Old 2010-01-02, 13:37   Link #500
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
And it isn't that difficult for it to be something else, because Ryukishi can come up with anything. It isnt that difficult for it to not be Shkanon, as well. While it isn't outright confirmed, we can make any theories as long as we can and keep making different assumptions because nobody knows what Ryukishi is going to throw at us in the end. I personally will deny Shkanon as long as there is no confirmation, because I myself don't buy any of it. There's countless different thinks Ryukishi can throw at us that we won't expect, and I won't buy Shkanon unless I have to. Using the same thing twice seems kind of eh for Ryukishi, I don't think he'd pull a Shmion type of thing on us again, but like I said, who knows?
Closed Thread