AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-06-22, 14:14   Link #41
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
hilarious movie. especially when Murdock is hanging onto the helicopter blades singing the song. the villain was surprisingly funny too.
If I ever get to ride on a helicopter, I'm gonna do that too . By the way, the song is called Right Round. I actually think the No parking in a handicapped parking spot joke by Murdock was more funny .
________
Amateur Gay

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 06:01.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 14:54   Link #42
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
I can't see this movie untill the movie is at 12.08.2010 in Austria in cinema

I grown up with The A-Team and like his series
Got season 1-3 on DVD
Old 2010-06-23, 00:11   Link #43
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I guess it's just much easier to remake something that already has a lot of popularity attached to the name than it is to come up with something new. Such a shame though.
The challenge is to find something that hasn't been done and make it good. I also had a nice quick laugh from the Right Round bit lol.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 00:05   Link #44
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Watched it and I was wondering if Bradley spoke German for the train station scene after confronting Sosa to prevent her death?

I'm not sure if Lynch's actual name is...

Spoiler for Name Sosa addressed Lynch:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2010-07-20 at 00:47.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 10:48   Link #45
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Out of morbid curiosity, I watched the movie, and as a stand-alone, it wasn't too bad. It just can't measure up to the old A-team personas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
It's not paying homage to anything, it's just another example of how unoriginal Hollywood has become

C'mon the A-team was anything BUT a good show, the same rehashed plot every episode, just using different scenery (but even that can be debated) and different extras

if ANYTHING made the A-team 'epic' it was because of Peppard, Benedict, Schultz and T

Not the memorable storylines, the character development, extensive special FX, or the well choreographed fightscenes
...because those were non-existant!
Quoting this for truth. The actors made those characters, and the new ones in this movie, although decent, couldn't hold a candle to it.

I remember Benedict talking once about the new BG making Starbuck a woman, and how he was disappointed. The idea of a cigar-smoking womanizer with chutzpah being a hero is long gone and they believe they have to include more feminism into heroes now, even making some of them female.

So, it's an "okay" movie at best, and did have a few moments, but doesn't hold a candle to the old show. Perhaps I'm just old, though, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote