AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Old 2013-06-05, 22:29   Link #2041
shironeko8

Hmm. Got a point. Well, i guess we'll just have to wait, as always. XD
Well, as long as everything turns out alright and everyone's happy, I'll be satisfied with that.
But, still hoping for a Kuroneko end ofcourse. :3
Old 2013-06-05, 22:45   Link #2042
Tennedealer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shironeko8 View Post
Well, everyone's pretty much hyped up with the last novel coming out. 1 day to go.
I think it pretty much boils down Kirino, Kuroneko and Ayase, but then again, anything can still happen. And my body is still not yet ready. lol.

You guys think the anime will end accurately with the novel? I mean yeah, they said they'll cover "most" of the remaining volumes, but "most" doesn't always mean "all". I'd always like to think they'll end the novel and the anime slightly differently.
Well, im not sure about covering most of them, but since the anime has eaten *large chunks* of content of the LN, I would assume that they'll leave some parts that are irrelevent to the progression of the story. Now about the end, your guess is as good as mine xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Hey man I'm right there with you on that but the LNs turned into a pseudo harem and shippers are all at the ready to defend their favorite.

The sibling relationship dynamic is what got me so hooked in the first place, seeing them find that right balance as cliche siblings again is my end game for the story. I hate how so much focus has been placed on Kyousuke's love-life even if you assume that Kirino has always had these inappropriate feelings towards him and everyone around them is doing what it is they are doing to make sure their dear friends remain normal siblings and not some couple in an eroge. I feel like that is where it's headed leaving the question of who Kyousuke really loves up in the air throws out the possibility he loves Kirino "in that way" back, however I don't really see it, the writing has always been so tongue and cheek with the inner thoughts of Kyousuke's beautiful imouto that it would seem strange at this point to be where it ends up. Welp we shall find out soon enough.
^This, completly agree with you dude

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-06-05 at 22:54. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Tennedealer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 23:10   Link #2043
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
A new interview was posted today on AkibaBlog (warning: ads are very NSFW).

One interesting point they mentioned was that they were originally thinking they'd only get 15 episodes for this anime, but after some discussion/pushing from the original author, they got it pushed to 16 episodes. And they had also noticed that, as they arranged the story, Ayase's scenes were tending to get minimized/pushed, so the author had floated the idea that they cut it even more (to keep the flow of the story)... but the producers didn't like that. So instead, the author wrote the script for Episode 2. It's a sort of compensation for the fact that some of her scenes got cut/minimized later on.

They also talk a bit about the way the last three episodes will be released as a global simulcast, which is something they seem pretty excited about. They were impressed with all the responses they got to their call-out to International fans on the radio show, and so wanted to make this an event for fans the world over. No details about timing... but I am starting to think that maybe they will try to batch all three into a single event. We'll see.

They also say that they weren't specifically trying in advance to synchronize the timing of the novels and the anime, but it sort of so-happened to work out that way due to the good timing. They say that even they had decided right away to work on the second season, they would have waited until volume 10 anyway, so the timing worked out.

(Incidentally, there was nothing about the novel in this interview -- they're saving that for the next one.)
Just admit it. You want to talk about the prophecy and fortune telling.

Images
Kyousuke: Well, Kirino, I...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-06-05 at 23:32.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 00:11   Link #2044
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Hey man I'm right there with you on that but the LNs turned into a pseudo harem and shippers are all at the ready to defend their favorite.

The sibling relationship dynamic is what got me so hooked in the first place, seeing them find that right balance as cliche siblings again is my end game for the story. I hate how so much focus has been placed on Kyousuke's love-life even if you assume that Kirino has always had these inappropriate feelings towards him and everyone around them is doing what it is they are doing to make sure their dear friends remain normal siblings and not some couple in an eroge. I feel like that is where it's headed leaving the question of who Kyousuke really loves up in the air throws out the possibility he loves Kirino "in that way" back, however I don't really see it, the writing has always been so tongue and cheek with the inner thoughts of Kyousuke's beautiful imouto that it would seem strange at this point to be where it ends up. Welp we shall find out soon enough.
Honestly, the thing that has mainly got me into this series was the comedy, I have gotten more laughs out of this series then most series in recent memory. The siblings relationship has meant more to me than any other relationship in this series though, mainly because they are both such interesting characters and the way they interact has always what stood out the most in the series.

