AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 15:58   Link #3581
kentasaiba

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-14 at 15:59. Reason: Placed in an images tag, given the size
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:58   Link #3582
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Is this a win to the KirixKyosuke's fans?
Let me answer it this way. The author wanted to give kirino the best ending possible. In other words he wanted her to be happy. And what makes Kirino to be happy: to be with her onii chan forever (just like in her recordings).

So everyone his conclusion
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 15:58   Link #3583
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Nice, well hey man I've read a lot of the spoilers and some of the quick translations but excuse me for having opinions that don't match yours and wanting to read a translation that isn't done quickly.
Nice try. This isn't even about "having options that don't match mine" or anyone else's. It's about your not reading up about the basic factual elements of the story (that I and others correct you on repeatedly), but still drawing wild conclusions and arguing about it anyway. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Once you read the story, and have evidence in the text, then come back and justify your claims. Otherwise, you're arguing theories and wilfully ignoring evidence. I could understand that at first, when details were sparse, but it's been a week now.
Old 2013-06-14, 16:07   Link #3584
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Let me answer it this way. The author wanted to give kirino the best ending possible. In other words he wanted her to be happy. And what makes Kirino to be happy: to be with her onii chan forever (just like in her recordings).

So everyone his conclusion
Happiness is invading me!
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 16:07   Link #3585
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Nice try. This isn't even about "having options that don't match mine" or anyone else's. It's about your not reading up about the basic factual elements of the story (that I and others correct you on repeatedly), but still drawing wild conclusions and arguing about it anyway. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Once you read the story, and have evidence in the text, then come back and justify your claims. Otherwise, you're arguing theories and wilfully ignoring evidence.
How does knowing the major elements of the story already mean I have no room to discuss? Sorry but just because I don't know a detail in a 392 page translation shouldn't make me unable to participate and I've been pretty respectful of other peoples opinions. Because I interpret the story differently doesn't make me wrong, as well as not know every minute detail does not make me wrong. I simple asked whether the ceremony was a secret to everyone but Kirino and Kyousuke, instead you choose to berate me because you don't like what I have to say. If you don't like it then don't respond if I say something that is factually inaccurate that is fine correct me but most of the responses I've gotten from you tends to be your own conjecture about events and not a factual correction.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 16:11   Link #3586
DevG

New episode tommarow! Lets see if i can read volume 3 from start to finish by tommarow :P
DevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 16:16   Link #3587
seangel92

Quote:
How does knowing the major elements of the story already mean I have no room to discuss? Sorry but just because I don't know a detail in a 392 page translation shouldn't make me unable to participate and I've been pretty respectful of other peoples opinions. Because I interpret the story differently doesn't make me wrong, as well as not know every minute detail does not make me wrong. I simple asked whether the ceremony was a secret to everyone but Kirino and Kyousuke, instead you choose to berate me because you don't like what I have to say. If you don't like it then don't respond if I say something that is factually inaccurate that is fine correct me but most of the responses I've gotten from you tends to be your own conjecture about events and not a factual correction.
The autor said that he wanted to give the best happy ending to Kirino and he did it but the rest is just for our imagination (how they gonna fight in secret with their love). He gave to Kirino that she wanted (Kyosuke love)
Old 2013-06-14, 16:32   Link #3588
Wilshere

Quote:
You can interpret it the way you want,but I think you have something to do with moral issues which makes you not accept the ending although its CLEAR now,we have enough evidence throughout the Volumes to support it and there is no going back. Moral issues are hindering you from accepting the ending.
Old 2013-06-14, 16:36   Link #3589
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
You've said many times we have to wait for the full translations to be sure about things.

Didn't even bother answering the question either
Pretty sure he can read Japanese, though...
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 16:37   Link #3590
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
You can interpret it the way you want,but I think you have something to do with moral issues which makes you not accept the ending although its CLEAR now,we have enough evidence throughout the Volumes to support it and there is no going back. Moral issues are hindering you from accepting the ending.
Evidence is subject to interpretation, besides what ending is clear? That they love each other? I've not disagreed with that for a while once the quick translations came out. Where they go after the epilogue will never be clear but everyone will point to evidence that supports their thoughts about where it ultimately leads.
Old 2013-06-14, 16:41   Link #3591
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Lol Sorry but that's bullshit.It's no way that it is clear now.It would be clear if we had a definite ending, but this isn't the case.What we got is a open end.And so long as only one evidence is out there that is against the theory that Kyousuke and Kirino will be together forever, it is his right to interpret the story the way he does see it.Don't understand me wrong.I think ,too, that they will be together as lovers forever,but we don't have definite evidence either (because of the open end).
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 16:43   Link #3592
Wilshere

Quote:
Evidence is subject to interpretation, besides what ending is clear? That they love each other? I've not disagreed with that for a while once the quick translations came out. Where they go after the epilogue will never be clear but everyone will point to evidence that supports their thoughts about where it ultimately leads.
Author planned this ''hidden incest story plot'' from Volume 1,and he also said he wanted to give Kirino her 'happy ending',what makes her happy??? To be with her brother forever and this whole story started by 'life counseling' and its a secret between them. I think debating about this issue is useless,knowing what the final Volume has to say from evidence. I rest this case closed.

Edit: I dont think we need scenes just like YnS to confirm it,this novel isnt for adults,he admitted it was tricky so this ending he gave us was his best so he can face no problems from the law. Everyone can interpret it as he wishes but I cant see it in any other way.
Old 2013-06-14, 16:48   Link #3593
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I simple asked whether the ceremony was a secret to everyone but Kirino and Kyousuke, instead you choose to berate me because you don't like what I have to say.
No, because I guessed by the context of the conversation where this was going, and I was dreading it since it's a reprise of what has been going on for days with you all over the Internet. But here you go anyway...

The marriage ceremony was only the two of them.
Old 2013-06-14, 16:52   Link #3594
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Lol Sorry but that's bullshit.It's no way that it is clear now.It would be clear if we had a definite ending, but this isn't the case.What we got is a open end.And so long as only one evidence is out there that is against the theory that Kyousuke and Kirino will be together forever, it is his right to interpret the story the way he does see it.Don't understand me wrong.I think ,too, that they will be together as lovers forever,but we don't have definite evidence either (because of the open end).
The autor said that Oreimo is like a galge and Kirino is the winner and she has the best happy ending that he could give to her. Kirino wants to stay in love with Kyosuke forever but she dither with the break up (Ruin his study, finding work, sociaty against them). For me is clear, if the autor had wanted a "normal siblings", he wouldn't have put a second kiss and the "follow me".
Old 2013-06-14, 16:58   Link #3595
Kakurin-san
Chitoge on vacation!

Part 3 Final Chapter

Spoiler for Part 3 Final Chapter:
Old 2013-06-14, 17:02   Link #3596
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
The autor said that Oreimo is like a galge and Kirino is the winner and she has the best happy ending that he could give to her. Kirino wants to stay in love with Kyosuke forever but she dither with the break up (Ruin his study, finding work, sociaty against them). For me is clear, if the autor has wanted a "normal siblings", he wouldn't put a second kiss and the "follow me".
Yeah,I have the same interpretation as you.But my point is that because it is clear for us,it doesn't mean that it's clear for other people like tommythecat.He doesn't see the ending as definite as the most people do and that is his right.And as long as there is a evidence out there which is against the theory of the siblings to be together as lovers forever,so long he does has the right to say they aren't going to be togetehr again (at least not as lovers).He doesn't say we are all wrong,so please don't say he is definitively wrong with his interpretation,because he isn't.His interpretation is definitively legit.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 17:08   Link #3597
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Yeah,I have the same interpretation as you.But my point is that because it is clear for us,it doesn't mean that it's clear for other people like tommythecat.He doesn't see the ending as definite as the most people do and that is his right.And as long as there is a evidence out there which is against the theory of the siblings to be together as lovers forever,so long he does has the right to say they aren't going to be togetehr again (at least not as lovers).He doesn't say we are all wrong,so please don't say he is definitively wrong with his interpretation,because he isn't.His interpretation is definitively legit.
The autor made this ending only to avoid the law in order to the "I don't like incest, I want to see them in a normal siblings relationship" can be happy saying that they have a no-incest ending (forced interpretation and what the autor wants to calm this people). For me it's clear.
Old 2013-06-14, 17:08   Link #3598
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Part 3 Final Chapter

Spoiler for Part 3 Final Chapter:
Atmosphere getting tense there (well, here as well). Shit gets serious now,cant wait for the excitement !!! thx mate great job
Old 2013-06-14, 17:12   Link #3599
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, because I guessed by the context of the conversation where this was going, and I was dreading it since it's a reprise of what has been going on for days with you all over the Internet. But here you go anyway...

The marriage ceremony was only the two of them.
Well thank you for answering the question and insulting me. The reason I wanted to be clear was because the interview talked about a secret they share so I wanted to know if the wedding could be that secret. I knew it was private but didn't know if it was a secret.
Old 2013-06-14, 17:14   Link #3600
Kakurin-san
Chitoge on vacation!

I am watching this discussion pretty curiously. Because I for my part am completely disinterested in the question of whether they are together forever, whether they are dating behind the curtains or whatever. Why? First of all, Kirino is happy. Even though I still haven't gone through the very last part, yet, it can be said, that Kirino is happy. And for me as a Kirino fan this is quite important. Second, Kirino got her wish, in that Kyousuke has chosen her and in that process broken off all the bridges behind him. Third, Kirino got those lovely moments (cute interactions, kiss) that I wanted to see. And fourth, even if they are not actively dating in the end, they are still in love.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings