AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2015-03-14, 19:12   Link #1
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Since this is part of the original Devil May Cry series I think it's best to separate it from the reboot since the game already release and this is the one a lot are hyped up for.

Japanese Teaser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Vergil cloaked, release date teaser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-03-14, 19:59   Link #2
Shadow5YA

So uh... does this mean Itsuno's DMC games are now officially a separate continuity from Kamiya's now?

Because I thought DMC4 took place after DMC1
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 02:48   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So uh... does this mean Itsuno's DMC games are now officially a separate continuity from Kamiya's now?

Because I thought DMC4 took place after DMC1
Probably not, they'll just find a way to insert Vergil somehow, most likely with this being a flashback sequence.

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 18:28   Link #4
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Vergil in the light novel as Gilver storyline became non canon after DMC3 giving a new origin story for Vergil to fit Kamiya's DMC1.
Old 2015-03-17, 15:52   Link #5
WingsoftheDragonix

Now, this is a Dmc that I'm really looking forward to play.

I was always curious about the connection between Nero and Vergil.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 17:56   Link #6
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsoftheDragonix View Post
Now, this is a Dmc that I'm really looking forward to play.

I was always curious about the connection between Nero and Vergil.
Unless they decided to change the story details in DMC4SE, here is some explanation about their connection that I posted some time ago.
Old 2015-03-17, 18:55   Link #7
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

taking the quote from the link and thread.

Quote:
According to the DMC4 Novel (which has a canon story), Nero is Vergil's son. IIRC Vergil visited Fortuna City some time ago prior to DMC3 event, and he had an "affair" with the local whore there.... Nero has lived an isolated life and feared (because of his white hair) before he was picked up by the order.
This is kinda supported with the posters when Vergil is walking, it's like he was in a brothel, but no solid evidence yet, we only have those canvas like posters.

This also explains why Vergil still looks young in the DMC4SE
Old 2015-03-17, 19:20   Link #8
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
This is kinda supported with the posters when Vergil is walking, it's like he was in a brothel, but no solid evidence yet, we only have those canvas like posters.

This also explains why Vergil still looks young in the DMC4SE
And the reason why he still has the same garment as his DMC3 one I suppose...
After a bit og digging, I found the novel summary here.

Well, basically Nero was never confirmed to be Vergil's son but he's heavily hinted so throughout the novel. Sanctus met Vergil once too, which means Vergil visited Fortuna city prior to DMC3.

IIRC both Dante and Vergil are 19 in DMC3? CMIIW
Considering Vergil seems to have zero interest in women, imagining him impregnating a prostitute at such young age is really unlike him at all.
Old 2015-03-17, 20:26   Link #9
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Zero interest indeed, but damn body lust is always here and there so who knows.

also this is interesting in the read the very first line and the ending

Quote:
After their first battle, Dante immediately had the idea/impression that Nero had the same look in his eyes as Vergil. What 'look' that is, no one knows. Dante didn't explain a thing. Hmm…
Quote:
It is revealed near the end that Dante was neither interested nor curious to confirm Nero's origins. It didn't matter who his parents might be because it's not like Nero could show him any evidence. To him, the one important thing was that he could feel that the kid carried 'the soul that should be inherited'
I'm surprised as well so Dante is only copying Vergil's moveset using Yamato, it maybe an imitation of his brother, but it seems very effective.

Also this is why I think the series can still continue because of the novel. Dante seems to be branching out his demon hunter business giving Nero the same neon sign Devil May Cry as Nero opens his own. Means they still are in touch with each other which is great to hear.
Old 2015-03-18, 00:38   Link #10
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Considering Vergil seems to have zero interest in women, imagining him impregnating a prostitute at such young age is really unlike him at all.
Maybe he was attracted to one of the prostitutes because she reminded him of his mother kind how like how Trish was to Dante
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 08:32   Link #11
WingsoftheDragonix

Ryonea@Thank you.

This was really interesting, and I agree with what kenjiharima said.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 19:41   Link #12
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I'm surprised as well so Dante is only copying Vergil's moveset using Yamato, it maybe an imitation of his brother, but it seems very effective.

Also this is why I think the series can still continue because of the novel. Dante seems to be branching out his demon hunter business giving Nero the same neon sign Devil May Cry as Nero opens his own. Means they still are in touch with each other which is great to hear.
CMIIW but I've read somewhere that Vergil's swordmanship is better than Dante. Back in DMC 3 events, Vergil could use Rebellion (when they exchanged swords when fighting Arkham) and Force Edge effectively (and even combo-ed the latter with Yamato).

Dante might never had a training with a katana type weapon before. IMO he can imitate Vergil's attacks such as when he's destroying the hell gate and The Savior's orb, but I doubt he could use Yamato effectively in a swordfight. Back in the DMC3 where he exchanged swords with Vergil, he holds the sword rather awkwardly Nero's the same I guess... he uses Yamato more like "just another sword".

Yes, I believe the series will eventually continue too. But continuing to Nero would mean Vergil's really gone after all while the fans crave for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Maybe he was attracted to one of the prostitutes because she reminded him of his mother kind how like how Trish was to Dante
Probably, but that's not enough motivation to bang her immediately, no?
Old 2015-03-18, 19:58   Link #13
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
CMIIW but I've read somewhere that Vergil's swordmanship is better than Dante. Back in DMC 3 events, Vergil could use Rebellion (when they exchanged swords when fighting Arkham) and Force Edge effectively (and even combo-ed the latter with Yamato).

Dante might never had a training with a katana type weapon before. IMO he can imitate Vergil's attacks such as when he's destroying the hell gate and The Savior's orb, but I doubt he could use Yamato effectively in a swordfight. Back in the DMC3 where he exchanged swords with Vergil, he holds the sword rather awkwardly Nero's the same I guess... he uses Yamato more like "just another sword".

Yes, I believe the series will eventually continue too. But continuing to Nero would mean Vergil's really gone after all while the fans crave for him.

Probably, but that's not enough motivation to bang her immediately, no?
DMC3 Manga and DMC LN.1 Vergil is mentioned better in swords and he hates Dante for using guns. I think Dante has more talent adapting to various weapons at his disposal while Vergil is more of a Katana wielder and might have trouble weilding various weapons such as Dante. In DMC3 he had limited weapons he's still Yamato bound.

I think this will probably happen they may continue the Dante in hell storyline and he might meet up with Vergil there in a different DMC game probably DMC5 wishful thinking though...
Old 2015-03-19, 19:42   Link #14
anime fan99

Quote:
And the reason why he still has the same garment as his DMC3 one I suppose...
After a bit og digging, I found the novel summary here.

Well, basically Nero was never confirmed to be Vergil's son but he's heavily hinted so throughout the novel. Sanctus met Vergil once too, which means Vergil visited Fortuna city prior to DMC3.

When we saw Vrigl interacts with women to reach the conclusion he have zero interest in them
Old 2015-03-19, 19:56   Link #15
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Pretty much like Kazuya he just met Jun and just had sex, boom Jin Kazama. Here Nero with an unknown mother.
Old 2015-03-19, 20:02   Link #16
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
When we saw Vrigl interacts with women to reach the conclusion he have zero interest in them
I didn't say that he really has zero interest, but he just seemed so. He was always depicted having an obsession of getting more power. It's normal to assume nothing else crosses his mind, let alone women.

Like kenjiharima said, he's similar to Kazuya if you play Tekken. While his case with Jun is because he's mysteriously attracted to each other, Vergil's case is still unknown (assuming that Nero is really his son).
Old 2015-03-20, 00:41   Link #17
anime fan99

Quote:
I didn't say that he really has zero interest, but he just seemed so. He was always depicted having an obsession of getting more power. It's normal to assume nothing else crosses his mind, let alone women.

Like kenjiharima said, he's similar to Kazuya if you play Tekken. While his case with Jun is because he's mysteriously attracted to each other, Vergil's case is still unknown (assuming that Nero is really his son).
You do not know all the power hungry men like Vergil's love role playing in the bed room
Old 2015-03-20, 00:43   Link #18
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
You do not know all the power hungry men like Vergil's love role playing in the bed room
Yeah I don't know about that. Is that a bad thing?
Old 2015-03-20, 00:55   Link #19
anime fan99

Quote:
Yeah I don't know about that. Is that a bad thing?
no I'm just sharing the information
Old 2015-03-20, 01:13   Link #20
rickiminato

I think about the relation of nego with virgil, or is two things nero is the son of vergil or is his rencarnation