AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-08-18, 15:05   Link #1
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Godzilla Movie



Godzilla is getting an animated movie for 2017.
Studio is going to be Polygon Pictures and Gen Urobuchi will be involved with the storyboard/draft.

Source (official site)
http://godzilla-anime.com/index.html
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 16:03   Link #2
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post


Godzilla is getting an animated movie for 2017.
Studio is going to be Polygon Pictures and Gen Urobuchi will be involved with the storyboard/draft.

Source (official site)
http://godzilla-anime.com/index.html
Polygon Pictures - Sidonia no Kishi and Ajin had amazing action scenes, so has not criticized.

Gen Urobuchi - well, the guy is amazing, then OK
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 17:42   Link #3
alex_drian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Well, that save to Godzilla of not be a cute girl
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 18:04   Link #4
Akuma Kousaka
奇跡だよ!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 浦の星
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Akuma Kousaka Send a message via Skype™ to Akuma Kousaka
Nuclear horror with a horror director. Hideaki Anno isn't the only one taking on bigger things these days

Get hype
__________________
Nico x Honoka <3Do you know what's the most important thing about climbing mountains?
It's not about having the courage to challenge it
It's about having the courage to back down

~Nozomi Tōjō
Akuma Kousaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 18:12   Link #5
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Wait... has Godzilla ever had an anime before?

Either way, great news.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 20:16   Link #6
n0m@n
Needs a Life
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Nice. As a Godzilla-fan I'm quite happy with this news. Can't wait years for the movies to come out. So it will be a good entertainment till the actual films comes out.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 23:04   Link #7
Going Seafoam
Lolimancer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
Aside from me liking Godzilla, I'd be willing to give it a watch for Urobuchi alone. Nice.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/2BGZ0Et.png
Going Seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 23:13   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Wait... has Godzilla ever had an anime before?
I don’t know if he ever got his own series in the past, but Godzila has been turned into anime-form in some occasions (see my post in Godzilla Resurgence thread). But there’s an American animated series made by Sony based on the 1998 movie if you want to count that:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That series is fun btw, but only if you accept that the “Godzilla” in this one is not Godzilla, but a giant Iguanosaur that can breathe radiated green-fire and dig the ground real fast like a mole. Oh, and he’s more or less a pet of the MC in that series. All the episodes are available on Youtube in case somebody is bored enough .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 23:18   Link #9
Akuma Kousaka
奇跡だよ!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 浦の星
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Akuma Kousaka Send a message via Skype™ to Akuma Kousaka
^Zilla Jr. is also closer in spirit and ability to Classic G than his dad
__________________
Nico x Honoka <3Do you know what's the most important thing about climbing mountains?
It's not about having the courage to challenge it
It's about having the courage to back down

~Nozomi Tōjō
Akuma Kousaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 23:22   Link #10
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don’t know if he ever got his own series in the past, but Godzila has been turned into anime-form in some occasions (see my post in Godzilla Resurgence thread). But there’s an American animated series made by Sony based on the 1998 movie if you want to count that:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That series is fun btw, but only if you accept that the “Godzilla” in this one is not Godzilla, but a giant Iguanosaur that can breathe radiated green-fire and dig the ground real fast like a mole. Oh, and he’s more or less a pet of the MC in that series. All the episodes are available on Youtube in case somebody is bored enough .
I watched ALL of that show, not as bad as you'd expect.

Also, my experience with "original" Godzilla (I do know the big guy has had his share of reimaginigs and reboots) only reaches a couple movies, including 2000. That's part of why I asked that question.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 11:11   Link #11
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Godzilla has never appeared in anime but has made a cameo in Crayon-Shin-chan.
Also, his first animated appearance was this.

__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 14:25   Link #12
IceHism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
I hope the CGI isn't shitty
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 19:01   Link #13
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Strangely enough, I'm less bothered by CGI if the show is all-CGI. So if they do it pure CGI I guess I'll be okay with it. But if it's CGI with hand-drawn, It'll be a lot harder for me to stomach it. That said, if Gen Urobuchi actually has full creative control of the story we might be in for an actually scary Godzilla anime.

EDIT "Gen Urobuchi will be involved with the storyboard/draft."...uhm...okay. I'm worried now.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2016-08-19 at 19:02. Reason: Correction
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 21:06   Link #14
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Strangely enough, I'm less bothered by CGI if the show is all-CGI. So if they do it pure CGI I guess I'll be okay with it. But if it's CGI with hand-drawn, It'll be a lot harder for me to stomach it. That said, if Gen Urobuchi actually has full creative control of the story we might be in for an actually scary Godzilla anime.

EDIT "Gen Urobuchi will be involved with the storyboard/draft."...uhm...okay. I'm worried now.
According to the website Urobuchi is on original story and script, so it's fine

A Godzilla anime will be very interesting and it looks like this does not take place on earth too
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.