AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-16, 13:07   Link #3741
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
^ I don't care either way.

What I thought, when I saw the illustration with Kirino and Kyousuke in the church, that they would burn-out(hope that is the right word) and marry in another country, where nobody knows them and they don't have to hold back.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:09   Link #3742
seangel92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
^ I don't care either way.

What I thought, when I saw the illustration with Kirino and Kyousuke in the church, that they would burn-out(hope that is the right word) and marry in another country, where nobody knows them and they don't have to hold back.
Where? I want to see it
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:14   Link #3743
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
^ I don't care either way.

What I thought, when I saw the illustration with Kirino and Kyousuke in the church, that they would burn-out(hope that is the right word) and marry in another country, where nobody knows them and they don't have to hold back.
The word your looking for is "eloping", and I think Kyousuke may actually be ready to consider such a thing.
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:17   Link #3744
seangel92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
The word your looking for is "eloping", and I think Kyousuke may actually be ready to consider such a thing.
Where did Kyosuke say it?
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:21   Link #3745
Sakura_Tsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: En un lugar llamado Tierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Well thats how I see it for these two in able to stay together without crossing the line of them being siblings. I also think its logical given the information ,but thats my view and if this were the ending I'll be more than happy.
One thing that is clear to me about this novel. There is no possibility for them to end with somebody else. Kyousuke shot the door for other options and he didn't regret it and there is no evidence that Kirino showed interest in other man beside her brother. So why would she do it now? The author has closed other routes 100%. In volume 12.

I see the wedding ceremony. As a real wedding. A wedding that took place between them and is sealed in there hearths and not by law or society. The part of mikigami is important to understand this point of view. It is a secret between them that must not be shared with the world.

We don't know how it will go in the future and how it plays out. But them going back to full siblings, I don't think so. Maybe in society they are siblings but in there hearths they are connected in a romantic way. The kiss of kyousuke (even if it is like: he gets an A on the mock exam, she will do anything for him). This Is something that can't be tossed away just like that (looking for evidence). It has a purpose. And Kirino didn't reject it. After this point........................we Don't have a clue what happens.

But they will try to think for a way to stay together forever through life counseling.
Because like I said the doors are closed. Because they closed them completely to being able to choose something else. Besides if they separte (get married with sombody else). What the hell is the purpose of an agreement?

I think the purpose of the agreement is a security law between them to not destroy there future to being together forever. That is what they want. If Kirino wants all her wishes to be true that she had on her IPOD. Dating sombody else or ending living separete lifes. Is not the solution.

Here is the recording about what she asks about her future self. And Kyousuke also listend to this:

Spoiler for translation:


They thought about it together to solve this problems.

Last edited by Sakura_Tsuki; 2013-06-16 at 13:50.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:25   Link #3746
takuwelteel
The Wonboy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I've been digesting this ending for awhile now, and I still can't say whether I like it or hate it, so I'll go with indifferent for now.

Personally, I have no issues with incest, as they make for good and cute stories, however this one is different. When I came into this series about a year ago, it literally destroyed my expectations. I expected a series literally named in english as "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" to have incest and one thing I really liked was that it didn't. It was just a brother and sister with an estranged relationship at the start and the series was about them becoming closer, so much so that Kirino helped Kyousuke with Kuroneko just like he helped her early in Oreimo. It felt like they were coming very close brother and sister, and I really enjoyed that and when Kuroneko confessed to Kyousuke and he agreed, I was really into it.

It was a story that never felt like it would turn to incest, but as it went on, you had so many girls who loved Kyousuke and there was only one of him, so I knew many girls would be disappointed.

However, the last volume really changed expectations again. Not only did we get into an incestual type of relationship, but all the girls are rejected. Then, all of a sudden the two agree to become normal siblings after graduation. I kind of felt it was an insult, not only to me as a reader and watcher of the anime, but also to the girls in the story and the series in general. He goes out and rejects all the girls, confesses to his sister, than that relationship just goes back to normal? Kind of feels like a waste of time. All this build up and they just go back to "normal siblings." Just feels wrong and is insult to the girls who confessed to him and were rejected for his sister. It also has me asking "Why?" about the whole thing. Like why confess and then just go back to "normal siblings." There's no way going to back normal after all that anyways.

Of course, it doesn't help that series I've read and watched lately have ending horribly IMO. The Usagi Drop manga was one that ended similar to this, except it was more extreme and out of nowhere and I'm still bitter about that, as well as the Negima ending that I'm bitter against as well, though I understand the complications for it.

I guess I just wish that the author would have chosen a girl for Kyousuke beyond his sister. There are Kuroneko fans, Ayase fans, Maname fans, etc. among the readers and the chosen girl would make fans of the others mad, but it would at least be a choice for Kyousuke that people can respect, especially since the relationship with the sister was well and good. There was really no reason for the incest arc to further the relationship. It was good enough as it was. I also wish that the expectations that I got when I first read the story were kept broken and not reformed as they were.

So, those are just my thoughts. I'll keep on letting it stew and I'll wait for a DEFINITE conclusion when the ten year time skip comes.
takuwelteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:45   Link #3747
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Where did Kyosuke say it?
He did not say something like that, was a joke by me. But Kyousuke is indeed more determined when it comes to the outside world, saying something like storming through the minefield, stopping Kirino from telling Manami about the agreement and the kiss in the end.

EDIT: @takuwelteel, I doubt anything definite will result from the ten years later short story. Besides, if you follow my line of interpretation, they do not return to being normal siblings at all. So only if you take the words at face value, do they return to being siblings, if you read between the lines then, at least in my view, they are not going back to normal at all. So therefore I personally don't see an insult at all.
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:52   Link #3748
seangel92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by takuwelteel View Post
I've been digesting this ending for awhile now, and I still can't say whether I like it or hate it, so I'll go with indifferent for now.

Personally, I have no issues with incest, as they make for good and cute stories, however this one is different. When I came into this series about a year ago, it literally destroyed my expectations. I expected a series literally named in english as "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" to have incest and one thing I really liked was that it didn't. It was just a brother and sister with an estranged relationship at the start and the series was about them becoming closer, so much so that Kirino helped Kyousuke with Kuroneko just like he helped her early in Oreimo. It felt like they were coming very close brother and sister, and I really enjoyed that and when Kuroneko confessed to Kyousuke and he agreed, I was really into it.

It was a story that never felt like it would turn to incest, but as it went on, you had so many girls who loved Kyousuke and there was only one of him, so I knew many girls would be disappointed.

However, the last volume really changed expectations again. Not only did we get into an incestual type of relationship, but all the girls are rejected. Then, all of a sudden the two agree to become normal siblings after graduation. I kind of felt it was an insult, not only to me as a reader and watcher of the anime, but also to the girls in the story and the series in general. He goes out and rejects all the girls, confesses to his sister, than that relationship just goes back to normal? Kind of feels like a waste of time. All this build up and they just go back to "normal siblings." Just feels wrong and is insult to the girls who confessed to him and were rejected for his sister. It also has me asking "Why?" about the whole thing. Like why confess and then just go back to "normal siblings." There's no way going to back normal after all that anyways.

Of course, it doesn't help that series I've read and watched lately have ending horribly IMO. The Usagi Drop manga was one that ended similar to this, except it was more extreme and out of nowhere and I'm still bitter about that, as well as the Negima ending that I'm bitter against as well, though I understand the complications for it.

I guess I just wish that the author would have chosen a girl for Kyousuke beyond his sister. There are Kuroneko fans, Ayase fans, Maname fans, etc. among the readers and the chosen girl would make fans of the others mad, but it would at least be a choice for Kyousuke that people can respect, especially since the relationship with the sister was well and good. There was really no reason for the incest arc to further the relationship. It was good enough as it was. I also wish that the expectations that I got when I first read the story were kept broken and not reformed as they were.

So, those are just my thoughts. I'll keep on letting it stew and I'll wait for a DEFINITE conclusion when the ten year time skip comes.
Kyosuke still choose Kirino and Kirino still choose Kyosuke, the point is that they have to break up to not be separated by their parents and that the society don't ruin their lifes. A incest is not a easy relationship and they have to internalize their romantic feels to live together with their parents until they can be able to stay together without problems (I deduce it). They can't go back to normal siblings, impossible, I think that they want to be normal siblings to outside eyes but they gonna have some hints in secret (It's inevitable).

PD: I am sure that the "time skip" won't clarify anything.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:56   Link #3749
Sakura_Tsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: En un lugar llamado Tierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Kyosuke still choose Kirino and Kirino still choose Kyosuke, the point is that they have to break up to not be separated by their parents and that the society don't ruin their lifes. A incest is not a easy relationship and they have to internalize their romantic feels to live together with their parents until they can be able to stay together without problems (I deduce it). They can't go back to normal siblings, impossible, I think that they want to be normal siblings to outside eyes.

PD: I am sure that the "time skip" won't clarify anything.
That is exactly my conclusion on the story. A Incest route is not easy. To close it with a 100% clear happy ending.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:08   Link #3750
seangel92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
That is exactly my conclusion on the story. A Incest route is not easy. To close it with a 100% clear happy ending.
It would be hilarious if Fushimi writes other LN with 2 siblings moving to an apartment like roommates and in the past they had a romantic relationship but they break up and now they are reliving this feelings (Comedy, romantic, harem, +18 [Incest is for +18 in japan with sex or not]). I have seen autors writting 2 differents stories (Differents names, appearance, etc...) but this stories have a time connection between them.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:18   Link #3751
Wilshere
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
One thing that is clear to me about this novel. There is no possibility for them to end with somebody else. Kyousuke shot the door for other options and he didn't regret it and there is no evidence that Kirino showed interest in other man beside her brother. So why would she do it now? The author has closed other routes 100%. In volume 12.

I see the wedding ceremony. As a real wedding. A wedding that took place between them and is sealed in there hearths and not by law or society. The part of mikigami is important to understand this point of view. It is a secret between them that must not be shared with the world.

We don't know how it will go in the future and how it plays out. But them going back to full siblings, I don't think so. Maybe in society they are siblings but in there hearths they are connected in a romantic way. The kiss of kyousuke (even if it is like: he gets an A on the mock exam, she will do anything for him). This Is something that can't be tossed away just like that (looking for evidence). It has a purpose. And Kirino didn't reject it. After this point........................we Don't have a clue what happens.

But they will try to think for a way to stay together forever through life counseling.
Because like I said the doors are closed. Because they closed them completely to being able to choose something else. Besides if they separte (get married with sombody else). What the hell is the purpose of an agreement?

I think the purpose of the agreement is a security law between them to not destroy there future to being together forever. That is what they want. If Kirino wants all her wishes to be true that she had on her IPOD. Dating sombody else or ending living separete lifes. Is not the solution.

Here is the recording about what she asks about her future self. And Kyousuke also listend to this:

Spoiler for translation:


They thought about it together to solve this problems.
I know what you mean,yes I agree,they both will not love anybody of the different gender,they will never return to being ''normal siblings'',I myself said that and I'm sure that is the case,but I just wanted to interpret it from a different point of view looking for society difficulties,and well, Kyousuke may have betrayed his father's trust but he still says we have important family,friends etc.... even though he admits he will never make Kirino cry or get hurt,so its kinda contradictory here but yet again,they just can wait again when they become full adults,maybe move to another country where they can marry(I said about her work in Europe and due to laws,the Netherlands seemingly allows sibling marriage so they might live there) and about the ''life counseling'' that they will have when they go back home: They will discuss the issue about how they can be together.

Edit: I think ceremonies in Japan are not to be joked around with,looking what Kyousuke prepared he really meant this,again to society they are siblings,between them they are a married couple.

Edit 2: In the anime credits,now its fall,after fall comes Winter,I'll be waiting for the Kirino end!!!!
__________________

Last edited by Wilshere; 2013-06-16 at 14:31.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:28   Link #3752
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Looks like, I missed something. Is there gonna be a short story about 10 years after? First time, reading about it. Do we have a release date, yet?
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:34   Link #3753
Wilshere
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Looks like, I missed something. Is there gonna be a short story about 10 years after? First time, reading about it. Do we have a release date, yet?
19th June,dont expect much tho.
__________________
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:35   Link #3754
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Looks like, I missed something. Is there gonna be a short story about 10 years after? First time, reading about it. Do we have a release date, yet?
It's out already I believe since it is bundled with Volume 1 of the second season. Don't expect any hints though, it may have vague hints but they will be able to be interpreted in different ways most likely.

I thought it was out 16th but maybe it's 19th like Wilshere says.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:35   Link #3755
takuwelteel
The Wonboy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Looks like, I missed something. Is there gonna be a short story about 10 years after? First time, reading about it. Do we have a release date, yet?
I think it will come with the DVD of the anime.
takuwelteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:37   Link #3756
Sakura_Tsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: En un lugar llamado Tierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
I know what you mean,yes I agree,they both will not love anybody of the different gender,they will never return to being ''normal siblings'',I myself said that and I'm sure that is the case,but I just wanted to interpret it from a different point of view looking for society difficulties,and well, Kyousuke may have betrayed his father's trust but he still says we have important family,friends etc.... even though he admits he will never make Kirino cry or get hurt,so its kinda contradictory here but yet again,they just can wait again when they become full adults,maybe move to another country where they can marry(I said about her work in Europe and due to laws,the Netherlands seemingly allows sibling marriage so they might live there) and about the ''life counseling'' that they will have when they go back home: They will discuss the issue about how they can be together.

Edit: I think ceremonies in Japan are not to be joked around with,looking what Kyousuke prepared he really meant this,again to society they are siblings,between them they are a married couple.

Edit 2: In the anime credits,now its fall,after fall comes Winter,I'll be waiting for the Kirino end!!!!
That is why I think they made that agreement (to protect themselfs from society and without hurting there parents there feelings). And thought about how they could stay together forever. Without hurting others in the process. It was a bit confusing because I quoted your opinion. But it was not intending to attack your story. But actually we have the same thoughts about the story ending. sorry my mistake.

Besides I life in the Netherlands. But incest couples are not allowed here.

So I have bad news for kirino and kyousuke

EDIT: In Netherlands, cousins marriage is not considered incest and is allowed (but not everyone looks to it that way, most people also see this as incest). But sister and brother that is another story. Even Netherlands doesn't allow that by law marriage.

Last edited by Sakura_Tsuki; 2013-06-16 at 14:57.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:50   Link #3757
Sakura_Tsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: En un lugar llamado Tierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
It would be hilarious if Fushimi writes other LN with 2 siblings moving to an apartment like roommates and in the past they had a romantic relationship but they break up and now they are reliving this feelings (Comedy, romantic, harem, +18 [Incest is for +18 in japan with sex or not]). I have seen autors writting 2 differents stories (Differents names, appearance, etc...) but this stories have a time connection between them.
That would be totally awesome if Fushimi did that ahahahaha.

But let us also thake into consideration. That it is not easy to write two hits novels after one other. Not many mangakas and novel authors can do that.
But knowing that he could make Oreimo is such a nice story. I am looking forward for his next work. And have faith that it will turn again in a great story.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:57   Link #3758
Wilshere
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
That is why I think they made that agreement (to protect themselfs from society and without hurting there parents there feelings). And thought about how they could stay together forever. Without hurting others in the process. It was a bit confusing because I quoted your opinion. But it was not intended to attack your story. But actually we have the same thoughts about the story ending. sorry my mistake.

Besides I life in the Netherlands. But incest couples are not allowed here.

So I have bad news for kirino and kyousuke

EDIT: In Netherlands, cousins marriage is not considered incest and is allowed (but not everyone looks to it that way, most people also see this as incest). But sister and brother that is another story. Even Netherlands doesn't allow that by law marriage.
Aha,cousin-cousin marriage is considered incest??????? Hmm lol my parents are cousins. Different views of course, but thats new to me.
__________________
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 15:02   Link #3759
protheus
short series addict
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Belgique
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Aha,cousin-cousin marriage is considered incest??????? Hmm lol my parents are cousins. Different views of course, but thats new to me.
Depends on degree and country.
__________________
Drawing fanart is my thing...sometimes.
Protheus991 on deviantart
protheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 15:05   Link #3760
seangel92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
Depends on degree and country.
In my country, marriage between cousins are allowed.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.