AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-18, 16:23   Link #81
u43368
Disabled By Request

The only thing that bothers me are the stupid QTE (worst idea ever, only liked it in RE4) and the fact that healing items are rare and don't do much.... so most of the time I just let myself die to get full health again and any parts I have trouble with.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 17:15   Link #82
Airista

Yeah my showed my bro the videos of these and he like hot damn. I think dancing scenes can get a little annoying but overall it looks like good afternoon kill, most likely rent it
Airista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 18:54   Link #83
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Yea definaly glad I rented it, *peter laugh* I'm on the forum on my new droid
Old 2010-01-18, 21:30   Link #84
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Pffft I rented it from gamefly and enjoyed it. As a action game I thought it was pretty good, I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed god Hand and Devil may cry 3. So I decided once it gets a bit cheaper I'm definitely gonna buy it and add it to my slowly growing collection of X-box 360 games.

As for complaints with healing items, Like the Devil may cry series I personally refused to use Items on Normal difficulty but I know once I start playing on hard mode and beyond I will definitely have to rely on them a bit more. But Kroni dude you do realize that you can make your own healing items assuming you have enough of the ingredients during the game and you don't have to rely on just buying them at the store or during Angel Attack? So if you wanted to assuming you've been keeping up with collecting ingredients you can simply make like 8 of both of the healing items in the game. If there's one thing this game does is DEFINITELY make sure you can accumulate healing items if you need them.

Now onto the complaints with Quick Time Events, I don't understand the hate for it, it's basically another way to keep you on your toes and to pay close attention. And for most(like me) it's another way to gain amusement for what happens if you fail certain QTE moments(Like Leon getting stabbed by his own knife in Resident evil 4 or Ryo falling on his face while running with Ren in Shenmue 2.)

Some games just does it wrong like Ninja Blade for x-box 360. The game pissed me off with how they used QTE since in that game if you fail a QTE moment they just rewind you back to the beginning you don't even see what happens if you fail.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 02:05   Link #85
yongshun

so what everyone's favorite torture attack? mines is the one she does to joy.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 07:36   Link #86
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I'm not really a fan of Bayonetta's QTEs either. I don't mind them in games like Shenmue though.
When the cutscene starts I want to sit back and enjoy the show.. but then suddenly they want me to push a button. On top of that, pushing it at the exact right moment. Best example of that would be Chapter II's cutscene after the boss.

Okay, so I kicked his ass and the cutscene starts. Woah aweso- pushsquaredead... What? I failed again the next time because I mashed on the controller like a madman and was too early. Then, after no less than five attempts I finally get it right, sit back again to enjoy the sho- rotateleftstickdead... WHAT THE HELL? What was she doing in the first place? Since I was so focused on getting it right I didn't pay attention to the cutscene itself.

Not only can't I enjoy the cutscenes or torture attacks (and in a game like Bayonetta, you really want to pay attention to the cutscenes) because I have to focus on mashing buttons, but If you fuck that up you can kiss your rating goodbye.

And let's not mention the abyssmal horrible steering parts.. thank god there are only two of those.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 08:10   Link #87
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
of course that is, that one made me lol the first time at how far they actually went. But its not my fav, the guatien is my fav (head slicer thing)
Old 2010-01-19, 08:25   Link #88
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Harmony AKA Stingray Angel. As it's the only way to get a chainsaw.
Old 2010-01-21, 04:18   Link #89
Xion Valkyrie

Hmmm, it seems like the only way to not get stone medal at the end of each chapter is to not die at all? I've gotten them for chapters 2, 3, 4 already =/ Is there a way to retry the chapters? It usually takes me a while until I get used the enemy attack animations.

Also, what's with the shotguns? I have them on my feet, but except for the twirl + kick button for you to start shooting at people with your legs, they don't seem any different than the pistols normally.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 05:23   Link #90
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmmm, it seems like the only way to not get stone medal at the end of each chapter is to not die at all? I've gotten them for chapters 2, 3, 4 already =/ Is there a way to retry the chapters? It usually takes me a while until I get used the enemy attack animations.
Awww is someone renting the game thus is not aware of the Chapter Select option? Here's a tip, you can select it at the chapter title screen by pressing a certain button for the 360 I believe it's RB.

Quote:
Also, what's with the shotguns? I have them on my feet, but except for the twirl + kick button for you to start shooting at people with your legs, they don't seem any different than the pistols normally.
They make a louder noise when shot and they do a bit more damage. I didn't notice the difference myself at first cause I was too used to the pistols. Wait until you get the grenade launchers.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 05:53   Link #91
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Awww is someone renting the game thus is not aware of the Chapter Select option? Here's a tip, you can select it at the chapter title screen by pressing a certain button for the 360 I believe it's RB.

They make a louder noise when shot and they do a bit more damage. I didn't notice the difference myself at first cause I was too used to the pistols. Wait until you get the grenade launchers.
Huh? I bought the game! But I thought chapter select would be a little bit more obvious, like a slide show of all the chapters whenever you start a new one, like in pretty much all the other action games.

Anyways, my only complaint so far about the game is that it's actually not linear enough. I didn't even realize I missed a ton of verses because I didn' t backgrack until I read about it online. Also, I'm not a big fan of the item collecting, or the item system at all. I'd be fine with just weapons, and maybe accessories you can buy from the shop. After every battle I want to just get to the next battle so I can improve, not waste time going around collecting items.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxE6H83Xw0s

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2010-01-21 at 07:00.
Old 2010-01-21, 08:00   Link #92
Animelover#1
Kouta...

just ordered my copy, the play.com exclusive limited edition collectors edition for ps3.

hurrah
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 05:10   Link #93
Xion Valkyrie

Just beat it on normal! The game is incredible, definitely starts the year off with a bang.

Somehow I missed like, half of the items though. My healthbar is less than half of what the max is, same with mana, and I only have the shotgun, sword and claws, which is like less than half of the weapons in the game?
Old 2010-01-24, 11:59   Link #94
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
Just beat it on normal! The game is incredible, definitely starts the year off with a bang.

Somehow I missed like, half of the items though. My healthbar is less than half of what the max is, same with mana, and I only have the shotgun, sword and claws, which is like less than half of the weapons in the game?
My guess is you will probably have to complete the game on hard and indeed extreme (if there is suchs difficulty) to unlock more extras. But i don't know for sure.
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 13:08   Link #95
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

beat the game, buy the mirror, u get to unlock costumes
Old 2010-01-24, 14:56   Link #96
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:

Not sure on the health bar, but with weapons on your first play trough, you missed the whip, the ice skates and the rocket tonfa's. The rest is on harder difficulty settings/ challenges.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 19:23   Link #97
kayos
RETIRED

You can find the rest of the witch's heart (health increase item) and moon pearl (magic increase items) in the Alfheim Portals located throughout the stages on Normal Mode and Up... btw you have to beat the challenge in the portal to get it.

You can also buy some from the shop and find them in the treasure chests, which I assume you already knew about that.

Here's the list of weapons:

Scarborough Fair (Handguns)
Onyx Roses (Shotguns)
Onyx Roses Alt.
Shuraba (Katana)
Kulshedra (Whip)
Durga (Claws)
Durga Alt.
Odette (Skates)
Lt. Col Kilgore (Rocket Launchers)
Lt. Col Kilgore Alt.
Handguns
Bazillions (Laser Guns)
Pillow Talk (Laser Sword)
Rodin (Shapeshifter)
Sai Fon (Nun-chucks)
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 22:48   Link #98
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
You can find the rest of the witch's heart (health increase item) and moon pearl (magic increase items) in the Alfheim Portals located throughout the stages on Normal Mode and Up... btw you have to beat the challenge in the portal to get it.

You can also buy some from the shop and find them in the treasure chests, which I assume you already knew about that.
I actually didn't know you can buy hearts from the shop, since I don't think I ever bought anything from the item shop, so I didn't scroll down lol.

Anyways, I had less than 80% of the far health bar on my first playthrough. After buying the ones you can get from Rodin I have 1.5 bars now, so just need to go do those Alfheims.
Old 2010-01-27, 07:30   Link #99
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Sega January 27, 2010 (Wed),

PlayStation 3 software for Bayonetta.

On January 28 (Thursday) decided to conduct an online update. The online update of this PlayStation 3 version of BAYONETTA will add the HDD install feature, which will reduce load times and load faster. Updates to the main menu after the "INSTALL" item has been added, and select the item to the HDD installation is started.
http://n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-464666.aspx?CT=1

I'll give a report within 24 hours as to how much the game has improve in performance after the update.
Old 2010-01-27, 20:49   Link #100
Xion Valkyrie

Should have bought the SUPERIOR 360 version in the first place!

JK

Anyways, it's good that more people can enjoy Bayonetta. It's definitely a game that should sell enough and get the recognition it deserves.

Tags
action, ecchi