AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-07, 18:09   Link #2541
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
The Chinese guy hasn't translated chapter 2 yet, understandable, he should get some sleep. By the way, this only is the ending of that last part. It's like only 10-15%. I look how far I get with the entire part.
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 18:11   Link #2542
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
The Chinese guy hasn't translated chapter 2 yet, understandable, he should get some sleep. By the way, this only is the ending of that last part. It's like only 10-15%. I look how far I get with the entire part.
Still impressiv how hard and fast he worked on the first chapter,of course you too.
Would be great if you could translate the rest of chapter 1,too.^^
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 18:12   Link #2543
Wilshere
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
The ending of chapter one:

Spoiler for End of chapter 1:
Hmm nice very nice liking it more and more and yeah can you translate chapter 2 ?
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 18:57   Link #2544
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Like I said before, please don't pester people for translations, or make posts just to ask/thank for translations. If you want to thank please use VM/PM, and for the translations themselves please just be patient. Don't ask/pester. We'll try to keep things on-topic.


That aside, regarding the interview on AkibaBlog that was mentioned earlier today, a lot of it is more "trivia" than anything else (like the thinking behind the title), but the one bit of interesting news is that the original novel author will be writing the script to one more anime episode between now and the end. He says that he worked to think of new elements in that episode (that weren't in the novel including the last volume) that will help bring the story to its climax properly, and to look forward to that. (That doesn't necessarily mean that it's an anime-original episode, but more that the original author added some enhancements to the episode that weren't in the original.)

Edit: I want to add a clarification to the above. What is being implied is that the added bits will make the path towards the climax of the story more clear. It doesn't mean he's changing the climax, and it doesn't mean he's changing the ending. We don't yet know what episode he's working on of all the ones that are left.
__________________
[...]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-07 at 23:59.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:01   Link #2545
Mystic_Vegetto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Like I said before, please don't pester people for translations, or make posts just to ask/thank for translations. If you want to thank please use VM/PM, and for the translations themselves please just be patient. Don't ask/pester. We'll try to keep things on-topic.


That aside, regarding the interview on AkibaBlog that was mentioned earlier today, a lot of it is more "trivia" than anything else (like the thinking behind the title), but the one bit of interesting news is that the original novel author will be writing the script to one more anime episode between now and the end. He says that he worked to think of new elements in that episode (that weren't in the novel including the last volume) that will help bring the story to its climax properly, and to look forward to that. (That doesn't necessarily mean that it's an anime-original episode, but more that the original author added some enhancements to the episode that weren't in the original.)
That sounds pretty interesting. I wonder if it'll be something that airs this season or down the line then.
__________________
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:14   Link #2546
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
In this post I compile the entire quick translation / summary of chapter 1. Please note, it is not based on the Japanese original, but on a Chinese quick translation. As such, the translation is far from perfect, or even reliable. But it should provide insight in the book and show nice moments / conversations. Last but not least, the source is legit. Now, I'm out of here, tired. See you guys tomorrow.

Spoiler for Chapter 1:
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:14   Link #2547
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
So, the rest of the last part of chapter 1, in a more summarized style, until the last paragraph. I'll perhaps put together the entire chapter in a single post:

Spoiler for Last part of Chapter 1:
Something like a pastebin would probably be better.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:17   Link #2548
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Hmm, perhaps. But I really am tired now. If you want to, you can set it up. The compiled summary / translation is in the post above you. Good night.
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:45   Link #2549
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
http://pastebin.com/CcM1xS3S

For those that want it, first chapter.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:02   Link #2550
Arkard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United States
I don't really find the ending ambiguous. Once those two crossed that line, I really don't see how they can ever go back.
__________________
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:06   Link #2551
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
I don't really find the ending ambiguous. Once those two crossed that line, I really don't see how they can ever go back.
It's really not that difficult, love/lust isn't infinite.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:22   Link #2552
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, as has been pointed out before, there were signs/hints (particularly visible in retrospect), but they were subject to interpretation, and there were also signs pointing towards other heroines at the same time. All of the hints towards Kirino could be masked if you just dismiss the whole thing as "oh, they're just very, very close siblings" (even Kyousuke himself sometimes dismissed his feelings that way), and that's the sort of fine line the author was balancing.
That's one reason I think makes some not see any hint regarding Kyosuke loving Kirino in a romantic way. If you take away the sibling part, and have someone do all Kyousuke did for a girl, I think many would agree he likely may have feelings for her, even if he denies it to others and to himself. The fact that he is his brother, means that it's indeed a possibility he does all that just because he cares for her as a sibling, but that don't negate the possibility that he does that because he have romantic feelings for her.

Some would only accept it if he did something more than what just a brother would do. But what exactly is that? Besides things like kissing and doing things of sexual nature (which are things you would expect them to do after they started an relationship) what is that an brother who cares a lot for his sibling in a non romantic way would do that a person who loves someone in a romantic way wouldn't do? Going with their whims? Both would. Helping them without expecting something in return? Both would. Risking their life? Both would.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:32   Link #2553
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
That's one reason I think may make some not see any hint regarding Kyosuke loving Kirino in a romantic way. If you take away the sibling part, and have someone do all Kyousuke did for a girl, I think many would agree he likely may have feelings for her, even if he denies it to others and to himself. The fact that he is his brother, means that it's indeed a possibility he does all that just because he cares for her as a sibling, but that don't negate the possibility that he does that because he have romantic feelings for her.

Some would only accept it if he did something more than what just a brother would do. But what exactly is that? Besides things like kissing and doing things of sexual nature (which are things you would expect them to do after they started an relationship) what is that an brother who cares a lot for his sibling in a non romantic way would do that a person who loves someone in a romantic way wouldn't do? Going with their whims? Both would. Helping them without expecting something in return? Both would. Risking their life? Both would.
The pendulum swings both ways here so it could have turned out either way. The issue is everything leading up to his decision doesn't really add up to "I'm not going to confess my love for Kirino." He remembers his life as a little busy body middle schooler who wanted to help everyone and make his sister look up to him and make it so she wont cry.

What the hell does this flashback do to flip this "I now want to be with my sister" switch? He constantly talks about how pretty she is in the novel but it is always in a matter of fact way because the author continues to reintroduce characters in basically every novel. I still don't buy the line of logic to get from a brother who's reconnecting with his estranged sister to "let's get married." I feel like because of the years of mutual neglect and his busy body attitude returning he wanted to do whatever he could to help Kirino... now that he knows she's basically in love with him he again plays the knight in shinning armor like he does for everyone over the course of the novels.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 22:16   Link #2554
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
The issue is everything leading up to his decision doesn't really add up to "I'm not going to confess my love for Kirino." He remembers his life as a little busy body middle schooler who wanted to help everyone and make his sister look up to him and make it so she wont cry.

What the hell does this flashback do to flip this "I now want to be with my sister" switch?
I don't think this necessarily is what flipped the switch of his feelings, but it's giving him the courage to act on them. The story is basically about him regaining his confidence/initiative. Rather than being a boring/"normal" person that goes with the flow, he's becoming more assertive again. Note the huge contrast between the first Christmas "date" with Kirino, and the second one. In the first, she led him around everywhere and "forced" him to do things with her, and he begrudgingly went along with it. And now, in the second, he had it all planned, he took the initiative, and was doing what he wanted to do, recognizing that what he wanted was to make her happy.

So basically, remembering his old self gave him the courage to go after what he really wanted, even if it seemed (and was) reckless and crazy. He could break out of the "normal" mould that would keep him from doing what he needed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
I feel like because of the years of mutual neglect and his busy body attitude returning he wanted to do whatever he could to help Kirino... now that he knows she's basically in love with him he again plays the knight in shinning armor like he does for everyone over the course of the novels.
I don't really see the huge missing link here. She's the most important person in his life, and he wants to make her happy. He probably does recognize that she loves him too, but she believes that can't work out, so she's planning to go overseas again (and this time to do it properly). But he's been through that before, and he knows that won't make either of them truly happy, and he's the only one that can change that. In a way, she set-up that whole situation to give him one last chance to stop her. And so he admits the underlying truth: that he's in love with her, and he doesn't want her to leave ever again -- hence the "marriage proposal". He's trying to make her happy, but that's what makes him happy -- precisely because he loves her. That's why he chose her and her happiness over all the other possibilities.

What other "logic" does he need to be convinced of his true feelings?
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:01   Link #2555
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I agree with everything you say but making her happy doesn't necessarily translate to them being together. You're right that she wants to be the most important part of his life and he wants to make her happy and yet after they've proven to each other that they will be the one chosen over everyone else they amicably accept to end it.

Yes it could be love of a fully romantic type, but I think and I hope after reading the novel it will translate to something a little more deep than that. I'm not saying incest end isn't possible here what I was saying is that I don't necessarily think it's that cut and dry. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. I need to read every word before I'll accept that it is moved from siblings that couldn't be honest that they love each other and are making up for lost time to somewhere along the way for whatever reason they fell in love with each other.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:12   Link #2556
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
I don't really find the ending ambiguous. Once those two crossed that line, I really don't see how they can ever go back.
If you like a 'realistic' reason, how about both go back to avoid hurting the others more? If that relationship is found out, both are screwed, especially Kirino since she is more famous.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:19   Link #2557
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
You're right that she wants to be the most important part of his life and he wants to make her happy and yet after they've proven to each other that they will be the one chosen over everyone else they amicably accept to end it. [...] I need to read every word before I'll accept that it is moved from siblings that couldn't be honest that they love each other and are making up for lost time to somewhere along the way for whatever reason they fell in love with each other.
Well, then it really all comes down to how you interpret that very last scene, doesn't it? I mean, if everything he did for Kirino earlier was just to make her wish come true and give her a bit of happiness before they both moved on from those feelings and went back to being "normal siblings", then why use his wish on that kiss after everything else was settled?

But anyway, we will all have to wait for the every word to be written before coming up with a true, final answer.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:29   Link #2558
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, then it really all comes down to how you interpret that very last scene, doesn't it? I mean, if everything he did for Kirino earlier was just to make her wish come true and give her a bit of happiness before they both moved on from those feelings and went back to being "normal siblings", then why use his wish on that kiss after everything else was settled?

But anyway, we will all have to wait for the every word to be written before coming up with a true, final answer.
Yeah pretty much, and I don't want to interpret it in a vacuum. I want the context of all the events played out before I can judge just what that last scene represents. The reason I view that last scene with a grain of salt at the moment is because Kyousuke when embracing the siscon insult Kirino always threw his way teased her with the sticker of them and the swimsuit photo of Kirino on his phone in front of Saori and Kuroneko. You can view the kiss as the same type of thing, albeit far more extreme but essentially they're back to that old atmosphere.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 02:57   Link #2559
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
The reason I view that last scene with a grain of salt at the moment is because Kyousuke when embracing the siscon insult Kirino always threw his way teased her with the sticker of them and the swimsuit photo of Kirino on his phone in front of Saori and Kuroneko. You can view the kiss as the same type of thing, albeit far more extreme but essentially they're back to that old atmosphere.
Now that I think about this, that possible interpretation really doesn't make sense. If Kyousuke just wanted to pull a prank on Kirino, he'd just pull a prank. He wouldn't have to bring up the promise at that particular time. The combination of the kiss + evoking the promise that she's do anything he wished makes the message he's sending pretty clear.

But anyway, we shall wait on the details.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 04:08   Link #2560
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
First part of Chapter 2 (Ayase, that much I can reveal here):

Spoiler for First Part Chapter 2:

Last edited by SigUp; 2013-06-08 at 07:24.
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.