AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-06-13, 08:38   Link #3301
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
So practicaly she didnt care what society thought about her hobby. Why did she do this?. Why did she repeated a lot of times before she know sure that his point of view towards her hobby will not be made fun with? In the meantime she had normal friends like ayase etc. She didnt tell them about her hobbys. She didnt even care to make friends to share her hobby with them.
I don't think it's fair to say she didn't want to make friends and share her hobby, it seems very important to her to be able to share her hobby throughout the series because she's been forced to hide it for so long. The way it ends up happening to Kyousuke is just by random chance because she dropped anime with eroge in it and her brother whom she's been at cold war with isn't disgusted or put off by her hobby he is completely supportive and understanding of her thus starting up her old feelings of infatuation with her brother and the warming up their relationship little by little.

Everything else you said I agree with though to one extent or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
I think that they broke up because the social drawbacks. That love could repercute in a marginality (Study, find work, law ban the marriage between siblings) Kirino is a under-age, that could do that Kyosuke have serious problems with his live.

If I were him I would be waiting until she became into a adult. If she still in love with him, they could continue that history.

They still love each other in a romantic way but they think that is better to break up because their history love have serious problems with sociaty.
This is a perfectly reasonable stance to take and I can agree with the logic behind it. If they end up cooling off and no longer being romantic so be it if it is still full blown love between them and they are both adults their pursuit of their feelings will be less of an issue. The societal pressure is a real thing for them to have to cope with(as well as Kirino being underage) so waiting until they can both support themselves is a good first step before becoming serious.
Edit: derped on spelling

Last edited by tommythecat; 2013-06-13 at 08:58.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:42   Link #3302
Ricadan

Quote:
It is very easy to twist things and give the story another meaning. Besides i also think it is hard to fully understand the japanese writting language trough translations. Even if it is a full translation, there will be always things that will make you confused because in Japanese those words have a double meaning.
Japanese sounds like a beautiful language to me.
Quote:
Who thought fuck it. Let's go the harem route and we will see what happens. And after he wrote himself in a hole he thought shit what have i done. Let us repair it through an open ending to get everyone satesfied. noooo. I dont think that this were his actions.
I feel like you are referring to my argument with this statement. I want to clarify, I don't think he wrote this ending to please everyone, that's not possible in real life. I only think he wrote this ending to create a balance between the romance and slice of life genres.
Also, I don't think the ending was open, just ambiguous. There is a difference there. Open would mean that we are not sure of Kyousuke and Kirino's feelings, but this is not the case. They are definitely in love with each other. When I say it is ambiguous, I mean that we do not know what they intend to do with those feelings. Just as you said, if they continue a secret relationship, that is still only an interpretation.
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:49   Link #3303
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

This is to comment all those haters of the vol 12 outcome of the series, in this thread: Can't you read the damn title- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, in english:
My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.

Bottom line, it's a story about a tsundere siscon, duhhh.
superD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:51   Link #3304
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post

I feel like you are referring to my argument with this statement. I want to clarify, I don't think he wrote this ending to please everyone, that's not possible in real life. I only think he wrote this ending to create a balance between the romance and slice of life genres.
Also, I don't think the ending was open, just ambiguous. There is a difference there. Open would mean that we are not sure of Kyousuke and Kirino's feelings, but this is not the case. They are definitely in love with each other. When I say it is ambiguous, I mean that we do not know what they intend to do with those feelings. Just as you said, if they continue a secret relationship, that is still only an interpretation.
I dont reffer to your comment with this statement. This is my conclusion.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:52   Link #3305
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
This is a perfectly reasonable stance to take and I can agree with the logic behind it. If they end up cooling off and no longer being romantic so be it if it is still full blown love between them and they are both adults their pursuit of their feelings will be less of an issue. The societal pressure is a real thing for them to have to coup with(as well as Kirino being underage) so waiting until they can both support themselves is a good first step before becoming serious.
They still love each other, so why did they break up? I think that they love each other so much that it makes that she doesn't want to ruin his future and he doesn't want to ruin her future neither.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:52   Link #3306
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by superD View Post
This is to comment all those haters of the vol 12 outcome of the series, in this thread: Can't you read the damn title- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, in english:

Dont think anyone is hating,rather only arguing the end being ambiguous or not,thats it mate.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:55   Link #3307
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
They still love each other, so why did they break up? I think that they love each other so much that it makes that she doesn't want to ruin his future and he doesn't want to ruin her future neither.
I hope it's something like this because that says a lot more to me about their love than them just staying together and saying fuck the world
Old 2013-06-13, 08:57   Link #3308
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by superD View Post

we are only sharing our point of view about the ending. And besides we all like kirino here. , look at the pictures. Well not everybody but the most are kirino shippers.
Old 2013-06-13, 08:59   Link #3309
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
Did i say that it is not?

I dont think you understand what i try to say there. You cant just copy and paste and find the meaning of it instantly in english.
You also need to do some background research on the words. The double meaning etc etc.

That is my point here. Dont twist it please.
Old 2013-06-13, 09:00   Link #3310
Ricadan

Quote:
Did i say that it is not?
No, of course not. I was just saying what I was thinking. I'm just saying that the fact that Japanese words can have double meanings so easily makes it beautiful, which you did say in your post.
Old 2013-06-13, 09:09   Link #3311
Wilshere

Kyousuke sure is dense,when he first saw the eroge box that read ''make love with little sister'',it took him 12 Volumes to understand what it wants him to do,its simple ''make love with your little sister you dumbass lol
Old 2013-06-13, 09:10   Link #3312
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
No, of course not. I was just saying what I was thinking. I'm just saying that the fact that Japanese words can have double meanings so easily makes it beautiful, which you did say in your post.
Oke problem solved sorry, sorry, sorry
Old 2013-06-13, 09:11   Link #3313
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
But you have missed one point. Why does she like espacially imouto x ani eroge? Has she ever talked with kuroneko about imouto x ani eroge? It is Always about witch mereru. but with kyousuke it is ani x imouto eroge.
She does, at least it is assumed they do while watching the anime. She was playing an imouto eroge while talking to Kuroneko on the phone. I believe it mentions that Kyousuke is a topic often discussed by the group as well. Kuroneko and Saori are well aware of her preference in eroge which is why her feelings and actions are not exactly a surprise to either of them throughout the series. Kuroneko forces Kirino to admit how much Kyousuke means to her when they meet after the destiny record breakup.

Edit: I don't understand what you are trying to get at in your edit.
Old 2013-06-13, 09:14   Link #3314
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Kyousuke sure is dense,when he first saw the eroge box that read ''make love with little sister'',it took him 12 Volumes to understand what it wants him to do,its simple ''make love with your little sister you dumbass lol
VOL.1
KIRINO: FUCK ME, ANIKI!

KYOSUKE: I DON'T UNDERSTUND :derpface:
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 09:15   Link #3315
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
VOL.1

haha,made my day.
It's sad that this would probably really be Kyousukes response.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 09:17   Link #3316
Wilshere

Quote:
VOL.1

LOL I think the series would be over by then
Old 2013-06-13, 09:18   Link #3317
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
She does, at least it is assumed they do while watching the anime. She was playing an imouto eroge while talking to Kuroneko on the phone. I believe it mentions that Kyousuke is a topic often discussed by the group as well. Kuroneko and Saori are well aware of her preference in eroge which is why her feelings and actions are not exactly a surprise to either of them throughout the series. Kuroneko forces Kirino to admit how much Kyousuke means to her when they meet after the destiny record breakup.

Not so much a Kuroneko shipper but I believe her actions warrant some form of happiness, she is was such an instrumental person in bringing the 2 siblings together, towards the end she still helps Kirino by playing the recording of her rejection. Total respect for Kuroneko if I wasn't a fan before I am now after volume 12.

On another I would have loved for more Saori, I really loved her normal mode, for a novel in which cuteness was one of the attributes of all majority of the female characters Saori brought the beauty...
Old 2013-06-13, 09:23   Link #3318
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
She does, at least it is assumed they do while watching the anime. She was playing an imouto eroge while talking to Kuroneko on the phone. I believe it's mention that Kyousuke is a topic often discussed by the group as well. Kuroneko and Saori are well aware of her preference in eroge which is why her feelings and actions are not exactly a surprise to either of them throughout the series. Kuroneko forces Kirino to admit how much Kyousuke means to her when they meet after the destiny record breakup.

Oreimo season 1 episode 2. will give you the answer. That it was manami who came up with the idea about an otaku meeting so, that kirino could open up about her hobbys.

this clearly says something about the state of kyousuke. He didnt have a clue what his imouto thinks and why she keeps this hobby hidden etc. I find this suspicious. Why did she open up about her hobby after kyousuke found out?

EDIT: And yes i know that episode of kuruneko calling her and saying are you playing a eroge. But that doesnt mean that she sharred with her thoughts about it and this doesnt mean that she (kuroneko) knows that kirino played it with her brother. Could you give me a evidence were kirino played eroge with some other than kyousuke? even her reactions at some eroge games were suspicious when kyousuke was not around. Look at episode 9 season 1.

Besides after she found friends. She still keeps asking for live counseling trough eroge and other stuff.
Old 2013-06-13, 09:25   Link #3319
protheus
short series addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
On another I would have loved for more Saori, I really loved her normal mode, for a novel in which cuteness was one of the attributes of all majority of the female characters Saori brought the beauty...
Beauty and elegance, I might add.
Old 2013-06-13, 09:28   Link #3320
Ricadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Haha, I just realized that if Fushimi were to write a spin off it would definitely be about Saori. He even hints at this when in chapter 4 Kyousuke comments how Saori's story is not part of their story.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings