AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 10:42   Link #801
OreimoNo1

LOL Really? 6months?? april 2012?? wooh i dunno if i still alive on that month XDDD

i thought its every 2months.
OreimoNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 13:17   Link #802
sleepingleo

I said "standard timebase" for novels (in all the extension of the word), meaning some take longer, some don't. The average time should not be far from 6 months. I'm basing this only in my perspective and nothing else.
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 20:14   Link #803
TkMacintosh

Hey guys....I hate to be a bother (and I'm totally not sure if I can ask this here...)

But...Where do you guys read these light novels?

I already use Seanver for his summaries and I'm waiting for more translations on Baka-Tsuki, but it's slow >.< and I want to read more...
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 20:43   Link #804
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i can only read the vol summaries which are pretty detailed at CE translations and seanver im not allowed to post a link so google it make sure to put light novel after it
Old 2011-12-10, 22:55   Link #805
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i can only read the vol summaries which are pretty detailed at CE translations and seanver im not allowed to post a link so google it make sure to put light novel after it
No Worries. Thank you for the tips.
Old 2011-12-20, 09:51   Link #806
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Damn,,, Has anybody else read ore no kouhai 5? It was times like these that we could really empathesise with Ruri's complex towards Kirino and the fact that Kirino doesn't realise how lucky she was (and having Kyousuke)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 13:44   Link #807
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I don't remember where but I remember hearing something about the author not wanting Ore no imouto to reach double digits in terms of volume, if that's the case volume 10 should be the last. So I was thinking there might try and do a Shakugan no Shana and plan the final volume to end around the same time as a second season, considering the fact the OVA's gave us a LN route.

Hoping for a Kuroneko route, but the way it is, Ayase routes seems the most likely, although it would be very meh...

I hate it when the end becomes so hard to expect AND when you are actually supporting a particularly character.

Just not Kirino, Just Not Kirino...

If not Kirino better be Ruri
Old 2011-12-26, 14:13   Link #808
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, I'd still prefer him returning to Kuroneko... though there is something darkly amusing about the Ayase turn of events. Problem is, I didn't feel like the story movements away from Kuroneko making a lot of sense (one of those "hand of the author" looking like it is shoving pieces around on the game board moments). We'll see though -- its unwise to really judge the story til its done

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-12-26 at 15:48.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 01:50   Link #809
type-R!

Ever since I heard the title of the novel for the first time I expected Kirino to be the winner and will always do.
Afterall, maybe the author really planned to do that but so many things have happened around and maybe to the author himself as well since the conception of the story that I wouldn't be surprised if he were to choose a girl other than Kirino.
The psp games might be some compensation but still........
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 01:52   Link #810
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Damn,,, Has anybody else read ore no kouhai 5? It was times like these that we could really empathesise with Ruri's complex towards Kirino and the fact that Kirino doesn't realise how lucky she was (and having Kyousuke)
Said it correctly.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 16:21   Link #811
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
Ever since I heard the title of the novel for the first time I expected Kirino to be the winner and will always do.
Afterall, maybe the author really planned to do that but so many things have happened around and maybe to the author himself as well since the conception of the story that I wouldn't be surprised if he were to choose a girl other than Kirino.
Winner of what? I presume you are assuming this has romance as a central theme with a sister as a candidate girl? Though I wonder how the title (unlike Onii-Ai) can lead to that conclusion. The novel has always had "sibling reconciliation" as its central theme with romance as a side supporting component that plays a part only in the last couple of volumes, even though I fear the author may be pandering a group of fans in some ways on certain parts of the development in v8. Consider the games as alternate universe for filling the companies' pockets from this group of fans.
Old 2011-12-28, 20:27   Link #812
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
How about.. this is a light novel series - not a "choose the girl date-sim" ..... so it isn't necessarily the case that *anyone* will "win" (starting to find the whole horserace metaphor distasteful). Besides, for Kirino to win in the romantic sense violates a few laws, the social values of the family, etc unless of course "winning" simply means he stays unattached and continues to simply focus on her as a big brother. This isn't some rural town or some pre-modern series after all.
Old 2011-12-31, 07:15   Link #813
type-R!

To me the title of the novel implied the possibility of an incestual relationship between the protagonists. I know that just because it has the word 'imouto' on it doesn't necessarily mean incest, but still the title attracted my attention and after knowing the plot, it seemed ideal to me for the siblings to get together.
There are several themes and situations in development in the story, but I believe the "race" for Kyousuke is probably the most notorious and maybe the ultimate goal of the novel. Of course the author might have something else in mind, but the question of who will "win" is already there and it may or may not be answered.
The legal or social implications of a controversial ending are obvious, it depends on the author or publisher to decide what risks to take. In a fictional story, there is room for many things, including taboo relationships, but yeah given the current circumstances of the work, such an ending does not seem very viable, unfortunately.
Old 2011-12-31, 21:42   Link #814
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just want to be clear, an incest ending for Yosuga no Sora made perfect sense to me ... it just makes no sense with the story line as we have it in Ore no Imouto. Sorry if I sounded put out but there's been a lot of 'shipping in the threads that make me wonder if some people even follow the events before blazing off into fantasy land
Old 2012-01-03, 19:41   Link #815
satuross

btw.Is the PSP ore no imouto in english?
satuross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 17:17   Link #816
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Just want to be clear, an incest ending for Yosuga no Sora made perfect sense to me ... it just makes no sense with the story line as we have it in Ore no Imouto. Sorry if I sounded put out but there's been a lot of 'shipping in the threads that make me wonder if some people even follow the events before blazing off into fantasy land
I agree with Yosuga no Sora as well. Oreimo, well, you already know my opinion. As far as the shipping I know there are those who start fantasizing before knowing the story enough, but I don't really think this is a bad thing. Not everybody takes or has the time to digest the story completely and formulate an adequate view. Some simply grasp the main points but still enjoy it in their own way, which is in a sense a goal of any literary work. I know I don't analyze every detail of every single work I read. As long as the shippers don't go overboard, let them enjoy the novel (well more like a superficial enjoyment).

To satuross:
There is an English patch for the psp game in work, but it is still far from complete.

Last edited by type-R!; 2012-01-04 at 18:09.
Old 2012-01-04, 17:19   Link #817
Athena
The Power of One

Again, I'd bet that the author would pull out a somehow siblings-not-blood-related thing to clear it...Yosuga no Sora ending might pull...controversy?
Old 2012-01-20, 00:37   Link #818
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Some news from baka-tsuki:

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
I finally got around to reading this series and am loving it so far.

Seeing how sparse the translations are, I think I'll lend a hand and help translate.
Old 2012-01-20, 00:39   Link #819
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That would be cool... I'd really like to see how the series finishes out. Unless Yen picks up the series, its unlikely anyone else will.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:43   Link #820
TkMacintosh

This is fantastic

I can finally read the light novels :3

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings