AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 22:17   Link #4001
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Well, I believe that you are only forbidden from marriage, since that require them to fill in a legal form ( thus made themselves known). Even if they decided to pull a 16.5 at home, there is nothing the law can do since the law won't even know about it.
But if it's only marriage like you said, then it would mean that it wouldn't be a crime to them to have sex and a relationship even if the society learn about it. Of course, it would be undesirable for that to happen even if it isn't a crime there as there is the social stigma, but that's still better than the risk of being arrested.

And about being easy to hide it, it does depends on what kind of job / role in the society they are taking. Is Kirino plans to continue as a model, as a world-level runner, doing any big jobs that she probably can do with how good her grades are, then it would be a bit harder to hide that (but then the same apply regarding hiding her otaku hobby).
Old 2013-06-26, 22:21   Link #4002
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi-Kun View Post
lol. Play the psp game.. you'll see what I mean by its a suitable ending how they ended the LN.
I'm not sure how what happened in the PSP games really bares on what actually happened in the light novel.
VORTIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:47   Link #4003
Lisemer

Anybody knows what happened to the mangas of Oreimo and Ore no Kouhai? Since the licensing, it seems as if the originals entered on hiatus or something...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 00:09   Link #4004
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm rather curious how many manga adaptations of light novels actually get *finished*. Take a 10 volume LN series and turn it into a manga ... might just double the amount of pages? I''m following the manga version of Spice&Wolf and it has years to go at the speed it is going to cover the contents of the series.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 01:13   Link #4005
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by VORTIA View Post
I'm not sure how what happened in the PSP games really bares on what actually happened in the light novel.
There was an interview of the author stated that he wanted Kirino to be happy as quite similar to the PSP If route. You can search for the translation of the interview in this thread.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 01:31   Link #4006
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
There was an interview of the author stated that he wanted Kirino to be happy as quite similar to the PSP If route. You can search for the translation of the interview in this thread.
No, I get that. I'm not gettng how Tenchi-kun was saying this implies they could end up with someone else?
Old 2013-06-27, 07:47   Link #4007
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm rather curious how many manga adaptations of light novels actually get *finished*. Take a 10 volume LN series and turn it into a manga ... might just double the amount of pages? I''m following the manga version of Spice&Wolf and it has years to go at the speed it is going to cover the contents of the series.
They seems to go really slow pace, plus being low priority like being serialized in monthly magazines (and monthly mangas are so painfully slow).

In Oreimo's case, the manga, before going on hiatus, had 4 volumes which adapted the first 3 volumes of the novel. it had 26 chapters, so around 9 chapter per volume, so one LN volume adapted each 9 months. But that was enough time sometimes for the writer to already have released 2 volumes of the novel.

And in cases like that, with how slow it is and with the LNs getting too much ahead (and i guess specially in cases where the LNs are big, with 10+ volumes) I think most mangas end up never covering the whole series because after some time the interest and hype in that series die down.
Old 2013-06-27, 08:08   Link #4008
Maugomale

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17090.html

That third pic seems to be something related to Fushimi
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 08:13   Link #4009
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
No, I get that. I'm not gettng how Tenchi-kun was saying this implies they could end up with someone else?
Love doesn't last forever, it's possible they stay by each other's side in one form or another and fall out of romantic love.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 08:14   Link #4010
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Once those more confident in their jap can clarify, it's saying that his next work may be related to ore no imouto.
Old 2013-06-27, 08:16   Link #4011
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Once those more confident in their jap can clarify, it's saying that his next work may be related to ore no imouto.
That'd be nice, I really don't want Oreimo to end. Keep the universe alive!
Old 2013-06-27, 08:30   Link #4012
protheus
short series addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Love doesn't last forever, it's possible they stay by each other's side in one form or another and fall out of romantic love.
In some cases love lasts forever. Of course, your opinion is it doesn't, but I'm on the other side of the fence with the ones that says it does .
Everyone has the right to an opinion, no?
Old 2013-06-27, 08:31   Link #4013
Kakurin-san
Formerly known as SigUp

Quote:
Well, this fact is something only very few fictiounous love stories follow.
Old 2013-06-27, 08:34   Link #4014
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

He isn't saying that stop loving each other tommythecat is providing the possibility of them growing out of romantic love, it might be late but as the say better late then never. It is entirely possible.
Old 2013-06-27, 08:59   Link #4015
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
In some cases love lasts forever. Of course, your opinion is it doesn't, but I'm on the other side of the fence with the ones that says it does .
Everyone has the right to an opinion, no?
I worded that poorly, yes of course people can stay in love forever! I know some friends with parents still together all the way from HS.

I just mean from the standpoint of teenage crushes, how many of those last beyond and continue forever? Decidedly few but as SigUp points out fiction typically has "happily ever after" attached, that doesn't necessarily mean kids in their future but it doesn't discount the possibility
Old 2013-06-27, 09:16   Link #4016
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
In my opinion. I think this love will last forever. Because kirino and Kyousuke have shut every possibility do date someone else. And there mutual feelings are the same till the end. The fact that the Author wanted to pull a if route like ending. But couldn't do this. But he wanted to do something with Kirino her feelings but couldn't do this clearly. Implies to me that he wants to let them be together forever. So I don't have a reason to think that they will break up. How will this love play out in the future?......... I don't know. Everything is possible....

Well in real life everything is possible and yes they could break up. But in my opinion: I think Oreimo is not that kind of story who deserves that kind of ending.

I am on the side of the ones who say: 'it will continue' (this love).

Well, in the end it is just my personal opinion on how I understand the ending.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 11:14   Link #4017
VORTIA

Quote:
Well, I'd say the fact that they've had strong romantic feelings for each other all their lives, and that the status quo at the beginning of the novels was only due to Manami's sabotage points to them being likely to be together forever.

I mean, we could say Kyosuke might move to South America and become a terrorist guerilla in the future, but there's nothing in the novels to support a plot development like that, either!
Old 2013-06-27, 11:22   Link #4018
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Well, I'd say the fact that they've had strong romantic feelings for each other all their lives, and that the status quo at the beginning of the novels was only due to Manami's sabotage points to them being likely to be together forever.

I mean, we could say Kyosuke might move to South America and become a terrorist guerilla in the future, but there's nothing in the novels to support a plot development like that, either!
There is a real difference between romantic feelings and preteen sibling infatuation. Romantic feelings of love are pretty much none existent during that phase of life outside of kids liking each other and the only way they know that is expressed is through marriage because they want to be together forever(sound familiar). The elementary school promise of marriage is a pretty common trope in anime.

Saying there is no evidence to support a tamer relationship going forward for them is pretty disingenuous.
Old 2013-06-27, 12:42   Link #4019
Rampant

Quote:
There is a real difference between rit's thntithat neither gs and preteen sibling infatuation. Romantic feelings of love are pretty much none existent during that phase of life outside of kids liking each other and the only way they know that is expressed is through marriage because they want to be together forever(sound familiar). The elementary school promise of marriage is a pretty common trope in anime.

Saying there is no evidence to support a tamer relationship going forward for them is pretty disingenuous.
I couldn't agree more. If one thing is clear from the ending it's that neither of them is certain what the rules need to be or where they go from here. They're aware of the risks involved in openly pursuing a romantic relationship at their ages and they are not willing to bear those consequences. At the same time, they finally understand one another and can be happy together.

That doesn't answer the question of what they'll do once they're both adults, and it shouldn't because they don't know that answer yet. It's a huge decision and they have years to consider it first. I find this far more satisfying than an assertion that everything eventually works out. Their story as adults, whether they are lovers or not, is going to be complicated. It would only work as the plot of a new series, not as the epilogue to this one.

I'd read it.
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 12:46   Link #4020
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
The only real point they're highlighting in that little snippet is that he's working on his next story, that the Internet will be a major component in it, and he thinks it will also have an imouto character (though he doesn't say in what sort of role).

At this point, it's still very vague, but it's not implying it's related to this franchise/universe.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings