AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-05-31, 22:15   Link #1
TaintedDream
Translator

[Browser] Aegis - Thousand Year War

From the magnificent company that brought you KanColle. DMM presents, Aegis, Thousand Year War!!
A free browser H-TD where you form an army (harem) of beautiful girls to defend against the forces of evil!
ALL female characters have two H-Scenes. Yes. I said ALL of them. I believe there are about 45 female characters? So roughly 100 H-Scenes to unlock, viewable at any time after unlocking them.

Game link
http://www.dmm.co.jp/en/netgame/feature/aigis.html

To play, you have to change your PC's timezone to UTC +900 Tokyo Time. No translation available unfortunately, although I do know how to navigate all of the screens and what each of the numbers means if needed.

Last edited by TaintedDream; 2014-06-01 at 21:45.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 22:32   Link #2
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mmm... tried this one.

The early levels aren't very hectic. Though the unit placement slots really confuse me. The whole meelee ranged towers are kind of off putting as well as since clealy there will be creatures too strong for the one on the front line and will eventually be eliminated for the backline to see some action. The main complaint I have for this is the range and placement of the very few ranged placement slots on the map. Even then the range of the ranged units(archers/magicians) is fairly short. Barely grazes a specific section of a path as far as I could see.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 22:43   Link #3
TaintedDream
Translator

You might not have noticed, but there are healers. Just drop a healer next to a tanky unit, and you'll be just fine a lot of the early levels. And range of the ranged units increases with Rarity, also with Class Up? So you might need to get some Gold / Platinum Archers before they can actually reach long enough to be useful.

What I do for early levels is first place a Heavy Infantry down, then behind him a place a Healer where they can just barely reach him (not sure if it's the same with archers/mages too, but you can actually hit slightly outside of the "range"). Then I sprinkle a few Archers in case of Fliers, and my Flame Mage next to the Heavy Infantry. Then I can just AFK the rest of the battle usually
Old 2014-05-31, 22:58   Link #4
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Guess I'll try getting back into it once I find the time. My internet has trouble getting into the game. Not sure if its the size of it or just bad connection.
Old 2014-05-31, 23:10   Link #5
TaintedDream
Translator

Have you remembered to change your Timezone?
Old 2014-06-01, 00:17   Link #6
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah, I'm on Japanese time zone mostly due to Kancolle. I mostly play Aegis on the side.

Considering where it's found, I find it kind of difficult to play it as my main game XD
Old 2014-06-01, 01:01   Link #7
TaintedDream
Translator

Not sure then. Although, I remember when I started this morning, I had a lot of trouble getting it to load at first. But once it started to work, it stayed working very well and loading extremely quickly.

Get any good girls yet?
Old 2014-06-01, 01:16   Link #8
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can't tell. As far as I know the heavy knight lady, basic archer girl and the healer have been my saving grace. The assassin isn't doing my any favors as I tend to unsummon her the second she hits red(which is quite often really).
Old 2014-06-01, 01:39   Link #9
TaintedDream
Translator

Yea, despite being silver, the assassin is rather weak. What you want from your melee troops are first off tankyness, then either the ability to fight multiple enemies at once, or insane damage to finish off one enemy and stop more enemies before they can run past.

Heavy Infantry seem to always fight up to 3, Swordsmen-like characters 2 enemies, and all other melee can only fight 1. So your main character (the Prince) who can only fight one enemy is weaker than you'd expect (he hits hard though, so it somewhat balances out?)

Rarity goes: Iron (dark grey border), Bronze(brown border), Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Black.

And it looks like there's an event going on, where if you finish off a chain of missions where you can only use the units they give you, you get a free Gold Tactician girl. (She hits hard and tanks 2 at a time). I think you've already started the chain if you have the Heavy Infantry girl. I think it also gives out a gold knight (hits hard, but only tanks 1 enemy). Because otherwise I have no idea where I got her from lol
Old 2014-06-01, 01:46   Link #10
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I really should get back to this game

my heavy knight girl was from about a month ago so I doubt its the event.

curiously, why add guys and monsters when the focus is the girls? honestly a lot of the male units don't even have faces!
Old 2014-06-01, 02:04   Link #11
TaintedDream
Translator

Most of the male characters are just "feed", since you'd probably feel bad throwing away girls for that lol. Male characters of the same level and rarity even give more xp than females (I think +50%?)

Btw, what rarity is the Heavy of yours?

Last edited by TaintedDream; 2014-06-01 at 09:55.
Old 2014-06-01, 02:31   Link #12
demino_hellsin
That one guy

iron bordered apparently. Guessing she's not part of the event?

I think I need a wikia for this one. I think one of the reasons I paused was because I was wasting resources without knowing that I was wasting resources XD

EDIT: I misinterpreted the colors. My female heavy is silver bordered.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-06-01 at 03:12.
Old 2014-06-01, 09:42   Link #13
TaintedDream
Translator

I was confused for a second there, since there are no Iron/Bronze girls.

Here's the wiki, NSFW ads btw.
http://seesaawiki.jp/aigis

Edit: She's Rean, and it appears you get one of her as a starter character, and can get two more from clearing certain missions.

Last edited by TaintedDream; 2014-06-01 at 10:04.
Old 2014-06-02, 21:03   Link #14
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Weird. I got the red fairy Sarah and wiki says she's supposed to give XP boost. But when I put her in fusion with the others it says she does nothing.
Old 2014-06-02, 21:12   Link #15
TaintedDream
Translator

She only boosts XP gain if you put her in with troops of the same rarity. So, first, you need to drop in red (Bronze) feeder heroes.

Also, here's a little strategy for later when you start using silver heroes as feed.
Normally, each fairy will multiply the bonus by 1.5 (1 fairy = 1.5x, 2 fairies = 2.25x, 3 fairies = 3.375x), however, if all three of the following: leveling hero, feeding hero, and fairy match in rarity, you get a huge bonus. Instead of 1.5, 2.25, 3.375, you get 2,4,8. Even a level 1 male silver hero will drop 2400 XP (About lvl 1 to ~20 instantly).

Don't bother leveling up Bronze heroes though, only use them as feed.
Old 2014-06-02, 21:19   Link #16
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That makes fair sense. Oh yeah, I've been searching the wiki but I can't for the life of me figure out what the meter is on the top part of the screen that recharges every hour and seems to reduce in number for every deployment.
Old 2014-06-02, 21:23   Link #17
TaintedDream
Translator

Ah, that one is for special battles. Like the ones where you get fairies + flower bouquets for the girls.

Btw, have you been using the silver, Blue-haired swordsman girl? I only realized yesterday, that her special skill is you get +5 Deployment Points back every 29 seconds. So as long as she survives a single minute, she's more than paid for herself.

P.S. If you haven't tried the daily mission today.....keep it that way. As the wiki puts it. "There is no easy mode / intermediate mode.....only hard mode." (Normally daily missions have two settings, easy and intermediate. The settings for Tuesdays' missions are Hard Mode, and Insane Mode)
Old 2014-06-02, 21:26   Link #18
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Holy crap, seriously? I haven't paid her much mind. Gotta read the wiki more
Old 2014-06-02, 21:31   Link #19
TaintedDream
Translator

Ah, seeing as you've gotten Fairies already. You've completed the special quest chain right? The one with the blonde glasses girl.
Old 2014-06-02, 21:36   Link #20
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah, I got her. She seems to have fair attack power but has really horrible survivability. Even with healers surrounding her she can barely keep standing.