His relationship with Kuroneko was certainly interesting and Kyousuke probably has the most complex relationship with her besides Kirino, but they are not on the same level. As Brother and Sister those two go back for like 15 years and all of the history and feelings that the two show throughout those 15 years are what make them so interesting characters. As for Kyousuke loving Kirino in that way, I just can't see that ending coming around, I have voiced that opinion before, but as you said we will just have to wait and see.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 00:19   Link #2045
AKAAkira

Random thought: In light of Ayase and Kuroneko's apparent willingness to engage with each other ceremonies of the feet, I propose we commission a good fanfiction writer to create an Ayase-Kuroneko bonding story and title it "Step Sisters".
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 01:11   Link #2046
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Just admit it. You want to talk about the prophecy and fortune telling.

Images
Not too sure what you meant, but I moved this to the novel thread just to be safe. In the other thread, I was just trying to summarize the interview as presented (I think...?)

The image posted is certainly subject to interpretation... (ends right at a nice cliffhanger )
Old 2013-06-06, 01:32   Link #2047
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Images
!! Is this legit? Don't tell me the 'supposed kiss' happen on the next page!?
Old 2013-06-06, 01:37   Link #2048
tarotaro

KIRINO END confirmed!
tarotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 01:42   Link #2049
jumptheshark84

https://twitter.com/kinopuu

This guy seems to have his hands on a copy of volume 12, and he just posted "is Kirino route. But ..." on his twitter.

Kirino end confirmed?
jumptheshark84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 01:46   Link #2050
Tsuntenshi

How creditable is this guy ?
Old 2013-06-06, 01:49   Link #2051
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark84 View Post
https://twitter.com/kinopuu

This guy seems to have his hands on a copy of volume 12, and he just posted "is Kirino route. But ..." on his twitter.

Kirino end confirmed?
He basically says, after a speed read, that the volume was wrapped up nicely and basically what the fans might expect. And that it's a Kirino ending, "but..." which suggests that, as we suspected, it's not like it's going to be so clear.

(I'll fall back on one of my earlier theories that he confesses, she still leaves to go overseas, but the story ends with her returning home.)

And yes, at this point it should be treated as a rumour only.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:50   Link #2052
jumptheshark84

He has a copy of the novel and posted some pictures of it on twitter. He could just be lying about the Kirino end though, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:52   Link #2053
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

In the end, it should be said that no matter who the romantic partner is, any ending was going to be some amount of a "Kirino end" anyway, because it's really her and Kyousuke's story to wrap up. So it doesn't mean necessarily what people might fear in the most extreme case anyway.
Old 2013-06-06, 02:09   Link #2054
Tsuntenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark84 View Post
He has a copy of the novel and posted some pictures of it on twitter. He could just be lying about the Kirino end though, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Looked at his twitter indepth and found the pic. I don't think anyone would "troll" about it so i'll take his word on it. I don't think the "Kirino End" is anything "romantic" I'm sure alot of people would have something to say about that. I'll just wait a bit until we get direct information.
Old 2013-06-06, 02:16   Link #2055
Wilshere

He sure got the book so I dont think he is trolling,but if it is a romantic end or not we dont know,maybe tomorrow everything wil be revealed
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 02:30   Link #2056
larethian

They can't make a romantic end no matter how you think about it but.........

What I currently get from glancing at the discussion is that:
They remain as normal siblings.
Kyousuke gave a 'surprise' kiss at the end.

It's like the kiss is there to satisfy the Kirino camp or make things vague perhaps.

There is also supposedly a message on twitter from Kirino to Kuroneko 10 years from now thanking Kuroneko:
http://iup.2ch-library.com/i/i0930893-1370502237.png
Old 2013-06-06, 02:40   Link #2057
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
They remain as normal siblings.
Kyousuke gave a 'surprise' kiss at the end.
If Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship is what we'd still describe as "normal siblings" in the first place at this point, then, uh... a lot of us with siblings have some ways to go...?
Old 2013-06-06, 02:42   Link #2058
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
If Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship is what we'd still describe as "normal siblings" in the first place at this point, then, uh... a lot of us with siblings have some ways to go...?
Thanks goodness I have no siblings then.
Old 2013-06-06, 03:42   Link #2059
jumptheshark84

Translation of Kirino's tweet to Kuroneko:

It seems your account still exists. It's been about 10 years since the last post already, huh. No one will probably see this, so I'll just write the way I used to. I've really enjoyed the time we were talking here. It was like I made a real elder sister. Thank you for being my friend.
Old 2013-06-06, 03:51   Link #2060
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

So far, I've seen nothing that conclusively proves anything. Why not show the illustrations from the official artist to go with the full page scans? Simple pages with only fonts are too easily forged.

Then again, I wouldn't consider this cheap cop-out resolution unlikely. It would however be "much ado about nothing".

So let's wait until we've got confirmed scans.
Mentar is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings