AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-06-06, 09:15   Link #2161
SigUp
Lovely Kiririn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'll say it again - a Kirino ending would have been fine *IF* he had covered his bases. There's unresolved crap all over the place.

There's also the "Kirino-resolvedsibling + Kyou-Ayase or Kyou-Kuroneko" ending. Maybe it's my perspective but the Kuroneko relationship is the only non-sibling story arc that actually seemed like real love rather than passing fancy, somewhat because of the "like" and "care" parts.
Of course the author could have gone that way, but going that way there is the same problem that you pointed out, with no real preparation for the ending. At least in my opinion Kyousuke never really showed true love to Ayase. And even with Kuroneko I never had the feeling that he was truly in love with her. Did he like her and care very much for her? Yes, of course. But unless he would have pulled a sudden romantic turn (which would also have been kind of strange), a romantic end with Ayase / Kuroneko also doesn't sit right.
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:17   Link #2162
finalfury
Incognito

I think before people can make claims to Kyousuke and Kirino avoided the legal ramnifications and social reprecussions, I need to understand how a 14 year old girl managed to get 18+ material from online sites. I doubt that she used her parent's credit card(Dad is the stingy type). Moral of the story: Do not apply logic to anime/light novels.
One question tho: Is the author going to quit his job after this cause I think, at the very least, his reputation is tarnished?
Old 2013-06-06, 09:19   Link #2163
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

I was hoping for resolved sibling relationship, hard to tell from spoilers if that happened but the whole novel just seems like a giant clusterfuck right now.

What was the point of the novels preceding this one save for 11. /sigh
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:19   Link #2164
Sakura_Tsuki

@Vexx relax man, relax!!!!

I said that it is a rumour man. Relax. Fiction dude. Why are you upset man???
Old 2013-06-06, 09:21   Link #2165
SigUp
Lovely Kiririn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
This way this story wouldnt be portraid as incest because, it would sell bad if it is portraited as incest. Because some laws in japan will forbid it to be sold to people younger than 18 years old. So to be sure nothing of this happens. It gets this ending. This way it cant be said it is an incest ending but it also can be portraited as an incest ending because he rejected everyone else but he kissed Kirino. So a very weird but the only possible ending for the story.
I get what you are saying, but on the other hand, kissing your sister is a pretty direct sign.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:23   Link #2166
Seitsuki
Onee!

Still waiting for Mass Effect comparisons.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:24   Link #2167
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If this is really it the rage that will come from this fanbase will be pretty extreme.

Can anything end these days without pissing everyone off in the process?
Old 2013-06-06, 09:24   Link #2168
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I think before people can make claims to Kyousuke and Kirino avoided the legal ramnifications and social reprecussions, I need to understand how a 14 year old girl managed to get 18+ material from online sites. I doubt that she used her parent's credit card(Dad is the stingy type). Moral of the story: Do not apply logic to anime/light novels.
No, this isn't an issue. Most Japanese online stores accept bank transfer and Cash-On-Delivery, so you don't need a credit card to order. In fact, credit cards in general were not as commonly used until the last decade or so. It probably wouldn't be so hard to order from these sites. And they did already establish that her work was the source of her funds.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:25   Link #2169
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Sorry, heh! I really am not angry - that came out far too strong. But it is aggravating to experience this kind of "writer didn't follow through with basic principles" over and over again in this arena. It is really hard to be sympathetic to a writer who can't adapt to changing deadlines because they really haven't plotted their work out. And it seems like there's a wealth of writers who don't actually have a clue that characters they create write their own stories so they can't just jerk them to the game board positions as they please.

I'm looking at from a story writing perspective more than anything else. And like Relentless says - best to wait for the whole story. It may be that my skewers and barbs are addressed by a non-ending -- "life goes on with the gang".
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:26   Link #2170
shironeko8

Damn... is what i could just say for now.
I'll still be waiting for further official sources.
But if that is to be the real conclusion, then i'm just praying that they totally go a different end with the anime.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:27   Link #2171
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The author tried to please too many people at the same time. The Kirino end did make sense in terms of character develop since she did spend the most time with Kyosuke. At the same time the story had to be "moral" so it ended with a wizard end.

Also I just love how the MC pretty much killed all prospect of him ever finding a girl now.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:28   Link #2172
Wilshere

So let me get this right,they kissed twice: In church and then in the meeting(after they promised each other to return to being normal siblings). If that is so i think thats just an excuse cuz they are in public and im sure after doing this there is no way to return things to the way they were.Besides the after 10 yr thingy will clear everything.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:29   Link #2173
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, this isn't an issue. Most Japanese online stores accept bank transfer and Cash-On-Delivery, so you don't need a credit card to order. In fact, credit cards in general were not as commonly used until the last decade or so. It probably wouldn't be so hard to order from these sites. And they did already establish that her work was the source of her funds.
Thanks for the reply. Regardless of my misinterpretion and the fact that I know very little about online methods of payment, I still stand by the whole "Don't apply logic to anime/lightnovels/manga/VN".
I've been spoiled by Amazon since I never knew Cash-On-Delivery even existed. ==
Old 2013-06-06, 09:29   Link #2174
GDB

Quote:

The fact that it's fiction makes it even worse. The story is literally dependent on the author, and as such can be written as they please. That does not mean that they should just ignore plot holes and unanswered questions within their works. If it were nonfiction there'd be an excuse, since you can't just go making stuff up, but it isn't.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:29   Link #2175
SigUp
Lovely Kiririn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shironeko8 View Post
Damn... is what i could just say for now.
I'll still be waiting for further official sources.
But if that is to be the real conclusion, then i'm just praying that they totally go a different end with the anime.
Perhaps they go with the same format as the first season? A TV ending, and a true ending.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:31   Link #2176
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Well, seems like a controversial ending here, or rather a non-ending, though it seems like the Kirino/Kyousuke stuff was dealt with.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:32   Link #2177
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
So let me get this right,they kissed twice: In church and then in the meeting(after they promised each other to return to being normal siblings). If that is so i think thats just an excuse cuz they are in public and im sure after doing this there is no way to return things to the way they were.Besides the after 10 yr thingy will clear everything.
This, even if they "say" they are just normal siblings again after all this, its like me saying I am not fat after eating 100 pounds of lard, you can say it, it doesn't make it true. And from what I have read on here and other sites, yes they do kiss twice once at the church and once at the meeting. I am pretty sure the kiss at the meeting should solidify for anyone with doubts that this is basically a Kirino end and that being normal siblings again is impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The fact that it's fiction makes it even worse. The story is literally dependent on the author, and as such can be written as they please. That does not mean that they should just ignore plot holes and unanswered questions within their works. If it were nonfiction there'd be an excuse, since you can't just go making stuff up, but it isn't.
My question is, what plotholes/unanswered questions do you people keep talking about? Or better yet, how do you know that there is plotholes? All we have is like 15 lines from the novel summarizing it, it is possible that some of the plotholes are addressed in the actual novel so at least wait to read the novel or a detailed summary before jumping to all these conclusions about plotholes since we don't know the whole story.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:36   Link #2178
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sorry, heh! I really am not angry - that came out far too strong. But it is aggravating to experience this kind of "writer didn't follow through with basic principles" over and over again in this arena. It is really hard to be sympathetic to a writer who can't adapt to changing deadlines because they really haven't plotted their work out. And it seems like there's a wealth of writers who don't actually have a clue that characters they create write their own stories so they can't just jerk them to the game board positions as they please.

I'm looking at from a story writing perspective more than anything else.
I strongly agree with the bolded. Too many times I see people talking about how authors should stick with the storyline they originally intended without making changes along the way, and I think that doing so often leads to a suboptimal result because the best characters often take on lives of their own and develop in ways that couldn't have been anticipated along the way. This does not mean that authors should change the plot for no rhyme or reason, but that changes that are made due to the characters taking the plot in a different direction should not be ignored for the sake of sticking with the original events.

The newest spoilers that relentlessflame posted could have worked if the author had written the earlier parts differently. For example, the ending could have been a bittersweet reference to forbidden love that cannot proceed due to social values, but the earlier volumes had not addressed this issue sufficiently for the epilogue to be read in this manner.

Given the way that the previous volumes were written, I don't really see much room for the epilogue to be interpreted in any fashion other than a cop out, where the author intended for a Kirino end but decided to tone it all down for various reasons that have already been expounded many times here.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:36   Link #2179
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
My question is, what plotholes do you people keep talking about? Or better yet, how do you know that there is plotholes? All we have is like 15 lines from the novel summarizing it, it is possible that some of the plotholes are addressed in the actual novel so at least wait to read the novel or a detailed summary before jumping to all these conclusions about plotholes since we don't know the whole story.
If that's the sort of attitude you want to take, then all discussion might as well stop and this thread be locked until said summary/translation comes out.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 09:36   Link #2180
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
This, even if they "say" they are just normal siblings again after all this, its like me saying I am not fat after eating 100 pounds of lard, you can say it, it doesn't make it true. And from what I have read on here and other sites, yes they do kiss twice once at the church and once at the meeting. I am pretty sure the kiss at the meeting should solidify for anyone with doubts that this is basically a Kirino end and that being normal siblings again is impossible.
Hmm pretty much, and I wont be surrised if they really do end living together after 10 yrs(being REALLY married).The purpose of this Volume is to show the REAL hidden feelings of kyousuke towards kirino although I assumed that Kirino will do something before him but he pushed himself that he is the one to confess first,anyway as a Kirino shipper I am satisfied with this semi-incest ending but yeah we will have to wait and see what will happen after 10 yrs.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings