AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-17, 15:55   Link #1361
tarajis
El Psy Congroo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Within the choice of Steins Gate...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Kanako:



Spoiler for spoiler:



I believe the best contenders for the end girl is either Ayase or Kuroneko... they both consider Kirino with their relationship with Kyousuke...

For me, I favor Ayase than Kuroneko... unless Kuroneko plays twister with Kyousuke... maybe I'll think to reconsider...
__________________
No one knows what the future holds.
It has infinite potential as this encounter makes it clear.
This is the choice of Steins Gate.
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 18:54   Link #1362
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
I believe the best contenders for the end girl is either Ayase or Kuroneko... they both consider Kirino with their relationship with Kyousuke...

For me, I favor Ayase than Kuroneko... unless Kuroneko plays twister with Kyousuke... maybe I'll think to reconsider...
Of course, considered the author, it is possible that we will have an open end without any clear winner.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:08   Link #1363
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Probably not. Given that all the three main girls are adamant, and considering Kyousuke outright said that he would be confessing, it'll take quite a bit of twisting for a open end to happen. Plus, I don't recall Juusanbanme no Alice having an open end.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:09   Link #1364
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Of course, considered the author, it is possible that we will have an open end without any clear winner.
Its a possibility, but that would seriously suck. I mean come on, 4-5 years of working on a novel to have it end on as an open harem.... Lets go Kirino!
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:12   Link #1365
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Finally, something else that I found interesting:
Spoiler for Ayase:
That is awesome.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 20:49   Link #1366
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Probably not. Given that all the three main girls are adamant, and considering Kyousuke outright said that he would be confessing, it'll take quite a bit of twisting for a open end to happen. Plus, I don't recall Juusanbanme no Alice having an open end.
All the author have to do is end the series right before he confess, but give hints for all possible confessions. That would screw us reader's mind easily
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 00:52   Link #1367
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In Hancock's Heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Of course, considered the author, it is possible that we will have an open end without any clear winner.
I'd rather have this than have KIrino win
__________________
www.gifreducer.com/upld/gen/IXzHGD/32-nodither.gif
Faberry
Quinn and Rachel
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 01:23   Link #1368
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
I'd rather have this than have KIrino win
yeah, we got that. o.O

I'm still of the notion that a "Kirino win" would require some tortured forced writing and a trainwreck of the "suspension of disbelief" an author needs to maintain. I've seen that happen before (and the winner is jerked into place through a deux ex machina via poll surveys... blech).

I might believe a platonic "Kirino wins" but that's basically a non-ending as far as romance goes (like GVN describes above). In that case, the story really was primarily about two siblings repairing their relationship. We'd still be open-ended about whom Kyousuke might romance as an actual mate later.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 01:55   Link #1369
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm still of the notion that a "Kirino win" would require some tortured forced writing and a trainwreck of the "suspension of disbelief" an author needs to maintain. I've seen that happen before (and the winner is jerked into place through a deux ex machina via poll surveys... blech).
Spoiler for Kirino:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 09:03   Link #1370
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 1.048596
Age: 26
I find it interesting since there are two possibilities if Kyousuke chooses Kirino.

1) They are not related blood siblings (as the game).
2) They actually are blood related, so the ending is one of "They lived together happily as family, loving each other", which I found weird since the story pretty much leads to a romantic conclusion.

So, we have Kuroneko's vision and Ayase declaration about Kirino. Both are pretty much similar. But I still can't imagine Manami's plans, and I don't think she will share Kyousuke with Kirino, so the outcome remains to be a mystery to me
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 10:05   Link #1371
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
I find it interesting since there are two possibilities if Kyousuke chooses Kirino.

1) They are not related blood siblings (as the game).
2) They actually are blood related, so the ending is one of "They lived together happily as family, loving each other", which I found weird since the story pretty much leads to a romantic conclusion.
I agree that 2 is quite cheap, while 1 is a bit plain. That is the reason I brought up the open end : the author can give hint of 2), but we will never know for sure.
Quote:
So, we have Kuroneko's vision and Ayase declaration about Kirino. Both are pretty much similar. But I still can't imagine Manami's plans, and I don't think she will share Kyousuke with Kirino, so the outcome remains to be a mystery to me
Whatever Manami's plan is, the chance she approve of Kirino's bro-con is almost non-existence. However, since a part of Kyousuke is always think of Kirino (the sis-con part), I believe that if she denied Kirino, she wil end up denied Kyousuke as well.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 17:09   Link #1372
Maugomale
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Got a question for those who already read volume 11:

Spoiler:
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 18:41   Link #1373
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Got a question for those who already read volume 11:

Spoiler:
I didn't read volume 11 yet, but here is my idea
Spoiler for Hopefully not:
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 00:48   Link #1374
tarajis
El Psy Congroo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Within the choice of Steins Gate...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Spoiler for Kanako:
Spoiler for Manami-Kanako Alliance:



Spoiler for Manami:
__________________
No one knows what the future holds.
It has infinite potential as this encounter makes it clear.
This is the choice of Steins Gate.

