AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-23, 03:22   Link #3941
jandkas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesusCrust View Post
What interview? Did the author imply an ending where they DO end up getting together? I feel so sad and depressed right now due to this ending, idk. Never watching a slice of life show again, I get too into it(this show is probably the most I've ever been into anything), and then this happens.

EDIT: You mean the PSP Cop out ending interview right? Man I feel so sad, like I don't even want to walk around anymore, and my heart feels heavy. I know its not a particularly sad story objectively, but this set set of characters, I've grown extremely attached to them. I've read all of Game of Thrones(all the books) and even IT didn't make me feel like this. Steins;Gate made me feel worse though.
We all know that feeling bro, the best you can do is to just go through it, even I'm
still trying to cope with this, although for it ended with the girl, I feel it lacks closure.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 03:49   Link #3942
CheesusCrust
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
We all know that feeling bro, the best you can do is to just go through it, even I'm
still trying to cope with this, although for it ended with the girl, I feel it lacks closure.
I wish they could have just gotten together at the end, if not her then Ruri or Ayae, but this ending makes me super depressed. I was rooting for Kirino all along, only for it to end like this. I'll watch the PSP playthroughs I suppose, and get my Ayase and Ruri ending, although that feels like a cop out to my own feelings. No more new anime after this season for a long time I think for me. Back to regular books(Asimov)
CheesusCrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 04:07   Link #3943
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesusCrust View Post
I wish they could have just gotten together at the end, if not her then Ruri or Ayae, but this ending makes me super depressed. I was rooting for Kirino all along, only for it to end like this. I'll watch the PSP playthroughs I suppose, and get my Ayase and Ruri ending, although that feels like a cop out to my own feelings. No more new anime after this season for a long time I think for me. Back to regular books(Asimov)
Well, they do end up together. This "going back to siblings" is more for their outward behaviour, than for their inward feelings and relationship. And the author has implied in the interview that the reason he couldn't go all out was restrictions imposed by the publisher.
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 04:12   Link #3944
CheesusCrust
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Well, they do end up together. This "going back to siblings" is more for their outward behaviour, than for their inward feelings and relationship. And the author has implied in the interview that the reason he couldn't go all out was restrictions imposed by the publisher.
That makes me feel a lot better. Hopefully he can do a full followup one day, without having to consider the publisher. Isn't he already really popular?
CheesusCrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 04:18   Link #3945
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesusCrust View Post
That makes me feel a lot better. Hopefully he can do a full followup one day, without having to consider the publisher. Isn't he already really popular?
I don't think it is possible to ignore the demands from publisher and supervision. If you are interested in it, here is my interpretation of the ending:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3675
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 05:03   Link #3946
jandkas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesusCrust View Post
That makes me feel a lot better. Hopefully he can do a full followup one day, without having to consider the publisher. Isn't he already really popular?
If you go for a full on incest marriage or something that gets you blacklisted
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 06:42   Link #3947
Sakura_Tsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: En un lugar llamado Tierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesusCrust View Post
What interview? Did the author imply an ending where they DO end up getting together? I feel so sad and depressed right now due to this ending, idk. Never watching a slice of life show again, I get too into it(this show is probably the most I've ever been into anything), and then this happens.

EDIT: You mean the PSP Cop out ending interview right? Man I feel so sad, like I don't even want to walk around anymore, and my heart feels heavy. I know its not a particularly sad story objectively, but this set set of characters, I've grown extremely attached to them. I've read all of Game of Thrones(all the books) and even IT didn't make me feel like this. Steins;Gate made me feel worse though.
Couldn't respond (sleeping). The question you had was already answered by Sigup

The problem is he couldn't make it 'very clear' about them ending up together. Because of editing policies. Knowing this, that confirmed for me that it is a 100% kirino ending and why he made the ending that way.

Here you can find the interview:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...94#post4729794

Last edited by Sakura_Tsuki; 2013-06-23 at 07:02.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 12:10   Link #3948
CheesusCrust
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I don't think it is possible to ignore the demands from publisher and supervision. If you are interested in it, here is my interpretation of the ending:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3675
This makes me feel a lot better. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
If you go for a full on incest marriage or something that gets you blacklisted
What about that one show, Fish Wind or something? I haven't seen it, but I've heard its similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Couldn't respond (sleeping). The question you had was already answered by Sigup

The problem is he couldn't make it 'very clear' about them ending up together. Because of editing policies. Knowing this, that confirmed for me that it is a 100% kirino ending and why he made the ending that way.

Here you can find the interview:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...94#post4729794
Ahhh, that makes me feel happy now, combined with what Sigup said. I'm upset at the restrictions now, but the author saying all this makes it all ok. I'll be watching closely for whatever he releases next.
CheesusCrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 12:25   Link #3949
protheus
short series addict
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Belgique
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
As a Kirino shipper I am already satisfied about how the novel ended.
I can't say I was a Kirino shipper, but I'm very happy with the result, since it came to the ending he had in mind from start. I wouldn't care less if it was any other girl, as long as it was his choice (the authors) and not imposed by editors, and that it followed up the infos scattered around in all the LN's.

Also, you must at least know a character to be able to like it to some extent, and the only feminine characters thoroughly explained are Kirino and Ruri (although to a lesser extent), for the rest I couldn't even think of a finish since I didn't even knew them (yes, small bits of info's here and there, but not enough to form a "character sheet"). I mean, as example, for Ayase, the only images of her that you get are a kind of crazy love for Kirino, exaggerated reactions towards Kyo and good at house work. What kind of complete image can you form from that so you can ship her with the main character?
__________________
Drawing fanart is my thing...sometimes.
Protheus991 on deviantart
protheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 12:52   Link #3950
Wilshere
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Age: 20
Am I the only one left in the dark for not knowing what the next episode will contain?
__________________
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 14:25   Link #3951
protheus
short series addict
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Belgique
Age: 28
I had no doubts about the ending, I was stating the "if the author chose another". To do that he should have developed the other chars better, but he knew what he wanted, so he followed more intensively the growth of Kirino's character all the way to the end.
__________________
Drawing fanart is my thing...sometimes.
Protheus991 on deviantart
protheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 15:56   Link #3952
Sakura_Tsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: En un lugar llamado Tierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
I had no doubts about the ending, I was stating the "if the author chose another". To do that he should have developed the other chars better, but he knew what he wanted, so he followed more intensively the growth of Kirino's character all the way to the end.
The purpose of the post was not because I thought you had a doubt about the ending.

After reading your comment. I felt the urge to write why I like kirino and why I think the author did what he did with the story. EDIT: let us say your comment about: 'Also, you must at least know a character to be able to like it to some extent' triggered this urge ahahah.

But reading my post again it was like I was doubting you . Sorry that was not my intention. (I DELETED IT because of this and because my post didn't add nothing to the discussion, I already wrote something about why I like Kirino).

Last edited by Sakura_Tsuki; 2013-06-23 at 16:32.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 19:56   Link #3953
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I left this thread when spoilers for Vol12 first came out, and thought I'd catch up once I've read the Chinese translated version. I've read Vol12 now, and there's almost 100 pages worth of new posts here in this thread; stuff reading through all of those >.<

Anyway, here's my two cents on this volume, likely already been covered in this thread before by others:
Spoiler for Vol12 thoughts:
Flere821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 20:18   Link #3954
_Xero
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I'm new to the forums and first wanted to say thank you to everyone who worked very hard in order to let us enjoy these amazing novels. I absolutely loved this series and will never forget it. None of this would have happened without the kindness of these people.

I have a question about the timeline of the series and was hoping someone could help me understand it. The incident with Sakurai happened during Kyousuke's third year in middle school. This caused the cold war which lasted three years. At the end almost two years had passed since the first life counseling. Wouldn't this mean Kyousuke should have already graduated? Did I get the times wrong?
_Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 20:25   Link #3955
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Xero View Post
I have a question about the timeline of the series and was hoping someone could help me understand it. The incident with Sakurai happened during Kyousuke's third year in middle school. This caused the cold war which lasted three years. At the end almost two years had passed since the first life counseling. Wouldn't this mean Kyousuke should have already graduated? Did I get the times wrong?
Basically, the novels start while Kyousuke is still a second year high school student, and they end when he graduates from High School (remember that in Volume 10 he was writing college/university entrance exams).

In other words, when they measure the Cold War as three years long, they're measuring it from the end, not from when the Life Consultations started.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 20:59   Link #3956
_Xero
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Ah okay that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up relentless!

I have one other question. What was Kirino's secret request from chapter 4? Was it the agreement or something else?
_Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 21:36   Link #3957
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Xero View Post
I have one other question. What was Kirino's secret request from chapter 4? Was it the agreement or something else?
Yeah, basically the request was that the keep dating only until they both graduate.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 21:42   Link #3958
roundedrocks
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Hello, I'm new here. Nice to meet you, guys.
Well... I need some help, because I don't understand some things in LN end. Hope someone can help me to understand.

Ki and Kyou really back as siblings for real?
I read the part of wedding in last chapter and seems they will try forget or suffocate their feelings. If it is the situation then Kyou and Kirino will be free to begin new relationships... then I guess why he rejects everyone confessed to him?
They are apparently happy in epilogue, but I don't understand the thing of buying a ring and kiss Kirino... its means they intend back to be a couple?

I read some early comments... somebody says that the relationship between Kyou and Kirino will be as an internalized romantic love and outward they would be just siblings. It seems very logic... something like a platonic love, but I have doubts... you think they will choose not be in a relationship nevermore ( with other people ) to not hurt themselves with jealously, for example?

I see a video of PSP game Kirinos's route and in the very end they are happy.I don't understand why they are apparently so happy in LN end being just normal siblings after everything they did before...

Its annoying but I feel a little depressed in the end because they are not able to fully express their love...
roundedrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 21:48   Link #3959
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundedrocks View Post
Its annoying but I feel a little depressed in the end because they are not able to fully express their love...
This is basically the point of the ending. Because they're blood-related siblings, they can't "fully express their love" for each other. That's why they decided to stop "dating" after they both graduated. They know that, realistically, they're still both in school and they don't have the means to run off and elope. And besides, they don't really want to run away from all their family and friends either.

The epilogue is basically just a hint/suggestion that, despite their decision, their closeness hasn't really changed. They're still hanging out together, she still imposes on him to buy her things that really only a boyfriend should buy, and he still he kisses her even though that's something he should only do to his girlfriend. And the story ends with the announcement of more "life consultations" (which is the bond that re-kindled their relationship), and her calling out to him to keep following her. So basically, they don't tell you what's going to happen to their relationship (who knows what the future will bring), but they still have a secret bond that they share that's closer than "normal siblings" no matter what they say. (And besides that, all the other romantic doors were pretty firmly closed.) What happens next is up to you to decide...
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 22:06   Link #3960
roundedrocks
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This is basically the point of the ending. Because they're blood-related siblings, they can't "fully express their love" for each other. That's why they decided to stop "dating" after they both graduated. They know that, realistically, they're still both in school and they don't have the means to run off and elope. And besides, they don't really want to run away from all their family and friends either.

The epilogue is basically just a hint/suggestion that, despite their decision, their closeness hasn't really changed. They're still hanging out together, she still imposes on him to buy her things that really only a boyfriend should buy, and he still he kisses her even though that's something he should only do to his girlfriend. And the story ends with the announcement of more "life consultations" (which is the bond that re-kindled their relationship), and her calling out to him to keep following her. So basically, they don't tell you what's going to happen to their relationship (who knows what the future will bring), but they still have a secret bond that they share that's closer than "normal siblings" no matter what they say. (And besides that, all the other romantic doors were pretty firmly closed.) What happens next is up to you to decide...
Thanks for reply
roundedrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.