AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-06-18, 20:43   Link #3861
jandkas

So the ten years later novel from what I heard is either about kirino 25 years old listening to her previous self, or it is about kuronekos sister becoming like her, which one was it confirmed to be.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 21:38   Link #3862
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
So the ten years later novel from what I heard is either about kirino 25 years old listening to her previous self, or it is about kuronekos sister becoming like her, which one was it confirmed to be.
Apparently it's about chuunibyou Tamaki visits Kirino to watch a Meruru Remake 10 years after the end of the story (remember that Tamaki is a Meruru fan in present-day). Future Tamaki apparently looks just like Kuroneko does present-day. Kirino is apparently so beautiful for her age that chuuni-Tamaki considers her a modern-day witch. () Hinata also goes to see Kirino to ask for "life counselling" about her little sister. None of the other characters appear.

(But, if Kirino is hanging out with Ruri's sisters, then it certainly suggests that the two families are still friends.)
Old 2013-06-18, 23:10   Link #3863
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Apparently it's about chuunibyou Tamaki visits Kirino to watch a Meruru Remake 10 years after the end of the story (remember that Tamaki is a Meruru fan in present-day). Future Tamaki apparently looks just like Kuroneko does present-day. Kirino is apparently so beautiful for her age that chuuni-Tamaki considers her a modern-day witch. () Hinata also goes to see Kirino to ask for "life counselling" about her little sister. None of the other characters appear.

(But, if Kirino is hanging out with Ruri's sisters, then it certainly suggests that the two families are still friends.)
That honestly sounds very fun. I wonder if there will be any 25 y/o Kirino pictures, Tamaki too. Must see.
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 23:38   Link #3864
zubalikei

Very sad...

I'm very sad if the "10 years" is just it.
I really wish the author would give us at least a single hint about the future life of Kyosuke too... or possibly just one clue of how he interacts with Kirino ten years later...
The overal future scenario seems blurred... after the end remains a sense that something is missing, or incomplete...
zubalikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 23:43   Link #3865
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post
That honestly sounds very fun. I wonder if there will be any 25 y/o Kirino pictures, Tamaki too. Must see.
There's a picture of aged Tamaki on Kuroneko/Yamineko route from the second PSP game, even though she already get over her chuuni and wear normal cloth again. But by 'normal cloth' I mean old-fashion kimono (which on Kirino route-verse, Kirino's son had crush on Tamaki )

The other characters beside her, Kanako, and Bridgette didn't look any different there though.
Old 2013-06-18, 23:45   Link #3866
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubalikei View Post
I'm very sad if the "10 years" is just it.
I really wish the author would give us at least a single hint about the future life of Kyosuke too... or possibly just one clue of how he interacts with Kirino ten years later...
The overal future scenario seems blurred... after the end remains a sense that something is missing, or incomplete...
Your only hope is the author's blog or additional interviews something.
Something like that will never be in Dengeki Bunko, and I doubt it will be bundled with any BDs since Aniplex probably doesn't want to go there either.

It's best you do not get your hopes up for something like that ever coming, officially.
If there ever was something like that, it would end up being like:
Kirino and Kyousuke are living together.

And that's it, no romance stuff, no confirmation of anything, just more ambiguous stuff.
There would still be no conclusion, but I guess they could hammer it home hard enough to the point it gets hard to deny. Who knows what they will do though, maybe nothing.
Old 2013-06-19, 00:18   Link #3867
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post
Your only hope is the author's blog or additional interviews something.
Something like that will never be in Dengeki Bunko, and I doubt it will be bundled with any BDs since Aniplex probably doesn't want to go there either.

It's best you do not get your hopes up for something like that ever coming, officially.
If there ever was something like that, it would end up being like:
Kirino and Kyousuke are living together.

And that's it, no romance stuff, no confirmation of anything, just more ambiguous stuff.
There would still be no conclusion, but I guess they could hammer it home hard enough to the point it gets hard to deny. Who knows what they will do though, maybe nothing.
Knowing Kirino and Kyousuke living together is enough for a closure... It's not I want to see their baby....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 01:41   Link #3868
Wilshere

Any news on the '10 year story' ?
Old 2013-06-19, 03:34   Link #3869
jandkas

And then it's like bam at the end kyosuke is like tadaima(I'm home) during the lifie consultation

Last edited by jandkas; 2013-06-19 at 03:35. Reason: Typo
Old 2013-06-19, 04:35   Link #3870
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou

Quote:
And then it's like bam at the end kyosuke is like tadaima(I'm home) during the lifie consultation
A 'tadaima' Kyousuke, and a "welcome home" kiss from Kirino....?

I'm not asking too much. Right? Right?
...will squeeze in joy if that happens.....
Old 2013-06-19, 04:46   Link #3871
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

This, will make this series complete.
Old 2013-06-19, 05:03   Link #3872
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Me too. If that happens......................
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 09:07   Link #3873
zubalikei

What pisses me off is that in fact we don't know how Kyousuke and Kirino will deal their situation.
Look: if they settled things in order to being normal siblings despite their love feelings, then the author could show us a real effort from them to achieve this goal. That would be a definite way to end the story and we could imagine the future, the implications and the possible logical developments from this ending. We could calm down... either being happy or unappy with the ending. Before the epilogue seemed it will happen, but noooo....

They go out to an event from their otaku partners. She suddenly asks him to buy her a ring (not a Meruru BD, or an eroge, or a game character figure, but an object more significant for a couple and particularly for their own story: a ring!). Does it not make him remember something?
Then Kyousuke concludes (at my vision, correctly) that buying a ring to Kirino is not quite good because he is no longer her boyfriend! What's her response when he demonstrates not want to buy the ring?? "We are siblings... there is no problem!" (Huuu??? No problem!!?)
They start to ignore from this very moment the agreement to be normal siblings!! They permit ONE couple's characteristic action (in Kyousuke's point of view). Here started my confusion....
After that in "retaliation" Kyousuke uses his wish to kiss Kirino. Where was the kiss does not matter. They permit ONE MORE couple's characteristic action (in Kirinos's side of view) and as result she acts very tsundere... (This could generate a chain reaction in order to break the agreement? O my.... I don't no... it is not clear!)
Kyousuke's response cames in same way: "We are siblings, then there is no problem!"

The confusion in my mind is stated... in the epilogue the settlement of being normal siblings is messy and in fact we don't know what Kyousuke and Kirino intends to do.
As a result there is no way to conclude if they intend to elope in a distant future, or if they are actually lovers in secret, or if they will continuously smash their own feelings in order to live like (almost) normal siblings...
The autor don't permit us to know the true path chosen by the main characters... it's an excessively open ending...

The doubts pops out everytime in my mind. The "10 years after" short story doesn't help...
I enjoyed the light novel from the very start till the end and I was huge impacted, but I think that there is much more story to tell. This sensation is painfull.

Sorry for these pathetic comments, but I did need to talk about this (also pathetic) thoughts from my mind... I will have a long time until calm down my feelings and stop thinking about Oreimo.

Last edited by zubalikei; 2013-06-19 at 09:13. Reason: correcting
zubalikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 09:49   Link #3874
Kakurin-san
Chitoge on vacation!

Part 2 of Chapter 1

Spoiler for Part 2 Chapter 1:
Old 2013-06-19, 10:02   Link #3875
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Part 2 of Chapter 1

Spoiler for Part 2 Chapter 1:
Two parts "two"? xD
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:16   Link #3876
Kakurin-san
Chitoge on vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
Two parts "two"? xD
Yep, the other one was the upper half. It is included in this part 2.
Old 2013-06-19, 11:32   Link #3877
jandkas

In the oreimo dvd 1 animated commentary you can find online
Have you ever noticed that Super Kyousuke was mentioned way back and said to appear in vol 12, and he even says the line "because we're siblings" way back. ITS A CONSPIRACY joking aside maybe they had some planning.

Last edited by jandkas; 2013-06-19 at 12:20.
Old 2013-06-19, 12:28   Link #3878
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
In the oreimo dvd 1 animated commentary you can find online
Have you ever noticed that Super Kyousuke was mentioned way back and said to appear in vol 12, and he even says the line "because we're siblings" way back. ITS A CONSPIRACY joking aside maybe they had some planning.
I'm sure there was a vague vision of how he wanted it to end.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:21   Link #3879
seangel92

Where is the "time skip"?
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 20:58   Link #3880
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Note that I did move some recent posts to the Fanfiction thread.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings