AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-09-27, 10:40   Link #2281
Ending

@ Oujirou

I remember that one; it's from Toybox, isn't it? Shame that they changed the text, as "Say hello... again <heart>" fitted to the pic so much better.

Their best work.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 14:02   Link #2282
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
Wow, it's only been a day and I changed my wallpaper already. XD I guess I couldn't pry myself away from overly bright things afterall.

Made it yesterday afternoon. Took me an hour or so. Even though I don't like blue, I think it looks good. ^^;

Let's see how long it takes me to get bored of it! :P
I'm curious how you made that. ^^;

Mind sharing the secrets behind it?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 17:23   Link #2283
Yuiichi
Retired.

Well, it hasn't been long since i last posted a screen. I got tired of my laptop wallpaper fast, so i changed it to a .hack//SIGN themed one.

Notice the beautiful transparency of the taskbar, and also the game icons. Thats right, i did add Halo: Combat Evolved to my collection ^_^

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-27, 18:22   Link #2284
SirJeannot
AT Field

slight update
found some very nice pics in t3h photograph thread
Old 2004-09-28, 01:41   Link #2285
xargon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Well, it hasn't been long since i last posted a screen. I got tired of my laptop wallpaper fast, so i changed it to a .hack//SIGN themed one.

Notice the beautiful transparency of the taskbar, and also the game icons. Thats right, i did add Halo: Combat Evolved to my collection ^_^

Spoiler:
it looks purdy, nice and simple
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 15:16   Link #2286
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I'm curious how you made that. ^^;

Mind sharing the secrets behind it?
with i, too ^^

Quote:
ah~ very nice. how did you make the taskbar transparent? i would like that very much, yes hobo would.

desk top is still the same, but i will change it soon. sooner if i figger out how to make the taskbar trans.

Last edited by hobobaggins; 2004-09-28 at 15:18. Reason: i forgot a k
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 20:38   Link #2287
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
ah~ very nice. how did you make the taskbar transparent? i would like that very much, yes hobo would.
Ok, heres where i come in handy ^_^

There is two ways to do it, and i have tried both ways, so i know.

First way, you need an nVidia card. Get the new drivers from the nVidia site. A little systray icon should appear... if it doesn't just right click on your desktop, and go to nView properties. Then go to effects and click the enable transparency box. Tadaaaa... transparent. ^_^ The only downside i find with this way is that when you go into graphic intensive programs (iTunes in my case), the transparency goes away. It might just be my card... it's a little old -_-'

The second way is to get style xp. The new version is very nice.. get it from themexp.org i think. Once you get that, click the transparency tab, and set the taskbar to transparent. The cool thing about this is you can make the start menu, taskbar, and start menu menu's transparent as well. After you set stuff to transparent, go to the main menu, and select do not use any resources... if you don't plan to skin as well. That will give you transparency, without using your system resources. This does not have the downside of the previous way!

Hope this helps you hobo ^_^
Old 2004-09-29, 04:33   Link #2288
sarcasteak
WAHA~

This is how my desktop looks like at this moment (time for bed!)
My taskbar died after IE crashed, but my desktop personalities remained. Stupid dog, go away...I want some private time with my sexy maid!~ >_<
Old 2004-09-29, 16:00   Link #2289
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
hmmm....haven't posted here in a while i think....here's my desktop but it's the same theme....
Old 2004-09-29, 16:05   Link #2290
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

whee! desktop.

might change it to this
Spoiler:

but switched back to
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-29, 19:32   Link #2291
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Alright..... it's been a very long while since I posted a desktop anywhere.

So.. here's my current one. There isn't much to show for the wallpaper except for Yukari and Nyamo in the corner, so I left some of my windows up to make it look less boring.

Window decorations are still the same ones I've had for the past couple months or so. I like them.... so, yah.

Cool things going on... I now have two gkrellm monitors running. lostech is the computer you're looking at. ayumu is a headless box in my closet. So, not going to post a screenshot of that box... nothing to show

Anyways. So, explanations of windows.... we have Gaim.. some aterms, Beep Media Player (yay, supports unicode, and can convert shift-jis ID3 tags to unicode on the fly). Also, the gtk distcc monitor. (Showing how ayumu and lostech work together to compile software for each other)
Spoiler:

Linux is fun indeed.
Old 2004-09-29, 21:14   Link #2292
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Now that is the type of desktop I like to see! *meow*

if (anime_suki.user_desktop == (linux || freeBSD))
rep++;
else if (anime_suki.user_desktop == windoze)
std::cout << "I'm sick of seeing your boring desktops! They all look the same!" << std::endl;
else
std::cout << "Well, I can at least respect you for being different!" << std::endl;

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 21:45   Link #2293
ubb

Comment on rcxAsh's screencap, I don't think I can actually read what's within the terminal, seeing as how both the font and the background color uses some sort of gray variants. And the other thing I noticed among linux gurus is that they like using stylish yet unreadable fonts on the application header, personally, I don't like it, but whatever.

This is my current desktop.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ubb; 2004-09-30 at 00:38.
ubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 22:31   Link #2294
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

I just felt like being uber-silly, so I made the most ridiculous desktop setup ever. Taking into account I run a laptop, I'm surprised that my system still runs. .
Spoiler for craziness XD:
Old 2004-09-29, 22:51   Link #2295
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Hope this helps you hobo ^_^
yes yes much thanks.

woah! stumbles on an awesome desktop :O

so imma skip the one posted before in favor of yoriko san (i think)

Spoiler:

<--- still needs to get stylexp....

edit: whoo! 2,300 th post O_o man thats a big #
Old 2004-09-29, 23:50   Link #2296
ubb

Why are there so many mac wannabes using win xp? -_-
ubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 02:24   Link #2297
ramune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
I just felt like being uber-silly, so I made the most ridiculous desktop setup ever. Taking into account I run a laptop, I'm surprised that my system still runs. .
Spoiler for craziness XD:
You must have a really good laptop to run all those programs at once.

I really like that wallpaper. Would you mind posting the original image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubb
I don't see anything wrong with it. It's our system. Let us do as we wish.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 02:43   Link #2298
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubb
Because the mac looks cool. That's not the reason we don't have macs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 11:46   Link #2299
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubb
I really have no idea what you are talking about ... where do you get that idea?

god ... insane ... that's just preposterous ... ludicrous even.

Spoiler:
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 12:43   Link #2300
rcxAsh
Do you Gentoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubb
Comment on rcxAsh's screencap, I don't think I can actually read what's within the terminal, seeing as how both the font and the background color uses some sort of gray variants. And the other thing I noticed among linux gurus is that they like using stylish yet unreadable fonts on the application header, personally, I don't like it, but whatever.
Hehe, regarding the terminal colours. When I focus one, the foreground becomes white, instead of the grey that you see in the other two terminals. Hmm, but you bring up a good point. I've been using my aterm the way it is for so long that I have forgotten that I can change the font color. Since I'm using a light background now, perhaps I will use a black foreground.

Oh, and regarding the unreadable title bars. Yah, they're hard to read. But, I don't find myself reading application title bars much anyways. I do hear what you say and I'm probably due for a change soon.

I used to use strictly straight and sharp fonts. But then, for some reason, I decided to try out a cursive font for parts of the environment. It just looked more relaxed and carefree to me.

When I get some time, I want to see about getting my title bars on the sides of the wnidows instead of the top. I wonder how that will be?

Hehe. BTW, nice enlightenment environment there. How is enlightenment anyways? Size and speed wise good?

Lol, and Roots lol, thanks again. You like Linux desktops, don't you? Hahaha. But.. would you still give me a rep++ if I started using XPde? Haha. Joking. Being different is fun.. i think.

Tags
customize, desktop, rainmeter, wallpaper