Last edited by tarajis; 2012-09-20 at 01:19.
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 09:43   Link #1375
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
From all the spoilers posted here (so I most probably wrong), I don't think Manami will be the girl Kyousuke confesses to. Because after read that if nothing went wrong back then, Kyousuke would still reject Sakurai's confession with the same reason he's rejecting her now, because he already has a girl he likes; and then in the middle of it Kyousuke was accepting Kuroneko's confession, Manami is off the list.

First, if Manami was the girl Kyousuke meant when he would reject Sakurai years ago, then why would Kyousuke was accepted Kuroneko then? Manami's position shouldn't be different, if any when Kuroneko confessed to her Manami was closer to Kyousuke than she was when Sakurai confessed, since it was Manami who changed Kyousuke attitude to love normal life.

It was Kirino's positions that different. Years ago the sibling was very close so at that time Kirino was probably the girl Kyousuke love the most. But then cold war happened, though the time Kuroneko confessed to her, Kyousuke and Kirino relationship has been gradually improved it hasn't reached the level of pre-cold war, so at that time Kyousuke could accept Kuroneko's feeling. And now after (almost?!) fully recover their bro-siscon feeling and Kyousuke himself knows Kirino likes him, it makes Kyousuke went back to reject other girls confession because Kirino is the number 1 girl for him. And he did promise (to himself, IIRC?) that he won't has girlfriend if Kirino doesn't have boyfriend first, and even then he wants to be him who confesses to the girl, not the other way around.

So, in the end I think Kirino is the end girl, Kyousuke will probably confess to her but just for the sake not crossing "the real" line, I think the story won't let him and Kirino together as a lover, but just as (really really) close sibling (so you can still have your way, Ayase!!! XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Spoiler for Manami-Kanako Alliance:
Since Kanako route was written by Fushimi himself, and I remember on the last interview/discussion for the PSP game, on one part he said he has the idea for Daisuke and Yoshino (Kousaka dad & mom) relationship/story on the past since long time ago but he hadn't have the chance to use it on the light novel so he used it on the PSP game; I think it's the opposite, he's using the discarded/unused ideas for the specific girl on the PSP game where he couldn't use those for the light novel. Or for some part further expand those already used on the PSP game to the LN with some alterations (eg: Manami as 'the last boss').

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
Spoiler for Manami:
I don't know if it's written by Fushimi himself, but if it's a further hint/insight for Manami character, on her omake/bonus story when she's consulting to Daisuke, Daisuke said she is too kind it's naive. She always put others before herself, and she herself said that she wants to befriend all her love rivals for Kyousuke's affection.

So maybe when she told young Kirino to be 'normal' and forget her feeling for Kyousuke, I think she did that because she doesn't want Kyousuke and Kirino to be outcasted by other peoples for having incestuous relationship.
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:07   Link #1376
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 1.048596
Age: 26
From what I can recall, that promise was between the two of them.

And I wouldn't say Manami was that kind only because she was worried about the two of them. That could be a part, but I feel there is something more behind those acts.

If you think about it, Manami has a high influence over Kyousuke, so, why did she talk with Kirino, knowing she could react in an opposite way, instead of Kyousuke?
Or, why did she even talk about it, when the outcome was probably the worst?


I did said she's evil in joke, but I can't think about her without suspecting something more. She's a girl after all, and not a nun or something like that

Whatever the ending will be, I'd rather an ending with a couple and not an open ending with everyone living happy.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:48   Link #1377
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
From what I can recall, that promise was between the two of them.

And I wouldn't say Manami was that kind only because she was worried about the two of them. That could be a part, but I feel there is something more behind those acts.

If you think about it, Manami has a high influence over Kyousuke, so, why did she talk with Kirino, knowing she could react in an opposite way, instead of Kyousuke?
Or, why did she even talk about it, when the outcome was probably the worst?
Because she is in middle school at that time, and unable to think very far ahead? And she did talk with Kyousuke. Remeber, her advice is the reason Kyousuke turned into his current self.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 11:14   Link #1378
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 1.048596
Age: 26
The talk with Kyousuke was about other matters, not about how he felt about Kirino at that time.

And I really can't understand why she did that, when probably the better choice would've been to not do anything and let the time to be in charge of that.


Now that I think about it, maybe she did the two things thinking far ahead in the future. She caused Kyousuke turned into the normal boring guy he is now, and made Kirino to be apart from him during a period of time.
But, if she did that knowing what will happen, why is she going to do something to makes sure Kirino and Kyousuke do not end together?

Meh, I will just to read some doujinshi to prepare myself for anything that could happen in the next volume
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 18:17   Link #1379
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
The talk with Kyousuke was about other matters, not about how he felt about Kirino at that time.

And I really can't understand why she did that, when probably the better choice would've been to not do anything and let the time to be in charge of that.


Now that I think about it, maybe she did the two things thinking far ahead in the future. She caused Kyousuke turned into the normal boring guy he is now, and made Kirino to be apart from him during a period of time.
But, if she did that knowing what will happen, why is she going to do something to makes sure Kirino and Kyousuke do not end together?
What you said about her action made me feel like she purposed "made Kirino go away so she is the only one can give Kyousuke advice "
........
I still unable to think of Manami that way ><
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 21:22   Link #1380
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Has anyone here known about the reactions of the Japanese people about Manami's actions?
Was it like Volume 8's fiery boycotts of Kuroneko?
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.