AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-06-06, 13:21   Link #2281
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
That 10 years short must (or should) clarify that in the end the siblings ARE siblings, not lovers.
Yeah, from the sounds of the spoilers, the 10-year epilogue is pretty much the only thing that can salvage this series for me now. And before anyone says "Hey, everything up to the ending was still good!", sorry but the story includes the ending. If the ending is awful, it tarnishes the story as a whole. Because it'd mean all that buildup, especially Kuroneko's Destiny Record that seemed like it was supposed to be a giant foreshadowing, would just be wasted and tossed in the trash.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 13:29   Link #2282
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
Spoiler:

@tommythecat There's always that possibility. I've said before that I would prefer the novels to have 1 Ending and the Anime to feature another.
Spoiler for we:
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 13:31   Link #2283
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, from the sounds of the spoilers, the 10-year epilogue is pretty much the only thing that can salvage this series for me now. And before anyone says "Hey, everything up to the ending was still good!", sorry but the story includes the ending. If the ending is awful, it tarnishes the story as a whole. Because it'd mean all that buildup, especially Kuroneko's Destiny Record that seemed like it was supposed to be a giant foreshadowing, would just be wasted and tossed in the trash.
I think Kuroneko's ''ideal world'' is if Kirino accepts her as being Kyousuke's girlfriend,but after him telling her that he loves Kirino she got angry and tore it up although she knew this would happen and she accepted it with the slightest of problems,anyway I dont know what exactly has been said so I think we can wait for texts and then we can get a clearer view.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 13:32   Link #2284
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Here is my rendition of the forthcoming 10 year skip novel

"So this is what happened all those years ago...

Now I'm together with (whomever) it was a bumpy ride wasn't it guys? I'm glad we can all be friends again~!"

tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 13:32   Link #2285
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Spoiler for we:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Volume 12
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
The Destiny Record showed Kyousuke and Kirino being happy together with her (an upgrade from being happy just Kirino and Kyousuke), and you could say that this is what actually happened in the end... but it wasn't exactly the form she thought it would be. In other words, though she was originally going to let go of her feelings for Kirino's sake, and claimed all along that she was okay with Kirino's feelings, in the end that didn't make actually accepting the truth as easy as it seemed (obviously). The Destiny Record came true... but not exactly in the way she hoped.

(In the end, though, if you rely entirely on the logic that "the Destiny's Record should mean what Kuroneko hoped it meant", then there was no other route for the story to follow and the story is extremely telegraphed.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-06 at 14:04.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 13:32   Link #2286
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Spoiler for we:
Spoiler for Volume 12 end pic:

I think this is the picture you are looking for.
Old 2013-06-06, 13:35   Link #2287
Kakurin-san
私がラッキーガールですって?

Though this picture is fanmade.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 13:36   Link #2288
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Though this picture is fanmade.
yeah but this is what you call a sudden kiss which clearly fits the ending of the volume
Old 2013-06-06, 13:36   Link #2289
Mystic_Vegetto

@Wilshere, that's fan made buddy. They probably got that from an image site.
Old 2013-06-06, 13:36   Link #2290
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

Quote:
I agree there.
If you are gonna foreshadow something and then left it hanging or take it back.
You are doing it wrong as a writer of a series.
Old 2013-06-06, 13:37   Link #2291
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
@Wilshere, that's fan made buddy. They probably got that from an image site.
I know but the purpose of it its a ''sudden'' kiss which is in the end of the novel nothing more nothing less
Old 2013-06-06, 13:42   Link #2292
Tsuntenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
I hope the anime goes a different route. Because there will be hell to pay with an open ending there I'm sure and I feel like the incest end, while makes some sense thematically, is not the best way for this whole series to end on.
I don't think the anime would end differently to please its audience, if anything we MIGHT get a "Good End" scenario then a "True End" scenario like we did with Season 1.

As a major Kirino fan (you could say shes my waifu) I don't agree with the incest route. Something along the lines of rekindling their lost brother-sister relationship and then ending the series with something comical would have been ideal to me, the comedy of the series and situation that Kirino was dealing with was what attached me to the series so seeing it end like this just seems like its straying away from it was about to begin with (then again most series do this don't they)
Old 2013-06-06, 13:47   Link #2293
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuntenshi View Post
I don't think the anime would end differently to please its audience, if anything we MIGHT get a "Good End" scenario then a "True End" scenario like we did with Season 1.

As a major Kirino fan (you could say shes my waifu) I don't agree with an incest route. Something along the lines of rekindling their lost brother-sister relationship and then ending the series with something comical would have been ideal to me, the comedy of the series and situation that Kirino was dealing with was what attached me to the series so seeing it end like this just seems like its straying away from it was about to begin with (then again most series do this don't they)
This time there will only be one end cuz if we look how many episodes are left (7) and they need to cover volumes 9-10-11-12 its impossible and a different anime end is also impossible.
Old 2013-06-06, 13:53   Link #2294
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

How is a different anime end impossible? 3 OVA's to be released at a later date. The anime will build up to episode 13 and be somewhere around volume 10-11 and 3 episodes can come later. Unless they set a date on them already.

9 is over and done with in the next episode. Assume 2 for 10 as a lot of things happen, then that leaves you with a bit of 11. You can easily change the ending at that point.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:13   Link #2295
seangel92

Quote:

As a major Kirino fan (you could say shes my waifu) I don't agree with the incest route. Something along the lines of rekindling their lost brother-sister relationship and then ending the series with something comical would have been ideal to me, the comedy of the series and situation that Kirino was dealing with was what attached me to the series so seeing it end like this just seems like its straying away from it was about to begin with (then again most series do this don't they)
Oreimo ends on TV with 13 caps but they gonna stream the last 3 caps (14 to 16), I think that they aren't OVAs, they are simple caps that with this end can't be on TV.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:17   Link #2296
Tsuntenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
This time there will only be one end cuz if we look how many episodes are left (7) and they need to cover volumes 9-10-11-12 its impossible and a different anime end is also impossible.
Theres a thing called alternate endings ? Like I said they did it with Season 1 and gave us the True Ending in the form of an OVA later. Normally Season 1 would had to end with 15 episodes if it went completely true to the source material however they went outside of a regular seasons schedule and would conflict with anime season after.

What you say is true, there seems to be alot left that needs to be covered and somehow I don't see it happening. Either they wrap things up in the next couple of episodes, give us a "cliffhanger" of sorts and finish it up with an OVA or they give us an alt end to properly end the season and give us the true ending later.

Out of curiousity since I didn't read the early volumes how many volumes/Chapters did the "True End" cover anyway
Old 2013-06-06, 14:19   Link #2297
Wilshere

Quote:
Theres a thing called alternate endings ? Like I said they did it with Season 1 and gave us the True Ending in the form of an OVA later. Normally Season 1 would had to end with 15 episodes if it went completely true to the source material however they went outside of a regular seasons schedule and would conflict with anime season after.

What you say is true, there seems to be alot left that needs to be covered and somehow I don't see it happening. Either they wrap things up in the next couple of episodes, give us a "cliffhanger" of sorts and finish it up with an OVA or they give us an alt end to properly end the season and give us the true ending later.

Out of curiousity since I didn't read the early volumes how many volumes/Chapters did the "True End" cover anyway
The true end is Volume 5 which means a whole volume so your assumption of 2 endings cannot be fulfilled, this is going straight to the point mate.
Old 2013-06-06, 14:37   Link #2298
virox

You know guys, maybe it would be better to not jump to conclusions so quickly.
This volume has around 300 pages, does it not? And we merely know the very outline of what's going down. You might say this ending is shit, but you don't know anything about how it was portrayed, how it tied into the story so far etc.
I doubt Kuroneko and Ayase will just be glossed over like the spoilers said.

Or maybe you are just a raging moralfriend, then I'm sorry for you.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:41   Link #2299
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
You know guys, maybe it would be better to not jump to conclusions so quickly.
This volume has around 300 pages, does it not? And we merely know the very outline of what's going down. You might say this ending is shit, but you don't know anything about how it was portrayed, how it tied into the story so far etc.
I doubt Kuroneko and Ayase will just be glossed over like the spoilers said.

Or maybe you are just a raging moralfriend, then I'm sorry for you.
This is awesome. Kudos to you. Or did you mean to say moralfiend?
Old 2013-06-06, 14:45   Link #2300
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
This is awesome. Kudos to you. Or did you mean to say moralfiend?
Nope, written as intended.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings