AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-01-08, 06:03   Link #1
upiro

Suiiki (Waters) by Yuki Uruhsibara (Author of Mushishi)

Name: Suiiki (Waters)
Author: Yuki Urushibara
Genre: Fantasy, Seinen
Year of Publication: 2009
Magazine Serialization: Kodansha (Afternoon)

This is very exciting! Yuki Urushibara, the author of Mushishi, has begun a new manga series. Unlike her previous work, Suiiki (or Waters in English) looks to have an overarching storyline rather than stand-alone stories. The main character (Chinami Kawamura) is a young girl who lives in modern day urban Japan, which is struck by a heat-wave, but who keeps dreaming of a village in the countryside where the rain never stops and which is surrounded by lush forests and clear pools and rivers. Somehow, this alternate setting is connected to her past.

The story’s just started so I have no idea where it’s going to head. While the story and main character seem different from Mushishi, fans of Urushibara will immediately recognize her beautiful, water-colour inspired artwork and her Zen-like evocation of the picturesteque countryside of Japan. Also, there seems to be elements of fantasy mixed in although we have to wait and see how large a role they’ll play.

Fans of Mushishi and Daisuke Igarashi should definitely check it out!! As for me, I can hardly wait for the story to continue …

Last edited by upiro; 2010-01-08 at 10:53.
upiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 22:10   Link #2
Puddingman

Send a message via Skype™ to Puddingman
I mostly really wanna bump this, such a great manga. I'm wondering when/if we can expect it in the US? I've read that it's 2 volumes completed in Japan. I hope someone picks it up...

Last edited by Puddingman; 2011-10-15 at 00:07.
Puddingman is offline   Reply With Quote